What's for Dinner?

Ellipse said:
hmm.. all of what is fried is very hard for the body to digest.

Have you been frying in duck fat or lard/tallow?

I know it's "evil" but fried dill pickles are hard to beat :evil:

On the curry and nightshades issue... I've never eliminated chillies from my diet as they seem to be in every dish to some point. And I don't what it is in curry that makes me "happy" but both my children feel the same affect after eating it... Maybe nightshades work for us... if there is some info about another spice in curry that could account for this I would be glad to review it, likewise if nightshades are that bad for me I will consider also...

I eat a fusion of Cajun, Mexican, Indian and Thai diet that all include chillies, tomatoes and eggplant... all of which I understand to be nightshades....

My biggest problem has been trying to find i "new" bread substitute.. I haven"t been able to find the buckwheat and other "flours"

Tonight is was a simple leek soup with garlic and organic chicken broth and 2 eggs sunny side up on the side

seekr said:
I know it's "evil" but fried dill pickles are hard to beat :evil:

On the curry and nightshades issue... I've never eliminated chillies from my diet as they seem to be in every dish to some point. And I don't what it is in curry that makes me "happy" but both my children feel the same affect after eating it... Maybe nightshades work for us... if there is some info about another spice in curry that could account for this I would be glad to review it, likewise if nightshades are that bad for me I will consider also...

I eat a fusion of Cajun, Mexican, Indian and Thai diet that all include chillies, tomatoes and eggplant... all of which I understand to be nightshades....

My biggest problem has been trying to find i "new" bread substitute.. I haven"t been able to find the buckwheat and other "flours"

Tonight is was a simple leek soup with garlic and organic chicken broth and 2 eggs sunny side up on the side

In curry, it might be the turmeric, cumin, and coriander that helps. Turmeric is what makes a curry bright yellow, and its known as a good anti inflammatory. If you look in the recipe section, Laura has a dahl recipe that is made of all anti inflammatory spices. Initially, nightshades are avoided, you need to test to see if you are sensitive to them. Black pepper is fine if you like heat. :) As a rule, I avoid dahl, because it has lectins in it that can be inflammatory. The last pot of soup I made with lentils though, I didn't have any immediate problems. Lectins are a problem for people who are also sensitive to nightshades, wheat, and dairy. (If I'm wrong on that, someone correct me?)

I had a grandmother that loved fried pickles, no worries there. :D

Tonight it was pastured hens cooked on the grill, saute of kale with ghee and quinoa cooked in chicken stock. Finished with Laurentien's non-dairy cheesecake (http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=21725.0). The cheesecake was a big thumbs-up! We added a bit of vanilla and made the crust extra thick ...Yum.

Also made about 6 gallons of ghee - should last into summer.

Tonight my housemate had people over for dinner and a slide show. I had butternut squash soup and nothing else -- there were baked root vegetables but too many people showed up and there wasn't enough to go around. I passed on the bread and desert. Normally I would do the cooking, but I really am not hungry for a large meal in the evening.

tonight its potatoes( i know a nightshade but according to my blood test fine with me ,in my case its the yellow stuff like pumpkin and sweet potato i can not have)with bacon and eggs,seasalt,black pepper,fresh tyme

Ellipse said:
Laura said:
The batter is just a variation on the buckwheat blini batter, but fried in deep duck fat, it is fantastic! Also, batter fried scallops, french fries and salad.

hmm.. all of what is fried is very hard for the body to digest.

Actually, that's not the case if your liver is awake and functioning and detoxing.

Last night, I had grilled pork chops with roasted sweet potato and stir-fried broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.

Last night I had grass fed beef liver and onions fried in lard. Tonight, I'll probably have a bit of the oxtail soup with red cabbage, carrots and onions I've had simmering all day. That's some good eatin'.

Last night, a birthday celebration for one of my children, we had roast beef (local source!), stir-fried red cabbage (thanks, Rabelais, for your recipe in the forum, it was awesome), stir fried broccoli with garlic, and some roast potatoes that were in the pan the beef was roasted in but came out dry so I stir fried/steamed them with some water and bacon fat. To be safe and because there wasn't a whole lot, I only had half a small potato.

For dessert there was yellow cake and ice cream with dairy, sugar and wheat which I didn't eat but everyone else did. The rest of my family already thinks they eat healthy enough to listen to me about wheat and dairy, but I don't miss that stuff at all.

Tonight we had leftover scallops and fish from yesterday, some green beans, and fried some steamed sweet potato slices in ghee.

We're having broccoli soup made from chicken broth, onions fried in butter, carrots, celariac and lots of broccoli.

Today was a brunch of buckwheat/blueberry pancakes, pork sausage, and a mango/pear/avocado salad.

Tonight was steak serve with baked potato, mash turnip and steamed green bean and for desert chocolate or almond coconut macaroon with berry.

Posté par: LQB
The cheesecake was a big thumbs-up!

I'm glad to learn that you like it LQB.

Laurentien said:
Tonight was steak serve with baked potato, mash turnip and steamed green bean and for desert chocolate or almond coconut macaroon with berry.

Posté par: LQB
The cheesecake was a big thumbs-up!

I'm glad to learn that you like it LQB.

Yes! - Thanks much Laurentien from all of us. We all had another slice this eve and made a great blueberry sauce topping for it (using xylitol). Yum yum...
:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom