Tucker Carlson and Fox News "agree to part ways" - Was he FIRED?

Seen from the outside, Interesting. This is not a new thing. Anyone who has had the adventure of being a journalist in the mainstream knows that such stances you pay for. The fact that the thing is only happening NOW certainly does not speak in his favor (shouting the obvious as something outrageous and unheard of in prime time often smells like rats abandoning the boat) . But without prejudice, it is reasonable to say that only what he does with this thing will speak for him.

To be fair Fox has only drop 5.5% so far, but I hope the drop will get worse!

FugkA01WAAUysCn

All this looks like preparation for 2024, because why would they let him go when he's at the top? The Dominion settlement and the Heritage speech were probably just covers. Maybe now he'll turn The Daily Caller into a more robust news platform.
People are hoping that he goes to Rumble and they think it's because of the January 6th coverage. Maybe his criticism of the Biden Administration?

A: If you live by the sword, do not expect to sleep on the couch!
Yes, he was fired. Anyone else notice that his firing is tied to the 2020 presidential election fraud that he failed to call out?
Tucker Carlson Fired By Lachlan Murdoch; Here's What We Know
BY TYLER DURDEN
MONDAY, APR 24, 2023 - 06:13 PM

Update (2114ET): After an entire day wondering why in the hell Fox News would can the highest-rated cable news host in the world, ever, the New York Times comes out with this;
Who:

The decision to let Mr. Carlson go was made on Friday night by Lachlan Murdoch, the chief executive of Fox Corporation, and Suzanne Scott, chief executive of Fox News Media, according to a person briefed on the move. Mr. Carlson was informed on Monday morning by Ms. Scott, another person briefed on the move said.

Why?

[T]he power that Mr. Carlson, 53, wielded outside Fox News could not insulate him from a growing list of troubles inside the network related to his conduct on and off the air, some of which had been grating on Mr. Murdoch and his father, Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox Corporation, who co-founded the network in 1996, according to the two people with knowledge of the company’s decision.

The host, a polarizing and unpopular figure at the network outside of his own staff, was exposed as part of a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems as a bully who denigrated colleagues and sources, often in profane and sexist language, and called for the firing of Fox journalists whose coverage he disliked. He has also drawn condemnation from the right and left for his role in fostering a revisionist account of the assault on the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

So he was mean to people?

We also know that last week, Tucker attacked Big Pharma in one of his monologues.

Oh, there's more:

One early point of contention was Mr. Carlson’s 2021 documentary, “Patriot Purge,” which advanced the conspiracy theory that the attack that day was a so-called false flag operation designed to discredit the former president and his political movement. Lachlan Murdoch was said to have been caught off guard by the program, which also led two conservative Fox News contributors to quit in protest, Jonah Goldberg and Stephen Hayes.

In March, Mr. Carlson edited down tens of thousands of hours of footage from the attack given to him by Speaker Kevin McCarthy and used them to falsely portray the rioters as people Mr. Carlson called “mostly peaceful” onlookers who had innocently ambled into the Capitol. The broadcast drew a rebuke from Senator Mitch McConnell, who is a friend of Rupert Murdoch’s and said Mr. Carlson had drawn “offensive and misleading conclusions.”

So he showed the public the January 6th footage and dared question the event.

The Times also says that one of Carlson's former producers said he ran a "toxic" workplace.

And yet, is any of that worth giving up tens of millions in Tucker-related ad revenue? It seems that if you routinely question the regime, it is.

Tucker Carlson, the highest rated cable news host in history, is out at Fox News. The news comes days after the network cut ties with host Dan Bongino 48 hours after the network settled with Dominion Voting Systems for nearly $800 million.

"Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways," reads a statement from the network, which thanks him for his service "as a host and prior to that as a contributor."

Carlson's executive producer, Justin Wells, is also out at the network according to Semafor.

According to the statement, Carlson's last show was Friday, April 21st as he continued to dominate, and his slot will now be filled by 'an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named."

Full statement from the network (emphasis ours),:

FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.

Mr. Carlson's last program was Friday April 21st. Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named.

FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the free ad- supported television service FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for more than 21 consecutive years, while FBN ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by Fox Corporation, FOX News Media reaches nearly 200 million people each month.

Shares of 21st Century Fox dropped like a rock on the news, and is now sitting at January lows (the drop in FOXA's market cap is around the same as the settlement with Dominion).

One of Carlson's last monologues at Fox...

Were Carlson and Bongino sacrificed as part of the settlement?

And where to next?

Rumble..?

The fact that he's parting ways with Fox News shortly after he interviewed Robert Kennedy Jr.

That was my first thought too. I remember listening to the NewsReal show on Sunday, where the guys talked about Carlson giving air time to Robert Kennedy Jr while most other media outlets and journalists would prefer to pretend he doesn't exist. I also recalled something that Lobaczewski wrote in Political Ponerology, that among the offspring of elites who support the pathocracy (or are psychopaths themselves) appear a few who due to a healthy psychological substratum, after a while start to abhor the environment they grew up in and start to lean towards the society of normal healthy people with morals and conscience because they too are more like them than their family's milieu. Paraphrasing all the above, of course, but that description, to me, applies to Tucker Carlson.

And while his support of Kennedy (or any other of the lies he brought to light) might have something to do with his firing, Kennedy himself has his own theory. He posted the following on Twitter:

Fox fires @TuckerCarlson five days after he crosses the red line by acknowledging that the TV networks pushed a deadly and ineffective vaccine to please their Pharma advertisers. Carlson’s breathtakingly courageous April 19 monologue broke TV’s two biggest rules: Tucker told the truth about how greedy Pharma advertisers controlled TV news content and he lambasted obsequious newscasters for promoting jabs they knew to be lethal and worthless. For many years, Tucker has had the nation's biggest audience averaging 3.5 million — 10 times the size of CNN. Fox just demonstrated the terrifying power of Big Pharma.

All in all, FOX firing Carlson seals it for me that he is NOT part of controlled opposition. If he was, why would they take away the podium from where he could reach the maximum number of people?

Such a shame. I wrote this post because it was more surprising to me that he was allowed to continue his show. Now back to business as usual.

He reached a lot of people though, and many of them will be even further awakened and suspicious that their government is becoming more totalitarian.

I was listening to that great speech yesterday :

And the host for The Heritage Foundation told Tucker if one day he does not work anymore for Fox News, he could hire him again as he did many years ago.

And from Toaday news:

Yeah, shocking, just yesterday we were watching his speech to the Heritage Foundation and I was pleasently impressed.

Great speech! I think it can be noted that at the point in time he did the speech it didn’t sound like he knew that FOX wants to end his time there. Tucker did the speech apparently on 22 of April.

Ad revenue down. Corporate advertisers want plain vanilla TV programming with no controversy. They don’t want to be identified with either side of the left-right divide. Corporations are also mostly one and the same with the dominant power structures. So Pfizer et al go to Fox and say “dump him” or we are pulling our ads. All the viewers Tucker has do not equate to $$$. It’s an ad revenue based model. Economics is a big driver here.

Another way to look at it.

It surprises me that Carlson was able to retain his position at Fox for so long! I think he's a man of character in his regard for the truth, and he is also highly relatable and has a rather impressive ability to not only withstand attack but also grow from it. I think he'll do really well in whatever he chooses next. While he was able to use his popularity as a shield to say a lot of things that go unsaid in the MSM, I'm sure he was still held back in certain things. Now that there is nothing to hold him back, I think he could do a lot of good in helping to establish a growing alternative to the MSM. The MSM is ever reaching toward becoming a 'dream of the past' as that seems their destiny. Carlson doesn't fit there anymore and his voice is probably better utilized where he can freely tap into his talents.

Redacted speculate why the biggest draw of Fox News has left.

Former talkshow legend, Phil Donahue of MSNBC, suffered the same fate as Tucker in 2003. A leaked memo showed that he was harming MSNBC’s image by his anti-war, anti-Bush stance, and general scepticism of the administration. He was the star attraction there, yet never again returned to the airwaves.

Microsoft and General Electic - defence contractors and founders of MSNBC, were raking in profits from the Iraqi war, so they pulled the plug on Donahue.

BlackRock have also increased their position in Fox Corporation:

Of course, Big Pharma would not have been amused by his outing of these evil sponsors of Fox during his talk with Kennedy.

Tucker, who is most likely the most popular talkshow host at this time, is apparently (and I think we can agree with this, given the content of his latest shows) vehemently anti-censorship, and would simply not tolerate being told what to say.

Best of luck on your new adventure, Tucker!

Back
Top Bottom