wanderingthomas

Jedi Master
A previous thread on the topic of a mystery, previously unknown Coronavirus was discovered in the forum from March 2013, so it has been merged with the current COVID-19 Pandemic thread, which now commences at Post#14 at the end of this first page. The Coronavirus outbreak from 2013 gives a bit of historical background to the topic.

Corona Virus timeline - Here's the link for the thread.

"This new virus has been known of since September when its genetic code was sequenced. It was determined that a patient that had died in the UK under mysterious circumstances fell victim to a new virus, previously unknown to mankind. The victim was a Qatari man who had traveled to Saudi Arabia shortly before becoming ill. "

"World Health Organization has issued a global alert and scientists are preparing for the worst. "

"Or so it seemed. Since the virus came to light in September last year, the number of cases has risen to 15. More than half have died. "

" The 60-year-old man had been admitted to the hospital with severe viral pneumonia"

"We now had two cases occuring several months apart, of a virus in the same family as Sars, and both cases had bad pneumonias."

This virus seems to pose a severe threat. The symptoms are respiratory distress, fever, coughing and difficulty in breathing. It is a coronovirus, therefore it spreads through coughs, sneezes, and contact with the virus.

"His pneumonia worsened; his breath got shorter. His kidneys and other organs began to falter and fail. Despite all the drugs and dialysis, and mechanical ventilation to help him breathe, the man was dead 11 days after he arrived at the hospital.

It seems quite serious and the death rate in the 3rd quote is alarming.

Its potential for pandemic is as of yet unclear:
"There are no signs that the virus spreads easily from person to person. The HPA followed up 60-odd people, including doctors and nurses, who came into contact with the patient at St Thomas's Hospital. They traced more than 100 others who had contact with the British family. None tested positive for the virus.

So far, so reassuring. But the virus will mutate and may adapt to spread more easily, scientists warn. "That is what we are worried about," says Eric Snijder, head of molecular virology at Leiden University. "If that happened you might get a pandemic variant that spreads easily, and that would be a major problem."

The WHO is sure going to declare this a pandemic of biblical proportions to be able to deploy vaccines more effectively and easily. Big pharma is going to milk this with medicines and vaccines.

Will an equal number of people be as bold as they were when the pig flu came and say no? We'll see.

The big question is - Could it have been comet-borne?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read these articles with interest, as my husband is returning tomorrow from the Middle East. He said "everyone" over there had colds/flu, so I'll be loading up on Vitamin C, just in case.

[quote author=Domagoj]
The big question is - Could it have been comet-borne?
[/quote]

I'm more inclined to think it was the result of a more earthly nature, ie) military labs messing with the cold virus. Or just a mutation brought on by all the pollutants in the region (depleted uranium). Just guessing though.

I think is a combination of factors: people disintegrating as they are unable to face reality, mutated virus due to radioactive contamination (this is very well documented after the Chernobyl event), people's disintegrating health as they continue to get increasingly poisoned by modern foods, and comet-borne mixes that are revealing new and dangerous strains.

I think it is very clear, we are having increasingly dangerous infections that the face of the world didn't knew before.

I've been on an emergency room unit on a daily basis and I'm almost at my end. I see it as the zombie reanimation unit where people are patched up so they can continue with their zombie life. People are receiving some loud messages and to the extent they are unwilling to listen, their lives and environments are getting infected and going down hill. It is very discouraging. I had recommended the EE website and handed printouts of the diet or books to read, but in the end, it is really up to each one of them.

Psyche said:
I've been on an emergency room unit on a daily basis and I'm almost at my end.

You get to see a slice of life that very few of us do, or can even imagine. It's the front line of sorts for what may be just ahead. I would be grateful if you could keep us posted on what you come across in your daily routine. It could be a useful early warning in some cases.

With warm regards,
Sitting

Psyche said:
I think is a combination of factors: people disintegrating as they are unable to face reality, mutated virus due to radioactive contamination (this is very well documented after the Chernobyl event), people's disintegrating health as they continue to get increasingly poisoned by modern foods, and comet-borne mixes that are revealing new and dangerous strains.

I think it is very clear, we are having increasingly dangerous infections that the face of the world didn't knew before.

I've been on an emergency room unit on a daily basis and I'm almost at my end. I see it as the zombie reanimation unit where people are patched up so they can continue with their zombie life. People are receiving some loud messages and to the extent they are unwilling to listen, their lives and environments are getting infected and going down hill. It is very discouraging. I had recommended the EE website and handed printouts of the diet or books to read, but in the end, it is really up to each one of them.

This is a terrible situation. To see people sick and to know that there is a solution but they are unable to listen, to see, to understand... How come? How come people are so blind? Not just a little minority but a HUGE majority! I just know people here, in this group, that are conscious. Around me nobody is taking care of themselves nor listen nor wanted to change anything. So they are blind but me I am becoming mute. This is a strange situation, don't you think?

Fear, indifference, idiocy, that's where humans beings are now. I will read the article about this new strain. Thanks...

sitting said:
You get to see a slice of life that very few of us do, or can even imagine. It's the front line of sorts for what may be just ahead. I would be grateful if you could keep us posted on what you come across in your daily routine. It could be a useful early warning in some cases.

With warm regards,
Sitting

I have taken hundreds of notes of facts that pretty much represents a current biography from the medical point of view, "the inside scoop". I can't take notes in the ER, but some cases really stand out for their extremity, weirdness or symbolism. Next month I'll end the daily ER routine, an experience that pretty much everybody agrees is simply horrifying. I'm taking your suggestion to heart and will do some anonymous case report writing for what is worth.

I have often wondered myself, if this is how it is when the plague hasn't even begun in earnest, I can't imagine how it will be when it officially begins. The control system will indeed collapse. And I look forward to it! :halo:

Psyche said:
Next month I'll end the daily ER routine, an experience that pretty much everybody agrees is simply horrifying. I'm taking your suggestion to heart and will do some anonymous case report writing for what is worth.

I worked as a front desk clerk in an ER back in the early 80's. I'd be interested to read some of your cases to see how things have changed in the last 30 years. As for the patients I see for eye exams, I have pretty much given up with suggestions for improved health. It only wastes 'chair time'.

Of the 100's of people I've seen, just one has taken advice and actually did it. I recommended DMSO for inflammation after an injury. She drove an hour to see me, just to show me a print out from the internet, asking if that was the right stuff. I think the time to awaken people has passed. :cry:

Lilou said:
I think the time to awaken people has passed. :cry:

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not? I approach it from the common sense angle and I'm often surprised how people say that yeah, they heard about the paleo diet and how animal fats are the way to go, or how this specific prescription pill is not so helpful to say the least. It is sometimes frustrating to see why then they didn't do anything before if they knew. So I just deliver the final kick! These are all people I will never talk again with, so I don't know what is it what they will do.

I came across with a man once with a quadruple bypass surgery, new "conduits" for his obstructed heart arteries. We starting talking spontaneously about the paleo diet and he told me that he was living proof that the Mediterranean diet didn't work. He followed it faithfully for 10 consecutive years and by the 10th year, he had his heart attack, hence the heart surgery.

I think my frustration reached its limits after two consecutive weeks with a final 24 consecutive hours in the "critic" unit where not even ER humor works. If the old and veteran staff say they never seen anything like it like all the time and each time, then you know it is already pretty bad. I'm learning ever more complex ways a person can end his life or suffer until the very end.

Now I am on the "fast" ER unit again, where people usually reach the ER walking, so they can't be that broken...

And then, there are some cases that affects me more than others for their symbolism. How about a girl whose names translates in "courage", having a pretty overwhelming hysterical attack that she cannot control for 2 consecutive hours while 10' is all it "normally" lasts? I think I stood next to her for most of the 2 hours holding her hand while pondering about the fact that courage was having a fearful attack. She finally came back to her senses by stimulating her vagus nerve, that is, by forcing herself to throw up. We talked for awhile and I gave her the EE website link and an article on gluten "tremors" (ataxia). But I got that feeling of hopelessness when she walked away...

I often think that it is hopeless and that I say certain things or do certain things for self-calming purposes. Now I'm approaching it from the non-anticipation and "spontaneous conversation" point of view. I think it is the healthiest way to go for all parties involved. Most people on the ER are there for a quick fix and that's it. So in that sense, I'm the "zombie" doc and that's it.

Psyche said:
Lilou said:

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not? I approach it from the common sense angle and I'm often surprised how people say that yeah, they heard about the paleo diet and how animal fats are the way to go, or how this specific prescription pill is not so helpful to say the least. It is sometimes frustrating to see why then they didn't do anything before if they knew. So I just deliver the final kick! These are all people I will never talk again with, so I don't know what is it what they will do.

I came across with a man once with a quadruple bypass surgery, new "conduits" for his obstructed heart arteries. We starting talking spontaneously about the paleo diet and he told me that he was living proof that the Mediterranean diet didn't work. He followed it faithfully for 10 consecutive years and by the 10th year, he had his heart attack, hence the heart surgery.

I think my frustration reached its limits after two consecutive weeks with a final 24 consecutive hours in the "critic" unit where not even ER humor works. If the old and veteran staff say they never seen anything like it like all the time and each time, then you know it is already pretty bad. I'm learning ever more complex ways a person can end his life or suffer until the very end.

Now I am on the "fast" ER unit again, where people usually reach the ER walking, so they can't be that broken...

And then, there are some cases that affects me more than others for their symbolism. How about a girl whose names translates in "courage", having a pretty overwhelming hysterical attack that she cannot control for 2 consecutive hours while 10' is all it "normally" lasts? I think I stood next to her for most of the 2 hours holding her hand while pondering about the fact that courage was having a fearful attack. She finally came back to her senses by stimulating her vagus nerve, that is, by forcing herself to throw up. We talked for awhile and I gave her the EE website link and an article on gluten "tremors" (ataxia). But I got that feeling of hopelessness when she walked away...

I often think that it is hopeless and that I say certain things or do certain things for self-calming purposes. Now I'm approaching it from the non-anticipation and "spontaneous conversation" point of view. I think it is the healthiest way to go for all parties involved. Most people on the ER are there for a quick fix and that's it. So in that sense, I'm the "zombie" doc and that's it.

I would like to have you as a doctor, Psyche! So you never know what is your influence on others, maybe yes or maybe not, what is important is your attitude of opening doors to others. If people go that is their life and their choices. :)

Psyche said:
Lilou said:
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not?

You're right, there may still be some who are open to health advise. Not too long ago, I gave a small bottle of magnesium oil to an acquaintance, he was so impressed with the results on his hands and feet (neuropathy secondary to diabetes) that he offered me $100 for my 8 oz bottle. I didn't take his money, but instead directed him where to buy a 1/2 gallon from Swanson for $40. So here and there, we can still help with our suggestions.

This afternoon I was at the ice rink and spoke with my friend who coaches youth hockey. He just came back from a regional tournament in Connecticut. He was struck by the number of kids that had persistent coughs, bronchitis like. These boys (ages 14 to 16) are very fit, as they train year round. So their diseases resistance level ought to be high compared with the general population. He thought it was very odd.

Of course I know now that diseases resistance is much more than simply a function of physical fitness.

I was surfing through the diet and health section today and noticed this thread on coronavirus. Back in February of this year I was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. The doctors at first thought that I had bacterial pneumonia due to the fever that I was running and the congestion. This was only a few days after I had made my first post on the forum. This was a hard slap in the face after you decide that things are going to be different. I was changing my diet and moving in a good direction. I had read that after you awaken that the STS forces will hit you hard to put you back to sleep again. I didn't realize how hard I was smacked until I read this article. The blood test showed that I had coronavirus. It probably wasn't the strain that is mentioned here but I've had pneumonia before and recovering from this one is the hardest yet. I stayed out of work for two weeks and it was a month before I felt as though I was getting stronger. I work in the healthcare field and I'm exposed to patients with various illnesses on a daily basis. I was feeling fine one day and the next I was struggling to get my breath.
I thought that it sure was coincidence that I had just posted my first time to introduce myself and it's like someone didn't want me to meet all of you.

The doctors told me that I needed to quit smoking at all. I had quit before after I had a lung removed (lobe) due to a dime size tumor that was cancerous. A grade one non-small cell cancer. That was back in 2003 and nothing new has shown up. I went through chemo after the lobectomy which I would not have done knowing what I know now. The chemo was the worst part of it all. It weakened me after I had just started to get strong again. It caused neuropathy in my hands and feet, not to mention the brain fog for over a year after. It left my immune system the pits which is why I get pneumonia so easy now.

I try not to second guess my life and just take what the next day brings. I would just like to be a little more prepared and I realize that only I can change any thing for the better like my diet. With the support system that I see here on the forum I think that you could beat anything, even a big ole lizard. Thanks for hearing my rambling.

Yeah, it is outrageous that they will blame tobacco considering that...

Nicotine can boost blood vessel growth
Top US academics discover fresh tobacco leaves can fight cancer
Science is conclusive: Tobacco increases work capacity
Why 'World No Tobacco Day'? Smoking is good for memory and concentration
Tobacco used as medicine
Smoking Does Not Cause Lung Cancer
Dr. Gori on the passive smoking fraud
The devious plan of anti-smoking campaigns to control people and stop them from using their brain
Smoke, Lies and the Nanny State
Let's All Light Up!
5 Health Benefits of Smoking
Nicotine Lessens Symptoms Of Depression In Nonsmokers
Nicotine helps Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Patients
Brain Researchers: Smoking increases intelligence

See http://www.sott.net/article/277292-Is-sugar-toxic-60-minutes-investigates for hyperlinks of the titles quoted above.

Yet they hush up chemotherapy which... Well, you probably know better what it did for your body.

We are seeing increased risk of infections all over the world. The usual bugs are getting nastier than ever. Working on the health care field is an added exposure, hospitals are really the worst places.

Hope you are feeling better and that your immune system is recovering, every step is worth it :) :flowers:

This appears to be a serious emerging health issue in China - and globally. Whilst, initially, it was assumed that the coronavirus infection only spreads from animals to humans - there are reasons to believe that human-to-human infections are now taking place. Cases have already been reported in South Korea, Thailand and Japan.

What would be a defensive strategy against coronavirus 2019-nCoV?

SOTT already has an article on this topic from Guardian, however, the situation appears to be escalating quite rapidly. More information is becoming available on a daily basis.

New China virus: Number of cases jumps as infection spreads to Beijing

_110569806_9ac4763d-4c70-4d9e-aeb9-8b1358e0914c.jpg

The number of people infected with a new virus in China tripled over the weekend, with the outbreak spreading from Wuhan to other major cities.

Wuhan reported 136 new cases of the respiratory illness. The capital Beijing reported two cases, while Shenzhen confirmed one.

Total known infections now exceed 200, and three people have died.

The sharp uptick in cases comes as millions of Chinese prepare to travel for the Lunar New Year holidays.

Health officials have identified the infection, which first appeared in Wuhan in December, as being a strain of coronavirus. They say it has led to an outbreak of viral pneumonia, but much about it remains unknown.

Although the outbreak is believed to have originated from a market, officials and scientists are yet to determine exactly how it has been spreading.

South Korea reported its first confirmed case of the virus on Monday, following two in Thailand and one in Japan.

The outbreak has revived memories of the Sars virus - also a coronavirus - that killed 774 people in the early 2000s across dozens of countries, mostly in Asia. Analysis of the genetic code of the new virus shows it is more closely related to Sars than any other human coronavirus.

Experts in the UK told the BBC the number of people infected could still be far greater than official figures suggest, with estimates closer to 1,700.

What we know about the virus
  • 2019-nCoV, as it's been labelled, is understood to be a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been identified in humans
  • Coronaviruses are a broad family of viruses, but only six (the new one would make it seven) are known to infect people
  • Scientists believe an animal source is "the most likely primary source" but that some human-to-human transmission has occurred
  • Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
  • People are being advised to avoid "unprotected" contact with live animals, thoroughly cook meat and eggs, and avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
Source: World Health Organization

Who has been infected?
Authorities in Wuhan, a central Chinese city of 11 million that has been at the heart of the outbreak, on Monday said 136 new cases had been confirmed over the weekend, with a third person dying of the virus.

There had previously been only 62 confirmed cases in the city.

As of late Sunday, officials said 170 people in Wuhan were still being treated in hospital, including nine in critical condition.

_110571892_4a512577-cb87-438a-9b1f-a14db9c76d0b.jpg

Health officials in Beijing's Daxing district meanwhile said two people who had travelled to Wuhan were treated for pneumonia linked to the virus.

In Shenzhen, a major tech hub close to Hong Kong, officials said a 66-year-old man showed symptoms of the virus following a trip to visit relatives in Wuhan. Eight others in Shenzhen have been quarantined and are under observation to determine if they have the virus.

_110571893_china_virus_spread_640-nc.png

Four cases have been confirmed abroad - all of them involving people who are either from Wuhan or have visited the city.

In South Korea, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said a 35-year-old Chinese woman was suffering from a fever and respiratory problems after travelling there from Wuhan. She was put into isolation and treated at a local hospital.

The World Health Organization said it was currently not recommending restrictions on travel or trade, but was providing guidance to countries preparing for any outbreak.

Airports in Singapore, Hong Kong and the Japanese capital Tokyo have been screening air passengers from Wuhan, and US authorities last week announced similar measures at three major airports in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York.

What are the Chinese authorities saying?
How China is responding to the outbreak is under close scrutiny, given that it was widely criticised for initially covering up the Sars crisis in late 2002 and early 2003.

On Monday, Chinese President Xi Jinping for the first time publicly addressed the outbreak, saying that the virus must be "resolutely contained".

The foreign ministry, meanwhile, said China was providing "timely information about the disease" and would "work with all parties to deal with the virus".

State media has been urging citizens not to panic and on Sunday the National Health Commission said the virus was "still preventable and controllable" although close monitoring was needed.

It said there had been no cases of the virus spreading from one person to another, but that it had instead crossed the species barrier and come from infected animals at a seafood and wildlife market in Wuhan.

_110570629_hi059198115.jpg

However the WHO said it believed there had been "some limited human-to-human transmission occurring between close contacts".

"As more… cases are identified and more analysis undertaken, we will get a clearer picture of disease severity and transmission patterns," it wrote on Twitter.

It noted that the rise in cases in China was a result of "increased searching and testing for [the virus] among people sick with respiratory illness".

What impact could Lunar New Year have?
From Friday, most Chinese will begin their week-long Lunar New Year holidays.

It's a time when hundreds of millions travel around China to visit family, raising fears that authorities will not be able to adequately monitor further spread of the disease.

Wuhan is a transport hub and authorities there have for nearly a week been using temperature scanners at airports, and train and bus stations. Those showing signs of fever have been registered, given masks and taken to hospitals and clinics.

_110571887_37f161d9-155c-4a15-90ed-3ee3ff57714b.jpg

Authorities say they will now also be screening everyone leaving the city.

At Beijing's central railway station, some travellers donned masks but did not appear overly concerned about the virus.

"Watching the news, I do feel a little worried. But I haven't taken precautionary measures beyond wearing regular masks," Li Yang, a 28-year-old account manager travelling to the region of Inner Mongolia, told the AFP news agency.

But the tone in Chinese social media, where the outbreak has been a top trending topic, was different.

"Who knows how many people who have been to Wuhan may be unaware that they have already been infected?" one Weibo user said.

Back
Top Bottom