Migun, Far Infrared, and Negative Ion Therapy

Re: FIR Sauna Burning Problem

I have the same problem with my FIR blanket, which I bought from Get-Fitt in UK. I've been using it for more than a year. The first year was without a problem. So I thought the blanket may have reached the end of its life and didn't think further about it. I'm at work now and therefore don't have a photo. But I will upload a photo of it when I get home. It looks very similar to the second photo that Alphose posted.

Bobo08 said:
I have the same problem with my FIR blanket, which I bought from Get-Fitt in UK. I've been using it for more than a year. The first year was without a problem. So I thought the blanket may have reached the end of its life and didn't think further about it. I'm at work now and therefore don't have a photo. But I will upload a photo of it when I get home. It looks very similar to the second photo that Alphose posted.

Seems to me that something that expensive should last a lot longer than a year! Sounds like we need to gather up these reports and notify the company?

May I suggest that no member get in their FIR Blanket unsupervised until we have more info? If someone falls asleep, and the blanket shorts, they could be seriously burned...or worse.

We're getting all kinds of warnings in other threads...and we have member's beds catching on fire. :scared:

I found another incident:

http://onibasu.com/archives/amc/25258.html
"I also started with a FIR sauna and did very well with that, lots of good sweating and felt better, until it caught fire with me in it!!! "

Bad blankets at the bottom of the article:
http://far-infrared-portable-sauna.blogspot.com/2009/03/portable-far-infrared-fir-home-sauna_27.html

Laura said:
What company/brand is this? I guess we all ought to know that.

Laura ours was from Get-Fitt in the UK. The scary thing is that the blanket has no cut out so it just keeps heating until it burns through. They aren't cheap either I've had mine for eighteen months I expected it to last for several years.

Okay, I need a tally of those who got their blankets from Get-Fitt and have issues with them. I'll be writing to Mark about it myself. We have three and have never had any problems and they do get like triple use around here. But there are obviously some defective blankets and he needs to make this right.

Bobo08 said:
I have the same problem with my FIR blanket, which I bought from Get-Fitt in UK. ... It look(ed)s very similar to the ... photo(s) that Alphose posted.

I've had no problem with my (free) replacement FIR sauna blanket.

Laura said:
Okay, I need a tally of those who got their blankets from Get-Fitt and have issues with them. I'll be writing to Mark about it myself. We have three and have never had any problems and they do get like triple use around here. But there are obviously some defective blankets and he needs to make this right.

Laura, Alphonse has spoken to Get-Fitt and they are replacing ours. Mark was away when Alphonse spoke to them. But I do think that people need be aware that there may be a faulty batch.

Okay. Everyone who has this problem needs to contact Mark. I'm sure he'll treat you right.

I have actually noticed a tiny burn mark on our FIR blanket (from Get FITT in the U.K.) as well. I keep wondering where it comes from every time I see it, but then forget about it until next time. Maybe we need to get in touch with them as well - the fire risk sounds scary, as one easily falls asleep while using the blanket.

trollet said:
I have actually noticed a tiny burn mark on our FIR blanket (from Get FITT in the U.K.) as well. I keep wondering where it comes from every time I see it, but then forget about it until next time. Maybe we need to get in touch with them as well - the fire risk sounds scary, as one easily falls asleep while using the blanket.

This is starting to sound like a CLASSIC STS attack. All they had to do was nudge a manufacturing machine so that it crimps connections in a batch of blankets wrong. From the pictures it looks like a tiny 1/8 inch section of copper wire is exposed....and that's all it takes.

As a result a few people get hurt, perhaps someone seriously... and then many others loose faith in a very effective tool.

Trollet, I would STRONGLY suggest you stop using your blanket immediately and return it for a replacement. Repeatedly "forgetting" that you're sleeping in something that can catch fire is not a good sign. :scared:

I think it would be helpful if those with damaged blankets post the serial numbers of their blankets so everyone else can check theirs?

Laura said:

I think he should really isolate the defective batch and do a direct recall...it might save his company from a serious lawsuit. People understand that defects in manufacturing happen, and they appreciate being notified and having the item replaced BEFORE it hurts them.

It sounds like he's got a great self healing product, which means that the PTB will try to destroy it ...and him. Does he understand that threat? If what he is offering to people actually works, he WILL be attacked. We and he are being warned ...again the benefits of a network, and I really feel that if we don't jump on this, someone will be badly hurt...or worse. Fortunately, Slowone has a high quality fire retardant mattress and blankets. Someone using an old futon or dollar store blanket might not be so lucky.

This picture says it all. :scared:

Wire.jpg

I just received my FIR blanket from Get-Fitt last week and started using it this week. i am very happy with it so far but I would hate to end up like toast. :scared:

It might be a good idea to see if there is a particular time period in which the faulty blankets were purchased so that other owners on the Forum that have blankets from around the same time can be very aware.

Thanks for posting!

Thor, they told me they believed the problem occurred about 18 months ago, they said they felt confident that it was fixed now.

Guardian said:
I think it would be helpful if those with damaged blankets post the serial numbers of their blankets so everyone else can check theirs?

The Serial Number is on a white tag at towards the top of the blanket in-between the folds.
The number of our blanket is AP 0012225

Al

alphonse said:
The Serial Number is on a white tag at towards the top of the blanket in-between the folds.
The number of our blanket is AP 0012225

What do you want to be the other defective blankets are close to that number? Bobo08, Trollet...what number are yours?

I got my sauna from promolife and I've had the burn problem too. It burned the outer section, but not the inside and didn't go through the bed or anything. So it wasn't as bad as Slowone's burn. This was about 6 months ago.

It was still under warranty at about 7 months old and they asked me a lot of questions about my use of it before sending me a new one. I've been afraid to turn the heat all the way up to 60 degrees C now and only keep it at 45 now.

Here's what it looked like on the outside, about the size of a dime; it didn't go through the inside:

SANY0628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom