Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Re: FIR Sauna - Carbon Fiber vs. Ceramit Heaters

Flat Plate Solid Ceramic Concave
Flat plate solid ceramic concave emitters are solid ceramic and have 95% far infrared emission, a low wattage (163 watts) and low surface temperature which provides an ideal wavelength. It’s currently the only known far infrared emitter that meets the two criteria listed in the section above, making it an ideal far infrared emitter.

Have a look at a solid concave emitters here.http://www.prohealthsauna.com/u-heaters.html

Quinault said:
Hi Mrs. Peel,

I'm also agonizing over all the details of IR saunas at the present. The only thing I'd add to this discussion is to bear in mind that you often get what you pay for. The cheapest units are often made with inferior wood which may warp over time, may contain toxic glue (for obvious reasons, not the best thing to inhale if you're aiming to detox), may not have a safe electrical system, etc. Make sure the company stands by their product, preferably with a lifetime warranty and nationally recognized safety certification.

Good luck in your search!

So true, there should be no varnish or glue and some use cedar wood which as a strong smell. The thickness of the wall can differ as well, single or double and some may even use plywood. You can read about it here http://www.prohealthsauna.com/in-wood1.html

Mrs. Peel said:
Well, I get occasional e-mails from the promlife.com site where I bought my blanket and I checked their saunas out, and read this article:

http://www.promolife.com/sauna-comparison/info_19.html

Thanks for the reminder on the promolife article. I remember reading it last year but forgot completely about it. There's one ambiguous entry in the heater comparison regarding "Clearlight" saunas. There appears to be two unconnected companies that sell/market saunas under the Clearlight name (one US based, one Canadian) and the article doesn't specify which one was tested.

Thanks for the articles and comments :) - am looking into a FIR Sauna for detox regime and also came across an article here; _http://www.farnorthsaunas.com/emfr-warning on EMFR studies with the average mG (milligauss)of saunas being 55 mG and this manufacturer; looks like a add-on, being 1.3 mG. The manufacturer states they worked very hard to lower the mG ratings based on their consulting physicians requirements with some kind of TM reducer.

Don't know how critical this could be based on exposure time, but they seem very committed to lowering the EMFR dose.

Parallax said:
Thanks for the articles and comments :) - am looking into a FIR Sauna for detox regime and also came across an article here; _http://www.farnorthsaunas.com/emfr-warning on EMFR studies with the average mG (milligauss)of saunas being 55 mG and this manufacturer; looks like a add-on, being 1.3 mG. The manufacturer states they worked very hard to lower the mG ratings based on their consulting physicians requirements with some kind of TM reducer.

Don't know how critical this could be based on exposure time, but they seem very committed to lowering the EMFR dose.

I just purchased a sauna that uses carbon fiber heaters, it will be delivered next Wednesday. I'm excited about it! :clap:

Mrs. Peel said:
I just purchased a sauna that uses carbon fiber heaters, it will be delivered next Wednesday. I'm excited about it! :clap:

Right on Mrs. Peel :thup:

Mrs. Peel said:

Congratulations Mrs. Peel!

I took delivery of my sauna (also w/carbon fiber emitters) a bit over a week ago. Seems to work as advertised! :D

Black swan.The energy that you describe sounds an awful lot like the hum i got the one time i was able to let go of my fear and conciously astrally project.i have been having sleep paralysis since i was a kid,as well as lucid dreams,etc.i found one evening that i was able to stand up to the icky entity things that seem to be pretty universal with sp,and while paralized i was able to totally relax.I broke through tendency to panic and wake myself.While foing this i was able to lift out of my body and flout to the ceiling.The vibrations that i experienced is what i am talking about.As i started to actually lift out and feel like a sort of fluid pull,the vibrations got so loud and intense,yet it didnt bother me.perhaps it has something to do with yer relaxed state.

Mrs. Peel said:

Just took deliver this week, too; assembly required. Used it yesterday morning and all was fine. In the afternoon heard a noise and to my astonishment :umm: the sauna had gone from off to flashing; not in working mode though. Tried to stop it and start it and heard clicking noise - unplugged and phoned it in; seems I have to wait for a new master control box to now arrive. :knitting:

It looks like a Dr Who Phone Box in the back room :rolleyes:

Re: FIR Sauna - Carbon Fiber vs. Ceramic Heaters

Wow, exciting FIR sauna thread here! :thup:

Can you proud FIR sauna owners post a short report with:
- FIR sauna brand/type (plus the link? If you think it's inappropriate to post the link and/or brand, just PM me)
- where you placed it (I plan to place it in my flat's huuge living room, does this make sense?)
- how is the space (I am 200cm tall, so I have a special interest in space allocation/distribution)
- anything else you are excited to tell...

Hi Odysseus,

Pming is discouraged in this forum. It's for the members protection as well as your own. :)

Ah ok, thanks for pointing out truth seeker. I seem to have missed that one out, sorry for that. :-[

Odysseus said:
Wow, exciting FIR sauna thread here! :thup:

Can you proud FIR sauna owners post a short report with:
- FIR sauna brand/type (plus the link? If you think it's inappropriate to post the link and/or brand, just PM me)
- where you placed it (I plan to place it in my flat's huuge living room, does this make sense?)
- how is the space (I am 200cm tall, so I have a special interest in space allocation/distribution)
- anything else you are excited to tell...

Mine is called the Malibu, bought it from West Coast Saunas in the US. All the dimensions are listed.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/Infrared_Saunas/carbonfiber/infrared-carbonfiber_malibu.html

A two person model with some bells and whistles I find I don't even use. Like the radio/cd player. I've been using the time inside to read. And some revolving chakra-colored lights in the ceiling that you really can't see unless it's pitch dark. ;D I bought this particular model because the heaters in the walls are less exposed that other saunas, if you check the pictures you can see the heaters are behind little dowell rods instead of big, open spaces. This means you are less likely to get burned by the heaters by leaning against them.

It takes anywhere from 30-40 minutes to warm up to a temperature of 120 deg F. Supposedly the optimum FIR temperature range is between 115-145 for this model. I set mine on 120, I imaging if I wanted to heat up higher it would take even longer to warm up. I don't think I could stand it any hotter. The sauna timer only goes up to 60 minutes.

It supposedly seats two people side-by-side, but it would be really cramped unless you were both pretty thin. :lol: I sit sideways on the bench and lean against the wall while I read. My Dot Connector mag has some stains on it from my sweaty little palms. :)

It does look like a huge phone booth in my spare bedroom. Decide where you want to put it, cause once it's up, it's not going anywhere cause I think it weighs about 400 pounds!

I like the fact that I can crank it up when I get home from work, and go do something else while it warms up, then just jump in, and when I'm finished, I just leave the door open for a while to let it cool down and air out, and I can just jump right into the shower, no cleaning up the blanket and putting it away! I do have a cushion for the bench and sit on towels.

Only downside is if I do one in the evening, I'm usually up multiple times during the night to use the bathroom because of the water I drink before, during, and after.

It does require an electrical outlet/circuit that doesn't have anything else drawing power from it. In my case, the two spare bedrooms are on one circuit, so I shut off everything else in both rooms before I start the sauna. For the 3+ person models, I believe you need a special type of outlet and may need to rewire a circuit for more power.

It was pricey, and I'm still paying on it. But according to the research I did, some of those cheap ones like you get on Ebay do not put out much FIR. The carbon fiber is supposed to burn cooler and last longer and be more durable than the ceramic, I believe.

All in all, I do like it! :)

Thanks a lot Mrs.Peel for your report, it is much appreciated. :flowers: :)

It helps me a lot in my decision making what size the FIR cabin should be and where to put it (sizewise and circuitwise).

FIR Sauna Burning Problem

Slowone posted in this thread that our FIR Sauna blanket had a problem,

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20352.0

Trevrizent, you mentioned in the same thread that this had happened to others too:

I found the post below from you in this thread:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12837.msg144514;topicseen#msg144514

Trevrizent said:
Staying with the sauna, another curious thing happened on the Thursday morning session (Monday and Thursday being the only days I take ‘maintenance’ saunas during the week). Just after halfway through the session, my ‘body’ seemed to be telling me to get out. At first I thought it was a repeat of a minor panic attack, something to do with suffocation (past life?). So, I decided to ‘tough it out’, refuse to give in to my fear, and see the session through to its conclusion, despite my ‘body’ indicating (shouting?) ‘get out, get out’. On packing away the sauna blanket I noticed a scorch mark on the outer lower cover (the location close to where I reported an itching shin before). On investigation inside the cover, a ‘charred rod’ was visible where it had burnt through one layer, scorching the outer and ‘dust’ marking the inner (this was intact and nothing showed inside on the surface next to my skin). Anything to do with watching the five youtube videos (Evidence of Revision: The assassination of Kennedy and Oswald) the evening before, I wonder?

But I can't see any others. Has this happened to many of the blankets?

I was at home too, and went upstairs where Slowone was in the Sauna. We could both smell burning and a really unpleasent "chemical" odour. The Sauna ended, and as Slowone got out she felt the unusual heat. It had burned right through all the layers of the blanked, and the sheet and burned the matress too, a hole larger than a 10p coin.

I called the company we bought it from, and the lady said, that it had happened before, and that they were aware that a faulty "cramper" at the factory may have created a problem in a particular batch, and asked me for a serial number, although she said they only had one other instance of this 18 months ago. A second lady today, said that they had only had one other case and that was about 2 weeks ago.

They promised to send a replacement, soon, but in my view this episode could have been far more dangerous, one of us could easily have sustained a nasty burn, and surely it was also a fire hazard?

It concerns me that the company were aware of the potential problem, but did not recall the blankets.

It's annoying and frustrating because we both really like the blanket, but now feel our confidence in it's safety has been undermined.

If any one else has had a similar problem I would be grateful for your views, here are some photos

Thank you

Al

The offending wire:
Wire.jpg

The top of the blanket:
BurninTop.jpg

Our Bed Mattress
Mattress.jpg

Re: FIR Sauna Burning Problem

What company/brand is this? I guess we all ought to know that.

Back
Top Bottom