Role of Crypto/Cybercurrencies in the PTB's loss of control?

These pump and dumps are heavily coordinated, and the last few months they happen pretty much on a weekly base.

That's always the case. Get in at 32K, and I get out at 39K. And then repeat. That's what I did for the last 3 weeks. Wales didn't act differently. I didn't felt that there was enough confidence in the market just yet to break 40K But now I think there is. Depending on if we reach 42.5K before the weekends.

The influencer follows the big money/large institutions, it is not the other way around here.

Bad news= graphs go down.
Good news= graphs go up.

Simple. Wales are also at the mercy of this. Just like the Reddit group, many keep seeking mysterious forces behind everything the market does. Yes, they are out there. But I think some realism would serve a lot of people better.

I think the whales and people or interests that can move crypto where they want it (to a large degree) use such Musk tweets and such as a pivot point to make their moves. It makes it look like Musk is moving the market, but really I don't think he is. Often times you will see supposed bad news and statements by governments piled on to bad news, and crypto falls. Then you will see some kind of bottom or capitulation and then the good news come out on top of more good news and the tide turns. This all could possibly be coordinated toward a purpose. For a good amount of time, I have thought and figured governments were already buyers and miners of crypto, but not telling anyone. Now with El Salvador, it is official that governments are directly involved. So you have many of the biggest financial interests in the world, to include governments, involved. I think such interests want to gain as big a foothold into crypto as they can moving forward and eventually own as much of it as they can.

Also, I have heard one youtuber (Bitcoin Ben - he has a lot of connections in crypto, from influencers to owners of major exchanges) mention a few times in the past that there is a private Telegram group where the people, like Musk (though I have no idea if he is in it), network and talk about crypto. I'd imagine such a group could facilitate loose coordination, even if it is just such people having the same understanding about crypto and where it is heading price wise etc.

edit added: And, imo, the big interest in crypto know all the supposedly key technical analysis (TA) points everyone is looking at as important and they use these points to make moves and also to put pressure on people to sell, if they can get people to sell.
My thoughts also. Most people think they're getting into the crypto market because it's the future of money, decentralised, moving away from central banks etc, but end up getting in debt over it or worse. Not to say you can't invest or trade trends and make money, but when everyone is screaming "here we go, only up from here, put your savings into this" it's probably about to chew you up and spit you out.

Wednesday’s Fed meeting will be interesting and impactful one way or the other. I am standing aside until I see which way the wind coming out of Powell’s pie hole blows. It feels like the equilibrium is highly stressed and tense. The junkies get another fix or the withdrawals begin in earnest. We get Price inflation Or asset devaluation. Or wild gyrations of both/chaos is not out of the question. I really don’t think or feel the Semi-stasis can continue.

I started working in a bank prior to the introduction of telephone and internet banking. While there were sales targets for staff before that, around that time sales pressure increased and sales targets were linked to KPI's (Key Performance Indicators that impacted staff appraisals and pay grades). Basically if sales targets didn't get hit, pay grades could go down.

Sales pitches were built around three key ideas - make 'em money, save 'em money, save 'em time. But if banks wanted to influence customer migration to new products and services, they'd make the new product or service cheap or free, more convenient and with better interest rates or opportunities for gains in other way's while making the old product more expensive in terms of service fees, more inconvenient to use with lower or no interest rates or other benefits. The old carrot and stick routine.

Not knowing much about crypto's I really can't see from a user perspective how they'd differ that much from other means of electronic banking if the infrastructure becomes extensive enough. However the major hook that I can see for chasing crypto at the moment is make 'em money. If PTB is planning on migrating everyone to crypto, then I'd also expect to see the current system become more expensive and/or more inconvenient to use while crypto's become more convenient and cheaper to use on top of the hook of the potential of making money with them - at least until a significant proportion of the population has migrated to using it.

In any case, there's evidence that governments will still at least regulate cryptocurrencies either through amendments or inclusion to existing laws dealing with finance and trade, or ultimately new crypto specific legislation and a total repealing of all non crypto finance and trade legislation. Then of course there's the possibility that govts will just issue their own crypto and make it illegal to trade in non govt issue crypto.

More people likely are selling because they're scared of what the Fed will say. Like with the G7, if it's nothing really bad (not expecting that they will tell the truth), crypto will go up.

If it wasn't for the PTB driving the economic system off a cliff I swear I would have made a fortune in the next 5 years.

Nations and large corporations are starting to adopt crypto more and more.

General Motors CEO Mary Barra told CNBC Wednesday that "nothing precludes" her company from accepting Bitcoin payments:

Steel and metal prices here are going through the roof as well as perishable grocery and goods. Yet Fed is feeding us the same old bs business as usual as this is only temporary. Inflation is real and it won't be long before our salaries no longer cover it.
Let's see how long the blockchain lasts, while the hash difficulty increases as human 'tokens' line up to be 'transacted'...
genb.png

Title is misleading... Sounds like they were about to declare Bitcoin as legal tender. No one knows what the legislation will include. It could very well be legal tender, it could very well not. We gotta wait and see.

Bitcoin Adoption In Paraguay Next Month, the domino effect is unstoppable

Markets everywhere are red. I guess the FED failed in reassuring the populace that everything is a-okay.

Inflation is getting worse and the dollar is being devalued so people are selling bitcoin for FIAT. How does that make sense?

Inflation is getting worse and the dollar is being devalued so people are selling bitcoin for FIAT. How does that make sense?
It doesn't, but retail investors tend to be emotional.

Me, I'm HODLing. Short term price changes are just noise. Look at. BTC's price on a logarithmic scale, and it's practically a linear increase.

Me, I'm HODLing. Short term price changes are just noise.

Everything is just noise until BTC is at $100,000 ;)

People should stop being pussies, volatility is what you sign up for when you get into a crypt.

I guess this is another meaningless FUD people are freaking out about today.

Who cares. Miners out of China mean more decentralization and less pressure on the price.

Last edited:
People should stop being pussies
I have to take issue with this lack of external consideration. Female genitals are one of the most amazing and courageous human organs around. Ever seen a childbirth? It’s also misogynistic Equating female with weakness. I never liked this term. Forgive me for sounding like a prissy Snowflake about this. I get the usage and meaning. I get it is standard locker room talk. I think we can and should do better here on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom