Fat Bomb - Keto Custard Recipe and variations

I'm new to this keto thing, so I started collecting recipes. I see mention of the Chocolate Fat Bomb, but I can't find the actual recipe with a search. Can someone please point me in that direction?

Thanks!

AFAIK the basic recipe for the Chocolate Fat Bomb was given in this post:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34453.msg501686.html#msg501686

Palinurus said:
AFAIK the basic recipe for the Chocolate Fat Bomb was given in this post:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34453.msg501686.html#msg501686

Oooh, goodie! Thank you very much!

I just tried another low-carb, high fat lunch. It still felt heavy, but I didn't eat as much this time. I'm nowhere near ketosis, but I did notice a boost in energy this time. I think I can get used to this. :cool:

I just had my first Fat Bomb yesterday using the basic recipe given.
This really is yummy and filling! It has a yogurt-like texture though, I'll try the different flavors and consistencies to see what fits best.

On the way to ketosis since 2 weeks.
For 3 months I was (kind of) forced to come back to a carbs/gluten-loaded diet, I had no possibilities to cook and was depending on a restaurant staff to eat. 3e/meal.
It was not a pleasant feeling to reintroduce such a diet since I already was gluten and dairy free, but it allowed me to pay more attention to the overall feeling it produced in my body. Always hungry. Feeling heavy.

Now I'm back, continue to learn, and great news, my family want to give it a try. So, those fat bombs and also bone broths are going to be of great help. We're going to buy some laying hen. It's definitely worth the investment.

Thanks for sharing the recipes and advices.

Just another warning: do not try the keto diet without being fully informed as there are things that can come up and sabotage your efforts if you are not aware. If you can't read the entire keto diet thread, at least read Emmerich's book "Keto Adapted" to fully understand what you are doing and why.

Thanks for the advice, Laura. I'm currently reading it along with the summary made by Gabriella.

Indeed, since others will be trying it as well, they might encounter some of the problems you won't, so it's even more important to be aware of all the potential complications. If there are any who are interested in doing their own research into the diet, rather than just following your lead, then you could suggest for them to read a different book than yours (for instance PBPM) so that there would be more of a spread of information.

It's going a little bit off-topic but you raise the sensation I had when my mother told me to take the lead on the Diet. Question is "Am I supposed to take that responsibility ?"

I've been discussing a lot about it with them but that is their will to follow me on that track. I told them they had to get interested and read more about it first, I have to find more information available in french but I'm not sure they're gonna REALLY make their research on their own. But at least they will dramatically reduce their carbs intake and going out of gluten, which in itself is a good thing. Not sure they'll go full keto though. I transmit your advices.

There's a trigger. My mother was supposed to have a foot surgery in September. The doctor told her that the surgery will be reported to November, because she has to stop smoking during 2 months before. ... He raised no questions regarding diet, however. Go try to argue. She has a long historic with her feet. She has been operated of Hallux Valgus and Morton syndrome. Now she has osteoarthritis.
So the plan is to mend the metatarsus to the phalanx on the big toe. Try on one feet first.
I'm not really happy about both the fact that she has to stop smoking and the mending surgery. I want to find alternatives to reduce her pain because it's been here for years and is not going to go better without change.
I realize I influenced much her decision to follow the diet. She wants to fix it, but doesn't have the energy to bring together all the information. We just began using DMSO+Aloe Vera 50/50 and see if there's any improvement.
Any suggestion would be appreciated regarding it.

Thanks for warning.

By watching others make it, I learned I was doing a couple things wrong, and the corrections made a huge difference.

I don't know why I had been using the whisk attachment on the immersion blender, but once I corrected the mistake and switched to the regular blending attachment (looks like a claw with spinning blade inside the claw). Also, I had been skipping the step of taking the pot off the stove when adding the egg yolk, so I corrected that too. Now the custard consistency is very smooth and creamy.

These are the ingredients I use now. It fills 5 containers for lunch at work for the week.

2 cans Natural Value organic coconut milk (800 mL total)
Ghee made from 1 pound butter
3/4 cup lard
2 tsps of Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin
12 tsps Xyla Birch Xylitol
19 egg yolks
4 tsps vanilla
3 tablespoons Shiloh Farms Organic Cocoa Powder

I had the funny idea of having a fat bomb contest at one of the meetups. Then everyone would leave with fat bombs on the trip home.

I made my first batch of Keto Custard today using itellsya's method (thank you, much simpler) with the 8 egg recipe.

250g butter
80g coconut oil
400ml coconut milk
8 egg yolks
2 tsp (soft) or 2 tbsp (for moulding) gelatin
4 tsp xylitol
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 tsp for plain vanilla)
50ml water, or flavor replacement.

This one. I altered it slightly due to what ingredients I have available.
I split the 330g fat total into 165g of butter and 165g of Lard and skipped the 400ml of coconut milk - I used the water allotment to dissolve the gelatin before adding that.
I also made the mistake of using the 'whisk head' attachment on my blender - it made the result very frothy, and very messy during the whisking process!! Hopefully my next attempt will be much smoother.

I had to be careful when buying vanilla extract as many brands have sugar listed in their ingredients.

This has been a get resource! Thanks for the recipes and tips. So far my concoction has been more in the form of a protein shake (gluten, soy, casein free, etc), and I modified it since reading this thread to include the yolks and butter, as I was already using cocunut and/or avocado oil. The butter definitely turned the consistency to like a cottage cheese, but the flavors are nice.

In any case, this shake had become my pre/post workout fuel while eating paleo and the sustained working energy I get is amazing. In the past day I've been using it in my "fast with fat", which relies on two servings of the shake as the morning and aft./evening meal. I have only good things to report thus far.

Too much xylitol lately with raspberry fat bomb. So I was searching salty fat bomb I found nothing on internet. So here is one :

Fat bomb with smoked salmon

Recipe :

- 2 packs of good quality salmon
- 8 yolks
- 250g butter
- 1 big tbsp of coconut oil
- Dill, chives, tarragon
- Few big pinches of good quality salt
- Coconut cream +20% fat
- a handful of gelatin
- the juice of one or two lemons

Melt down the butter, remove the foam
Add coconut oil, it melts in the butter
Add coconut cream and mix
Add lemon juice
Add yolks and gelatin, and mix again
Add salmon, one slice after the other, and mix
Add herbs (as much as on the picture)
If you wish, add one avocado and mix
Refrigerate one hour
Serve with salmon or trout eggs

Attachments

• 20141024_220624 2.jpg
    20141024_220624 2.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20141024_214440 2.jpg
    20141024_214440 2.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 256
jsf said:
Fat bomb with smoked salmon
Recipe :
- 2 packs of good quality salmon
How do I know what is good quality salmon? Is there a brand you recommend? Are there certain ingredients to watch out for? How is farmed versus wild?

I would only use wild salmons. Farmed salmons are loaded with antibiotics. And even organic salmons are fed with flour. OSIT

Back
Top Bottom