Role of Crypto/Cybercurrencies in the PTB's loss of control?

I have to take issue with this lack of external consideration. Female genitals are one of the most amazing and courageous human organs around. Ever seen a childbirth? It’s also misogynistic Equating female with weakness. I never liked this term. Forgive me for sounding like a prissy Snowflake about this. I get the usage and meaning. I get it is standard locker room talk. I think we can and should do better here on this forum.

It's only an insult when directed at men, specifically because behaving like women is not appropriate for men. Yes, women of course have their own virtues, and demonstrate strength and courage in their own way ... but feminine strength is not masculine strength, and in my opinion we're experiencing a severe deficit of the former, which is to a large degree why we all find ourselves in the predicament we're in.

And that absence of masculine virtue is almost 100% due to men being shamed for everything they do and say, locker room talk most especially included, such that every time they use a naughty word they get dogpiled, resulting in a chilling effect and men just holding their tongue lest they trip over yet another arbitrary boundary.

Further, implicit in your remark is that such language would only be used by men. It isn't. I've heard women use it many a time, in order to shame men for not acting like men. Which I'm all in favor of.

One thing I've never heard: such terminology being deployed as an insult to women. Everyone who uses it understands implicitly that would be a category error.

Long reply, tangential to the thread topic; however, I for one am entirely sick of language policing everywhere else in society, and firmly believe that "we can and should do better here on this forum."

People should stop being pussies

That's going a bit overboard.

I have to take issue with this lack of external consideration.

Agreed.

And that absence of masculine virtue is almost 100% due to men being shamed for everything they do and say, locker room talk most especially included, such that every time they use a naughty word they get dogpiled, resulting in a chilling effect and men just holding their tongue lest they trip over yet another arbitrary boundary.

I think there is something to be said for poo-pooing locker room talk. If it's ever appropriate, it would only be appropriate in a locker room. Even then, aren't there more creative, clever, and effective ways to say the same thing?

And if I feel the need to put down someone else by describing them as female genitalia of all things, the only thing I'm really doing is showing my own emotional turmoil - which isn't very manly at all, and also often reveals my inner uncertainty and weakness.

When you think about it, there are probably VERY few situations where insulting someone is an actual expression of true strength of character.

Sissies then. It’s quite simple. Most people lose money because they get emotional instead of rational.

Time spent in learning crypto and investing can adds you as a person and teach you self-control.

People should stop panic selling every time the markets give a whim.

I mean people panic sell even when Elon Musk changes his Twitter profile picture in anything not crypto-related. 😆 This market is highly hysterical.

I don't have a Ph.D. in the meaning of the word and didn't give it a lot of thought. I meant it in the context of stop being emotional/hysterical. Might save a lot of people a lot of money.

That's going a bit overboard.

Agreed.

I think there is something to be said for poo-pooing locker room talk. If it's ever appropriate, it would only be appropriate in a locker room. Even then, aren't there more creative, clever, and effective ways to say the same thing?

And if I feel the need to put down someone else by describing them as female genitalia of all things, the only thing I'm really doing is showing my own emotional turmoil - which isn't very manly at all, and also often reveals my inner uncertainty and weakness.

When you think about it, there are probably VERY few situations where insulting someone is an actual expression of true strength of character.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but living in the belly of the critical theory censorship beast as I do, and having to constantly practice extreme levels of strategic enclosure due to an environment saturated with hypersensitive SJWs, I really, really don't want this forum to go down that path. Language policing is the thin end of the wedge there. When I see phrases along the lines of "we have to do better", classic SJW code for "here's a new rule you all have to follow", my hackles go straight up. Same when it seems someone is getting offended on behalf of an amorphous group: "you can't use this word because it's vaguely insulting to a group I'm appointing myself the champion of". There's no real end to that: once this tactic is permitted, essentially any language referencing a biological trait can be judged a speech crime, e.g. "that government propaganda is so lame" is insulting to the differently abled.

As it is, I think the rules here are pretty good: don't discuss illegal stuff, don't make personal attacks, don't introduce noise, and keep discussions on topic. I suppose one might argue that colorful language, being emotional, is a source of noise, but to me it seems equally valid that vocabulary policing is also a source of noise: there are situations where a visceral expression communicates meaning quite a bit more directly than more verbose, anodyne prose might achieve; while at the same time, introducing vaguely defined speech rules will a) have a chilling effect and b) over time lead to a culture of speech policing, in turn c) leading to threads accumulating posts where forum members scold people for their choice of words (as is the case here) which then d) generates off-topic posts distracting from the issue under discussion.

This is precisely the process that has unfolded in academia over the last few decades, and has culminated in academia becoming essentially useless as an arena for truth determination.

I don't mean to suggest that is anyone's intent, but living in the cultural context we do, it's all too easy for this kind of thing to seep in here, or anywhere else, simply due to unconscious assimilation of prevailing socially engineered cultural mores.

I remember once that it was said to me on the forum that I should be a man when I've my OCD tendencies. Nobody was upset about that. And I don't think it was meant in a way that I was a loser. Just to get it under control.

Context seems important.

But okay... It's not a very classy word to use. How about. ''Don't get cold feet''

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but living in the belly of the critical theory censorship beast as I do, and having to constantly practice extreme levels of strategic enclosure due to an environment saturated with hypersensitive SJWs, I really, really don't want this forum to go down that path.
I suppose that anybody can come up with some reason why what they said was okay to say. I never liked the use of that word way before the whole SJW thing became a thing. I find it childish and disgusting. But, hey, I'm just an older female....

Thank you, Scottie, and BHelmet, for being gentlemen.

This is precisely the process that has unfolded in academia over the last few decades, and has culminated in academia becoming essentially useless as an arena for truth determination.

What you are talking about are so-called micro-aggressions that make people hyper-sensitive. Unstable even, and aggressive.

Next time I keep it normal and classy. Or gentlemen like.

But crypto-related.

I think the price is going as expected, price tested its strong support level of $35,150 - $35,800. It can bounce if it gets lower from here. But remember, sentiments are still not strong, so if price breaks and closes below this support, it will lead to a further fall.

Maybe we will see another correction below 30K.

I'm hoping BTC will get above 100.000K before the end of the year so it can take a punch in case the economy crashes.

I have to take issue with this lack of external consideration. Female genitals are one of the most amazing and courageous human organs around. Ever seen a childbirth? It’s also misogynistic Equating female with weakness. I never liked this term. Forgive me for sounding like a prissy Snowflake about this. I get the usage and meaning. I get it is standard locker room talk. I think we can and should do better here on this forum.

Intimate. Soft and vulnerable. The sacred key of life, not designed for combat. The actual, biological opposite of what a man is.

Why do you assume the term has any negative or mysogynistic connotations? Unless if you are of the intersectional opinion that a woman equals a man? There is no negative connotation. I've never heard a woman being called a pussy, and it wouldn't make sense. The connotation isn't there - the figure of speech only exists and has a meaning when it refers to "masculine isn't being masculine."

I'm sorry, but to me, the lack of external consideration would be to internalize double-speak because of identitarian thinking. For the same reason that I'm a lying yogi (buddhism and yoga both enjoin against lying, yet strategic enclosure), I am also a shitposting and swearing yogi. I don't want to lie if I can avoid it, I do not want to sanitize my language into a bleached double-speak to prevent personality structures from being offended. As far as I understand, this is the opposite of a psychologically healing process, and is the actual lack of external consideration - the readiness to lie and hide ones' genuine meaning simply to protect the comfort of a personality structure.

I am pretty certain that the lack of external consideration would be to sanitize language against offense. That way lies reality dissociation.

Last edited:
P.s. I wrote the above post in reply to a version of the page I had loaded yesterday, and had not seen any of the other posts that BHelmet's comment sparked today. I significantly agree with psychegram, especially in the fact that the term 'pussy' has no negative connotation except when applied to the opposite sex, in which case it is a figure of speech demonstrating critical inconsistency. Offense in this case is entirely due to personal assumptions and interpretations, not due to an insulting word or intent.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but living in the belly of the critical theory censorship beast as I do, and having to constantly practice extreme levels of strategic enclosure due to an environment saturated with hypersensitive SJWs, I really, really don't want this forum to go down that path. Language policing is the thin end of the wedge there.
But there is clear distinction between strategic enclosure and external consideration, and choosing how one expresses oneself on the forum (and elsewhere society) should take into account avoiding certain words by knowing it's a bit vulgar/offending and not part how people usually express themselves (at least in here).

And besides this is not some bar or locker room, so we should keep higher standards to our choise of words (maybe vision how you would talk in some majestic old library or similar place).

Not to make mountain out of molehill, but we have 4th way concepts related to self-awareness which we practice through forum interactions, and it's useful to keep those in mind when posting - being mindful of others and being aware/awake.

But there is clear distinction between strategic enclosure and external consideration, and choosing how one expresses oneself on the forum (and elsewhere society) should take into account avoiding certain words by knowing it's a bit vulgar/offending and not part how people usually express themselves (at least in here).

And besides this is not some bar or locker room, so we should keep higher standards to our choise of words (maybe vision how you would talk in some majestic old library or similar place).

Not to make mountain out of molehill, but we have 4th way concepts related to self-awareness which we practice through forum interactions, and it's useful to keep those in mind when posting - being mindful of others and being aware/awake.

Why is it that external consideration only goes one way here? i.e. in the direction of "you can't use that word because I think it is offensive"?

Seems to me that external consideration can also mean, taking a step back from one's own emotional reaction and interrogating oneself as to whether that reaction is due to the intent behind someone's language, or due to one's own emotional priors.

This kind of language policing ultimately comes down to a demand that others tiptoe around one's own emotional reactions, rather than one doing the work of psychological introspection to determine whether one's emotional reactions are justified. In other words, instead of learning to control one's emotions and not be led around by them, it's a demand that others be controlled by one's emotions.

It is because I am mindful of other's well-being that I will refuse to pimp out my language to identitarian and offense-seeking ideology. Hiding truth for ideological comfort is by far the worst heresy to reality.

For the same reason that I'm a lying yogi (buddhism and yoga both enjoin against lying, yet strategic enclosure), I am also a shitposting and swearing yogi. I don't want to lie if I can avoid it, I do not want to sanitize my language into a bleached double-speak to prevent personality structures from being offended.

Couldn't have said it better myself (and got a good chuckle out of the phrasing as I recognized myself in it).

And besides this is not some bar or locker room,

Interesting phrasing, though.

The phrase "you're in the wrong bar" is in fact regularly used here to suggest to trolls that they'd be welcome to leave.

As to a locker room, well after all we are here to Work (out). I admit that one is more of a stretch.

At any rate I must have missed the memo that this is now a Sunday school.

Back
Top Bottom