What's for Dinner?

We had an early dinner of ground beef (organic) fried in ghee with onion, over white rice. (which I tolerate well...it seems to be one of the few things I can eat with IBS for some reason) We had a banana each for dessert. Neither one of us were really hungry this evening, so we kept things light. :)

Gimpy said:
We had an early dinner of ground beef (organic) fried in ghee with onion, over white rice. (which I tolerate well...it seems to be one of the few things I can eat with IBS for some reason) We had a banana each for dessert. Neither one of us were really hungry this evening, so we kept things light. :)

Rice often behaves well with the digestive system. But it causes problems elsewhere due to the gluten it contains. At least that's the case with my wife.

Last night, we had black eye bean soup with minced pork, carrot, radish and onion.

I had cod fillets cooked in organic coconut oil, with chopped sauteed onions and lots of black pepper and salt.

Tonight was chicken with bamboo shoots, squid with celery, and steamed ground pork over wild rice.

Today for dinner we have spring rolls and many sweet things! ;D It is Valentine's Day! :D

I am doing ongoing food testing to identify things that I am sensitive to (it's important to know what you are sensitive to when you have to eat out!), and yesterday I had another "positive." Consequently, I didn't have anything for dinner other than vitamins (I had no appetite whatsoever). But I did cook for the person I live with: chard, onions, and zucchini.

We often have sauteed or steamed organic vegetables in the evening, sometimes with meat (typically grass fed ground beef, not too lean).

Megan said:
I am doing ongoing food testing to identify things that I am sensitive to (it's important to know what you are sensitive to when you have to eat out!), and yesterday I had another "positive." Consequently, I didn't have anything for dinner other than vitamins (I had no appetite whatsoever). But I did cook for the person I live with: chard, onions, and zucchini.

We often have sauteed or steamed organic vegetables in the evening, sometimes with meat (typically grass fed ground beef, not too lean).

Megan, I don't think it's a good idea to have vitamins on an empty stomach. Some of those things can cause stomach problems if there isn't food along with them. I could be wrong, though.

Mr. Premise said:
Megan, I don't think it's a good idea to have vitamins on an empty stomach. Some of those things can cause stomach problems if there isn't food along with them. I could be wrong, though.
You are not wrong. I paid for it--indigestion for an hour or two on top of all the other symptoms. It will help me to remember next time, though.

Tonight, pork roast with carrots and small, red potatoes. Shortbread made with 1/2 coconut oil and 1/2 ghee and buckwheat flour.

In honor of Valentines day, plus she's gotta work 12 hours, I will cook some local T-Bones on the grill (we're having a heatwave), grilled zucchini on the grill, baked taters on the grill. I haven't decided between fresh collards or fresh spinach fried in olive oil.

Tonight, sliced boiled ham, buckwheat Yorkshire pudding, steamed carrots, parsnips and a green salad with beetroot.

Tonight made a bunch of wings in the oven spiced with cumin, turmeric, salt and garlic, and with plenty of grape seed oil. It was delicious! Tomorrow will add sweet potatoes backed in the leftover fat to it. And for desert were dates as I wanted something sweet.

Back
Top Bottom