Tucker Carlson and Fox News "agree to part ways" - Was he FIRED?

Jacques

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I was listening to that great speech yesterday :

And the host for The Heritage Foundation told Tucker if one day he does not work anymore for Fox News, he could hire him again as he did many years ago.

And from Toaday news:

Last edited by a moderator:
A shocker!! Obvious questions: where does he take his following; what does Fox replace him with; how much credibility and viewership will Fox lose?

Tucker may get a freer hand but at what cost? Will he be marginalized if he goes to Newsmax or will he turn into a podcast dude? If you are paranoid this move makes it easier to track his followers since he is being removed from mainstream TV and will have to resurface somewhere and the true believer followers will have to go wherever he goes if they want to continue to listen.

A shocker!! Obvious questions: where does he take his following; what does Fox replace him with; how much credibility and viewership will Fox lose?
Yes, shocking but not surprising, if you understand my subtle difference. He was simply too honest even for Fox.
1) hopefully somewhere where he can continue his bold and honest analysis. He was the "lone voice, crying in the wilderness".
2) mediocrity and lameness.
3) for me, their credibility just crashed to zero. I stopped watching CNN a long time ago, stopped listening to NPR years ago, never watched MSNBC. Now Fox News is dead to me...

I eagerly await news on how Tucker will re-emerge.
On another note, Dan Bongino also left Fox. Another honest voice silenced.
And CNN finally ditched Don Lemon (pronounced like the citrus fruit). Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

Yeah, shocking, just yesterday we were watching his speech to the Heritage Foundation and I was pleasently impressed. Well, you couldn't let that go on just like that, could you? And never mind that he was Fox's top host. Who cares about profits when you have a population to control?

The fact that he's parting ways with Fox News shortly after he interviewed Robert Kennedy Jr. and given his general stance on the political landscape ahead of the elections isn't that surprising IMO given what's at stake for the PTB, but it's definitely sad to see one of the few good anchors on US mainstream go. One thing is sure, this move will further accelerate mainstream media's path to irrelevance.

When I got up and heard the news that Tucker was let go, I started to remember all of the others that have had the similar fate, some going back as far as the 80's. One thing that stood out was, they were all at the top of their game, and at the height of their popularity. Some were just local personalities, and some were more national, some would be in the news, and others would be in other realms such as sports talk shows. Would just tell it like it is. And I remember not being able to understand what was happening. Of course, there would be some controversy surrounding the incidents to make them seem legitimate, but the end result would always be that the replacements would be useless, pablum puking idiots that never had the same cache, but would be endlessly promoted.

Same in politics, we would, at one time, have legitimate choices, and the far out, far left, would be held in check. But at some point I noticed that all the choices were basically the same. Maybe they would talk a different game, but once they were in there you could see that they were basically lying to get elected, but were the same as all the other lefty idiots once they were in there.

It's been a slow game, but this is where we are.

Dan Bongino also is out of Fox in the last few days. He made the announcement on his Rumble channel and said it was because the contract they offered him wasn't acceptable to him so he left. Bongino was another truth teller on Fox so causing friction no doubt.

Also Glen Beck just announced that new cars will no longer have AM radio stations which are the conservative networks. Cracking down.

Just heard Blackrock just gave a ton of money to Fox.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230425-082905_Twitter.jpg

Fox Corporation sheds $930 million in market value after announcing Tucker Carlson is leaving the news network

• Fox Corporation erased $930 million in market value on Monday after announcing Tucker Carlson would depart Fox News.
  • The split came one week after the company settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems.
  • Tucker Carlson has consistently had one of the most-watched news shows on cable TV.
Fox Corporation stock fell as much as 5% on Monday and erased $930 million in market value after it was announced that Fox News Media parted ways with host Tucker Carlson.

Shares of the media company recovered slightly and were trading at $29.61, down almost 4% at 12:15 p.m. ET.

The split between Carlson and Fox News comes just one week after the company settled a defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $788 million due to the network's spread of misinformation related to the 2020 Presidential election and unfounded claims of election fraud.

Carlson has long been one of the most popular hosts at Fox News, with the conservative talk show personality's 8pm show consistently being the most watched news show on cable TV.

FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor," Fox News said in a statement.

The company said it will fill the 8pm hour with a rotation of Fox News personalities until it names a new host.

Don't think that Tucker will be off-line for very long.

Back
Top Bottom