Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Re: Migun, Far Infared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Laura said:
More update on the FAR infrared sauna. At this point, I can tell you that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am SO happy to have my energy and health restored to the point that it is that I want everyone to try it!
I went to the website, but I can't seem to find any pricing on the sauna products, and no way to order online. Am I missing something, or do I have to call them to get prices and do the actual ordering? They seem to have a shopping cart system for other minor products, so it's a bit weird...

Yes, you are supposed to call. Mark is a really nice guy and he likes to talk to his customers before selling them a high-end item. Kinda old-fashioned. That's what I liked. I'm not just a number to him, he wanted to know about my problems, why I wanted the sauna, so that he could suggest the right product.

I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease last year and it's been a long road of recovery and a battle with the medical establishment. But that's another post. I recently went to a day spa where they had a Far Infared sauna. I spent about an hour and followed it with a traditional sauna and hot tub. I haven't been this free of muscle and joint pain in over 2 years. I had what I would describe as a minor herxheimer reaction after the Far Infared treatment and the next day experienced increased energy, less fatigue (I actually woke up on my own in the morning...before noon), and much much less muscle/joint pain, and even better concentration. I'll be getting one of these as soon as I can afford it. I've tried many approaches to healing in my Lyme recovery and this is definitely in the top 10.

I spoke with Mark Givert two days ago and liked his pitch, so I ordered a sauna blanket - which arrived today.

Just finished my first hour in it, followed by a magnesium oil bath. Laura, I understand why you've 'stressed' these things :cool:

The blanket is easy to use and Mark provides thorough instructions. Although his price is higher than elsewhere, his FITT model has individual temperature controls for upper, middle and lower body. Investing in a quality product is worth the investment in the long-term, in Mark's opinion... and after our long chat, my opinion too!

He is offering a discount for SOTTers, so be sure to mention the C's ;)

Given how soon the sauna blanket arrived on my doorstep, I can certainly vouch for Mark's reliability. Follow-up service, relating to diet and feedback with progress, promises to be very helpful - he is a mine of health-related knowledge.

Found some excerpts from the book, “Detoxify or Die” by Sherry A. Rogers:

http://www.lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/rogers-saunas-vs-toxins-pt1.html

Part 1

“A sauna used to be thought of as a luxury. Studies now confirm that diet and environmental chemicals cause 95% of cancers. Furthermore, as the first generation of man exposed to such an unprecedented plethora of daily chemicals, we have learned that stored or undetoxified chemicals can mimic any disease. ‘ Incurable’ chronic diseases that were thought to have no known cause often disappear once toxic chemicals are gone. Since the far infrared sauna is the safest, most efficacious and economical way of depurating stored toxins, this makes it a household necessity.”

Sherry Rogers, M.D., Northeast Center for Environmental Medicine - internationally known expert in environmental medicine and author of; Detoxify or Die, and Tired or Toxic?
The Secret of Sweat

So here we are riddled with disease-producing toxins and piling on more each day. Inevitably the axe will fall. But what if we could get rid of these toxins? What if we could have a body that only had the toxins we had accumulated up until 20 years ago, or better yet at age 16? What if we could get rid of our lifetime burden of toxins or even just turn the hands of time back a couple of decades?

I have followed hundreds of patients who used the oral, non-prescription mercury detox cocktail to get rid of mercury aluminum, cadmium, arsenic, and other heavy metals. For folks who have tougher cases we can use DMPS which is available by prescription as Chemet, or the infinitely cheaper and non-prescription and identical substance, Captomer (Thorne, N.E.E.D.S.). And for folks with high levels of calcifications in their arteries EDTA is an intravenous chelator, but requires sitting hooked up to an intravenous solution in a doctor's office for four hours three times a week for 20 to 40 sessions, costing thousands of dollars. Then you need a maintenance program. A safer proven way to reverse coronary calcifications is with the macrobiotic diet (Ornish, 1998). PET scans proved that the calcifications melted away. For the full directions on doing the health-promoting diet, start with You Are What You Ate, then proceed to The Cure Is In The Kitchen, and use Macro Mellow for the cookbook).

But what about the cancer-causing PCBs and the multitude of plastics and pesticides with all sorts of chemical configurations that the body has no way of metabolizing? What about all of the newly synthesized dangerous chemicals that firemen, for example, are exposed to when these plastics and pesticides burn, creating new compounds that have never before been seen by man? None of these chemicals are removed by chelation or any drug.

In the 1970s a controversial gentleman named L. Ron Hubbard designed a sauna program that enabled drug addicts to detoxify. He reasoned that folks were never addicted until they had taken drugs. And the more they took, the more they craved. He thought if he could get the drugs out of the body (the unmetabolized residues), the addict would no longer crave. He published his brilliantly successful program in his book Clear Body Clear Mind in 1990. Shortly after the results of the program were known, physicians from many specialties realized that this program might also be adapted for getting rid of all sorts of other types of chemicals, thereby restoring health in an endless variety of diseases (Kilburn, Schnare, Roehm, Rea, Root, Tretjak, Tei).

Sauna Proven in the Toughest, Most Resistant Cases

I always say, if you want to prove that a new medical therapy works, pick the most recalcitrant, impossible to treat conditions. For if it is a success on those cases, everything else is bound to be a "piece of cake". And that is exactly what folks have done with the sauna. By getting rid of years of drug residues in addicts, Hubbard freed them from their cravings and addictions, impressively lowering recidivism. Drugs are metabolic poisons, damaging the normal function of the body. Only when years of drug residues have been reduced are folks freed from the plague caused by the slow leeching out of sub-therapeutic doses of stored drugs and toxins. For these trace amounts unmercifully trigger cravings, reminding them that they need a higher dose to block out all feeling. For addicts it is imperative to get rid of all drug residues in order to cure their cravings and addictive behavior. This includes alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription drugs.

In addition, the accompanying nutritional program has corrected long-standing deficiencies that also trigger addictive behavior, fatigue and a myriad of symptoms. For when it comes right down to it, chronic drug addiction has two causes: nutrient deficiencies which cause cravings and stockpiled unmetabolized drug residues that slowly leach out and cause cravings. That's why drug pushers give so many freebies, because once you get it in your system, it is difficult to resist wanting more, depending upon each individual's chemistry. The trick is to be smart enough to never take the first dose.

But proof only began there. One of the worst occupations for bizarre chemically-induced or toxic symptoms is that of a fireman. This is because when modern home and commercial furnishings and construction materials burn, they release even more damaging chemicals whose carcinogenic potential has become magnified. Not only does burning of a multitude of phthalates and other plasticizers, PCBs, dioxins and related compounds create chemicals that are many fold more toxic, but when they are inhaled in massive amounts by fireman, it gives them as high a level as if they had had it by IV.

These chemical concoctions have caused the most difficult to diagnose and treat disorders, especially of the brain and the nervous system. But researchers using Hubbard's protocol (Kilburn) were able to accomplish what medicine was paralyzed in accomplishing. They restored these toxic firemen to normal once they got rid of their tightly stored chemicals. A sauna program is still the only known way of getting rid of these 20th century man-made chemicals.

Using Hubbard's protocol, other researchers (Schnare, Roehm) cleared people of PCBs and pesticides as well as Agent Orange (dioxins). These were folks who had undiagnosable and unbeatable symptoms, totally resistant to all therapies that medicine could offer. But the Master Planner, left one route for us to unload a lifetime of damaging, disease-producing chemicals: SWEAT.

Other clinicians reaffirmed the benefits of detoxifying saunas when, as a result of accidents involving pilots who did aerial spraying of pesticides, these men were also cleared of life-threatening symptoms. Likewise residents of Michigan gave us a huge amount of scientific information when a PCB-laden cancer-causing fire retardant was accidentally put into animal feed, contaminating their entire dairy industry, milk and cheese, statewide, forever (Wolff).

Clearly we have trashed our bodies.
Luckily, you have the power to reverse that.

Studies six years later, showed that Michigan residents and folks from over 25 other states who also got the PCBs hidden in their dairy products, just did not get rid of those nasty PCBs. The body does not have the chemistry to do so. Even in the soil these chemicals are what we call persistent environmental poisons. But those who did saunas were able to eliminate the PCBs as well as other stored toxins from their bodies. The truth is we have all eaten foods from Michigan and have slowly bioaccumulated these and hundreds of other similar toxins that are known as some of the most powerful inducers of cancer in existence. Remember, EPA studies show 100% of humans harbor PCBs, one of the most potent causes of cancer known to man.

But the proof for the magic of sauna detoxification does not end with drug addicts, fire fighters, Vietnam vets, pesticide pilots, or consumers of polluted dairy. Other researchers and clinicians studied workers accidentally contaminated from occupations as diverse as electricians to farmers. Meanwhile, machinists to office workers also had their lives saved, as serious conditions that medicine was powerless to help were reversed through the use of sauna.

Then there are my hundreds of patients with severe chemical sensitivity, saddled with just about any symptom you can think of, who have traveled the world in search of how to get well. When exposed to simple everyday perfumes, fabric softeners, carpets, pesticides, malls or traffic fumes, they were left unable to think or in total body pain, as examples of hundreds of symptoms. Some were referred to the specialized environmental units like the Environmental Health Center of Dallas, (Dr. William J. Rea, www.EHCD.com) or to North Charleston, South Carolina (Dr. Allan Lieberman) and then returned home to continue saunas for life.

Dr. William Rea, medical director of the Environmental Health Center, Dallas, receives the most difficult to treat cases in the world, cases for which there is no more hope and many of whom are physicians themselves. By now you are getting the idea that whenever you hear a disease is "hopeless", it merely means no one has looked for the underlying cause, nor have they been committed to getting rid of it. For this is why Dr. Rea's program has been so successful, because he does just that. And sauna is an integral part of it.

Alcoholism is a biochemical disease, not a lack of will power.
And curing it requires (1) correcting fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and orphan nutrients, plus (2) removing toxic residues of drugs, alcohol, and other chemicals that damage normal function of brain chemistry responsible for pleasure sensation.

In fact Dr. William J. Rea, medical director of the American Environmental Health Center in Dallas Texas, has treated literally thousands of patients with nearly every diagnosis, incorporating this technique into an all-encompassing environmental medicine program. Because these patients come from all corners of the world, are desperately ill and have all exhausted everything that modern medicine has to offer, getting rid of their underlying chemicals is crucial to their healing. In fact when physicians knowledgeable in finding the causes of disease are totally stumped and do not know what else to do for seriously ill patients, they often send folks (and themselves) to this unique center.

These people are so full of chemicals and their detoxication pathways are so damaged, that often they will need one or more months of detoxication saunas at the unit to be followed by months and years of saunas at home.

In one study by Dr. Rea, 210 patients with a variety of symptoms did only one or two 40-minute sessions a day for one month (Rea). Even a program this short with people for whom medicine had nothing more to offer yielded impressive results. Within one month 63% measurably decreased their levels of toxic chemicals and 31% improved their symptoms. Clearly, sauna is the only proven method for depurating a lifetime burden of xenobiotics producing "incurable" symptoms.

As lifesaving as sauna programs are however, there was a problem with saunas. Not everyone could tolerate them. In fact I was one who could not even spend five minutes in a sauna. For starters, as you have learned, the nervous system is one of the most commonly damaged areas of the body. Many of us just plain had broken, poisoned, thermostats and could not tolerate high heat.

I sprayed herbicides (atrazine) on our farm and my autonomic nervous system became damaged. For decades, whenever I got overheated, I would never sweat, but just remained bone dry and beet red. If I tried to go in a sauna I couldn't stand it even five minutes, feeling like I would go crazy. Many people experience this because of a damaged autonomic nervous system, especially those with multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic fatigue, MS, and fibromyalgia.

And then there are heart patients who are notoriously intolerant of heat. The newspapers predictably report on the numbers of heart patients who die whenever there is a heat wave. Consequently, heart patients and especially those in congestive heart failure would be the last people on earth you would want to put in a sauna. So what do you do when the worse the poisoning, the less chance you have of tolerating a regular high heat sauna?

The Superior Sauna —FIRS (Far Infrared Sauna)

What is the best way to get rid of toxic chemicals including pesticides, heavy metals and hydrocarbon residues when you cannot tolerate a sauna? When a sauna makes you feel weak, sick, have a fast heart rate, faint, dizzy, panicky, headachy or just plain miserable, what is the solution? The far infrared sauna. Thanks to improved technology, the far infrared sauna is far safer and infinitely more tolerable, because it uses a heat energy that penetrates tissues, triggering mobilization of chemicals from subcutaneous fat storage, directly into the sweat. This activating penetration allows for a much lower overall temperature to be used (as I'll show you later), one that is enjoyable and not torture.

But more important, you haven't forced the body to bear very high temperatures (160 degrees and higher), pulling chemicals back into the bloodstream where they can duplicate original symptoms. Instead they slip out the back door, so to speak, from just under the skin storage directly into the sweat. Over weeks and months there is an equilibration, where chemicals that were stored in other organs slowly and safely disseminate throughout the body and eventually empty into subcutaneous fat. It is the chemical load that is stored beneath the skin that is the main area activated by the far infrared sauna.

Even if you are on your deathbed, it is not too late to turn the tide of disease.
Many others have (Nussbaum, Rogers).

Another thing I always worried about in a conventional sauna, even for the few brief moments I could stand one, was the fact that my eyeballs burned so much. I couldn't believe that intensive heat on my corneas was good for them and feared triggering cataracts. To my knowledge, no studies have ever been done on this, but this high temperature on the eyeball and lens cannot be good for them. It's unphysiologic. Anyway, I do not get that type of eye pain in the infrared sauna, only profuse sweating. And that is just the effect you want in order to release a lifetime of toxins from body storage.

The body gets rid of stored chemicals in stool, urine or sweat. The sweat route requires no drugs and is the most efficient and natural (man used to physically work and sweat before computers were invented). As the oldest of eight children, I used to hesitate to recommend something as expensive as a home sauna. I was looking for treatments that were natural, but inexpensive and definitely not high tech! But when you realize the lifelong incapacity and expense of diseases such as chronic pain syndromes, heart disease, chemical sensitivity, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, migraines, Alzheimer's, cancer or any others caused by chemical toxicity, a sauna is cheap. Let's face it: high-tech pollution requires high-tech solutions.

If you're overwhelmed by medical bills with no end in sight,
it's time to consider reversing the hidden causes of your diseases.

(1) Just add up the time and money you wasted getting diagnosed. (2) Or add up the cost for a year of prescription medications and you will have paid for it. But its advantages do not end there. (3) Once you have it, it's yours to use forever, for the world will never run out of ways to poison us. (4) The whole family can use it. (5) It is not only capable of providing the primary "cure" or solution for your current medical problem, but can free you from symptom-producing medications. Since we are continually being bombarded by new chemicals every day, it is a tool to keep you "cleaned out" for life. It is a win-win situation.

I'm convinced that the far infrared sauna is something that everyone should do to restore health, and then continue to do on a less frequent basis to maintain the "cleaned out" state for the rest of their lives. It's therapeutic as well as prophylactic.

The Hot Solution for Body Pollution: FIRS

How can we bring aging and illness to a screeching halt? Better yet, how can we turn back the hands of time? By booting those nasty disease-causing chemicals out of the body. Sweat out the poisons is the answer, but not any old sauna or sweating program will do, in fact some are dangerous.

FIRS, the Only Sauna Proven Safe For Elderly, Severe End-Stage Heart Patients

Many people who are sick, like heart patients, would never tolerate the extreme temperatures of regular saunas. In fact it would make them worse, raising blood pressure and heart rate, while triggering arrhythmias and shortness of breath. Clearly heat is contraindicated. Imagine a man with cadmium-induced arthritis and hypertension, or a woman with mercury-induced shoulder pain and angina, or toluene- p induced migraines and arrhythmia. When, environmental chemicals create pain in addition to cardiovascular disease, as examples, what is the heart patient to do?

If you are like most people, you may have never learned much about the diagnosis of CHF or congestive heart failure. Yet it attacks more people each year than cancer, and it is as lethal as cancer. For with the diagnosis of cancer, the median survival (different cancers have their own survival rates, but if you average them all together) is 6 years. With CHF, the median survival is less: 5 years. When the diagnosis of cancer is made, folks feel imminent doom and urgency. But with CHF, it has received such scant press that it merely engenders a "So what?" response. It fosters no doom and gloom urgency.

In fact, even though congestive heart failure is more prevalent and more lethal than cancer, folks know so little about CHF that they do not concern themselves with preventing it the way they do cancer. CHF starts with any heart symptom you can imagine. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, angina, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, dyspnea (shortness of breath, beginning with the stairs and inclines), claudication (leg pains when walking), pedal edema (ankle swelling), pericarditis, cardio-myopathy (heavy metal or other poisoning of heart muscle), fluid in the lungs, recurrent pneumonias, bypass surgery (putting new coronary vessels in) or endarterectomy (roto-rooting or reaming out the old plugged arteries) can be the beginning that insidiously leads to congestive heart failure. The most common symptom is shortness of breath, especially on stairs, inclines, or while doing repeated deep knee bends, or jogging. An even worse sign is the swelling of ankles at the end of the day, indicating a heart so overloaded that fluid backs-up all the way to the leg vessels.

Unless you get rid of stored trash, it eventually causes disease and death.
You have complete control. Is that heart disease really cadmium toxicity in disguise?

As with every illness, in "modern medicine" CHF suddenly becomes a deficiency of a multitude of heart drugs. Drugs to control the rhythm, like calcium channel blockers (proven to cause shrinkage of the brain and loss of mental function as well as increase the risk of heart attack and cancer). And ACE inhibitors are often prescribed, known to cause bronchitis (chronic cough). Digitalis-type drugs like Lanoxin to boost the force of contraction, and diuretics or fluid pills to decrease the swelling and work of the heart (and known to cause worsening of high blood pressure and the chance of sudden death by heart attack) are some of the other drugs added to the brew. And the list does not stop there, for the CHF patient has more drugs on board than most other diseases. Meanwhile the real underlying causes, which can be totally correctable, go consistently ignored by medicine. And once a congestive heart failure victim starts accumulating drugs, it is extremely rare if any drugs are withdrawn. Instead his physicians steadily pile on more to keep pace with his worsening symptoms.

Part 2

http://www.lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/rogers-saunas-vs-toxins-pt2.html

The Heart as Allergic Target Organ

The number of drugs should tell you that medicine doesn't have a clue as to what the true underlying cause is for CHF. But you know. It is anything that can poison the heart; mercury from dental amalgams, fish and paints; cadmium from auto exhaust, cigarette smoke (including secondhand from others), shellfish, incinerator pollution, and industrial pollution in air, food and water. You cannot escape heavy metals or other environmental pollutants. Yet even though these toxic elements have been a recognized cause of high blood pressure and heart failure for decades, they remain ignored by medicine.

What else can silently poison hearts? You guessed it, herbicides and pesticides, which are also hidden in our air, food and water. No one is protected, while not one toxin is suspected. And the causes of heart disease do not end there. They include hydrocarbons and other environmental pollutants or toxins, from trichloroethylene in city water supplies, solvent extraction fluids used to decaffeinate coffee, toluene in painted rooms, formaldehyde in carpets, and benzene in air fresheners, to good old diesel and other common pollutants in vehicle exhaust (EPA, Bond, Theriault, Levine, Atkins, Kesteloot, Alexander, Goldsmith, Myerson, Asokan, Williams, Mee, McLeod, Wiseman, Wright, Speizer, Antti-Poika, Edling, Kobayaski, Ludomirsky, Sharp, Schroeder).

You might be tempted to fall for the story that there is no way to get all these poisons out of the heart, but you are much too smart for that by now. The far infrared sauna (FIRS) has been proven by specialists at the famed Mayo Clinic to improve heart failure, even when nothing more could be done by medicine. And in Japan, clinicians and researchers have confirmed its life-saving properties when nothing else could be done (Tei, Kihara, Imamura).

But not any old sauna was effective, for example, the regular or dry Finnish saunas actually triggered worsening of arrhythmias, increased hypertension and shortness of breath (even at rest), and most heart patients could not tolerate them. In fact, some of these heart failure patients could not even tolerate a hot bath or a hot day out of doors without drawing closer to death.

As an example of how little an increase in ambient temperature heart patients can tolerate, a July 7, 2000 Wall Street Journal front-page article reported that in Europe as temperatures reached 113 F. from a high-pressure system trapping drifting Sahara air masses, 25 people died. Later that month on July 14th, CNN reported multiple deaths for heart patients as temperatures in Texas lingered between 105 and 110 F. Clearly a regular sauna of over 140°F would be out of the question for the heart patient.
When the heart is broken, you need to identify and correct nutrient deficiencies,
then safely get rid of the toxins that poisoned the heart muscle and its nerves.

But hang onto your hats, for the far infrared sauna (FIRS) was not only very well tolerated with no adverse reactions, but it got rid of so many of the underlying chemical triggers of CHF, that these end-stage heart patients actually reversed and improved and were able to discard some of their medications (Tei, Kihar, Imamura)! This is unheard of. With CHF, the rule in medicine is you increasingly pile on medications as you deteriorate. You rarely drop any, for there is no hope of cure. It is a one-way street — at least it is if you do not do a FIRS. Currently they are evaluating cutting out a part of the damaged heart muscle (ablation) as temporary improvement for heart failure! As usual, when drugs fail, medicine resorts to cutting it out and throwing it away. They figured they do it with cancers, colitis and other problems, so why not the heart?

How is the Far Infrared Sauna Different?

Let's look at the energy that comes from the sun. It is responsible for photosynthesis, the process by which plants make energy to grow. In essence, solar energy is responsible for all of life (since animals must have plants to eat or there are no animals).

The spectrum of energy from the sun is classified according to the length of the waves. The shortest (and most damaging) rays of the solar spectrum are gamma rays. Think of a gamma gun in a sci-fi movie that vaporizes assailants in an instant. The next longer rays of the sun are x-rays (carcinogenic), then ultraviolet (causes sunburn, corneal and lens damage and skin cancer), and then visible light. After that is the infrared spectrum, then radio waves.

At the far end of the infrared spectrum are the longest and most healing rays, the far infrared (FIR) spectrum, spanning from 1,000 to 4 microns. Between 4-14 microns in the FIR (far infrared) spectrum, fall most of the rays that are the safest and most vital to health and healing. They are responsible for photosynthesis, without which there would be no life on each.

Even our bodies radiate infrared energy through our skin between 3-50 microns, mostly around 9.4 microns. This is the basis for infrared glasses allowing Special Forces to see the enemy at night. Palm healing and other hands-on therapies are based on the healing properties of natural far infrared rays, with our palms emitting infrared energy at between 8-14 microns. Our bodies absorb 93% of the infrared waves presented to us, the basis for similar heaters being used to warm premature infants in nurseries. The FIRS uses a patented zirconium ceramic infrared heater, emitting between 2 and 25 microns, with a third of the output in the 2-5.6 micron range for deepest penetration, about 1.5 inches. Patented in 1965, it was used predominantly in Japan, and then use extended to the U.S. since 1981. Safer, more economical to operate, lower in EMF, and inducing 2-3 times the sweat volume, while allowing a much more tolerable and safer operating temperature, makes it my preferred tool for purifying and detoxifying the body. Naturally nothing stands alone, and a clean diet, environment and soul are, of course, crucial components to healing the impossible. I'll take you through more of the "TOTAL LOAD" later.

Far infrared rays are the healing, safe rays of the sun's
spectrum, responsible for photosynthesis. Without this wavelength, plants would be unable to make energy,
and consequently, there would be no life on earth.

Far infrared wavelengths have other beneficial properties. They lower lactic acid (the acid that accumulates and causes pain in muscles when you have overdone during exercising), stimulate endorphins or happy hormones of the brain, and kill organisms like bacteria and parasites. More important, they penetrate tissues, detoxify cells by vibrating ionic bonds, stop swelling, improve lymphatic flow and blood circulation, and attract calcium to cell membranes where it is needed for healing.

Far infrared wavelengths also decrease the size of water clusters, giving them greater mobility and penetration in and out of body tissues. For it is when these hyperactive or energized water molecules move in and out of cells that they also carry toxins that previously were stuck. FIR energy actually causes a resonance dance between the water and chemical molecules to mobilize and unite them.

The lungs, urine, stool, and sweat are the main vehicles the body has for getting rid of nasty chemicals. But by far sweat is the most efficacious. And Mayo Clinic studies show that FIR is the safest way to induce healing sweat, using the most heat-sensitive cardiac patients as proof (Tei).

In studies published in Circulation and the Journal of Cardiology, both respected cardiology journals, physicians at the famed Mayo Clinic used the worst classification of congestive heart failure patients to demonstrate the safety and therapeutic value of the far infrared sauna. The New York Heart Association (NYHA) classifies the most debilitated heart patients with the highest numbers, III and IV. The study used patients who were end-stage heart patients who were maximally medicated and unable to walk across the room without shortness of breath, and unable to tolerate warm baths, much less tolerate a sauna. There were no further therapeutic options available. They had reached the end of their ropes.

But not only did these serious end-stage heart patients all tolerate the FIR sauna, but they had no side effects from it. Furthermore, in getting rid of chemicals that were the underlying causes of their diseases, they improved their heart function, something that the latest in surgery or drugs was powerless to do for them. The FIR sauna literally saved their lives.

During the sauna, no patients had dyspnea (shortness of breath), angina (chest pain) or arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), nor complained of excess heat. There were no side effects, something that never happens with drugs and surgery. Diastolic blood pressure (the low number) decreased but systolic pressure (the top number) was unchanged. This means they did not get hypertensive, and in fact the work of the heart was lessened. Furthermore the stroke volume and ejection fraction increased, meaning the heart beat more efficiently with less effort.

Contrast this with warm baths that caused an increase in systemic blood pressure and pulmonary vascular resistance. Warm baths, by raising blood pressure cause more work for an already failing heart. And in a regular sauna, the arrhythmias increased 20%, whereas in the FIR sauna, arrhythmias decreased or disappeared entirely. Other cardiovascular improvements unique to the FIR sauna that would impress cardiologists include decreased pulmonary arterial and capillary wedge pressure as well as right atrial pressure, and in some cases disappearance of mitral regurgitation. The ECHO (echocardiogram) showed smaller left ventricular and left atrial dimensions, and epinephrine levels did not change, but norepinephrine increased. And FIR actually increased the core and intrapulmonary arterial temperature to 38.2 +/- 0.4 C (normal body temperature is 37 degrees Centigrade).

Fifty percent of heart attack victims do not have high cholesterol.
They need to get irons fatty acids and toxins out of the heart.

Because the far infrared sauna has so many physiologic benefits that improved cellular detoxification (without making the rest of the body toxic or sick in the process), no side effects were observed with the FIR sauna, even at 60 C. (140 F.). Meanwhile, recall warm baths adversely increased cardiac work for heart patients, as did regular high heat saunas which triggered arrhythmias in over 20% of patients at 90 C. (194 F.). In fact, even mere high outdoor ambient temperature can kill the heart patient. In contrast, with the FIR sauna, arrhythmias disappeared, even when these folks were exposed to the high end of heat that the FIR sauna can reach. But the FIRS can generate a total sweat at 120 F. and less, providing the opportunity for even longer and more tolerable therapeutic time in the sauna.

In regular high heat saunas, plasma norepinephrine (related to adrenaline) increased 100-160% accompanied by subjective discomfort and intolerance. Adrenaline can, of course, trigger arrhythmias or a heart attack. In contrast, FIR sauna was extremely well tolerated and did the impossible. It improved the cardiac status of folks who were at the end of their therapeutic ropes. Even though medicine had nothing more to offer, congestive heart failure was reversed by the far infrared sauna.

Part 3

http://www.lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/rogers-saunas-vs-toxins-pt3.html

FIRS Cures the Most Mysterious Cases

The bottom line is that folks with the most severe forms of heart disease and resistant to all medications, tolerated the FIRS with no side effects. Most importantly, it improved their heart health in this Mayo Clinic study within 3 short weeks. Of course, it is recommended to continue longer, say a year of daily or every other day saunas for an hour or less to more completely lower stored chemicals that cause disease. Then it is necessary to do them at least once a week for life, since the world will never run out of ways to poison us.

It should not surprise you by now that mysterious joint pain in war veterans exposed to Agent Orange also disappeared, as did a host of other pain syndromes. Schnare of the U.S. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) also showed that not only did sauna reduce body levels of HCB (hexachlorobenzene) and PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) in electrical workers, for example, but it did this even though the men were continually exposed at work.

This is important because it means that if your livelihood depends on an occupation with continual exposures, you still have a chance of being able to tolerate it more safely, as long as you are reducing the chemicals faster than you are tanking up on them. And let's face it. Most occupations have their specific toxins. Also this could allow tolerance of poorly tolerated implanted items that we would like to keep, like root canals and artificial joints.

Schnare also reviewed different types of workers, drug users, victims of accidental ingestions, and those poisoned by a variety of environmental chemicals; all recovered with sauna detoxification. Meanwhile, scientists from the Tokyo Medical and Dental University and others explained in further studies, once more how the FIR is superior to just plain old heat of regular saunas. There is no lack of data on this subject that has remained a secret cure for decades.

There are a few places that sell the far infrared sauna, but the only one I know of that makes them of poplar wood for chemically sensitive folks is High Tech Health of Boulder, Colorado (1-800-794-5355). You see, the terpenes of cedar smell great, but saunas were originally made from cedar because it was native to Sweden. And because Swedes often had their saunas outside as a separate building, they wanted them bug-proof and mold-proof, a necessity when perpetually creating steam by pouring water on the hot rocks. But for an in-home unit that has no steam coupled with the need to avoid terpenes, poplar is ideal. Furthermore, there are lower electromagnetic fields (EMF) generated in a FIR sauna than in a conventional electrically heated one. This is important because it reduces the chance of becoming EMF sensitive.

In addition, some saunas are a combination of far infrared along with regular sauna heaters. This is self-defeating for heart patients. They need just the far infrared, for they cannot tolerate any extra heat. Likewise for highly poisoned people, they do not need auxiliary heat forcing chemicals out of storage into the bloodstream to duplicate symptoms. They just need the far infrared technology to pull chemicals out of subcutaneous fat storage directly into the sweat. Furthermore, being the oldest of eight children from a poor family, I'm much like a mother hen. I needed a supplier with whom I could trust my precious patients and readers.

Do not let a lack of diagnostic label or "mysterious" illness keep you from getting the toxins out. That's when you need to do this the most. Do not wait too long, for the longer you do, the more you damage other parts of chemistry.

Sweating is a God-given mechanism, but it must be done properly and safely to be successful. The far infrared sauna is something that you will use for a lifetime. It is a major tool not only in your detox program, but also in your anti-aging program. Because it is a major expense, you might want to figure a way to put it in a garage, basement, game room, patio, lanai or porch to share it with neighbors, or have your church, physician, chiropractor, or organization buy one, for example. There are smaller units that could fit into a corner of a room. These units plug into a standard electric outlet.

At the end of this chapter you'll find a letter for your insurance company, for they could save untold dollars by covering the cost of a far infrared sauna that not only treats the whole family, but treats the family forever. And it can do what no medication can do, reverse disease. Clearly the evidence bears out the facts: FIRS will save untold lives and dollars.
Solar waves or energy

Gamma, shortest rays, most destructive to life

X-rays = penetrate tissues, carcinogenic,

Ultraviolet = sunburn, corneal and lens damage

Visual wavelength

Infrared: contains at the lowest end of spectrum, far infrared (FIR); Far infrared = lowest = 1000-5.6 microns; the rays most vital to healing are 4-14 microns, also are the majority of sun energy or photons (safest and most beneficial) responsible for photosynthesis; lowers lactic acid, stimulates brain, kills organisms, penetrates tissues, stops swelling, improves lymphatic flow, attracts calcium to cell membranes; detoxifies by vibrating ionic bonds and reducing the size of water clusters; by creating a resonance dance between water and chemical molecules, it facilitates water in moving stored toxins out of the cell and into sweat.

Short wave radio waves

Broadcast radio wavelength

Far infrared (or FIR) saunas vs. dry

72 F. room temp

98.6 F. body temp

100.4 F. FIR body core temp at 140 F.

105.8 F. Jacuzzi

100-150 F. FIR sauna

160-220 F. dry & Finnish saunas

212 F. boiling water!

Centigrade-Fahrenheit Conversion Chart

Degrees Centigrade = 5/9 (Fahrenheit - 32)
Degrees Fahrenheit = 9/5 (Centigrade + 32)

Centigrade

Fahrenheit

Where is Your Focus?

No matter what disease you look at, from the most seemingly innocent to the nastiest symptoms, environmental chemicals are at the base. Look at endometriosis. It is not a killer, you rarely hear about it, but it has a devastating effect on millions of women in the United States. It affects 15% of women in the reproductive age range and is increasing each year. It leads to extensive and expensive problems with infertility as well as loss of much productive work time, not to mention loss of personal time because of severe pain and/or abnormal bleeding.

Even worse, endometriosis often cripples women to the point of forcing them to have a hysterectomy in their early 20s, before they have had a chance to marry and have a family. Or they are put on drugs like Lupron, which is analogous to a chemical castration and may contribute to irreversible infertility, chemical sensitivity, or cancer later on.

Did you know that dioxins are one of many causes of endometriosis? Totally unavoidable in the 21st century lifestyle and diet, dioxins are even in everything from our foods and toilet paper to coffee filters, diapers, tampons, and much more (Birnbaum). Since they are persistent environmental poisons, they never leave the soil or water permanently, but cycle through rain, plants, animals, and into our food and bodies. The only way out is through sweat.

Remember the EPA study where 29% of folks had high levels of trichloroethylene in their exhaled breath? This can come from wearing a dry cleaned suit, and it out-gases from carpeting, cardboard and a multitude of other everyday sources. It is not exotic. It is in the water supply of many municipalities as an industrial contaminant. It can cause bizarre numbness and tingling, dizziness, inability to concentrate, headaches, depression and brain fog. And that's just in the brain. In terms of cancer, it has been associated with kidney cancer, liver cancer, Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma as well as cervical cancer, leukemia, and esophageal cancer (Wartenberg). And it can cause cardiac arrhythmia, endometriosis, and much more.

Clearly our most potent environments are in our homes, but we are not safe regardless of where we go. Most work environments add even more to the total daily body burden. And depending upon meteorologic conditions, cloud cover, wind velocity, temperature and other factors, outdoor air pollution definitely fluctuates causing increased death by heart attack (Janssen, Zanobetti, Laden, Wong).

In our outdoor as well as indoor air, we have the heavy metal, lead, as one of hundreds of contaminants that is rarely looked for. It causes devastating effects from lowering children's IQ (Schwartz 1994) to loss of hearing (Schwartz 1991). But if that were not enough, the level that causes brain damage in children is lower than 10 mcg/dl, which has been designated by "authorities" to be the cutoff point for diagnosing whether lead is a problem (Lanphear). Because this arbitrary cutoff has been inappropriately assigned, to too low a value, regular testing often will not pick up a lead level less than 10. The only way brain-damaging lead in the body can be found is with the same provocation test we used for mercury. But instead of asking for mercury to be analyzed in the urine, the doctor should order lead.

But where are the physicians who are doing lead and other heavy metal provocations for children whose IQ's do not match their parents'? I can't tell you the number of times I see children who are not half as smart as their parents, but no one is curious about why they are not. Where are the physicians who are looking for environmental triggers for hearing loss, endometriosis, high blood pressure, heart disease, disparate I.Q. or cancer? We have a true information warp. We're focused on drugs, surgery, organ transplants and genetic manipulation, when we should be focused on merely getting the causative chemicals out. Or as they say, GET THE LEAD OUT!

The bottom line is that sweat is the only proven method for getting the most damaging toxins out of the body. There are no drugs, no surgery, no chelation, nor other detoxification methods with before and after measurements proving that unwanted chemicals like PCBs and pesticides were eliminated. Regular saunas have a disadvantage of generally starting well above 160 F. degrees, and could be damaging to the eye lens and other delicate tissues. But far infrared technology is safe enough for elderly end-stage heart patients, because you do not even have to go above 100 F. degrees. It makes no sense to push the body to unphysiologic temperatures or to make someone who is already sick even more uncomfortable.

Let's face it. You and your doctor have been screwed into believing every symptom is a deficiency of some drug or surgery. You've been led to believe you have no control, when in truth you're the one who must take control.

The ailing heart for example, is the result of a lifetime of tanking up on heavy metals like cadmium, mercury, lead, aluminum, in addition to chemicals like the plasticizers, PCBs, volatile organic hydrocarbons, pesticides, dioxins, and more. The heart truly is a toxic target organ. No wonder it is the number one cause of death and disease. When there are only two causes for disease (diet and environment), it's imperative that we be able to reverse both of these. And we can!

Far infrared sauna technology is the only proven, most efficacious way of getting rid of stored environmental chemicals. Preferably start with an oil change to get rid of trans fatty acids, and restore missing fatty acids while correcting mineral deficiencies, like selenium, manganese, zinc and magnesium, to facilitate safer detoxification. The formula is really quite simple. The problem is it doesn't make any money for the drug industry that owns medicine. In fact the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA 287: 6 12-6 17, 2002) documented how over 87% of physicians who make up the panels of "experts" who determine the practice guidelines for medicine receive compensation from the drug industry. These are the guidelines that your doctors and insurance companies follow.

Meanwhile, the ball is in your court. For those who want to get well, let's go to the next chapter where you will learn how to orchestrate wellness.
Ok, tables didn't came right, check them out at:http://www.lifestylelaboratory.com/articles/rogers-saunas-vs-toxins-pt3.html

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Zq8y3VfBC8oJ:www.therasauna.com/docs/Far%2520Infrared.pdf+FAR+infrared+infection&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&client=firefox-a

FAR INFRARED

WHAT IS FAR INFRARED (FIR) ?

It is a specific wave length of light from the sun. Among the rays coming from the sun, the FIR waves are the safest and the most beneficial. Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to heat the air in between. Radiant heat is also called infrared energy (IR). The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wave length, measured in microns or micrometers (a micron = 1/1,000,000 meter); .076-1.5 microns = near or close; 1.5-5.6 = middle or intermediate; 5.6-1000 = far or long- wave infrared. The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below or “infra” to red light as the next lowest energy band of light. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras that translate infrared into colors visible to our eyes. We can, however, feel this type of light which we perceive as heat.

The sun is the principal source of radiant energy that we experience daily. Have you ever been outside on a partly cloudy spring day of about 50 degrees and felt quite comfortable until suddenly the sun was obscured by a cloud? Although the air temperature had not had time to drop, you felt chilled, as the cloud would not let the warming infrared rays through to reach you. The infrared heat in the Hot House is just like the heat from our sun or that which our own bodies produce as they burn fuel to keep us warm. These rays are selectively absorbed by the tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing resources. After boosting a tissue’s level to maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called “resonant absorption.”

WHAT DOES IT DO ?

• Elevates the temperature of subcutaneous layers, thus expanding blood capillaries, stimulating blood circulation, increasing metabolism between blood and tissue, promoting tissue regeneration and reducing cramping.

• Penetrates 4-5 centimeters into the dermis (middle layer of skin) from muscles into blood vessels, lymphatic glands and nerves.

• Affects every living cell and produces warmth. Through this cell tissue” micro-friction” and the vibration of molecular resonance, chemicals within cells are activated.

• The warming effect is helpful in eliminating such things as the waste products generated by aging, heavy metals and toxic substances, which are then secreted by the sweat and dermis-layer fat glands.

• Adjusts the autonomic nerve function and reduces the over-stimulation of sensory nerves.

When FIR penetrates our bodies it can be converted into the appropriate energy. This activates the self-regulating systems in our living tissue so as to alleviate the bodily imbalance and lead to recovery. It is not only a beneficial health therapy, but can also be a substitute for other therapeutic modalities. Because of its heat penetration property,

FIR radiates to the meridian points of the body.

FAR INFRARED BENEFITS

• Far Infrared emits photons

• Photons help release enzymes

• Enzymes stimulate macrophage activity increasing the elimination of damaged and diseased tissues

• Nitric oxide is released which expands capillaries and increases circulation

One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Numerous toxins are stored in our bodies. Toxic gases may be encapsulated by clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. When a 10 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate, which reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.

MAJOR STUDIES OF FAR INFRARED ENERGY

Summary from Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed., ED Justus F. Lehmann M.D. Generally it is accepted that heat produces the following desirable therapeutic effects:

• It increases the extensibility of collagen tissues.

• It decreases joint stiffness directly.

• It relieves muscle spasms.

• It produces pain relief.

• It increases blood flow.

• It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates.

• More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy.

Dr. Otto Warburg was nominated for the Nobel Prize in 1944 for research concerning photosynthesis in connection with the chemotherapeutics of cancer and the use of x-rays. His research has shown that infrared impacts cancer.

Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O & P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported great success with the use of Far Infrared treatment for:

• Whiplash

• Menopause

• Shoulder stiffness

• Rheumatism

• Sciatica

• Arthritis

• Insomnia

• Acne

• Ear diseases

• Gastroenteric problems Researchers reported over 90% success in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effect of Far Infrared on:

• Soft tissue injury

• Lumbar strain

• Sciatica

• Eczema with infection

• Cholecystitis

• Pelvic infection

• Tinea

• Neurodermatitis

• Diarrhea

• Neurasthenia

• Pediatric pneumonia

• Menstrual pain

• Periarthritis of the shoulder

• Post-surgical infections

• Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)

• Frostbite with inflammation

Substances harmful to the human body are excreted through sweat and oil glands, such as carcinogenic heavy metals, toxic substances from food processing, lactic acid, nonesterified fatty acids, fat and subcutaneous fat which cause fatigue and aging, as well as hypertension caused by sodium ions which trigger uric acid pain.

FAR INFRARED RAYS PRODUCE THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS IN THE FOLLOWING: CONDITIONS AFFECTED BY CIRCULATION

Increases blood flow by promoting dilation of capillaries

• Diabetes

• Poor peripheral circulation

• Arthritis

• Rheumatism • Hypertension

• Clogged capillary vessels

• Arteriosclerosis

• High blood pressure

• Low blood pressure

• Coronary artery disease

• Sciatica

• Backaches

• Hemorrhoids

• Nervous tension

• Varicose veins

• Neuritis

• Bursitis

• Strained muscles

• Fatigue

• Stretch marks

• Menstrual cramps

• Upset stomach • Piles

INFLAMMATORY INFILTRATES, EDEMA AND EXUDATES

• Edema of the joints

• Inflammation of joints

• Tendinitis • Sprain • Joint stiffness

• Peripheral Occlusive Disease

• Gout

PAIN RELIEF

• Neuralgia

• Headache

• Pain during menstruation

• May lead to increased endorphin production, which reduces pain JOINTS

• Assists in reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow

• Decreases joint stiffness directly PROBLEMS THAT OFTEN ACCOMPANY AGING

• High blood pressure

• Rheumatism

• Rheumatoid arthritis

• Pain which affects ability to sleep

• Menopause

• Cold hands & feet

• Radiation sickness

• Sequelae of strokes

• Leg ulcers

• Insomnia

• Benign prostatic hypertrophy

• Pain from a metal joint implant

• Speeds healing of joint implants

• Compression fracture pain IMMUNE SYSTEM

• Pelvic infection

• Post-surgical infection

• Toe-and-finger-nail fungus

• Scleraderma (an autoimmune disease where collagen builds up and healing cannot take place because the circulation can’t get to the area due to the buildup of the collagen). Infrared energy appears capable of potentiating functions of white blood cells. More white blood cells means greater immune function and resistance to disease and viruses. There is an immune response facilitated by the photons of the

FIR technology that turns on the enzyme system, particularly the nitric oxide synthase enzyme. It is well established medically that this is the mechanism involved in the FIR technology.

CELLS

• Attracts calcium ions to the cellular level.

• Promotes adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane.

• Stimulates enzyme activity.

BRAIN & NEUROSYSTEM

• Short-term memory improved

• Accelerated repair in brain contusions

• Cerebral hemorrhages - healing both speeds up and is significantly enhanced

COLLAGEN TISSUES

• Ligaments

• Joint capsules

• Tendons

• Fascia Synovium

• Increases range of motion

• Scarred, thickened or contracted tissues

• Increases extensibility of collagen tissues

SKIN CONDITIONS

• Clogged pores.

• Poor skin tone.

• Open wounds

• Laceration

• Body odor

• Loosens dead outer skin

• Eczema

• Psoriasis

• Aging skin

• Chapping

• Chillblains

• Frostbite

• Rashes

• Removes roughness

• Improves skin tone

• Nettle rash

• Neurodermatitis

• Leg & Decubitus ulcers improved when previously resistant to other care

• Dandruff - due to increased blood flow through the scalp

• Burns - Scars and pain from burns and wounds are decreased in severity and extent. FIR therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.

• Keloids - significantly softened and in some cases completely gone

• Acne - FIR may open pores that have not been functioning in years

• Sunburn - FIR radiations are the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation, according to Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed. BODY ACIDITY

• Reduces acidity in the body (FIR causes fruit to ripen faster by reducing acidity) Over acidity, which can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems, is very common today. It gives rise to an internal environment conducive to disease, as opposed to a pH-balanced environment which allows normal body function necessary for the body to resist disease. A healthy body maintains adequate alkaline reserves to meet emergency demands.

NERVES

• Neuresthenia

• Adjusts autonomic nerve function

• Reduces over-stimulation of sensory nerves

CARDIOVASCULAR

• Atherosclerosis (thickening of artery walls due to fatty deposits)

• Septic shock (dangerous drop of blood pressure) Due to the deep penetration over 1-1/2" into the skin of the infrared rays generated by the FIR dome, there is a healing effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep healing affect as a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. Research by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flights. As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, and blood flow rises.

CANCER • Cancer therapy • Radiation sickness - relieves signs & symptoms • Cancer pain - relieved in later stages of cancer • FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells Cancerous cells cannot exist if blood circulation is smooth. Good circulation in the capillaries leaves no room for a cancerous cell to settle down. (A cancerous cell has to settle down so it can proliferate.) FIR helps capillaries to expand, improving circulation. The cancer cell also has a weakness: heat above 42 deg C can kill it. FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells. FIR treatment raises body temperature. FIR therapy can alleviate pain and prolong life when conventional cancer treatment fails. Surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are considered detrimental to health - they are invasive treatments. FIR therapy and immuno-therapy are regarded as non-invasive. FIR is extremely beneficial.

MUSCULOSKELETAL

• Arthritis

• Accel-decel injury sequelae

• Brain contusion

• Lumbago

• Relieves muscle spasms

• TMJ arthritis

• Cramping

• Whiplash

• Lumbar strain

• Muscle tension

• Spinal cord shock

• Post-exercise muscle pain

• Bursitis

• Muscle spasms

• Knee injuries

• Paralysis

• Sciatica

• Neuralgia

• Abnormal nerve functions

• Back, shoulder, neck and muscle pain

• Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)

• Reduces muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated

• Great for warming up before exercise

SOFT TISSUE

• Soft tissue injuries - promotes relief in chronic cases Accelerated healing in newer injuries

• Auto accident-related soft tissue injury Cellulite

• Aids in regeneration of tissue

• Reduces soreness through direct action on nerve endings in tissues and on periphery

WEIGHT LOSS

• Direct excretion of fat.

• Burns calories

• Increases metabolism

Weight loss can come through the energy use needed to produce sweating. Cellulite (a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes, which are trapped in pockets below the skin) A FIR dome will assist this condition, as profuse sweating helps clear it from the body. FIR heat can be significantly more effective than other heat methods, due to the heat penetration being twice the depth into cellulite.

Warming Up to Far Infrared

References Infrared’s Effect on Dentistry and the Immune System, John L. Tate, DDS.

Far-Infrared - Technologies That Harness the Sun, Valerie H. Free, Complimentary Healing.

Warming up to Far-Infrared, D.J. Fletcher, Alternative Medicine, Jan. 2001. Infrared Thermal System, Dr. Aaron M.Flickstein, Thermal Life Infrared.

The Healing Rays of Far-Infrared, Hsin Ten Enterprises.

Augmentation of Wound Healing Using Monochromatic Infrared Energy, Lon R.Horwitz, DPM, CWS; Thomas J. Burke, PhD; Dale Carnegie, DPM, Advances in Wound Care, Jan./Feb.1999.

Medical Report, HotHouse FIR Health Builder.

Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed.

Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed, ED, Justus F. Lehmann, M.D.

The Science of Far Infrared Therapies, Toshiko Yamazaki, M.D.

http://www.farinfraredsauna.net/categories/infraredsauna/articles/infrared_sauna_effective.shtml

Is Infrared Sauna effective?

Recent books such as Cross Currents, by Robert O. Becker, M.D., have detailed the hazards of exposure to certain kinds of electromagnetic fields such as those encountered under high tension power lines or while working at computer display terminals. Japanese researchers have reported that infrared radiant heat serves as an antidote to the negative effects of such toxic electromagnetic sources.

Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have done extensive research on infrared treatments and reported many provocative findings. In Japan there is an "Infrared Society," composed of medical doctors and physical therapists, to further research and support the health benefits of infrared as a healing method. There have been 30 million people have received localized infrared treatment in the Orient, Europe and Australia with lamps tuned to the same 2 ~ 25 micron waveband

The Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) states; "A moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off 500 grams in a sauna, consuming nearly 300 kcal, which is equivalent to running 2 ~ 3 miles. A heat-conditioned person can easily sweat off 600 ~ 800 kcal with no adverse effects. While the weight of the water loss can be regained by drinking water, the calories consumed will not be." Assuming "a sauna", as mentioned in JAMA, to last for 30 minutes, some interesting comparisons might be drawn. Two of the highest calorie-consuming forms of exercises are rowing and marathon running. Peak output on a rowing machine or during a marathon run burns about 600 calories in 30 minutes.

Infrared Sauna would be very valuable for those who don't exercise and those who can't exercise yet want an effective weight control and fitness maintenance program and the benefits of a regular exercise.

"Medical practitioners make use of Infrared Radiant Heat to treat sprains, strains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis and muscle pain..." - McGraw/Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O & P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported great success with the use of infrared treatment for: Whiplash, Sciatica, Menopause, Arthritis, Shoulder Stiffness, Rheumatism, Acne, Gastroenteric Problem, Ear Diseases, Insomnia

The following is a summary from Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th edition, ED. Just us F. Lehmann MD, William's and Wilkins, Chapter 9 or concluded from the data there in.Generally it is accepted that heat produces the following desirable therapeutic effects:

• increases the extensibility of collagen tissues
• decreases joint stiffness directly
• relieves muscle spasms
• produces pain relief
• increases blood flow
• assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates

Researchers reported over 90% success in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effect of infrared therapy on:

• Soft tissue injury
• Lumbar strain
• Periarthritis of the shoulder
• Sciatica
• Pain during Menstruation
• Neurodermatitis
• Eczema with infection
• Post-surgical infections
• Cholecystitis
• Neurasthenia
• Pelvic infection
• Pediatric Pneumonia
• Tineas
• Frostbite with inflammation
• Facial paralysis (Bell's Palsy)
• Diarrhea

Japanese researchers, as reported in the book Infrared Therapy by Dr. Yamajaki, have produced the following provocative results:

• Burns: relieves pain and decreases healing time, with less scarring
• High Blood Pressure: safe in 40 ~ 50°C range and regular use helps to lower it
• Low Blood Pressure: sauna trains body to raise it
• Brain Damage: accelerated repair in brain contusions
• Short-term memory improved
• Cancer of the tongue reversed
• Toxic Electromagnetic Fields: effects neutralized
• Cerebral Hemorrhages: recovery is both sped up and significantly enhanced
• Auto Accident: related soft tissue injury - daily sessions were used until best healing was attained; then Infrared systems were used to deal with permanent residuals. The pain control effect on the chronic residuals from such injuries lasted three days before another treatment was necessary.
• Arthritis, acute and chronic: was greatly relieved Gouty Arthritis: relieved Rheumatoid Arthritis: relieved
• Menopause Symptoms: relieved chills, nervousness, depression, dizziness, head & stomach aches
• Weight Loss: first, through sweating and the energy use needed to produce the sweat and second, through direct excretion of fat

All of the following ailments may be associated to some degree with poor circulation and, thus, may respond well to the increased peripheral dilation associated with Infrared application:

• Arthritis
• Sciatica
• Backaches
• Hemorrhoids
• Nervous Tension
• Diabetes
• Children's Over-tired Muscles • Varicose Veins
• Neuritis
• Bursitis
• Rheumatism
• Strained Muscles
• Fatigue Stretch Marks Menstrual Cramps
• Upset Stomachs

http://www.chidvd.com/fir_infrared.htm

FAR INFRARED
WHAT IS FAR INFRARED (FIR)

It is a specific wave length of light from the sun. Among the rays coming from the sun, the FIR waves are the safest and the most beneficial.

What exactly is radiant heat? No need to worry - it has nothing to do with either ultraviolet radiation (which gives you a sunburn and damages your skin) or atomic radiation (the kind from a nuclear bomb). Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to heat the air in between. Radiant heat is also called infrared energy (IR). The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wave length, measured in microns or micrometers (a micron = 1/1,000,000 meter); .076-1.5 microns = near or close; 1.5-5.6 = middle or intermediate; 5.6-1000 = far or long-wave infrared. The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below or “infra” to red light as the next lowest energy band of light. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras that translate infrared into colors visible to our eyes. We can, however, feel this type of light which we perceive as heat.

Our sun produces most of its energy output in the infrared segment of the spectrum. Our atmosphere has a “window” in it that allows FIR rays in the 7-14 micron range to safely reach the earth’s surface. When warmed, the earth radiates infrared rays in the 7-14 micron band with its peak output at 10 microns.
The sun is the principal source of radiant energy that we experience daily. Have you ever been outside on a partly cloudy spring day of about 50 degrees and felt quite comfortable until suddenly the sun was obscured by a cloud? Although the air temperature had not had time to drop, you felt chilled, as the cloud would not let the warming infrared rays through to reach you. The infrared heat in the Hot House is just like the heat from our sun or that which our own bodies produce as they burn fuel to keep us warm. These rays are selectively absorbed by the tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing resources. After boosting a tissue’s level to maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called “resonant absorption.”

WHAT DOES IT DO

• Elevates the temperature of subcutaneous layers, thus expanding blood capillaries, stimulating blood circulation, increasing metabolism between blood and tissue, promoting tissue regeneration and reducing cramping.
• Penetrates 4-5 centimeters into the dermis (middle layer of skin) from muscles into blood vessels, lymphatic glands and nerves.
• Affects every living cell and produces warmth. Through this cell tissue” micro-friction” and the vibration of molecular resonance, chemicals within cells are activated.
• The warming effect is helpful in eliminating such things as the waste products generated by aging, heavy metals and toxic substances, which are then secreted by the sweat and dermis-layer fat glands.
• Adjusts the autonomic nerve function and reduces the over-stimulation of sensory nerves.

HOW THE PROCESS EVOLVES

• FIR waves reach into the cell and create water molecule resonance
• The waves then produce atomic molecule resonance
• Energy conversion occurs through absorption
• It forms an effect on the heart
• It enters to the subcutaneous cell layer
• Temperature is elevated
• Capillary dilation takes place
• Extravasated blood and congested toxins are excreted
• Cells are activated
• Organ cells are repaired and protected
• The formation of enzymes is promoted

When FIR penetrates our bodies it can be converted into the appropriate energy. This activates the self-regulating systems in our living tissue so as to alleviate the bodily imbalance and lead to recovery. It is not only a beneficial health therapy, but can also be a substitute for other therapeutic modalities. Because of its heat penetration property, FIR radiates to the meridian points of the body.

Treatments generally last 20 minutes to an hour, but it does not hurt to use it longer. Initially, relief is only temporary, but with repeated treatments the duration of relief becomes longer and eventually becomes lasting.
Today, scientists and physicians are studying specific wavelengths of light, such as Far Infrared, to understand their therapeutic effects on our bodies. The human body is nourished directly by the stimulation of sunlight or nourished indirectly by eating foods, drinking fluids, or breathing air that has been vitalized by the sun’s light energy.

If certain wavelengths are missing in the light we receive, the body cannot fully absorb certain nutrients. The result is that, even with adequate nutrition, the body is malnourished without exposure to sufficient light. Sunlight increases the ability of the lungs to absorb more vital oxygen, as well as the blood’s capacity to carry and deliver it. Oxygen deficiency has been readily linked to a host of illnesses and discomforts ranging from chronic fatigue to cancer.

When near infrared (NIR) waves heat organic substances the surface gets hotter than the interior, and the interior gets heated by conduction from the surface. By contrast, far infrared (FIR) penetrates deeply with a very uniform warming effect. Recent studies show that not enough illumination contributes to fatigue, depression, suppressed immune function, hair loss, skin damage. Lack of a balanced spectrum of light contributed to loss of muscle tone and strength.

FAR INFRARED DOME BENEFITS

• Far Infrared emits photons
• Photons help release enzymes
• Enzymes stimulate macrophage activity increasing the elimination of damaged and diseased tissues
• Nitric oxide is released which expands capillaries and increases circulation

Infra-red photons produce enzymes that activate macrophages, which help eliminate damaged and diseased tissue. Macrophages work on a cellular level.

Nitric oxide is released and expands capillaries. It also increases circulation and carries toxins to the lymph system and out of the body.

Why is this Infrared system unique? It uses infrared radiant energy to directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1-1/2". Its energy output is tuned to correspond so closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb close to 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin.

One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Numerous toxins are stored in our bodies. Toxic gases may be encapsulated by clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. When a 10 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate, which reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.

RESEARCH

Dr. Tsu Tsair Oliver Chi summarized the effect of infrared rays on the body in these words, “These rays are selectively absorbed by tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing responses and may require a boost to a maximal level to ensure the fullest healing response possible in a tissue which is being repaired. After boosting a tissue’s level to its maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly.”

Success reported with Infrared treatments by Japanese researchers in Musculoskeletal cases:

TMJ Accel-Decel Injury Sequelae
Traumatic Arthritis Brain Contusion -accelerated healing
Low Back Pain relieved Muscle Spasms -reduced or eliminated
Disc Protrusion-related Neuralgia Brain Contusion -accelerated healing
Tight Shoulders -relaxed Muscle Tension -relaxed
Bursitis -eliminated Shoulder Pain -relieved or eliminated
Spinal Cord Shock -reversed Post-exercise Muscle Pain
Arthritis: Gouty, Rheumatoid - each substantially relieved or improved

“Medical practitioners make use of Infrared radiant heat to treat sprains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis and muscle pain,” according to McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology.

Summary from Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed., ED Justus F. Lehmann M.D.
Generally it is accepted that heat produces the following desirable therapeutic effects:

1. It increases the extensibility of collagen tissues.
• Tissues heated to 45 C exhibit an increase of length in tissues when stretched.
• This effect would be especially valuable in working with ligaments, joint capsules, tendons, fascia and synovium that have become scarred, thickened or contracted.
• Such stretching at 45 C caused much less weakening in stretched tissues than a similar stretching at normal temperatures.
• The experiments cited clearly showed that low-force stretching can produce significant residual elongation when heat is applied together with stretching or range-of-motion exercises, and is also safer than stretching tissues at normal tissue temperatures.
• This safer stretching effect is crucial in properly training competitive athletes so as to minimize their “down” time from injuries.

2. It decreases joint stiffness directly.
3. It relieves muscle spasms.
4. It produces pain relief.
5. It increases blood flow.
6. It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates.
7. More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy.

Otto Warburg was nominated for the Nobel Prize in 1944 for research concerning
photosynthesis in connection with the chemotherapeutics of cancer and the use of x-rays.
His research has shown that infrared impacts cancer.

Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O & P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported great success with the use of Infrared treatment for:

Whiplash
Menopause
Shoulder stiffness
Rheumatism
Sciatica
Arthritis
Insomnia
Acne
Ear diseases
Gastroenteric problems

Researchers reported over 90% success in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effect of Infrared on:

Soft tissue injury
Lumbar strain Sciatica
Eczema with infection
Cholecystitis
Pelvic infection
Tinea
Neurodermatitis
Diarrhea
Neurasthenia
Pediatric pneumonia
Menstrual pain
Periarthritis of the shoulder
Post-surgical infections
Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)
Frostbite with inflammation

Far Infrared produces nitric oxide. (White cells use nitric oxide to defend against tumors. Nitroglycerine and other related compounds act by releasing nitric oxide.)

The scientific mechanism of FIR was strongly suggested in the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine Award. Scientists Murad, Furchgott and Ignaro found that nitric oxide gas, which is released into the blood from the hemoglobin, turns on the immune system and allows healing to take place. Dr. Valentino Fuster, a past president of the American Heart Association, called the nitric oxide discovery “one of the most important discoveries in the history of cardiovascular medicine because it promotes expansion of the capillaries and allows the blood to get into the area to increase circulation and reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.”

It has been demonstrated by Dr. Lon R. Horwitz that a FIR energy modality increases nitric acid in the blood and plasma of normal adult subjects. A 1999 publication by Dr. Horwitz strongly suggests that Far Infrared produces nitric oxide gas, which aided in the recovery of the five patients in a study, who could not get healing conventionally. They had various diabetic problems and were not able to heal, but they received the nitric oxide technology produced by the FIR, and healing took place for all of them. Augmentation of Wound Healing Using Monochromatic Infrared Energy; Advances in Wound Care; author’s unpublished research.

When you apply the FIR technology, you see the healing results from the production of nitric oxide from the hemoglobin by the reaction of the photons of the FIR on the enzymes, which produce the nitric oxide gas. The immune cells get into the area and the circulation is increased. Pain is reduced, and the area now has the immune cells necessary to get complete healing.

The wide-ranging results of nitric oxide may pay off in new treatments for:

Atherosclerosis (a thickening of artery walls)
Septic shock (a dangerous drop in blood pressure)
Cancer

The Infrared protocol was instituted after conventional management protocols were shown to be ineffective in wound healing. The rate and quality of healing of these previously refractory wounds, following use of FIR energy, may be related to local increases in nitric oxide concentration. Increases in nitric oxide previously have been demonstrated to correlate with vasodilatory and anabolic responses.

Substances harmful to the human body are excreted through sweat and oil glands, such as
carcinogenic heavy metals, toxic substances from food processing, lactic acid, nonesterified fatty
acids, fat and subcutaneous fat which cause fatigue and aging, as well as hypertension caused by sodium ions which trigger uric acid pain.

FIR HEAT IS FELT TO PRODUCE THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS IN THE FOLLOWING:

BRAIN
Short-term memory improved
Accelerated repair in brain contusions
Cerebral hemorrhages - healing both speeds up and is significantly enhanced

COLLAGEN TISSUES
Ligaments Joint capsules Tendons
Fascia Synovium Increases range of motion
Scarred, thickened or contracted tissues
Increases extensibility of collagen tissues

BODY ACIDITY
Reduces acidity in the body (FIR causes fruit to ripen faster by reducing acidity)

NERVES
Neuresthenia Adjusts autonomic nerve function
Reduces over-stimulation of sensory nerves

CELLS
Attracts calcium ions to the cellular level
Promotes adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane
Stimulates enzyme activity

JOINTS
Assists in reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow
Decreases joint stiffness directly

PAIN RELIEF
Neuralgia Headache Pain during menstruation
May lead to increased endorphin production, which reduces pain

CONDITIONS AFFECTED BY CIRCULATION
Increases blood flow by promoting dilation of capillaries
Clogged capillary vessels Hypertension Arteriosclerosis
High blood pressure Low blood pressure Coronary artery disease
Arthritis Sciatica Backaches
Hemorrhoids Nervous tension Diabetes
Varicose veins Neuritis Bursitis
Rheumatism Strained muscles Fatigue
Stretch marks Menstrual cramps Upset stomach
Piles Poor peripheral circulation

CARDIOVASCULAR
Atherosclerosis (thickening of artery walls due to fatty deposits)
Septic shock (dangerous drop of blood pressure)
Due to the deep penetration over 1-1/2" into the skin of the infrared rays generated by the FIR dome, there is a healing effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep healing affect as a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. Research by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flights. As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, and blood flow rises.

INFLAMMATORY INFILTRATES, EDEMA AND EXUDATES

Edema of the joints Inflammation of joints Tendinitis
Sprain Joint stiffness Peripheral Occlusive Disease
Gout
Speeds up healing - treatment with infrared has been so successful that hospital stays were reported to have been reduced by 25%.

CANCER
Cancer therapy Cancer of the tongue
Radiation sickness - relieves signs & symptoms
Cancer pain - relieved in later stages of cancer
FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells

Cancerous cells cannot exist if blood circulation is smooth. Good circulation in the capillaries leaves no room for a cancerous cell to settle down. (A cancerous cell has to settle down so it can proliferate.) FIR helps capillaries to expand, improving circulation. The cancer cell also has a weakness: heat above 42 deg C can kill it. FIR heat can penetrate through the body and kill cancerous cells. FIR treatment raises body temperature. FIR therapy can alleviate pain and prolong life when conventional cancer treatment fails. Surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are considered detrimental to health - they are invasive treatments. FIR therapy and immuno-therapy are regarded as non-invasive. FIR is extremely beneficial.

DENTISTRY
Dr. John Tate, DDS, says, “I have used the FIR dome with over fifty high risk surgical cases without complication or dry sockets on 92% of the patients. The dome is placed over the patient in my office a half hour before surgery and then a half hour after surgery to promote an immune response. The patient then takes the dome home and applies the technology at home for two hours a day for the next three days. They get what we call complete healing. The macrophages produce collagen necessary to stimulate the fibroblasts, and the tissue of the fibroblasts then will stimulate the osteoblast, which is bone. That is where the bone forms - and it starts in the first three days - but it takes about six months for complete healing. The two main cells we need in dentistry and in surgery around the bone area are the macrophages and the neutrophils.” (which are activated by far infrared heat).

“The macrophage is called the “pac man” of the immune system. The macrophage is a cell that engulfs and digests microorganisms. Everything starts with the macrophage - “macro” meaning big and “phage” meaning eater. So we have a big eater here. The tentacle on the macrophage grabs the staphylococci and a bacillus rod, and that macrophage extends a pseudo paw to get the bacteria that is now invading our blood!”
“I elected to use the FIR dome for these reasons:

1. Safety. The FIR produces a wave length that is identical to the body’s own wave length by body heat, and that is at the 8-to-10-micron level, so it is safe.
2. Penetration. FIR penetrates 1-1/2" so this is an advantage to the dental surgeon who deals with bone as well as soft tissue.
3. Area covered. The unique ceramic construction of the FIR dome covers a large area
of the body, with a large coverage in a short period of time. Since there is a 160-degree angle, the penetration and the intensity of the dome produces a strong effect.
4. One hour’s use of the FIR dome for five days would produce a large body production
of nitric oxide gas. It will also increase circulation, reduce pain and swelling and promote faster healing. That has been my observation with about 50 patients now. They tell me, ‘Doc, I don’t need any more antibiotics; I am healing; I feel good; I don’t have any swelling.’”

IMMUNE SYSTEM
Pelvic infection Post-surgical infection
Toe-and-finger-nail fungus
Scleraderma (an autoimmune disease where collagen builds up and healing cannot take place because the circulation can’t get to the area due to the buildup of the collagen)

Infrared energy appears capable of potentiating functions of white blood cells. More white blood cells means greater immune function and resistance to disease and viruses.

There is an immune response facilitated by the photons of the FIR technology that turns on the enzyme system, particularly the nitric oxide synthase enzyme. It is well established medically that this is the mechanism involved in the FIR technology.

PROBLEMS THAT OFTEN ACCOMPANY AGING

Menopause Cold hands & feet High blood pressure
Rheumatoid arthritis Radiation sickness Sequelae of strokes
Leg ulcers Rheumatism Insomnia
Benign prostatic hypertrophy Pain which affects ability to sleep
Pain from a metal joint implant Speeds healing of joint implants
Compression fracture pain

DISEASES OF ORGANS

Duodenal ulcers Hepatitis Gastritis
Cirrhosis of liver Hemorrhoids Asthma
Bronchitis Crohn’s Disease Post-surgical adhesions
Cystitis Heartburn Nephritis
Gastric and duodenal ulcers Stomach ache Gastroenteric
Reduces density of uric acid Cholecystitis

EAR, NOSE, THROAT CONDITIONS

Sore throats Earache Nosebleeds
Tinea
Chronic middle-ear inflammation & infection
Tinitus - chronic, severe case cleared with 10 FIR treatments

RESPIRATORY
Chest colds Bronchitis Pneumonia

SKIN CONDITIONS

Clogged pores. Poor skin tone. Open wounds
Laceration Body odor Loosens dead outer skin
Eczema Psoriasis Aging skin
Chapping Chillblains Frostbite
Rashes Removes roughness Improves skin tone
Nettle rash Neurodermatitis
Leg & Decubitus ulcers improved when previously resistant to other care
Dandruff - due to increased blood flow through the scalp
Burns - Scars and pain from burns and wounds are decreased in severity and extent. FIR therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.
Keloids - significantly softened and in some cases completely gone
Acne - FIR may open pores that have not been functioning in years
Sunburn - FIR radiations are the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation, according to Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed.

MUSCULOSKELETAL

Arthritis Accel-decel injury sequelae Brain contusion
Lumbago Relieves muscle spasms TMJ arthritis
Cramping Whiplash Lumbar strain
Muscle tension Spinal cord shock Post-exercise muscle pain
Bursitis Muscle spasms Knee injuries
Paralysis Sciatica Neuralgia
Abnormal nerve functions
Back, shoulder, neck and muscle pain
Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)
Reduces muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated
Great for warming up before exercise

SOFT TISSUE

Soft tissue injuries - promotes relief in chronic cases Accelerated healing in newer injuries
Auto accident-related soft tissue injury Cellulite
Aids in regeneration of tissue
Reduces soreness through direct action on nerve endings in tissues and on periphery

WEIGHT LOSS

Direct excretion of fat. Burns calories Increases metabolism
Weight loss can come through the energy use needed to produce sweating
Cellulite (a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes, which are trapped in pockets below the skin) A FIR dome will assist this condition, as profuse sweating helps clear it from the body. FIR heat can be significantly more effective than other heat methods, due to the heat penetration being twice the depth into cellulite.
As a FIR dome is an unsurpassed expeller of toxins, it is also a great way to get rid of any fat our bodies are using to dilute toxins we are storing.

Two of the highest caloric output forms of exercise are rowing and marathon running. Peak output in these sports burns about 600 calories in 30 minutes. Infrared use may better this effect by burning some 900 calories in a 30-minute session. Thus Infrared might stimulate the consumption of energy equal to that expended in a 6.9 mile run during only a single session.

The cleansing and purifying benefits attributed to the traditional sweat lodges are now available for daily purification without the time-consuming set-up process that a sweat lodge requires.

EXERCISE AND CONDITIONING EFFECT

An infrared system can play a pivotal role in both weight control and cardiovascular conditioning. The Infrared dome makes it possible for people in wheelchairs, or those who are otherwise unable to exert themselves or who won’t follow through on an exercise and conditioning program to achieve a cardiovascular training effect. This also allows for more variety in any ongoing training program. “Regular use may be as effective, as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories, as regular exercise.”

For athletes, the FIR dome helps the oxygen-debt to be repaid more quickly. The FIR dome is great for warming up before stretching or starting any vigorous activity. Allow the FIR rays to pour right through your clothing until you just begin to break a sweat. Now you are pre-warmed for stretching, running, skiing in cold weather. This should help to prevent injuries.

CASE STUDY

Rheumatoid arthritis in a 14-year-old Swedish girl who couldn’t walk comfortably downstairs due to knee pain since she had been eight years old. Her rheumatologists told her mother that she would be in a wheelchair within two years. However, after three infrared treatments she began to become more agile and subsequently took up folk dancing, without the aid of the conventional approach in her recovery.

CAUTION

If you have a disease or are using any prescription drugs, be certain to consult with a primary-care physician before use. Some authorities consider its use inadvisable with systemic lupus, erythematosis, chronically hot and swollen joints, enclosed infections, predisposition to hemorrhage, multiple sclerosis, or during pregnancy. If you have a recent (acute) joint injury it should not be heated for the first 48 hours after an injury. If you have metal pins, rods, artificial joints or other surgical or silicone implants, consult your surgeon prior to using FIR. (Metal pins, rods, etc. generally reflect infrared rays.) FIR use must be discontinued if you experience pain near any implants. Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase their menstrual flow.

The data presented herein is offered for reference purposes only and to stimulate further observation. No implication of Infrared to cure or treat any disease is implied nor should it be inferred.

Warming Up to Far Infrared
References
Infrared’s Effect on Dentistry and the Immune System, John L. Tate, DDS.
Far-Infrared - Technologies That Harness the Sun, Valerie H. Free, Complimentary Healing.
Warming up to Far-Infrared, D.J. Fletcher, Alternative Medicine, Jan. 2001.
Infrared Thermal System, Dr. Aaron M.Flickstein, Thermal Life Infrared.
The Healing Rays of Far-Infrared, Hsin Ten Enterprises.
Augmentation of Wound Healing Using Monochromatic Infrared Energy, Lon R.Horwitz, DPM, CWS; Thomas J. Burke, PhD; Dale Carnegie, DPM, Advances in Wound Care, Jan./Feb.1999.
Medical Report, HotHouse FIR Health Builder.
Clayton’s Electrotherapy, Ninth Ed.
Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Ed, ED, Justus F. Lehmann, M.D.
The Science of Far Infrared Therapies, Toshiko Yamazaki, M.D.

http://www.acupuncturetoday.com/mpacms/at/article.php?id=30300

Hot Stuff: The Promise of Far-Infrared Treatment

By Andrew Rader, LAc, MS

If you like the warmth of the sun, you have to appreciate far-infrared light. The sun puts out electromagnetic energy that ranges from X-rays and gamma rays on one end, to radio waves on the other.

Visible light is in the middle, with violet on the X-ray end and red on the radio end. Just beyond visible red is infrared light. The only difference between these forms of energy is the wavelength and frequency.

Infrared light, which we experience as heat, runs from 0.76 - 1,000 microns in wavelength. Below 1.5 microns is considered near-infrared: above 5.6 is considered far-infrared. The earth radiates infrared rays in the 7-14 micron band. Humans radiate close to nine microns of infrared heat. The army uses far-infrared binoculars to see humans at night. Since we radiate heat at this wavelength, it would make sense that we should absorb it at the same wavelength. Hence the beauty of far-infrared heating devices, such as lamps and saunas, as therapy. These devices put out heat in the range of 2-50 microns, hence far-infrared.

Think of far-infrared as a type of moxibustion, without the smoke and smell, but with a whole lot more. There are two basic types of therapy one can use: local treatment, using infrared lamps, and whole-body treatments, using infrared saunas. Many practitioners have-far infrared saunas in their offices, including myself. The FDA has approved the use of far-infrared for treatment of pain relief, and some insurance companies honor in-home saunas.

Because of the nature of the wavelength, this type of heat penetrates much more deeply than other forms of heat. This deep penetration enables a more thorough and extensive stimulation of local circulation. With circulation comes blood and qi, bringing in nutrients and removing toxins.

Japanese and Chinese researchers have conducted much work in the far-infrared field over the past 30 years. In Japan, there is an "Infrared Society" of medical practitoners and researchers dedicated to furthering this therapy. German physicians, as well, have been using whole-body infrared treatment for over 80 years. If you use heat as one of your therapy modalities, you must consider far-infrared, as it is the most resonant form of heat for the human body.

For full-body treatments, the infrared sauna is invaluable. ("Far-infrared" and "infrared" are synonymous in this case.) One could make comparisons with conventional saunas, but there are a few significant differences. Due to the type of wavelength, heat is absorbed directly by the body preferentially over the surrounding air. What this means is that one can get in a "cool" sauna, 75o F, and immediately start absorbing the heat. After 20 minutes, one is sweating profusely while the ambient temperature won't be over 115o F. Because it relies on convection - heating the air - then conduction - air to skin - to heat the body, a conventional sauna normally operates in the range of 180-200o F. The infrared sauna can run off a conventional 110 amp circuit, and uses minimal amounts of energy, while a traditional sauna has a big appetite for energy.

The amount of sweat an infrared sauna can induce is 2-3 times what a conventional sauna will induce without drying out the sinuses and causing undue stress on the cardiovascular system. Each gram of sweat requires 0.586 kcal. Someone not used to saunas can easily sweat 500 grams and consume 300 kcal, the equivalent of swimming or jogging for 30 minutes. One who is acclimated to the sauna can burn up to 800 kcal without difficulty. NASA in the early 1980s concluded that infrared therapy would be an ideal way to stimulate cardiovascular function during long space missions.

The benefits of infrared therapy are extensive and impressive. Research from Sweden, Finland, Japan, China, and Germany lists numerous conditions that can be successfully treated. This list includes, but is not limited to: arthritis; acne; cancer; soft-tissue injury; menstrual pain; eczema; upper respiratory infections; wound healing; Bell's palsy; neurodermatitis; GI problems; cardiovascular diseases; hypertension; and ear, nose and throat disorders such as sore throat, chronic middle ear inflammation and infection. The success with hyperthermia infrared treatment on tumors is very exciting. Klinic St. George, in Germany, uses infrared hyperthermia treatment to increase the permeability and receptivity of tumor cells to chemotherapy. In this way they can administer low-dose chemotherapy locally. The result is more effective tumor destruction, with much less negative impact on the immune system. Side-effects also are minimized.

The beauty of far-infrared therapy is that it is safe, efficient and low-tech. A patient can use a sauna or lamp at home for chronic conditions. Self-help is empowering and enables patients with long-term chronic conditions to get off that wheel of dependence from the medical community for relief of their suffering.

Other forms of heat therapy such as hot water soaking and hot water bottles are profound healing practices that are readily available and often neglected. Since water radiates heat at similar wavelengths as humans, we are composed of approximately 70 percent water; these simple methods also are forms of infrared treatment. I do not recommend heating pads due to electromagnetic radiation concerns and burn possibilities if one falls asleep with it, and the unevenness of heat distribution.

We can easily forget that "zhen jiu," which commonly is translated as "acupuncture," more accurately means "acumoxatherapy." Heat therapy is a simple and powerful tool that often is treated as a poor cousin to the more glamorous needling. Let's turn up that heat!

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sauna-therapy-for-yeast-infection.html

Sauna Therapy for Yeast Infection

Can sauna therapy help you rid your body of candida? Find out about sweating, diet and saunas to fight your yeast infection.

If you’re searching for a candida cure, having a regular sauna session could significantly help you. Saunas and exercise are known for their healing and detoxification powers. Not only will you get fit and energetic but you’ll see a rapid change in your health. People who sweat are able to rapidly detoxify their bodies and can increase their energy.

This is why more candida sufferers are being encouraged by doctors and holistic practitioners to exercise more often. The act of oxygenating your body and of sweating helps you rid your body of toxins. If your candida bacteria levels exceed regular levels, this is where the unpleasant side effects of yeast infection come in. When your body is healthy and vibrant, candida don’t reproduce at levels that harm you.

Candida sufferers need to alter their lifestyle in order to stop candida from invading their health. An estimated 3 out of 4 women experience regular yeast infections and find themselves in a cycle of using medication or creams to alleviate the symptoms only to find themselves with another infection in a few months.

Because of the state of the average person’s lifestyle of being sedentary and eating a high fat, high sugar and low nutrient value diet, yeast infections can be a curse that will continue to plague you until you change your environment. When the candida can’t thrive, they stop trying. Candida diet, exercise, supplements and other approaches can make a big difference.

Saunas and Candida

Saunas help the body temperature rise to a fever-like state and the body begins to sweat. Our bodies often develop fever when we’re fighting off bacteria. Saunas can do wonders for detoxifying your body from many impurities including candida alibcans bacteria. People do sauna therapy when detoxifying from drugs and alcohol and when they believe they’ve had excessive exposure to metals such as with amalgam fillings and now, there’s an increasing interest in using sauna for candida.

Many holistic practitioners suggest sauna therapy and detoxification in addition to following a new exercise regimen and candida diet so that your body can rid itself of toxins, which can starve out the candida bacteria.

Exercise caution when starting out with sauna therapy. If you’re highly toxic, you could go through feelings of illness as you detoxify. When a drug addict does sauna detox for instance, they often feel the effects of the drug for a short period because of the process of sweating out the drug. When experiencing detox side effects it can be a little unpleasant for some but not everyone feels these negative effects although everyone who successfully detoxifies does feel the benefits.

Your diet and your exercise regimen can help you in so many areas of your health as can doing some regular sauna therapy (physician permitting, of course) and instead of dealing with over the counter drugs or with prescription medications several times a year for recurring yeast infections you could find a whole new level of health, wellness and vitality.

By Matthew Bredel
Published: 6/24/2008

http://www.dr-rocky.com/layout-artikel-kesehatan/33-far-infrared-medical-facts-

Far Infrared (FIR) Healing Medical Facts
and Research

Data From Japan And Other Sources.

Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have completed extensive research on far infrared medical treatments and report many amazing discoveries. In Japan, there is an 'infrared society' composed of medical doctors and physical therapists dedicated to further infrared research. Their findings support the health benefits of far infrared therapy as a method of healing.

Far Infrared HotHouse 'Sauna' and Sun Ancon Chi Machine used for combination therapy. Both machines originate from Japan, the country with the highest ranking health level in the world. Fascinating Far Infrared Medical Facts - Japanese Far Infrared Research

Fascinating Far Infrared Therapy Medical Facts and Data:

1) Far Infrared is thought to be 7 times more effective at detoxifying heavy metals such as mercury, aluminum, and even cholesterols, nicotine, alcohol, ammonia, sulfuric acid and other environmental toxins, as opposed to conventional heat or steam saunas.

The human body is a reservoir of all kinds of bio-toxins which cannot be expelled immediately and become stored in the body, thereby triggering illness. When toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide, or potentially fatal heavy metal toxins such as mercury, lead and chlorine, meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by clusters of water and trapped in the body. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. However, when a 7 to 14 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the water evaporates, the encapsulated gas and toxins can be released.

2) Far Infrared therapy increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to damaged tissues (aiding reduction of chronic joint and muscle pain or sport injuries), promotes relaxation and comfort, induces sleep and relieves stress.

3) German medical researchers concluded one session of far infrared therapy for over 1 hour can have significant reduction of blood pressure thanks to a persistent peripheral vessels dilation. They also noted that blood viscosity was improved. After 1 hour of far infrared radiance, there is a significant decrease of blood pressure - cardiac ejection resistance - total peripheral resistance - and significant increase of heart rate, stroke volume, cardiac output, and ejection fraction.

4) Acne - Far Infrared Lasers verse Far Infrared HotHouse or Far Infrared Lamp:

"Far Infrared lasers such as Smoothbeam or CoolTouch, are becoming a very popular method to treat acne, particularly in very resistant cases. They seem to work by shrinking the sebaceous glands, and you get relatively quick results. They hurt like hell though." - Jeffey Dover, MD, Boston, ELLE Magazine March 2004

HTE's Far infrared HotHouse 'sauna' or a far infrared lamp treatment appears to open pores that have been malfunctioning for years, forcing out clogging cosmetics, and loosening dry outer skin, healing acne and scars, WITHOUT PAIN.

5) Sunburn - According to the Clayton's Electrotherapy, 9th Edition,far infrared radiation is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation.

6) Far Infrared Thermal Therapy and Electromagnetic Fields:

Recently there have been reports detailing the hazards of exposure to certain kinds of electromagnetic fields, such as those from high-tension power lines, cell phones, or from computer display terminals. Far Infrared heating systems have been tested in Japan and found free of toxic electromagnetic fields. The Swedish National Institute of Radiation Protection has also concluded that infrared heaters are not dangerous. Instead, Japanese researchers have reported that far infrared radiant heat antidotes the negative effects of toxic electromagnetic sources.

7) Chi energy also known as Qi - the life force energy present within every living thing:

The Qi that a Qigong master releases is called external Qi whereas the Qi that circulates within the body is called internal Qi. When a person is sick, the flow of Qi internally can be interrupted and various organs might malfunction. If proper information can be delivered inside the body via other media, or if new information can be generated within the body through exercise by patients themselves (the Chi Machine), the organs that are out of order will resume their proper function and the patients are thus cured. This is how acupuncture, electric treatment, magnetic therapy, and far infrared ray (the FIR HotHouse), cure various illmesses and keep the body fit. - 'The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy', Dr.Kyuo.

8) The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology reports medical practitioners make use of infrared radiant heat to treat sprains, strains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis, and muscle pain.

9) Therapeutic Effects of Far Infrared Heat - Chapter 9 of Therapeutic Heat and Cold, Fourth Edition, Editors Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin.Infrared Heat Therapy does the following:

• Decreases joint stiffness.

• Relieves muscle spasms.

• Increases blood flow.

• Leads to pain relief.

• Affects soft tissue injury.

• Increases the extensibility of collagen tissue.

• Assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrated, edema, and exudes.

10) Potential Use Of Far Infrared In Dental Clinics:

Mr. Shu of Ninomiya Yuri Dental Clinic used far infrared ray in his dental clinic for some years. "I have successfully treated many common dental diseases, for instance, pyorrhea alveolaris, gum inflammation, tooth pain, and muscular spasm." Mr. Shu indicated that the use of far infrared ray is undergoing research. Dr. Akira, Director of the Meitoku Association of Dentists and Dr. Waaataru of the Kawano Dental Hospital also use far infrared treatment on a regular basis for gum inflammation and post dental pain suppression. - 'The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy', Dr.Kyuo.

11) Artificial Body Parts:

"The HotHouse feels wonderful on an artificial hip...it is so comforting. When pins or metal have been inserted, it does not harm, as it doesn't get over 98 degrees. Keeping it at that constant temperature doesn't make the body go up and doesn't make it go down. If a person is recovering from a break and has metal pins in the body, the Far Infrared HotHouse is very soothing to them." - D.Sudweeks, Pleasant Grove,Utah, January 27th, 1999.

12) FIR and Healthy Arteries:

When the normally smooth, firm lining of the arteries becomes thickened and roughened by deposits of fat, fibrin, calcium and cellular debris, it lessens the arteries ability to expand and contract, and slows the blood movement through narrowed channels. These conditions make it easier for blood clots to form, blocking the arteries and stopping blood flow completely. FIR is able to neutralize blood toxicity and smooth the walls of arteries, capillaries and veins.

13) Pneumonia:

C.Dunson, a Lymphologist in Utah reported that within 15 minutes of a client being treated with the HotHouse and lymphology therapy, their pneumonia was cleared. Infrared therapy in both Japan and China has proven to be outstanding for asthma, bronchitis, colds, flu, sinusitis and congestion as it clears inflammation, swelling and mucous clogged passages, as testified to in Dr. Kyuo's book below.

14) Dr. Sasaki Kyuo, M.D. has done extensive research on the therapeutic uses of far infrared therapy. She is the author of "The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy' - available below - which presents the clinical effects of far infrared ray therapy.

Besides cancer, Dr. Kyuo reports continual successful treatments of many other diseases by use of FIR waves - treatments not only by her but also by many other doctors. The list of diseases - documented in her book - includes stress induced chronic diarrhea, abdominal distention, ulcerated large intestines, gastritis, facial numbness, haemorrhoids, shoulder, back, and knee pain, rheumatism, hypotension, diabetes, weight loss, breast and abdominal tumours, low blood pressure, asthma, anaemia, burns and scalds, body odour, early onset of baldness, fracture of cervical vertebra, radiation exposure and related diseases.

'The Scientific Basis and Therapeutic Benefits of Far Infrared Ray Therapy'.

Written by acclaimed Japanese medical doctor, Sasaki Kyuo.

Far Infrared Therapy

Benefits and Cancer Therapy.

Far Infrared - Detoxification

Medical Research.

Testimonials for the Far Infrared HotHouse

Arthritis, asthma, acne, back pains and spasms, bone spurs, cancer, degenerative disc disease,

fever, fibromyalgia, mastitis, myofacsial pain, osteoporosis, prostate cancer, sciatica, shingles,

burn scars, stroke, spinal stenosis, swollen lymph node, weight loss.

JAPANESES RESEARCH - FAR INFRARED BENEFITS:

Aging and Far Infrared Heat Therapy:

The following health challenges have been reported in Japan

to be alleviated or reduced by the use of far infrared therapy:

• Asthma, bronchitis (cleared up).

• Rheumatoid arthritis (7 out of 10 cases resolved in one clinical trial).

• Benign prostatic hypertrophy (reduced).

• Cancer pain (greatly relieved pain in later stages).

• Cirrhosis of the liver (reversed).

• Chroneís Disease (gone).

• Cold hand and feet (a physical therapist discovered 20-50% improvement was maintained).

• Cystitis (gone).

• Duocenal ulcers (eliminated).

• Compression fracture pain.

• Gastritis (relieved).

• Hemorrhoids (reduced).

• Hepatitis (gone).

• High blood pressure (in the case of a diabetic a systolic decrease from 180 to 125 +

• concurrent weight loss).

• Keloids (significantly softened and, in some cases, completely gone).

• Leg ulcers (healed when previously static and resistant to other care).

• Menopause.

• Pain preventing sleep or limiting sleeping positions (relieved).

• Post-surgical adhesions (reduced).

• Radiation sickness (relieved signs and symptoms).

• Sequelae of strokes (Herniparesis relieved over time).

A clinical trial in Japan reported a successful solution for seven out of seven cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated with whole-body far infrared therapy.

Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O and P Medical Clinic in Japan reports success with the use of far infrared heat treatment for the following:

• Acne.

• Arthritis.

• Ear Diseases.

• Gastroenteric Problems.

• Insomnia.

• Menopause.

• Whiplash.

• Sciatica.

• Shoulder Stiffness.

Musculoskeletal Improvements with Far Infrared Heat:

Success has been reported from infrared treatments by Japanese researchers for the following musculoskeletal conditions:

• Arthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid, DJD (each substantially relieved or improved).

• Adhesions (common in competitive athletes, trauma, and repetitive stress syndromes).

• TMJ Arthritis.

• Acel-Decel Injury Sequelae.

• Low-Back Pain (relieved).

• Bursitis (eliminated).

• Brain Contusion (accelerated healing).

• Disc-Protrusion Related Neuralgia.

• Compression Fractures (in one situation pain stopped for three days with one treatment).

• Muscle Tension (relaxed).

• Muscle Spasms (reduced or eliminated).

• Post-Exercise Muscle Pain (good results - vital to competitive athletes).

• Shoulder pain (relieved or improved).

• Spinal Chord Shock (reversed post traumatic shock).

• Tight Shoulders (more relaxed).

• Traumatic Arthritis.

Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions Relieved with Far Infrared Heat:

The Japanese report the following ear, nose, and throat conditions relieved with far infrared heat treatments:

• Body Odor.

• Chronic middle-ear inflammation of infection.

• Clogged pores (unplugged of cosmetics, unexcelled skin texture and tone).

• Dandruff (increased blood flow through the scalp).

• Eczema and Psoriasis (respond well).

• Lacerations (healed quicker with less pain and scarring).

• Nettle rash.

• Nose bleeding (reduced).

• Skin Conditions (improved).

• Teenage skin problems (clearing acne and blackheads).

• Poor skin tone - Scars and pain from burns or wounds (decreased in severity and extent).

• Sore throats.

• Tinitus (chronic severe case cleared with 10 infrared treatments).

• Used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.

http://www.massageclinic.com/flickstein-study.htm

FAR INFRARED SAUNA STUDIES

Please Note: This is a compilation of studies on the use of a far-infrared sauna. These studies were not performed by or for TheraSauna™ or Empire Enterprises. They are here for you to understand and decide for yourself what medical and therapeuitic benefits may help you. The article was written about an older infrared sauna, although it does not name it. TheraSauna™ engineered and built a better sauna, using patented digital controls, special "ceramic" heating elements and better, healthier construction materials.

Infrared Thermal System
by Dr. Aaron M. Flickstein
Copyright 1994
(Re-printed with permission)

Infrared Thermal System for Whole-Body Regenerative Radiant Therapy
Dr. Aaron M. Flickstein

PORTABLE INFRARED THERMAL SYSTEM

The Whole-Body Radiant Thermal System: A Breakthrough in Regenerative Radiant Therapy Provided by a Unique Type of portable Infrared Thermal System

SAFETY OF INFRARED RADIANT ENERGY

Is The Infrared Thermal System Safe For Me?

What exactly is radiant heat? No need to worry -- it has nothing to do with either ultraviolet radiation (which gives you a sunburn and damages your skin) or atomic radiation (the kind from a nuclear bomb).

Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion, without having to heat the air in between. Radiant heat is also called infrared energy (IR). The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into 3 segments by wavelength, measured in microns or micrometers (a micron= 1/1,000,000 of a meter): 0.076-1.5 microns = near or close; 1.5-5.6 = middle or intermediate; 5.6-1000 = far or long wave infrared. The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below or “infra” to red light as the next lowest energy band of light. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but can be seen by special cameras that translate infrared into colors visible to our eyes. We can, however, feel this type of light, which we perceive as heat. Our sun produces most of its energy output in the infrared segment of the spectrum. Our atmosphere has a “window” in it that allows IR rays in the 7-14 micron range to safely reach the earth’s surface. When warmed, the earth radiates infrared rays in the 7-14 micron band with its peak output at 10 microns.

According to Dr. Tsu-Tsair Oliver Chi in his summation on the mechanism of action of infrared devices tuned to the human body, these rays are selectively absorbed by the tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing responses and may require a boost to a maximal level to insure the fullest healing response possible in a tissue under repair. After boosting a tissue’s level to maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called “resonant absorption.”

The sun is the principal source of radiant energy that we experience daily. Have you ever been outside on a partly cloudy spring day of about 50° and felt quite comfortable when suddenly the sun was obscured by a cloud? Although the air temperature had not had time to drop, you felt chilled, as the cloud would not let the warming infrared rays through to reach you. The infrared heat in this health system is just like the heat from our sun or that which our own bodies produce as they burn fuel to keep us warm.

Our Bodies radiate infrared energy out through the skin at 3-50 microns, with most of their output at 9.4 microns. Our palms emit infrared energy at between 8-14 microns. Palm healing, which has a 3,000 year-old tradition in China, has been based on the healing properties of these natural infrared rays. The Yogis of India also use such palm healing and recommend it especially for relieving eyestrain. Sauna use has been popularized by the Finns whose old religion used it as a ceremony for mental, spiritual and physical cleansing. This religion came with the Finns when they migrated from an area northwest of present day Tibet, between 5,000-3,000 years B.C. to their present location in Finland.

Dr. Tadashi Ishikawa received the patent on the zirconia ceramic infrared heaters used in these thermal systems in 1965, after five years with Fuji Medicals R. & D. Department. The thermal systems based on these heaters were used exclusively by medical practitioners in Japan until 1979 when they were released for public use. The idea has now been further refined into the Infrared Thermal System that has been sold in the United States since 1981. Panels that produce similar infrared rays are used in hospitals to warm newborn babies.

The heaters in these IR Thermal Systems emit about one-third of their output in the middle infrared band, from 2-5.6 microns, for super-deep penetration and the other two-thirds in the long band, from 5.6-25 microns with that part of the output evenly spread around the 9.4 micron pivot point of peak human output. This distribution maximizes the higher penetration of the middle-band waves and combines them with the long waves that produce a resonant absorption amplification of healthy tissue output. The Chinese researchers consider the band from 2-25 microns as the most therapeutic.

The source of infrared heat in these Thermal Systems is actually sand, warmed by an electrical resistance coil embedded within it. This is the same luxurious radiant heat we all enjoy while vacationing at the beach. The sand and coil are contained in a long, thin ceramic tube also tuned to our bodies.

This zirconia ceramic emitting tube is shielded by a metallic grill that is covered by a soft coating of suede-tex, and is safe to touch while it is operating.

Recent books such as Cross Currents, by Robert O. Becker, M.D., have detailed the hazards of exposure to certain kinds of electromagnetic fields such as those encountered under high tension power lines or while working at computer display terminals. Japanese researchers have reported that infrared radiant heat antidotes the negative effects of such toxic electromagnetic sources. These Thermal Systems have been tested and found to be free of such so-called “toxic” electromagnetic fields. The Swedish National Institute of Radiation Protection has concluded that the heaters in the Thermal Systems are not dangerous.

ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND AVAILABLE

Why Is This Infrared Thermal System Unique?

It uses infrared radiant energy to directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1 ½ ”. Its energy output is tuned to correspond so closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb close to 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin.

A conventional sauna must rely only on indirect means of heat: First, on convection (air currents) and then, conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce it’s healing effects on us. In an IR Thermal System, less than 20% of the infrared energy heats the air, leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. Thus an IR based system can warm its user(s) to a much greater depth and much more efficiently than a conventional sauna as it’s energy output is primarily used to convert energy directly to heat in us and not to create excessively hot air that then only heats the skin superficially. This crucial difference explains many of the unprecedented benefits reported to be available through an Infrared Thermal System that are not attainable through the use of a conventional sauna.

The infrared energy applied in these thermal systems may induce up to 2-3 times the sweat volume of a hot-air sauna while operating at a significantly cooler air temperature range of 110° to 130° F. vs. 180 to 235° F. for hot-air saunas. The lower heat range is safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risk factors that might be adversely affected by the higher temperatures encountered in old style hot-air saunas. German researchers report beneficial effects from hour long whole-body infrared exposure in two groups of hypertensive patients that they studied in 1989 including a 24-hour long increase in peripheral blood flow and decreases in high blood pressure.
It is distinctly more pleasant to breath air that is from 50°-125° F. cooler while saunaing. Due to its “user-friendly” nature, people naturally prefer to use the Infrared Thermal Systems and will continue to do so on a regular basis due to the ease of breathing much cooler air while feeling as warm as they choose, and to a distinctive feeling of well-being reported by users as an after effect. These Thermal Systems may even be used with the door fully open if the only effect desired is infrared penetration or if a very cool no-sweat experience is desired as in a pre-activity warm-up while fully clothed. This approach might be used in warming up prior to stretching, working out, running or exposure to cold weather.

These IR systems are easier as well as more comfortable to use than old-fashioned hot-air saunas. Hot-air saunas require extensive warm-up periods of 30-90 minutes, making them much less practical than the modern Infrared Thermal Systems, which warm up in only 5-10 minutes from room temperature. Consistent and convenient at-home use is thus, again, much more likely with an IR Thermal System.

Significantly lower operating costs make the Infrared Thermal System more desirable than a regular sauna. A 20-minute session, including a 10-minute warm-up in the Infrared Sauna, costs about 5 cents of electricity. A comparable session with a full warm-up in a conventional sauna costs about $.75 - $1.00. Daily usage of the Infrared Thermal System will raise your electrical bill by only $1.50 a month compared to $22.50 to $30.00 a month in a conventional sauna, if each is used for 20 minutes after warm-up.

These Infrared Thermal Systems bring you the same infrared rays experienced in the traditional American Indian sweat lodge, but in a much more convenient and easily used form, in the privacy of your own home, or office. The cleansing and purifying benefits attributed to the traditional sweat lodges are now available for daily purification without the time-consuming and extremely labor-intensive set-up process that a sweat lodge requires.

HEALTH BENEFITS ATTRIBUTED TO INFRARED RAYS IN REPORTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers and clinicians have done extensive research on infrared treatments and report many provocative findings. In Japan there is an “Infrared Society”, composed of medical doctors and physical therapists, to further research and support the health benefits of infrared as a method of healing. There have been over 700,000 Infrared Thermal Systems sold in the Orient for whole-body treatments, and an additional 30 million people have received localized infrared treatment in the Orient, Europe and Australia with lamps tuned to the same 2-25 micron wave band as employed in these whole-body Thermal Systems. Whole-body infrared therapy has been used for over 80 years by German physicians in an independently developed form.

PASSIVE CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONING EFFECT

The Infrared Thermal System makes it possible for people in wheelchairs, or those who are otherwise unable to exert themselves or who won’t follow through on an exercise and conditioning program to achieve a cardiovascular training effect. This also allows for more variety in any ongoing training program.

“Many of us who run do so to place a demand on our cardiovascular system, not to build big leg muscles. Regular use of a sauna may impart a similar stress on the cardiovascular system, and its regular use may be as effective, as a means of cardiovascular conditioning and burning of calories, as regular exercise.”

- As reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association - August 7, 1981

Due to the deep penetration, over 1 ½ ” into the skin, of the infrared generated by these IR Thermal Systems, there is a heating effect deep in the muscular tissues and the internal organs. The body responds to this deep-heating effect via a hypothalamic-induced increase in both heart volume and rate. This beneficial heart stress leads to a sought after cardiovascular training and conditioning effect. Medical research confirms the use of a sauna provides cardiovascular conditioning as the body works to cool itself and involves substantial increases in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. As a confirmation of the validity of this form of cardiovascular conditioning, extensive research by NASA in the early 1980’s led to the conclusion that infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flights. Blood flow during whole-body hyperthermia is reported to rise from a normal 5-7 quarts per minute to as much as 13 quarts per minute.

“The 1980’s were the decade of high-impact aerobics classes and high mileage training. Yet there was something elitist about the way exercise was prescribed: only strenuous workouts would do, you had to raise your heart rate to between X and Y, the only way to go was to ‘go for the burn.’ And such strictures insured that most ‘real’ exercisers were relatively young and in good shape to begin with. Many, many Americans got caught up in the fitness boom, but probably just as many fell by the wayside. As we’ve reported, recent research shows that you don’t have to run marathons to become fit, that burning just 1,000 calories a week is enough. Anything goes, as long as it burns these calories.”

- As reported in the Wellness Letter, October 1990, from the University of California Berkely.

OUTSTANDING CALORIC CONSUMPTION AND WEIGHT CONTROL

In Guyton’s Textbook of Medical Physiology, we find that producing one gram of sweat requires 0.586 kcal. The JAMA citation referred to above goes on to state that, “A moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off 500 Gms. In a sauna, consuming nearly 300 kcal – the equivalent of running 2-3 miles. A heat-conditioned person can easily sweat off 600-800 kcal with no adverse effects. While the weight of the water loss can be regained by rehydration with water, the calories consumed will not be.” Since an IR Thermal System helps generate two to three times the sweat produced in a hot air sauna, the implications for increased caloric consumption are quite impressive. Assuming “a sauna” as mentioned in JAMA, to last for 30 minutes, some interesting comparisons may be drawn. Two of the highest calorie output forms of exercise are rowing and marathon running. Peak output on a rowing machine or during a marathon run burns about 600 calories in 30 minutes. An Infrared Thermal System may better this effect from “just slightly” to up to 250 %, by burning some 900-2400 calories in a 30-minute session. The Infrared Thermal System might then simulate the consumption of energy equal to that expended in a 6-9 mile run during only a single session.

An Infrared Thermal System can, thus, play a pivotal role in both weight control and cardiovascular conditioning. This would be easily valuable for those who don’t exercise and those who can’t exercise yet want an effective weight control and fitness maintenance program and the benefits that regular exercise can contribute to such a program.

MUSCULOSKELETAL CASES

Success reported with Infrared treatments by Japanese researchers:

* TMJ Arthritis
* Muscle Spasms - reduced or eliminated
* Traumatic Arthritis
* Low Back Pain - relieved
* Acel-Decel Injury Sequelae
* Adhesions – lengthened or more easily broken; they are common in competitive athletes, trauma and repetitive stress syndromes.
* Disc-protrusion Related Neuralgia
* Brain Contusion - accelerated healing
* Tight Shoulders – relaxed
* Compression Fracture - Example: pain stopped for 3 days with only a single treatment
* Post-Exercise Muscle Pain - vital to competitive athletes
* Arthritis: Gouty, Rheumatoid, DJD - each substantially relieved or improved
* Spinal Cord Shock - post traumatic shock reversed
* Shoulder Pain - relieved or eliminated
* Muscle Tension - relaxed
* Bursitis - eliminated

“Medical practitioners make use of Infrared Radiant Heat to treat sprains, strains, bursitis, peripheral vascular diseases, arthritis, and muscle pain…” according to the McGraw/Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology.
Dr. Masao Nakamura of the O&P Medical Clinic in Japan has reported success with the use of infrared treatment for:

* Whiplash
* Rheumatism
* Insomnia
* Menopause
* Gastroenteric Problems
* Acne
* Shoulder Stiffness
* Sciatica
* Ear Diseases
* Arthritis
* Rheumatoid Arthritis

A case study was reported in Sweden of a 70-year-old man with Rheumatoid Arthritis secondary to acute rheumatic fever. He had reached his toxic limit on gold injections and his Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate was still 125. Within 5 months of use of an Infrared Thermal System, his ESR was down to only 11.

In a case of Rheumatic Arthritis in a 14-year-old Swedish girl, who couldn’t walk comfortably downstairs due to knee pain since she had been 8 years old, her Rheumatologists told her mother that her child would be in a wheelchair within 2 years if she refused gold corticosteroid therapy. However, after 3 infrared sauna treatments she began to become more agile and subsequently took up folk dancing, without the aid of the conventional approach in her recovery.

A clinical trial in Japan reported the successful solution of seven out of seven cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis treated with whole-body infrared therapy.

These case studies and the clinical trial indicate that further study is warranted on the use of whole-body infrared therapy in the care of patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

THERAPUTIC HEAT AND COLD

The following is summarized from Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Edition, ED. Justus F. Lehmann M.D., Williams and Wilkins, Chapter 9 or concluded from the data therein.

Generally it is accepted that heat produces the following desirable effects:

1. It increases the extensibility of collagen tissues.
* Tissues heated to 40° C and then stretched exhibit a non-elastic residual elongation of about 0.5-0.9% that persists after the stretch is removed which does not occur in these same tissues when stretched at normal tissue temperatures. Thus 20 stretching sessions can produce a 10-18% increase in length in tissues so heated and stretched.
* This effect would be especially valuable in working with ligaments, joint capsules, tendons, fasciae, and synovium that have become scarred, thickened or contracted.
* Such stretching at 45° C caused much less weakening in stretched tissues for a given elongation than a similar elongation produced at normal tissue temperatures.
* The experiments cited clearly showed that low-force stretching can produce significant residual elongation when heat is applied together with stretching or range-of-motion exercises, which is also safer than stretching tissues at normal tissue temperatures.
* This safer stretching effect is crucial in properly training competitive athletes so as to minimize their “down” time from injuries.
2. It decreases joint stiffness directly.
* There was a 20% decrease in stiffness at 45° C as compared with 33° C in rheumatoid finger joints, which correlated perfectly to both subjective and objective observation of stiffness.
* Any stiffened joint and thickened connective tissues should respond in a similar fashion.
3. It relieves muscle spasms.
* Muscle spasms have long been observed to be reduced through the use of heat, be they secondary to underlying skeletal, joint, or neuropathological conditions.
* This result is possibly produced by the combined effect of heat on both primary and secondary afferents from spindle cells and from its effects on Golgi tendon organs. The effects produced by each of these mechanisms demonstrated their peak effect within the therapeutic temperature range obtainable with radiant heat.
4. It produces pain relief.
* Pain may be relieved via the reduction of attendant or secondary muscle spasms.
* Pain is also at times related to ischemia due to tension or spasm which can be improved by the hyperemia that heat-induced vasodilation produces, thus breaking the feedback loop, in which the ischemia leads to further spasm and then more pain.
* Heat has been shown to reduce pain sensation by direct action on both free-nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves. In one dental study, repeated heat applications led finally to abolishment of the whole nerve response responsible for pain arising from dental pulp.
* Heat may both lead to increased endorphin production and a shutting down of the so-called “spinal gate” of Melzack and Wall, each of which can reduce pain.
5. It increases blood flow.
* Heating of one area of the body produces reflex-modulated vasodilations in distant-body areas, even in the absence of a change in core body temperature; i.e., heat one extremity and the contralateral extremity also dilates; heat a forearm and both lower extremities dilate; heat the front of the trunk and the hand dilates.
* Heating of muscles produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise.
* Temperature elevation produces an increase in blood flow and dilation directly in capillaries, arterioles and venuies, probably through direct action on their smooth muscles. The increase of bradykinin, released as a consequence of sweat-gland activity, also produces increased blood flow and vasodilation.
* Whole-body hyperthermia, with a consequent core temperature elevation, further induces vasodilation via a hypothalamic-induced decrease in sympathetic tone on the arteriovenous anastomoses. Vasodilation is also produced by axonal reflexes and by reflexes that change vasomotor balance.
6. It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates.
* The increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help evacuate the edema, which can help end inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
7. More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy.
* This is a new and experimental procedure.
* It shows great promise in some cases when used properly.
* American researchers favor careful monitoring of the tumor temperature; whereas, the successes reported in Japan make no mention of such precaution.

There have been over 7,000 IR Thermal Systems sold in America, and infrared healing is now becoming the leading edge in the care of soft tissue injuries to promote both relief in chronic or intractable “permanent” cases, and accelerated healing in newer injuries.

Localized infrared therapy using lamps tuned to the 2-25 micron waveband is used for the treatment and relief of pain by over 40 reputable Chinese Medical Institutes.

Researchers reported over 90% success in a summary of Chinese studies that assessed the effect of infrared therapy on:

* Soft tissue injury
* Periarthritis of the shoulder
* Lumbar strain
* Sciatica
* Pain during Menstruation
* Neurodermatitis
* Eczema with infection
* Post-surgical infections
* Facial paralysis (Bell’s Palsy)
* Diarrhea
* Cholecystitis
* Neurasthenia
* Pelvic infection
* Pediatric Pneumonia
* Tineas
* Frostbite with inflammation

Japanese researchers, as reported in the book Infrared Therapy by Dr. Yamajaki, have produced the following provocative results with whole-body infrared thermal systems:

* Burns - relieves pain, and decreases healing time, with less scarring
High Blood Pressure - safe in 40°-50° C range and regular use helps to lower it
* Low Blood Pressure - sauna trains body to raise it
* Brain Damage - accelerated repair in brain contusions
* Short-Term Memory - improved
* Cancer Of The Tongue - reversed
* Toxic Electromagnetic Fields - effects neutralized
* Cerebral Hemorrhages - recovery is both sped up and significantly enhanced
* Auto Accident-Related Soft Tissue Injury - daily sessions were used until best healing was attained; then the Thermal Systems were used to deal with permanent residuals. The pain control effect on the chronic residuals from such injuries lasted three days before another treatment was necessary.
* Arthritis, Acute and Chronic - was greatly relieved
* Gouty Arthritis - relieved
* Rheumatoid Arthritis - relieved
* Menopause Symptoms - relieved chills, nervousness, depression, dizziness, head and stomachaches
* Weight Loss - first, through sweating and the energy use needed to produce the sweat, and second, through direct excretion of fat.

BLOOD CIRCULATION

All of the following ailments may be associated to some degree with poor circulation and, thus, may respond well to the increased peripheral dilation associated with IR application:

* Arthritis
* Neuritis
* Sciatica
* Bursitis
* Backaches
* Rheumatism
* Hemorrhoids
* Strained Muscles
* Nervous Tension
* Fatigue
* Diabetes
* Stretch Marks
* Children’s Over-Tired Muscles
* Menstrual Cramps
* Varicose Veins
* Leg and Decubitus Ulcers (that fail to heal using conventional approaches)
* Post-Operative Edema (treatment with infrared has been so successful that hospital stays were reported to have been reduced by 25%) Peripheral Occlusive Disease “The goal is to maintain an optimal blood flow rate to the affected part … in general the temperature should be maintained at the highest level which does not increase the circulatory discrepancy as shown by cyanosis and pain.” – Therapeutic Heat and Cold pgs. 456-7
* Coronary Artery Disease, Arteriosclerosis and Hypertension

Finnish researchers, talking about the regular use of conventional saunas state that “there is abundant evidence to suggest that blood vessels of regular sauna-goers remain elastic and pliable longer due to the regular dilation and contraction” of blood vessels induced by sauna use. German medical researchers reported in Dermatol Monatsschr in 1989 that a single whole-body session of infrared-induced hyperthermia lasting over one hour had only beneficial effects on subjects with stage I-II essential hypertension. Each subject experienced a rise in core body temperature to a maximum level of 38.5° C. All of the subjects in one experiment had significant decreases in arterial, venous and mean blood pressure that lasted for at least 24 hours and was linked, according to the researchers, to a persistent peripheral dilation effect.

An improvement in plasma viscosity was also noted. Another group of similar hypertensive patients was also studied under the same conditions of infrared-induced hyperthermia, with an eye toward more carefully evaluating the circulatory system effects induced by this type of whole-body heating. During each infrared session there was a significant decrease of blood pressure, cardiac ejection resistance, and total peripheral resistance in every subject. There was also a significant increase during each session of the subjects’ heart rates, stroke volumes, cardiac outputs and ejection fractions. The researchers site these last three effects as evidence that the stimulation of the heart during infrared-induced hyperthermia is well compensated, while the prior list of effects show in clear detail the microcirculatory changes that lead to the desired result of a lowering of blood pressure.

Problems often accompanying ageing that have been reported to have been alleviated or reduced by Infrared Therapy in Japan:

* Menopause
* Cold Hands And Feet - A Physical Therapist found 20-50% improvement was maintained.
* High Blood Pressure - Example: Case of a diabetic with a systolic decrease from 180 to 125 and a concurrent 10 lbs. weight loss after Infrared use.
* Rheumatoid Arthritis - 7 out of 7 cases successfully resolved in one clinical trial.
* Radiation Sickness - Relieves signs and symptoms.
* Cancer Pain - Relieved pain in later stages of cancer extremely well.
* Sequelae Of Strokes - Example: Hemiparesis relieved over time.
* Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy - Reduced.
* Duodenal Ulcers - Eliminated.
* Pain - which prevented sleep, or limited useable sleeping positions, was relieved
* Compression Fracture Pain - Example: pain gone for 3 days after each treatment in osteoporotic compression fractures.
* Hemorrhoids - Reduced.
* Cystitis - Gone.
* Cirrhosis Of Liver - Reversed.
* Gastritis - Relieved.
* Hepatitis - Gone.
* Asthma, Bronchitis - Cleared up (like moving to Arizona’s dry air).
* Chron's Disease - Gone.
* Post-Surgical Adhesions - Reduced.
* Leg Ulcers - Healed when previously static and resistant to other care.
* Keloids - Significantly softened and, in some cases, completely gone.

EAR, NOSE AND THROAT

Conditions relieved with infrared treatments in Japan:

* Chronic middle ear inflammation or infection - In one clinical study of Chronic Serous Otitis Media pathogenic bacteria were isolated on 70% of the subjects studied.
* Sore throats
* Tinitus - Chronic severe case cleared with ten infrared treatments.
* Nose bleeding

SKIN

Conditions benefited by Infrared treatments in Japan and China:

* Nettle rash
* Clogged pores are unplugged of cosmetics creating a skin texture and tone of unexcelled quality. Mikkel Aalands book Sweat (Capra Press, 1978) quotes a Finnish doctor to the effect: “The best dressed foreigner can come into a doctor’s office, and when his skin is examined, it is found to be rough as bark. On the other hand, as a result of the sauna, the skin of any Finnish worker is supple and healthy.”
* Poor skin tone – Restored to a more youthful level.
* Scars and pain from burns or wounds – Decreased in severity and extent.
* Infrared Therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia.
* Lacerations – Healed quicker and with less pain and scarring
* Acne – Three or four Infrared treatments may open pores that have not been functioning in years, forcing out clogging cosmetics and loosening dead outer skin. The sauna is thus a boon to teenage skin, clearing acne and blackheads.
* Body odor – By improving the function of the skin, the Thermal System sauna may eliminate the cause of offensive body odor. It defiantly reduces body odor induced by occupational exposure to odorous chemicals.
* Eczema and Psoriasis – Have reportedly responded extremely well to Infrared treatments.
* Sunburn – According to the Ninth Edition of Clayton’s Electrotherapy, “infrared radiations are the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiations.”
* Keloids – Form at a reduced rate in those prone to their formation with IR Thermal System use and may be softened by use of IR Thermal Systems if they have formed.
* Dandruff – Due to increased blood flow through the scalp.

CONTRAINDICATIONS

As you can see, the segment of the infrared spectrum emitted by the Infrared Thermal System is reputed to offer an astounding range of possible therapeutic benefits and effects in research conducted around the world.

The data presented herein is offered for reference purposes only and to stimulate further observation. No implication of Infrared Thermal Systems creating a cure for or treating any disease is implied nor should it be inferred.

If you have a disease, be certain to consult with a primary-care physician concerning it.

If you are using any prescription drugs, check with your physician or pharmacist for any possible change in the drug’s effect due to any interaction with infrared energy.

It is considered inadvisable to raise the core temperature in someone with Adrenal Suppression, Systematic Lupus Erythematosus or Multiple Sclerosis, by some authorities.

If you have a recent (acute) joint injury it should not be heated for the first 48 hours after an injury or until the hot and swollen symptoms subside. If you have a joint or joints that are chronically hot and swollen, these joints may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind. Vigorous heating is strictly contraindicated in cases of enclosed infections be they dental, in joints or in any other tissues.

If you are pregnant or suspect you may be, discontinue your sauna use. Finnish women use their saunas, which don’t throw heat as deeply into the body, for only 6-12 minutes and reportedly leave at that time, due to perceived discomfort. Their usage at this low level of intensity is not linked to birth defects. IR Thermal System use may be 2-3 times more intense, and comparatively shorter 2-6 minute sessions hardly seem worth any minimal risk they may present.

Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implants generally reflect infrared rays and thus are not heated by this system, nevertheless you should consult your surgeon prior to using an IR Thermal System. Certainly, IR Thermal System use must be discontinued if you experience pain near such implants.

Silicone does absorb infrared energy. Silicone implants or silicone prostheses for nose or ear replacement may be warmed by the infrared rays. Since silicone melts at over 200° C it should not be adversely affected by IR Thermal System use. It is still advised that you check with your surgeon and possibly a representative from the product manufacturer to be certain.

Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase their menstrual flow. Once a woman is aware that this may occur, she can choose to allow herself to possibly experience this short term effect without worry or to simply avoid IR Thermal System use at that time of her cycle.

Hemophiliacs and anyone predisposed to hemorrhage should avoid IR usage or any type of heating that would induce vasodilation which can potentiate the tendency to bleed.

Obviously, should any condition worsen with use of an IR Thermal System, the use of the system should be discontinued.

People do not experience pain using these IR Thermal Systems unless such is contraindicated. If you do, the use of radiant heat is clearly inappropriate for you at that time.

Do not attempt to self-treat any disease with this Infrared Thermal System without direct supervision of a physician.

QUICK HIGHLIGHTS OF SELECTED TOPICS OF INTEREST - BENEFITS REPORTED

Weight Loss: Burns 900-2,400 calories in just one 30-minute session! Here’s how many calories a 150 lb. person normally burns up in 30 minutes of exercise:

SPORT CALORIES

* Rowing (peak effort) 600
* Swimming (crawl stroke) 300
* Jogging 300
* Tennis (fast game) 265
* Chopping Wood 265
* Cycling (10 mph) 225
* Golfing (without a cart) 150
* Walking (3.5 mph) 150
* Bowling 120
* Vigorous Racquet Ball 510
* Marathon Running 593

Some weight loss authorities believe that our bodies use fat to dilute toxins. As an IR Thermal System is an unsurpassed expeller of toxins, it is also a great way to get rid of any fat our bodies are using to dilute toxins we are storing.

Beauty: Excellent for increasing blood circulation to the skin which is essential for beautiful, youthful, glowing skin!
A new “inner glow” as the skin is free of accumulated dirt and dry skin cells, due to deep cleansing of impurities!

* Help for acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts.
* Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring.
* Removes roughness, leaving skin baby smooth and soft again.
* Firms and improves skin tone and elasticity.
* Scars on skin: Scars fully formed, even Keloids, may be gradually softened. Burns and other wounds or incisions may heal with significantly reduced scarring.

Cellulite: Cellulite is a gel-like substance made up of fat, water and wastes which are trapped in pockets below the skin. An Infrared Thermal System can assist this condition, as profuse sweating helps clear this form of unwanted debris from the body. European beauty specialists confirm: a sauna will greatly speed any anti-cellulite program! Due to at least twice the depth of heat penetration into cellulite combined with up to 10 times the level of heating in these tissues an Infrared Thermal System can be significantly more effective than any conventional sauna.

Relieves pain: Effective for arthritis, back pain, muscle spasms, headache, etc.

Injuries: Radiant heat helps with sprains, strains, arthritis, muscle spasms and pain. If you are an athlete, this IR Thermal System is all good news. It allows oxygen debt to be repaid more quickly. That’s likely to lead to improved and quicker healing of sprains and muscle pain for you!

Runners: The Infrared Thermal System is the perfect solution for keeping up with your cardiovascular fitness while avoiding a run on a difficult weather day, days you may want to just skip a workout, or when you need to rest to allow an injury to heal. Also the Infrared Thermal Systems are great for warming up before stretching or starting any vigorous activity. You simply get into the IR Thermal System with your clothes on and allow the infrared rays to pour right through your clothing until you just begin to break a sweat. Now you are pre-warmed for stretching, skiing, running in cold conditions, etc. For the maximal stretching benefit from this system you will need a 40-minute sauna session before your stretching. Research indicates that stretching after a 40-minute IR Thermal System session should produce a ½% permanent increase in your flexibility. Even one 20-minute session may create a temporary increase in your flexibility of up to 10%. As a warm-up, an Infrared Thermal System should help to prevent injuries and enhance your ability to stay with your training program or enjoy any outdoor activity. An Infrared Thermal System is also a great cold weather post-activity warm-up, especially for any frostbitten areas.

Relaxation & enjoyment: Remove stress in the comfortable warm temperature with fresh air vents for easy breathing.

TIPS FOR USE

Please note: #1 below applies to every other infrared sauna on the market. BUT it does not apply to a TheraSauna™! TheraSauna™ uses the only patented control that regulates the far-infrared heat up and down automatically so you get a constant radiant heat "flow" without overheating the sauna.

1. When you first set up your IR Thermal System, we recommend that you turn the thermostat to the maximum level and leave it there. Prior to using your Infrared Thermal System, please run it with the door open for an hour. To regulate the temperature in your system during use, use the roof vent or the door window (by setting it at an angle). If you feel the need for more cooling, simply open the door until you feel comfortable. By leaving the thermostat at the highest setting you will get continuous output from the Infrared heaters in your unit.
2. Drink liquids prior to and after your session. Water works just fine. Use the best quality water available to you. Eating a piece of fruit is helpful to replace potassium. The typical American diet can replace phosphorous which is lost through perspiration. Magnesium is replaceable through green leafy vegetables or supplementation. Some facts about Gatorade: the “energy” Gatorade supplies to muscles is SUGAR. The “fluids” are water. And the “minerals” are salt (110 mg of sodium and 97 mg of chlorine), 25 mg of potassium and 24 mg of phosphorous. Americans eating an average diet of commercial food already consume too much salt and phosphorous. And while many people could use a little more potassium, there is more than 25 mg in a TABLESPOON of orange juice.
3. If you shower or bathe before your Infrared Thermal System session, you may sweat more; try it with and without first bathing or showering and see which you prefer.
4. Use at least 2-3 towels. (A) Sit on one towel folded over several times for added cushioning. (B) Use another towel on the floor to absorb extra sweat. (C) A third towel draped over the knees may aid you in comfort and is useful to towel of sweat as you sauna.
5. At the first sign of cold or flu, increasing your sauna sessions may be beneficial in boosting your immune system and decreasing the productive rate of the viruses. Consult your physician for the proper treatment for this or any other condition.
6. As you become more heat conditioned you may wish to increase the length of your sessions to 40 minutes or longer. This is especially useful if desiring to heat soft tissues to their optimal temperature prior to stretching to attain a non-elastic, lasting elongation. Obviously you will need to rehydrate very thoroughly and be sure to properly support your mineral balance. Certainly, consult your doctor about your individual usage. Many users report that they feel increasingly comfortable with longer sessions, some as long as 1 ½ hours. On other days these same people “feel finished” with their session after 30-40 minutes of usage.
7. To treat your ankles and feet more effectively you must elevate them while in your IR Thermal System. Any area that you wish to achieve a specific deep heating effect in should be moved as close to one of the heaters as feels comfortable.
8. Should you notice any drying of your skin with ongoing use of your IR Thermal System or should you wish to maximize the detoxification benefits from your IR Thermal System it is suggested that you obtain the best quality oil available to you (i.e. expeller pressed oil such as Hain’s organic canola oil, Hain’s All Blend oil) and add 2-4 tablespoons a day to your diet. The essential oils in these products are needed for skin health in the first instance, and to allow the body to let go of stored toxins, fat and cholesterol in the second.

End

Copyright 1994

http://www.wilsoncounselling.com/research_on_far_infrared.htm

Reversing The Aging Process - an Enlightened Doctor's Discovery

©Copyright 1999 by Dr. Fouad I. Ghaly, M.D.

"Are you expecting me to believe that a spectrum of sunlight can cause healing for pains in joints and muscles, as well as lower cholesterol and slow down aging? It seems a little far-fetched to me." I held back harsher criticism only out of respect for my colleague as our conversation continued. He seemed undaunted by my skepticism. "Out of nine of my patients with chronic knee problems, in the eight that I applied the FAR Infrared knee wraps on, I have seen a dramatic improvement, three of whom are completely pain free. How would you explain that?

Another patient who suffers from extreme intestinal dysbiosis has recovered, and several of my elderly patients with spinal problems have reported improvement in range of motion and relief from pain using a FAR Infrared waistwrap. I myself have tried it. My shoulder doesn't hurt when I apply compresses of the same material, even after a long day at work. My family and friends have noticed a change in my energy levels, as well as my personality. I feel ten years younger!"

"Listen, I know you're excited, and it sounds impressive, but is this just a new gimmick? Are you sure it's not all working because you want it to work?" Understandably, I have to qualify information that comes to me. At this point in my career, I am getting accustomed to these calls. It seems that the medical field itself is going through a transition, and the doctors I associate with are increasingly more interested in non-traditional methods, as long as the treatments work. Many of my patients also often enlighten me on alternative perspectives on health

. Over the years, I have witnessed the limits of my expertise in chemical and surgical procedures and medications for certain conditions. Therefore, although I am still a sound supporter of allopathic medicine in the treatment of contagious diseases, I am perpetually intrigued to find new ways to expand my abilities to help my patients.

Still, his claims did seem a little too incredible to be true, and I immediately shelved it in my mind under "U" for unbelievable. Yet, my investigative mind spurred me to embark on a search for more quantifiable research on far-infrared light and negative ions, both of which were key factors in the effectiveness of the wraps being used. The following is a limited report on my findings:
Light Medicine of the future?

Light medicine has been a topic well documented since the early 1900's. Even as far back as 1870, Dr. Pleasanton, a researcher in the United States, published research showing the relationship between light frequency and the rate of growth of cells and tissues, as well as their rate of cell division.1 Specific wavelengths affect our metabolism and our aging process, according to "enlightened" scientists. Dr. Harry Riley Spitler, M.D., O.D., proved in his book that light plays an important role in regulating the autonomous nervous system, as well, pointing out how certain spectrums of light are crucial to our daily wellbeing, emotionally and physically.2

Previously, I was only familiar with laser light treatments used to tone and rejuvenate skin, reducing lines and improving blemishes. I am more interested at present in the beneficial effects of the application of specific spectrums of natural light for overall health. One study presented by Dr. Zane Kime, M.D., stated that sunlight is a leading factor in strengthening the body's resistance to infectious diseases, increasing the oxygen capacity of the blood, and improving stress tolerance. Laboratory experiments supporting his study show that exposure to sunlight increases lymphocytes and neutrophils, and reduces the frequency of colds and respiratory infections.3

Dr. Richard Wurtman, Professor of Endocrinology at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, stated that wavelengths of light are almost as important as vitamins and minerals to the body's proper functioning.4 Without proper nutrients or oxygen, our body suffers. How much so also does our health suffer considering our modern life, with our severe lack of natural light?
What is the Healthiest Spectrum of Light?

Unfortunately, the wavelength of light that is the most beneficial to the body is often the one we are exposed to the least, due to pollution and everyday lifestyle. The spectrum of light that appears to be most resonant with cell tissues seems to lie within the far infrared spectrum. Studies suggest that far infrared light stimulates the production of cell tissue and rapidly promotes the regeneration of skin and blood tissue in areas exposed to it.5 This could also prove to be especially helpful in the recovery of wounds and following surgery in preventing the formation of scar tissue.

One of the first pioneers in the field was Dr. Neils Finsen, who was curing lesions and variola using red and infrared rays. More recent research performed by Tiina Karu, M.D., of the Laser Technology Center in Russia, holds that this spectrum of light speeds up cellular metabolic processes, like stimulating the activity of mitochondria, and triggering enzyme activity as well as the healing, regeneration, and normalization of damaged cell tissue. Obviously, although we can receive this light from spending time in the sun, excessive exposure to certain rays, such as Ultraviolet Rays (UV) in sunlight can be damaging to our system. I see it in my patients who have spent years baking on the beaches.

The first research on isolating, or mimicking far infrared light was done through NASA decades ago. Recently, several scientists in Japan extended this technology, and designed a way to create fibers to be worn on the body that emit wavelengths the same as natural far infrared light from the sun, yet much more concentrated. The material itself was formed primarily out of several minerals with piezoelectric qualities, such as tourmaline and serpentine. The raw materials were highly costly, so the technology was not popularly used.

A breakthrough in 1994 caused the production of the "FAR Infrared" wraps that my associate had been using with great results. A textile engineer discovered how to mix the piezoelectric substances with a mineral oxide without minimizing the beneficial effects that the substance had on the body. A separate discovery was made in which the fibers themselves could be minimized in size (quite possibly one of the smallest diameter fibers created to date, being several times thinner than human hair). This maximized the amount of surface area, thus amplifying the amount of energy within a limited area of material. Therefore, even a thin, wearable wrap could be easily worn undistinguished under clothes, and comfortably worn. These FAR Infrared wraps were created for use on the following areas: Waist wraps, for digestive region and backaches, knee wraps, elbow wraps and wrist wraps for use on areas prone to joint and muscle injuries, and ankle wraps, which have been reported to be beneficial for foot problems as well as swelling or poor circulation. The manufacturers even created a blanket and mattress to generate the far infrared benefits to the entire body while sleeping, or relaxing.

I have found several studies that suggest the benefits of using far infrared light on injuries: The American Journal of Geriatrics has published a study in which elderly patients experienced an improvement of pain and disability from degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee. A fully randomized, partially double-blind trial resulted in a pain reduction of more than 50% within the group using the therapy, whereas there was no significant improvement in the placebo group. Studies done with Magnetic Resonance Imaging suggest a more rapid recovery from muscle fatigue, as you can see in the images.

Fig. 1. After 30 minutes exercise;
dark parts indicate muscle
fatigue (due to build-up of lactic acid)

Fig. 2. Instead of the usual 2-3 hours,
the FAR Infrared products help
muscles recover within 20 minutes only

Based on my colleague's recommendation, and my curiosity, I have tried some of the products personally, and have found benefits on physical ailments, as well as emotional and athletic benefits. At this point, I had decided to look further into the explanation behind the miracle benefits.
Staying healthy and youthful - beyond exercise and nutrition

Dr. Zane Kime, M.D., in his book "Sunlight"6 holds up the findings that sunlight exposure is similar to physical exercise in its effects on the body, as it improves the balance of blood pressure, blood sugar, and an increase in oxygen in the cells, muscle strength, vitality and mental stability. Natural spectrums of light found in sunlight, for example, are essential for bone growth as well as preventing osteoporosis, regulating hormonal functions as well as immune functions. It has occurred to me that light may be a great help to patients who cannot exercise, because of health reasons, age, or lifestyle inhibitions.
The Anti-Aging Factor

As we age, we all experience a shift in our hormones, and researchers now feel this change is responsible for many of the maladies we associate with aging, such as menopause, sleeplessness, fatigue, arteriosclerosis, and others. In his research in Pennsylvania at the Thomas Jefferson Medical School, Dr. George Brainard has stated that light affects the hormonal balance of the body, in levels of melatonin, prolactin, cortisone, testosterone, TS4, LH, FSH, T3, and thyroid hormones. John Ott, a modern pioneer in this subject, attributes these affects to a process similar to the photosynthesis process in plants. In this process, light is converted by the body into electrochemical impulses that are sent to the pineal and pituitary glands, which send the hormones through the body's central nervous system to all the cells of the body.

The hormones affected through this process and the functioning of these glands are the growth hormone, thyroid hormone(TSH), adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), prolactin, oxytoxin, melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH), and anti-diuretic hormone. Therefore, light is essential to the functioning of our entire endocrine system.7 As hormone replacement has mixed results at times, it is possible that in the future, doctors will prescribe light for therapy, in forms such as the FAR Infrared wraps.

Common problems associated with lifestyle and aging, such as hypertension and osteoporosis, headaches and digestive problems, are attributed by some scientists to be the result of excess acidity in our system.

The American Medical Journal found that in patients with bone loss, alkalizing their system caused a decrease in bone loss. Their conclusion was that our typical American diet is acid-producing.8 The acids deposited in our blood are often stored by the body in forms of cholesterol, fatty acid, uric acid, and other villains that cause havoc in our system.9

Sang Whang, the author of "Reverse Aging" claims that these excess acids can be eliminated with the use of far infrared products, along with consuming certain alkaline minerals and foods.10 The far infrared resonance heats up the internal temperature of the body, increasing circulation, thus enabling the blood to melt out the acidic toxins that have been deposited for years in one's arteries. A study done on carotid artery buildup showed an increase in blood flow within the artery after two nights of the subject sleeping on the FAR Infrared mattress, for an average of 10 hours a night.11 As a doctor, I cannot recommend the wraps, as they are not FDA approved in this country as therapies for these particular maladies. However, if I were personally a sufferer of hypertension, or chronic arthritis, or any systemic problem, I would use the FAR Infrared mattress or wraps for my own health.
Negative Ions

The other element contained within the FAR Infrared technology that I investigated was the negative ions that were claimed to increase with the use of it. Nature's "life enhancing particles", negative ions, are molecules with an extra electron, discovered in 1899 by two scientists named Elster and Geitel. Mice live longer in certain cases when exposed to negative ions. They have been linked to killing germs, and preventing infections. Dr. Igho Hart Kornblueh, a physician, found that patients recovered 57% faster from surgery when exposed to large doses of negative ions. It has also been found that negative ions seem to help with allergies, migraines, and sinus problems.12

Although negative ions are plentiful in nature (occurring at almost twice the amount near the ocean or waterfalls as normal), our environment is sadly lacking these energetic boosters. Dr. William Rea, Chief of surgery at Brookhaven Medical Center in Texas, states that "Most houses don't breathe like they used to". Steel and concrete absorb most of the available negative ions in the atmosphere, and plastics have a positive static charge, so that the amount of negative ions that we receive is extremely minimal.

Emotional problems? Blame it on the ions, or the lack of them. The opposite of negative ions, positive ions, are particles with a missing electron. In certain courts, the issue of winds that bring in positive ions has been used as an excuse for erratic and criminal behavior. On the contrary, negative ions promote alpha brain waves, creating a calming effect. Dr. Albert P. Krueger, an American scientist well respected for his extensive work with ions, discovered that negative ions affect the rate at which serotonin is oxidized in the bloodstream. Serotonin is secreted by the pineal glands and intestines, and affects sleep, mood, nerve-impulses, blood-clotting, and contraction of smooth muscles. It is most popularly associated with feelings of security, peace, and satisfaction. Negative ions have been shown to reduce neurosis and anxiety.13 This may explain why so many people sing in the shower, or why one can't seem to fully wake up without one. When the water falls in the shower, it creates negative ions. Negative ions are also found plentifully around waterfalls and oceans. Vasil'yev, a Russian ion pioneer, showed in the 1970's that ions act on the endings of pulmonary afferent nerve fibers, and alter the functional state of the central nervous system, and through it, the peripheral organs.

The FAR Infrared material that I research also was shown to increase the rate of negative ions. This should be a relief for all of us who don't live or work at waterfalls or on the ocean shore. The people that I interviewed seemed to notice the calming effect of wearing the wraps, although they weren't told of this effect prior to wearing them.

As I approach my upper years, I am elated to use technology such as this to enhance my daily life, and increase my chances of living healthy long past my 90th birthday. I hope that you have the same opportunity.

References

1. Articles on Light Therapy
2. The Syntonic Principle, 1941, Harry Riley
Spitler, M.D., O.D.
3. Sunlight, Zane Kime, M.D., Pengrove, CA, World Health Publications, 1980
4. Articles on Light Therapy
5. Ibid, pg 278
6. Sunlight, Zane Kime, M.D., Pengrove, CA, World Health Publications, 1980
7. Articles on Light Therapy, pg261
8. New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 330, June 23, 1994
9. Reverse Aging, JSP Publishing,
Sang Whang 1990
10. Ibid
11. Mitsui Hospital Research Lab, Japan
12. Negative Ions, Vitamins of the Air? Jim Karnstedt and Don Strachan

Why are Negative Ions so Healthy?

When water is atomized, negative and positive charges are separated. Ions (charged particles) are formed when enough energy acts on a molecule such as carbon dioxide, oxygen, water or nitrogen to eject an electron. The displaced electron attaches itself to a nearby molecule, which then becomes a negative ion. The original molecule (minus an electron) is now a positive ion. These ions, in turn, react with dust and pollutants to form larger particles. Small negative ions (usually no more than 12 gaseous molecules clustered around a charged atom or molecule) are short-lived and highly mobile. We can find negative ions in nature. For example, molecules which are torn from the surface of water bear a negative charge (small negative ions) whereas large drops or the entire mass of water are positive.

This provides an explanation for the refreshing, invigorating effect of residences close to a waterfall or spring, or even after rain. However, in the cities, in closed rooms, in cars etc., the proportion of negative ions is markedly reduced compared with undisturbed nature. According to the experts, positive ions rob us of our good senses and dispositions, while negative ions enhance them, stimulating everything from plant growth to the overall well-being of the human body.

Some of the reactions which improve physical and mental capacity have since become known:

* Negative ions accelerate the oxidative degradation of serotonin whereas positive ions have the opposite action and inactivate the enzymes which break down serotonin. An increase in serotonin level produces:
a) tachycardia
b) a rise in blood pressure
c) bronchialspasm going as far as asthma attack
d) increased intestinal peristalsis (contractions and
dilations of the intestines to move the contents onwards)
e) increased sensitivity to pain
f) increased aggression
* A decrease in the serotonin level is calming and increases defenses against infection (as proven with influenza the flu)
* Negative ions produce an increase in hemoglobin/oxygen affinity so that the partial oxygen pressure in the blood rises but the partial dioxide pressure decreases. This results in reduced respiratory rate and enhances the metabolism of water-soluble vitamins. In addition, negative ions produce an increase in pH making body fluids more alkaline.

Far Infrared Light

For centuries, scientists have known that plants are dependent upon sunlight for photosynthesis. But, only recently has science recognized the similarities between humans and plants in their dependence upon light.

Today, we know that energy from the sun's rays, photons, controls vital processes in both plants and people. In humans, photons are the catalyst for the production of sugars, fats, and proteins. Photons stimulate the endocrine system, metabolic processes and enzyme reactions as well as activities in the brain.

When this connection is disturbed, disorders follow. For example, when enzymes in the body's cells, which should normally be activated, fail to receive the proper wave lengths of light, they remain dormant. As a result, they cannot start up normal, cellular metabolic reactions. This translates into lower cellular energy, glandular insufficiencies and reduced ability to burn fats and toxins.

Solar energy from the sun covers a broad energy band including infrared, visible light, ultra-violet, x-rays and gamma rays. Only a small amount of these solar rays are visible as colors. The greatest amount of the sun's energy output is in the infrared segment of the spectrum. This band of light is not visible but can be felt as heat.

The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wave frequencies and wave lengths. Wave lengths are measured in microns (mm), which are one millionth of a meter: Near Infrared: 0.76-1.5 mm; Middle: 1.5-5.6 mm; Far: 5.6-1000 mm. A narrow spectrum between 4 to 14 microns has been shown to have particularly beneficial effects on the body.

Among the total spectrum of solar rays coming from the sun, the FIR waves are the safest and the most beneficial. For example, the visible light spectrum, with very short wave lengths, is reflected away from the body. When near (NIR) waves heat organic substances the surface gets hotter than the interior, and the interior gets heated by conduction from the surface. By contrast, far-infrared penetrates deeply with a very uniform warming effect.
Benefits of FIR waves

All humans send and receive FIR waves. The range of infrared waves generated by the body is 3 to 50 microns. The greatest output is around 9.4, which is very close to the resonant frequency of a water molecule. This similarity makes sense since our bodies are almost 70% water.

Any substances with similar resonance can absorb energy from each other easily. Consequently, when you are close to someone, you are both sending and receiving FIR energy. When heated, our planet emits FIR waves at around the 10 micron level as do most organic substances and plants. The FIR waves between 4 to 14 microns, sometimes called Vital Rays, appear to have special regenerative effects on the body.
When any tissue in the body is exposed to FIR waves, whether radiated by sunlight, reflected by specially coated fabrics or ceramic panels, there is a rapid increase in warmth which can shown by thermography. This heat plus the activation of several other response mechanisms stimulates the healing processes. For example, FIR waves?

* increase blood flow by promoting dilation (expansion) of the micro-circulatory system of capillaries.
* reduce muscle spasms as muscle fibers are heated.
* remove toxins from the site receiving FIR waves.
* assist in the reduction of swelling and inflammation by improving lymph flow.
* reduce soreness through direct action on both free nerve endings in tissues and on peripheral nerves.

At the cellular level, researchers have discovered that specific FIR waves lengths:

* stimulate enzyme activity.
* promote the adhesion and osmosis of water molecules across the cellular membrane.
* attract calcium ions to the cellular membrane.

FIR waves reduce acidity

FIR waves, reflected from wraps and blankets to the body, provide concentrated radiant energy, similar to that from the sun. FIR wraps, applied directly to overworked muscles, reduce lactic acid while FIR blankets often provide an overall reduction in general body acidity during sleep.
Medical application FIR technology

One of the reasons FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is the ability of FIR waves to remove toxins, which are often at the core of many health problems. Since humans are bio-accumulators, numerous toxins, that cannot be removed immediately after entry, are stored in our bodies. For example, when toxic gases such as sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide or toxic substances such as lead, mercury or chlorine meet large water molecules, they are encapsulated by the clusters of water. Where these toxins are accumulated, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired.

However, when a 10 micron FIR wave is applied to these large water molecules, the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms which are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.

Diets and exercise do work to a certain extent, but there are scientific products developed in Japan that can help you get rid of the accumulated acidic toxins more easily and effortlessly. These products work no matter how busy you are, how old you are or how lazy you may be. As with diets and exercises, the results are not overnight; however, the process is the fastest among the methods using the natural process.

The problem is that the acid accumulation in our body is slow and our body adapts to it, so that we do not notice the fact that we are getting sick and old. By the time one feels pain caused by the acid accumulation, the damage is severe. One must start the process of reducing acidic wastes before the pain starts.

Back
Top Bottom