Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

mamadrama

The Living Force
A while ago, I tried out the therapeutic massage beds made by Migun. They use far infared and negative ion techonology to enhance the simulaiton of chiropractic, acupressure, acupuncture, massage, and moxibustion. I have been trying to research the possible efficacies and/or dangers of far infared and negative ion therapies that are used by Migun since then, but have not been able to find much more than the small studies quoted on their website. Does anyone have any information or resources they can share to help me with this? The company makes amazing claims about the potential health benefits of their product but I would like some other sources. Any leads or ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Migun, Far Infared, and Negative Ion Therapy

A year or two ago we bought a FAR infrared portable sauna thingy. It didn't last long, so I can't really tell about it. BUT, I do know that regular infra-red lamps are great for all kinds of things. I get the big bulbs they use for treating horses and it's in a reflector lamp thing with a clamp holder and I can clamp it on the head of my bed and take a nap under the light. It is VERY soothing and has helped my various pains and injuries a lot. I highly recommend it and it's not expensive.

Thanks, Laura. I found the beds to be incredibly relaxing, too and somewhat therapeutic but I did have one side effect that caused me some concern. After using the bed, at times I would get this sort of motorized type of circuit sensation that is kind of hard to describe. It was like this sort of hum of energy that I would feel inside my body that would vibrate strongly and then suddenly cease for a moment creating a complete stillness and then resume again a little less noticeably. Intially, I thought maybe my body was just being hypersensitive to the electrical current used to operate the bed but it lasted months after I used the bed so now I'm not sure.

Laura, may i ask what is a 'FAR infrared portable sauna thingy', coming from Finland i just have to know what they've done now(to the sauna concept)

mamadrama said:
After using the bed, at times I would get this sort of motorized type of circuit sensation that is kind of hard to describe. It was like this sort of hum of energy that I would feel inside my body that would vibrate strongly and then suddenly cease for a moment creating a complete stillness and then resume again a little less noticeably.
Maybe feeling energy moving in your body isn't a bad thing? It happened to me years ago (very similar to what you describe) after an initial acupuncture treatment.

Is there a link where I can see this gadget you are using?

clerck de bonk said:
Laura, may i ask what is a 'FAR infrared portable sauna thingy', coming from Finland i just have to know what they've done now(to the sauna concept)
Well, LOL! Here's a website that talks about them
_http://www.all-about-saunas.com/

It says the following:

A relatively new type of sauna has emerged in recent years. Unlike traditional saunas that use wood or electric stoves to heat them, this new sauna uses infrared heaters. In traditional saunas the heater heats the air of the sauna but infrared heaters only heat the people and objects – not the air.

Because the air is not heated, infrared heaters can be used anywhere – even outdoors – and still have a heating effect on human bodies. They are used in sauna enclosures simply for the atmosphere – people are used to going into saunas and may be more comfortable in an enclosure than in an open space.

Infrared is actually a frequency band of light that is invisible to the human eye. The heat from infrared is sometimes called Infrared Radiation (IR) – very different from Ultraviolet Radiation that can cause sunburn or Atomic radiation from nuclear weapons. Most of the heat that warms the earth is IR from the sun, and the earth and even the human body gives off IR.

Proponents of infrared saunas say that they have even more therapeutic properties than traditional saunas...
On this page _http://www.toolsforwellness.com/81056.html is an image kind of like the one I got though this one costs about three times what I paid for mine. Maybe that's why mine didn't last very long.

Laura said:
Maybe feeling energy moving in your body isn't a bad thing? It happened to me years ago (very similar to what you describe) after an initial acupuncture treatment.

Hi Laura,

I have been using the original chi -machine for a month now and may i say that i feel my energy moving in my body.

I do it twice a day of which once just before going to sleep and it did improve my sleep quite a lot.
As far as it concerns my health, as i have back problems, so far i can say that it has improved my health in that area too.

My daughter has been using it for two weeks and she enjoys it too ans she feels the energy moving too.

Here is the link: For France: _http://www.chimachine4u.com/french.html (in french_
or _http://www.chimachine4u.com/ (in english)

In Canada and in Japan it is even considered a medical device because it can improve your heath.

But you have to buy the original one not a clone one.

"...but infrared heaters only heat the people and objects – not the air."

Hmmm, sounds like certain kitchen equipment to me...

If you ever visit Finland do try a real 'savusauna'(hard to get by these days) where the hole logcabin is warm(which is the purpose by the way). Be sure though not to touch the walls.

laura said:

I have been studying meditation and energy activation, subtle energy fields of the body, and esoteric healing for the past two years and have become increasingly sensitive and accustomed to detecting various energies. Anyway, the energy after the beds just felt different from the different subtle energies I have been learning to detect. The onset had such a mechanized feel to it that it made me feel a little uneasy if that makes any sense. And of course it could be attributed to many things. It could be my body releasing some kind of blockage, or perhaps I'm getting more sensitive to the cranial/sacral rhythm of my body, I'm not sure but it kind of puzzles me. So I'm just trying to make sure there's nothing harmful in using this technology. The massage bed feels great. If we're sure we're not frying our DNA or anything, then I highly recommend it.

laura said:

http://migunworld.com/

That's some critter! Looks great! I'd LOVE to try it but it's way out of my budget!

laura said:
I'd LOVE to try it but it's way out of my budget!

Laura, there is a Migun showroom in France. I have no idea if this is anywhere near you but if it is, they have a policy(at least in the US) that you can use the beds in the showroom for free as long as you like. There is no pressure to buy a bed. Where I live, people line up outside the showroom in the morning, to start their day on the bed. If the French showroom is anywhere near you, you may want to go check it out. :)
Laurel

Schwa-Medico France 30 rue Joffre, 68250 Rouffach, France
0033-3894-97361

Since my last post I've read Dr. Sherry Rogers' book "Detoxify or Die." She is a great advocate of the Infra-red sauna and says that it is the ONLY way to really detox heavy metals, environmental chemicals, and all kinds of evil stuff. She gives instructions on how to do it, what supplements to take before and after sauna, etc. It's a good book and since I have the infra-red blanket sauna, I'm going to try her program for a month. She claims it can cure about everything, including congestive heart failure, auto-immune disease, etc.

I highly recommend the book for those who have tried about everything and still are having issues.

Re: Migun, Far Infared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Laura, I would like to have a small analysis from you on this "thingy" after your month in infrared heaven is up... If it isn't too much to ask that is.

clerck de bonk said:
Laura, I would like to have a small analysis from you on this "thingy" after your month in infrared heaven is up... If it isn't too much to ask that is.

The month isn't up yet, but I can report at this point that I have had some significant improvements.

I fasted for two weeks in July, followed by going pretty much on the macrobiotic diet excluding most grains, concentrating on legumes, vegetables, and a little fish and meat. After I felt stronger, I started the sauna program on August 2nd. (The day of the above post).

I am up to 90 minutes in the sauna blanket per day, (I skip maybe one day a week), at 55 degrees C. The swelling in my extremities is almost completely gone, episodes of atrial fibrillation have decreased to almost never, the brain fog is gone, my system is totally regular, and I actually feel a bit of real energy now and again.

According to Rogers, a month can show significant improvements. I suspect that, because of my high-stress life and all the damage I did to my system for so many years that it will take at least 3 months to completely normalize for me.

Also consider that I have had five children, five major surgeries, multiple severe injuries over many years, and the most recent surgery in April. I'm still recovering from that.

So, all in all, even at this early stage, I think I can give the infra-red sauna a hearty recommendation. I DO feel better and, for me, having the edema that has plagued me for some years now just kind of go away is a miracle.

I have to agree that FIR products are wonderfully healing for a variety of complaints.
I was given one as a gift because I always complain of being cold.
I like to have it high enough to get a good sweat for about 40 minutes and have also noticed increased energy, clearer skin and a general feeling of better health.
The one I am using is linked below.

http://www.promolife.com/alternative-therapies/far-infrared-therapy/thermal-heating-bags-pads-beds/far-infrared-thermal-energy-heat-sauna-blanket/prod_964.html

More update on the FAR infrared sauna. At this point, I can tell you that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am SO happy to have my energy and health restored to the point that it is that I want everyone to try it!

Last night we recorded an interview with Mark Givert of www.get-fitt.com which is where I got my FAR infrared blanket. We'll be getting it up on sott asap and I'll be writing a short article about it to go with the podcast.

Mark flew down and stayed with us a couple of days and we were able to ask all our questions about the FAR infrared treatment. Mark, himself, came to it because of serious health problems and he was doing it long before it was "on the radar" and has since done a LOT of research. He is also involved with a number of professional researchers who are using the therapy for people with serious, debilitating illnesses, including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, etc. He told us about many cases that, unfortunately, did not make it onto the podcast but will later be included in a book that we are urging him to write.

When Mark began his therapy, the FAR infrared devices did not have temperature controls so it was basically a low level of heat. Apparently, this low heat is extremely effective all by itself. He told us about a woman who was in terminal stages of cancer who got in her FAR infrared sauna and stayed in it all day following which, she had a deep "detox reaction" and her cancer went into remission.

Since the FAR infrared acts directly on the mitochondrial energy production mechanism in the body, there are some people who can only tolerate a little of it because of their toxic overload. The minute their body gets a little energy from the infrared, the body starts detoxing and they have the Herxheimer reaction pretty severely, so they have to go slow and easy.

While cranking up the heat until you sweat is an added benefit, I'm glad to know that the lower temps are as beneficial because that means I can spend more time in the sauna which I am going to start doing today!

Back
Top Bottom