What's for Dinner?

Yesterday both my wife and I came home late so I had a rush in preparing dinner. I got fried bacon, fried eggs, steamed water spinach and fried quinoa (left over from morning). Everything was finished in 20 mins.

On a normal day, we would have plain cooked quinoa, steamed vegetable and stewed beef or pork for dinner. It is almost the same as a traditional Vietnamese dinner, only with quinoa to replace rice and a larger portion of meat.

Weekdays don't leave me much time to cook, so this is going to be kind of bland.

Steamed and then mashed sweet potatoes with ghee and cinnamon, xylitol and a dash of salt to taste.

These were steamed along with some chopped asparagus and green beans that were covered in an olive oil based dressing.

It takes about 45min to prepare and cook.

I had some ground beef fried in grapeseed oil. When it is done cooking I add some olive oil on top and some sea salt. Very easy to make just throw it in a pot and cook it for however long one desires, sometimes can take 10-20 min or can simmer longer.

Last night we had pork chops seasoned with thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Served on top with fried apple in butter, with raisins, chopped walnuts, and cinnamon. On the side black quinoa with butter. :dance:

Last night I roasted a whole organic chicken in a pan with quartered potatoes, served with steamed kale, carrots and green beans. Easy dinner with hardly any prep. Lasts 2 of us 2-3 days. I save the drippings to mix with dogs' breakfast.

This evening it was baked chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, and steamed artichoke hearts (frozen, then steamed). We tend not to do dessert much, but when we do, its coconut ice cream.

We keep meals very simple, unless its the weekend and we're both going to cook. :)

Tonight it was large cuts of sirloin and round (grass-fed beef) slow cooked in a crock with chicken stock onions and carrots. Sauce then thickened with arrowroot. The meat was served over a dark rice (soaked) cooked in chicken stock. Also did a side of broccoli with ghee. Small fresh salad on the side. Maybe 1 hour prep plus about 8 hrs for the meat in the crock.

Had a small piece of sirloin beef steak and sauteed in a bit of butter, cabbage, onions, zucchini and portabella mushroom.

Chicken NOT-prikash: kasha, chicken pieces, spices, can of tomato sauce (not seasoned), sauerkraut.

Last week the meal was carne asada stew- mixed some beans into the sauce and topped with guacamole.

Welcome to our kitchen! ;D

Tonight we had chicken and peas, made last night in big portion, all together with onions, garlic, herb and olive oil in the slow cooker. It tastes even more delicious today than it did last night. We also had freshly made pumpkin pie (that turned out more like a pumpkin pudding due to miscalculations of ingredients :halo: but still delicious) and accompanying it, freshly made vanilla coconut milk ice cream! Yummy, Yum, Yum! I am the dancing banana, alright! :dance: :dance: :dance:

For dinner I had a bowel of organic chicken breast. Cut into small pieces and cooked on the stove; with onions, olive oil and with some seasoning for taste. Afterwords I had some dates, to satisfy the sweet tooth :)

kryon said:
Last night we had mushroom soup, my wife cooked and side of raw vegies. I sat eating it, imagining I was eating appricot chicken with coconut rice.

What was in the mushroom soup? Was it gluten and dairy free?

I'm a bit ill at the moment, so my husband and I have been living on chicken soup for the last couple of days... Actually it's more like a chicken stew, since it has plenty of vegetables and quinoa in it. It's one of those meals that gets better when reheated.

It was leftovers night tonight -- chicken and mushroom cooked in bacon grease and sauteed in chicken broth, with some veggies over quinoa. Later on, I had almond milk over a bowl of nuts and dried fruit (that's my cereal replacement).

My dinner was composed of; creamed vegetables ( celery, garrot, onnion, garlic ) and hucle fillet wrap up in rice flour, fried in olive oil. As a dessert fresh fruit.

Back
Top Bottom