Session 3 May 2014

While searching for unrelated other things, I stumbled upon a post fragment of Laura about the death of her mother which is very relevant in the current context, I think:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
You know, my mother died last May [i.e. 2010] and it was a terrible thing. She had the first stroke in August of 2006 and there was just no fixing it. It took almost four full years to complete the process and believe me, she was afraid to die. She clung to life with a frightening tenacity and her suffering was almost unspeakable. At first, I was determined to "fix" things. Then, when I understood that, at some level, she had made this choice and it was my duty to "talk her through", that's what I did. Those phone conversations with my mother, explaining to her the process of dying, what she should realistically expect and what to do, were about the hardest I've ever had in my life. I didn't even try to not cry, I cried freely and she cried with me. I told her that I didn't like it, that I wished I knew what I now know about diet years ago when it could have helped her. We just talked about everything that needed to be said, but I made sure that I kept to my promise to try to make it as easy for her as possible. I told her that when she passed, she would be able to come to me in an instant, and she did. She was here in the house for about a week and we communicated with her before she "went into the light." In fact, we helped her with that, also.
(year 2010 inserted by me)

Related topics that came along in the search process:

"Heaven is real" Near death experience

On Death

On Life After Death - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Dear Mr. Premise, Echo Blue, Falling Water, Nienna, Menna (and Laura and crew)

Really wonderful to see these community C sessions. I live in Framingham, MA and would love to meet the MA crew at some point. It has been a hope of mine to get together with others "in the know" so to speak as I have grappled with processing all the earth-shattering info that Laura and the Cs have imparted over the years. I consider it to be the most important information that I have learned in my lifetime and a "level 1 directive" that I found it at all. I don't know if there is a section for "networking" but would really like to get in touch.

candasiri said:

Really wonderful to see these community C sessions. I live in Framingham, MA and would love to meet the MA crew at some point. It has been a hope of mine to get together with others "in the know" so to speak as I have grappled with processing all the earth-shattering info that Laura and the Cs have imparted over the years. I consider it to be the most important information that I have learned in my lifetime and a "level 1 directive" that I found it at all. I don't know if there is a section for "networking" but would really like to get in touch.

There are meet-up discussions on the private FOTCOM member board.

Thanks for sharing the session, a very inspiring and heart-warming rendition. Much to learn and chew over :)

Palinurus said:
While searching for unrelated other things, I stumbled upon a post fragment of Laura about the death of her mother which is very relevant in the current context, I think:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
You know, my mother died last May [i.e. 2010] and it was a terrible thing. She had the first stroke in August of 2006 and there was just no fixing it. It took almost four full years to complete the process and believe me, she was afraid to die. She clung to life with a frightening tenacity and her suffering was almost unspeakable. At first, I was determined to "fix" things. Then, when I understood that, at some level, she had made this choice and it was my duty to "talk her through", that's what I did. Those phone conversations with my mother, explaining to her the process of dying, what she should realistically expect and what to do, were about the hardest I've ever had in my life. I didn't even try to not cry, I cried freely and she cried with me. I told her that I didn't like it, that I wished I knew what I now know about diet years ago when it could have helped her. We just talked about everything that needed to be said, but I made sure that I kept to my promise to try to make it as easy for her as possible. I told her that when she passed, she would be able to come to me in an instant, and she did. She was here in the house for about a week and we communicated with her before she "went into the light." In fact, we helped her with that, also.
(year 2010 inserted by me)

Related topics that came along in the search process:

"Heaven is real" Near death experience

On Death

On Life After Death - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

This is so very touching to me what you did for your mother, Laura. I`m struggling with the recent death of my father. I think I could of done more in the way of talking to him about dying and maybe I could have helped him in his passing the way you helped your mother. I was so caught up in being angry with him. I haven`t cried a tear for him. I wish I could. I feel ashamed that I didn`t do more for him and for feeling the way I do towards him.

N24
This is so very touching to me what you did for your mother, Laura. I`m struggling with the recent death of my father. I think I could of done more in the way of talking to him about dying and maybe I could have helped him in his passing the way you helped your mother. I was so caught up in being angry with him. I haven`t cried a tear for him. I wish I could. I feel ashamed that I didn't do more for him and for feeling the way I do towards him.

Ah Nancy, it is good you are having and recognizing your feelings about this, but do not despair. From what I understand, it is not too late to make peace with the dead and writing letters and speaking to them, can be ways to recapitulate and finish what you could not complete, for whatever reason, while they were still alive. "the dead are with us always"
I had a lot of anger issues with my father too, and it helped me to remember that he was just a fellow human being doing the best he could with where he was at at the time.
He, like all of us, was a victim of his programming (I heard somewhere our cultural programming is our personal "operating system") and like so many people, was unable to overcome it and learn the lessons he needed to learn in this particular lifetime--a lifetime that not only coincided with mine, but on some soul level, I chose for my own lesson purposes at this time.

Take care of yourself through your grieving process and don't place artificial limits on how long or how deep it should be. IMHO you will eventually find peace about your relationship with your father of this incarnation.
shellycheval

candasiri said:

Hi Candasiri, we'd like to meet you! PM me your contact information and we can keep you in the loop. We usually meet once a month and are choosing a date for the June meeting. We will be discussing When the Body Says No, by Gabor Mate. Meeting face to face is an awesome experience, but don't forget to network on the forum. The forum is where the real work is done, and the wider the network, the better. If you decide to take the next step in commitment, you can join the Fellowship (FOTCM) and, with enough forum participation and commitment to the Work, be admitted to the FOTCM private forum, where discussions about meetups take place. The only requirement in joining FOTCM is general assent to the Statement of Principles which can be found here: http://paleochristianity.org/statement-of-principles/

Thanks again Laura for the experience. I waited and remained quiet out of respect/manners as the others in the room and on the other side of the computer screen had more to do with putting this together then myself and saying "you don't have to be a member" was humor as I was just waiting my turn and had a feeling everyone was going to get a turn to ask a question.

The c's answer to my question has produced a sort of calm in me. not only has it confirmed that my career as an educator is the right path but that I have been on the right path in the work as to help others you have to have the knowledge to help. I am not taking their answer as a call to be a STO superhero as I feel I will see where help is not only wanted but can have an impact(quality) as I have my own energy that I don't want to haphazardly waste. In our society and especially in America we have this always have to be progressing working pushing on to the next thing. Obviously this mentality is useful as something's require work and fortitude however I believe this mentality is towards the extreme especially after reading the book mentioned in the session I have taken more of a relaxed approached to life as it's important to realize the quality of your work and opportunity then the quantity. By being more of an observer (passive force) I feel I will see better fit where to be active and I will have more energy to be active with for others and for myself. This constant mentality of having to push and push at the expense of health and quality of life I feel is ingrained here in America and I am glad I am able to see the other side and that life doesn't have to and shouldn't constantly be a struggle. I believe I need to work on setting appropriate boundaries in different areas of my life as this will serve as protection and example. I also feel that people respect those that show how they want to be respected. thanks again

Laura said:
(Menna) And Laura, thank you for recommending the book [When the Body Says No by Gabor Mate]. It's helped me.

(L) Oh, I'm tellin' ya! That book was torture for me. I've rheumatoid arthritis, and I had all these female problems, and my kids have got autoimmune conditions... I saw me, I saw everybody around me, I saw everybody I know, and I said, "Oh my GOD! We are all SCREWED!!" [laughter] We gotta read this book and get over it! Okay, so ya'll have a fun time. It was great seeing everybody and ya'll look really wonderful. Alright, nighty night!

A definite YES!!! on the Gabor Maté book. Mine arrived last week and I am half way through it. Last night I came to a part that dealt specifically with a problem that began a sequence of conditions in me over 30 years that culminated in my recent cancer episode. It was the stress at the time, 1990, which combined with a mandatory tetanus inoculation in an ER that triggered a cascade of autoimmune problems. I really wish I had found When the Body Says No a few decades earlier. The death of my father, the high pressure employment and the failing health and mental faculties of my mother 1500 miles away triggered all of the old suppressed childhood feelings of inadequacy and guilt. The result was illness.

This book is a mandatory read for everyone. It has also prompted me to more frequently do the full EE session. No shortcuts.

PS: Thank you Chu for bringing me a nice paleo meal when I was kept overnight in the hospital. That really made a difference. The prognosis for me is now very good and I intend to keep it that way. The 9 months of knocking on heaven's door was a sobering experience. It reminded me of the quote that Laura likes about knowing one is going to be hanged in a fortnight.

I knew you were having some health issues, Rabelais, but didn't know it was cancer. I'm happy you are on the road to recovery and getting to the bottom of some issues. Be well, sending you strength and a big Howdy. :D :hug2:

Lilou said:
I knew you were having some health issues, Rabelais, but didn't know it was cancer. I'm happy you are on the road to recovery and getting to the bottom of some issues. Be well, sending you strength and a big Howdy. :D :hug2:

Same here. Get well soon, Rabelais.

Back
Top Bottom