What's for Dinner?

Last night I had chicken breast fried in duck fat with coriander, steamed parsnip and broccoli drenched in hemp oil, with sea salt and black pepper, and steamed sweet potatoes.
For desert raw coconut and date bread made with dried figs instead of dates.

Flathead(its a fish)my youngest son caught and salad from the garden (i grew) and potatoes my oldest son picked :)

Last night I had organic diced pork and onions slowly fried in lard and ghee to which I added some organic apple juice, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Apple and pork work really well together - very delicious and more-ish! :P

Elisa said:
My dinner was composed of; creamed vegetables ( celery, garrot, onnion, garlic ) and hucle fillet wrap up in rice flour, fried in olive oil. As a dessert fresh fruit.

How did you cream the vegetables?

Brown rice, grated carrots and green onions with sliced chicken fried in bacon fat. spices: salt, pepper, dill, marjoram, parsley, thyme, ginger. Bacon fat is always available 'cause we have eggs and bacon or sausage most mornings. Everything is organic where available, and the chicken is amish-raised, no hormones.

Mondays & Thursdays we eat light because it’s rather late by the time EE is over.

Baked Kielbasa from a butcher we trust, cabbage slaw, shredded horseradish and beets.

Last night was a clearing up of left-over baking items. Lamb mince was fried with chopped celery and onion in lard, and the hot lard converted into a mint gravy/sauce with buckwheat flour. Accompanying this was ‘pastry’ biscuits (left over scraps from baking sausage rolls) and a green salad, with beetroot, covered with extra virgin olive oil. Took no time at all.

Tonight is another night of finishing up (end of the week), cold turkey breast in a mustard mayonnaise, with a green salad, cooked carrot and sliced cooked zucchini and cold, cooked Quinoa from the fridge, topped off with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Again, takes no time at all.

Tonight I had leftover tagine from last night with an added fried pork chop since the tagine was mostly just gravy and a few carrots; and leftover fruit compote. It was yummy because tagine is always better the second day!

truth seeker said:
Tonight will be chili made with ground pork and sausage. Side of plantains both sweet and savory.

What are you flavoring that chili with???

Tonight we will finish the beef brisket serve it with quinoa and green peas. For desert freshly made vanilla coconut milk ice cream and berries. Alana put the idea in my head yesterday. :lol:

I'm about to have buckwheat blini's fried in ghee, with some avocado salsa and baked chicken thighs from the other day. I put it together like a taco, stripping the chicken into well sized chunks. But when I had beef fat to fry in, it tasted EXACTLY like authentic mexican style taco's. I make the blini's large though, I use an 8inch skillet.

Laura said:
truth seeker said:
Tonight will be chili made with ground pork and sausage. Side of plantains both sweet and savory.

What are you flavoring that chili with???
Lol!! I only call it chili because that's what it looks like. It does have tomatoes which don't seem to affect me. The spices are salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, cumin, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and turmeric. No actual chilis were used in the production of this meal. :D

To celebrate Valentines Day (which we seldom ever do) Hubby took me to one of the very few places that have a certified gluten free menu. :thup:

We had a rack of pork ribs with a blackberry jelly glaze (no chilies or spices added), steamed veggies, and a plain salad with house vinaigrette. Hubby had a microbrew beer, I had ice water with lemon. Wow was it good!

I don't know how they do the glaze, I'm sure it has some sugar in it, but its never tasted sticky sweet like most sauces tend to with fruit. Its unusual for our area, but very popular with everyone. The kitchen there runs like a well oiled machine. It looks like someone kicked an ant hill but everyone knows what they are doing, and its a joy to see them in action.

Now we're home, stuffed, and sleepy :zzz: Best Valentine evening ever. G'night happy people!

Last night was chicken livers, fried to medium rare in olive oil with salt and pepper and sauteed asparagus in organic butter with garlic and salt. Start to finish only 20 minutes

I'm surprised when "peeking into your kitchens" how many have dessert on a regular basis. I always saw dessert as a holiday dish after a feast except for the homemade summertime hand-churned ice cream or the occasional fruit/berry cobbler at Granny's on Sunday afternoon

But is nice to see so many "dancing bananas" :P Curry always makes me feel like dancing inside... onion, garlic and celery sauteed in olive oil with hot yellow curry then add either cubed pork loin or lean cubed beef.. pork is cooked to just "done" or juice runs clear, beef is browned outside medium rare inside... throw a sliced avocado on top for last 5 mins just to heat it then serve over brown rice :dance: :dance: :dance: I think I'll make some curry this weekend

Back
Top Bottom