Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Re: Migun, Far Infared, and Negative Ion Therapy

I heard through my aunt about a massager involving far infrared and jade to increase the benefits of the far infrared rays, or so the info says. The bed is called Ceragem and you can check the website here: http://www.ceragem.com/ceragem_rh.asp

I found it interesting because my aunt received this massage involving far infrared and jade rollers and she said that her back pain was almost gone after one session. Needless to say, she was surprised. My aunt has a previous history of back injury, after she fell from a tree she was unmobilized for quite some time with a fracture in her spine. Since then she has always been pain.

Since the product is new, she has the right to receive all the massages she wants for free for the next 6 months, and she can also send all her patients if she wants (she is a doc) to have therapy for the next 6 months for free. If someone has info or experience about it, it will be interesting to hear it. Getting a hold of one must be expensive though, as for chiropractic use or so.

From the website:

CERAGEM Thermal Massager incorporates massage & CERAGEM PRESSURE while Radiant Far-Infrared Heat is optimized utilizing jade and Epoxy Carbon Panel.

It is the first and only machine that unblocks one's energy channels while relaxing the muscles around the spine by applying the principles of Finger Pressure, Massage, Moxibustion and Heat Therapy utilizing Radiant Far-Infrared Heat to improve blood circulation as the Internal Projector works its way along the spine.

Does anyone know long term side effects of the Migun Jade Massage bed?
I tried it and felt better but then realized this is radioactive energy.
I understand this is suppose to oxygenate the blood. BUT What are the long term effects?
Anyone with info.
Please share.
Thanks...

Okay I am convinced this is the next purchase I need to make

http://www.promolife.com/alternative-therapies/far-infrared-therapy/thermal-heating-bags-pads-beds/far-infrared-thermal-energy-heat-sauna-blanket/prod_964.html

This is it right.. this is the guy that gives the discount to Sott members?

Also Laura had mentioned in the very beginning of the thread about using infrared heat lamps on specific parts of her body. I think I would like to try this also on my throat. I have quite a bit of damage due to the GERD ..

What do you think? Would that be worthwhile? Or should I just stick with the sauna bag?

Kila said:
Also Laura had mentioned in the very beginning of the thread about using infrared heat lamps on specific parts of her body. I think I would like to try this also on my throat. I have quite a bit of damage due to the GERD ..

What do you think? Would that be worthwhile? Or should I just stick with the sauna bag?

In order to save your funds you may want to just start with the sauna bag as it has a whole body effect. Also if you're short enough you can have the blanket pulled up far enough to cover your neck.

My 2 cents.

Kila said:
Okay I am convinced this is the next purchase I need to make

http://www.promolife.com/alternative-therapies/far-infrared-therapy/thermal-heating-bags-pads-beds/far-infrared-thermal-energy-heat-sauna-blanket/prod_964.html

This is it right.. this is the guy that gives the discount to Sott members?

Hi Kila,

The website you quoted above seems to be a store in the USA whereas Laura mentioned this www.get-fitt.com which is a company based in the UK. The guy to call is Mark and his number was given as 44-208-4455412 in this podcast. :)

Hi Kila,

If you live in the US, promolife is a good one to get. If you live in the US and get one from the UK you will have to get an adapter because the plugs won't plug into US outlets and the shipping will probably be a bit expensive.

If you live in the UK or Europe, then the place that Vulcan59 refers you to is the way to go, or so I think. :)

FIR Sauna - Carbon Fiber vs. Ceramic Heaters

Now that I have some space, I am thinking about investing in a two-person FIR Sauna like this one. My friend has this model and loves it. The heaters are made of carbon fiber instead of the usual ceramic. I've done some reading and it seems carbon fiber is the newest technology and the heaters supposedly last longer than the ceramic, and are not as hot to the touch.

However, they are slightly more expensive than the saunas with ceramic heaters. Opinions seems to be split on which one actually emits the most FIR.

Any opinions here? :)

Re: FIR Sauna - Carbon Fiber vs. Ceramit Heaters

Mrs. Peel said:
Now that I have some space, I am thinking about investing in a two-person FIR Sauna like this one. My friend has this model and loves it. The heaters are made of carbon fiber instead of the usual ceramic. I've done some reading and it seems carbon fiber is the newest technology and the heaters supposedly last longer than the ceramic, and are not as hot to the touch.

However, they are slightly more expensive than the saunas with ceramic heaters. Opinions seems to be split on which one actually emits the most FIR.

Any opinions here? :)

Our is heated with ceramic and work perfectly. Have a look at it, here is the link http://www.prohealthsauna.com/u-comparisons.html.

here is a quote from their site.
Of the better saunas on the market, I don't know of
any sauna manufacturer that makes a bad sauna.
Saunas in general are pretty much the same. They
all use infrared heaters of different sizes, shapes,
and configurations, yet they all produce infrared rays
between 5 and 15 microns which are the most
beneficial for the body. Different manufacturers use
different configurations of heaters, some place them
on the back wall, some in the corners, some use
more heaters, some less, but all in all no matter
which sauna you use, YOU WILL SWEAT. Sauna
manufacturers place as many heaters as are needed
in each sauna depending on the size of the sauna.
Round ceramic heaters are most common and will
radiate infrared rays 360 degrees. Therefore, sauna
manufacturers put metal plates behind the heaters to
project the infrared rays into the sauna. They also
put a protective grill over the front of the heater for
safety reasons. Carbon Fibre is another type of
heater used. It works the same as ceramic as far as
the infrared emission, but they take a lot longer to
warm up and do not get as hot as ceramic. So if you
really like to sweat, ceramic would be better

Another thing that is important, is the wood that they use for the sauna. You can read all about it on the link I provided, and check for a good guaranty (our is guaranty for life) and service after sale.

Hope that help and have a good sweat. :lol:

Laurentien said:
So if you
really like to sweat, ceramic would be better[/b].

Another thing that is important, is the wood that they use for the sauna. You can read all about it on the link I provided, and check for a good guaranty (our is guaranty for life) and service after sale.

Thanks. I'd rather be able to stay in it longer, so the lower heat would actually be my preference. When I would stay in the blanket and sweat too long, I'd feel dizzy and lightheaded and weird afterwards, even throughout the next day. I was drinking a lot of water and taking supplemental minerals too.

The advantage of carbon fiber heaters is, that they are flat and flexible and have a larger surface area. Ceramic heaters have smaller surface area. If the surface is large, the temperature can be lower while having the same energy output. And lower temperature means that the emitted light has a longer wavelength. Longer wavelength of 6-14 micrometers is needed for deep penetration of the light into the human tissue. I remember reading that the FIR light enters several centimeters into the body.

Another point for carbon heaters is, that black bodies emit radiation more easily than white/reflective ones, again allowing for lower temperature and longer wavelength.

This site has a comparison between the two types.

Mrs. Peel said:
Laurentien said:

So you sell saunas then? Can I contact you privately about them and do you ship to the US?

Sorry I don't sale sauna, we bought it from Pro health, sorry if I wasn't clear. Like you I wondered which one was best ceramic or carbon before we bought our sauna and I choose ceramic because I thought that it will prove more efficient and liked the courteous way of pro health and trusted that it was a good product.

I'm sure that you can find the same product in the U.S., I just link you to this one site for the information it gave. This company is in Alberta Canada and ship free to all major Canadian center but I'm not sure if they ship free to the U.S. . I can guaranty you that their product is of good quality, it is easy to fit together and solidly build.

They explained to me that the casing is shared by many company but each one can choose the FIR heating that they want. So, the price variation is often determined by the quality of either the ceramic or carbon fiber heater and as well by the guaranty. Hight quality heater will give you a more stable flow of infra red closer to 9.4 microns which is best absorb by the tissue.

If you are looking for a sauna for health purposes,
then you should look for a sauna that has the best
heaters. Most sauna heaters produce infrared
between 5 and 15 microns and your body absorbs
and utilizes infrared the best at 9.4 microns. You will
sweat in every sauna, but the quality of infrared will
not be the same. Toxins will be released the best
when you are absorbing infrared right around the 9.4
micron range. But for general health the standard
heaters are fine.

But, as Data just posted there are others that will choose carbon for good reason. The point is buy it where you think that you will have the best after sale service. They both work to detoxify the same way.

Data said:
The advantage of carbon fiber heaters is, that they are flat and flexible and have a larger surface area. Ceramic heaters have smaller surface area. If the surface is large, the temperature can be lower while having the same energy output. And lower temperature means that the emitted light has a longer wavelength. Longer wavelength of 6-14 micrometers is needed for deep penetration of the light into the human tissue. I remember reading that the FIR light enters several centimeters into the body.

Another point for carbon heaters is, that black bodies emit radiation more easily than white/reflective ones, again allowing for lower temperature and longer wavelength.

This site has a comparison between the two types.

I read that it is up to 2 inches.

Hi Mrs. Peel,

I'm also agonizing over all the details of IR saunas at the present. The only thing I'd add to this discussion is to bear in mind that you often get what you pay for. The cheapest units are often made with inferior wood which may warp over time, may contain toxic glue (for obvious reasons, not the best thing to inhale if you're aiming to detox), may not have a safe electrical system, etc. Make sure the company stands by their product, preferably with a lifetime warranty and nationally recognized safety certification.

Good luck in your search!

Quinault said:
Hi Mrs. Peel,

I'm also agonizing over all the details of IR saunas at the present. The only thing I'd add to this discussion is to bear in mind that you often get what you pay for. The cheapest units are often made with inferior wood which may warp over time, may contain toxic glue (for obvious reasons, not the best thing to inhale if you're aiming to detox), may not have a safe electrical system, etc. Make sure the company stands by their product, preferably with a lifetime warranty and nationally recognized safety certification.

Good luck in your search!

Well, I get occasional e-mails from the promlife.com site where I bought my blanket and I checked their saunas out, and read this article:

http://www.promolife.com/sauna-comparison/info_19.html

which compares saunas and the types of heaters. There seems to be different types of carbon and ceramic, and the cheaper ones made in China supposedly emit a lot of EMF, and very little FIR.

From the article:

The Anatomy of a Far Infrared Heater
Or, why some emitters are more effective than others.

I am always asked the question: Which type of far infrared heat emitter is better, ceramic or carbon panel?

Some ceramic emitters are great and some are not so great and the same can be said about carbon panel heaters. There are three questions to ask yourself:

1. What is the material made of?
2. What is the wattage of each emitter?
3. What is the percentage of far infrared heat waves the heater emits?

Total far infrared output from a heater depends on how much of the heater is made from far infrared heat emission material. If it is 100% carbon or 100% ceramic, you have nearly 100% far infrared emission. If the wattage is low enough so the surface temperature of the heater is around 300 degrees or lower, then you have the other factor that makes a far infrared heater effective. These two factors will give you your percentage of far infrared emission and wavelength.

Carbon Panel Heaters
All Chinese-made far infrared saunas use carbon heater panels that are manufactured in China. Most far infrared saunas sold in the USA are Chinese and the vast majority use carbon panel heaters. They are made of a plastic sheet with a paint-thin coating of carbon. Yes, plastic, typically PET or Polyethylene terephthalate. Plastic acts as a reflector and disperses the heat. It is the plastic that is initially heated, eventually heating the carbon material.

The PET sheet has a thickness of approx. 1/8" and the carbon coating is normally 1 millimeter (0.04 ") thick. Another type of Carbon Panel heater has two sheets of PET plastic with a paper thin carbon cloth sandwiched between. One thing I know is that plastic DOES NOT emit far infrared heat., but carbon does. If the total mass of plastic is 80%-90% and the total mass of carbon is 10%-20%, then the total far infrared output is 10%-20%. If you want a plastic heater, buy a Chinese carbon panel far infrared sauna.

The only positive attribute about plastic carbon panel heaters is they are low wattage. But you just don't get much far infrared emission, which is not ideal if you want the benefits of a far infrared sauna. You want at least 75% or more total far infrared emission.

There are very high quality Carbon Panel heaters available that are made in Japan or South Korea – some these panels use a metal incoloy sheet with about ten ml of carbon. Incoloy is a high producing far infrared emission metal blend developed by NASA. Add ten times the thickness of carbon over China carbon panels without plastic and you will get 80% + far infrared emission.

Other high end panels use carbon sandwiched between two clear carbonized panels. You have over 90% + far infrared emission with this heater. If these are so good, then why don't companies use this carbon panel from Japan? Because they are too expensive.

Now let’s take ceramic heaters. There are many different types. All have a thin wire or metal rod to conduct the electricity which heats the ceramic - you will get some far infrared dilution depending on the amount of metal. Remember most metal does not emit far infrared.

Sand Filled Ceramic Rod
Sand filled ceramic rods have 94% + emission because the entire heat element is made of far infrared material (ceramic and sand). But the wattage is way too high resulting in a heater too hot and far infrared wavelength too short.

Ceramic Metal Rod Heaters
Ceramic metal rod heaters are metal rods with a coating of ceramic; depending on the amount of ceramic you can get 30%-60% far infrared emission. Again, the wattage is too high.

Solid Ceramic Rods
Solid ceramic rods are better because they emit over 95% + in far infrared form, but again wattage is too high.

Aluminum Plate with a Ceramic Coat
This emitter has a larger surface area than most, but because of this it cannot be made of solid ceramic or it will crack under its own weight, therefore a solid aluminum core is necessary. Since the majority of the emitter is aluminum, the far infrared emission is very low, about 15%.

Mica Sheet
Mica sheet emitters use solid mica rock as the heater and include a carbon cloth cover to help disperse and protect the emitter. Because the majority of this heater is made of far infrared emitting material, it has a very high far infrared output.

Flat Plate Solid Ceramic Concave
Flat plate solid ceramic concave emitters are solid ceramic and have 95% far infrared emission, a low wattage (163 watts) and low surface temperature which provides an ideal wavelength. It’s currently the only known far infrared emitter that meets the two criteria listed in the section above, making it an ideal far infrared emitter.

there is a brand comparison chart that does not copy and paste well, you can find it in the article.

If you have any questions or want to discuss far infrared, call us at 888-742-3404 or use the form on our contact page. If you want to see the far infrared saunas we carry, visit our Far Infrared Saunas page.

Promolife only sells far infrared saunas with emitters that emit 90% or more of their heat in far infrared form. We do not sell saunas made with plastic emitters. All of our saunas have a UL or ETL approval.

They recommend the TheraSauna and Saunagen brands. Hmmmm, the one I was considering from Ebay probably was one that emitted only 5-10% FIR. I guess you do get what you pay for! I'm now considering one from Promolife. Only problem is, if I got the two-person one (more room to sit comfortably) you need a 20 amp outlet and mine is only 15. :/

Laurentien said:
Sorry I don't sell sauna, we bought it from Pro health, sorry if I wasn't clear. Like you I wondered which one was best ceramic or carbon before we bought our sauna and I choose ceramic because I thought that it will prove more efficient and liked the courteous way of pro health and trusted that it was a good product.

Yeah, I was at work when I wrote that, I'd only scanned your post quickly while nobody was looking, and when I went back and read it again, I realized that and removed my post. I guess you caught it before I did!

Back
Top Bottom