In light of yesterday’s announcement by the governor of California that everyone remain in their houses for non-essential reasons, I just walked a package to the post office, stopped next door and bought my traditional breakfast burrito at my favorite place on Main Street (the White House press briefing on the television), and walked back home along the green-belt (where people were sitting with their dogs, tossing the ball, doing yoga (solo), jogging in couples, etc,). It was all perfectly normal, except for the conversations you catch bits of in passing: all about “Can you believe...”. Of note: the library was closed, the liquor store was not. Otherwise a beautiful, just rained overnight, fresh morning. So there’s some crisis or something??? Everyone’s gonna die?? :umm:

Boris Johnson has just given a speech and pubs, clubs, restaurants, leisure facilities etc. have been ordered to close as of tonight.
That includes me :-( unemployed till further notice. Eek. More time for the forum though! :thup:

(The speech starts about 13minutes in)

Because the few of us that realize this is all total B.S. won't stay at home (I've gone out every day). then that gives "them" the excuse to call in the troops to force us to. People on local Facebook groups are calling for the heads of those who dare to go out in public and "spread the virus"!

OR maybe something weird could happen in our sky soon that they don't want the majority of people look to or pay attention to? could you imagine?

In light of yesterday’s announcement by the governor of California that everyone remain in their houses for non-essential reasons, I just walked a package to the post office, stopped next door and bought my traditional breakfast burrito at my favorite place on Main Street (the White House press briefing on the television), and walked back home along the green-belt (where people were sitting with their dogs, tossing the ball, doing yoga (solo), jogging in couples, etc,). It was all perfectly normal, except for the conversations you catch bits of in passing: all about “Can you believe...”. Of note: the library was closed, the liquor store was not. Otherwise a beautiful, just rained overnight, fresh morning. So there’s some crisis or something??? Everyone’s gonna die?? :umm:
Maybe in few days things will change. In my neighbour during one week I did not see at all a police car. Today 3. And cups here are starting to ask for the id. I have the sensation that another wave of restrictions will come very soon.

Since the State of Urgency we don't hear ambulances (not see them also), not hear trucks of fire, not sirens of police. There is a calm that is strange, like living under water.

Here my street at night.

Attachments

• street.jpg
    street.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 52
Soul smashing, choices

Adobe, Apart from all the vaccinations you have had I could have written your post myself. The exact same thoughts tumble through my head with a continual thought of am I right or wrong. I have a very close knit family but I can envision the day where my thoughts and outlook could clash with theirs and end up being alienated from them. That's in the future, but maybe the not too distant future, and actions and reactions that could compromise the faith of Jesus could be solely tested.

So I’ve been listening a bit to Trump’s press briefing, and the general theme is “War on The Invisible Enemy”, and “When we defeat this enemy, we’ll come right back.” So it’s War and Defeat The Enemy. That really does sound like a thinly veiled suggestion that our civil liberties are about to be massively, 9-11 on steroids, impacted. Hold your course folks! Here comes a wave!

Maybe in few days things will change. In my neighbour during one week I did not see at all a police car. Today 3. And cups here are starting to ask for the id. I have the sensation that another wave of restrictions will come very soon.

Since the State of Urgency we don't hear ambulances (not see them also), not hear trucks of fire, not sirens of police. There is a calm that is strange, like living under water.

Here my street at night.
One difference I did notice is the parked cars on my street. It’s packed. Normally at mid morning on a Friday there would be no cars. Everyone’s usually at work. So it seems like a Sunday morning: everyone is at home. But the people out are the same people I would normally see at 9am on a Friday. The post office was open, as was my favorite little breakfast shop, but Main Street overall was a ghost town. All the shops are closed, there’re no cars parked on that usually busy street. Last night around 11:00, I heard the police helicopter circling a couple of streets over. The words that came to mind were, “I am Negan!” :lol: (A Walking Dead reference). But being near the beach (and a half dozen pubs), you tend to hear the helicopter a few times a month, so that wasn’t unusual.

Was thinking this myself after talking to someone the other day who was in city centre here. Only people out were homeless lots of homeless on the streets in many countries, what will they do with them? Addicts won't have access to drugs they are roaming the streets, soup runs cancelled etc no one to feed them. Crazy situation

Sorry if this has been already shared (still have 5 pages not read yet ahead), but here in France, they are talking about it:
Coronavirus: hoteliers put to good use to welcome homeless people

The Accor group has already proposed to make nearly a thousand rooms available to house the homeless during the confinement period. The government held talks this Thursday with hotel groups to extend the scheme. A similar scheme is also being drawn up for health personnel.

With the coronavirus crisis, hoteliers are closing rooms one after the other for lack of customers. At the same time, the 157,000 emergency accommodation places available in France are not enough to accommodate all the homeless, who must also be confined.

The government has therefore decided to call on hoteliers to house the homeless. "We need to shelter as many people as possible who continue to live outside," explains Housing Minister Julien Denormandie.

Have any of you have ever seen any Power that should not Be showing the slightest hint of compassion for the homeless?
Why nobody has to remain outside? What is going to happen outside? What the heck? :umm:

Furthermore, for hours this afternoon, it smelled so bad outside that I had to completely close the windows. It was a mixture of sulfur and rotten egg...
Last time it felt that way, was when the Eyjafjallajökull erupted back in 2010. It's a bit better for now, but weather became very cold too besides last days almost springtime sky and temperatures.

I just did my practicum in data science - studied MIMIC hospital admission data. So many patients in hospitals with type 2 diabetes, kidney failure, sepsis, high blood pressure, respiratory failure, heart disease, and many other serious diseases. Some of these patients have been diagnosed with multiple, life-threatening diseases upwards of 20 times per diagnosis. My point is that there is such a thing as '"professional patients" and any one of these people could be diagnosed with COV-19 but nevertheless die of some other life-threatening illness - just sayin'. I am not a medical professional, but I think many that are could speak to this phenomenon. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I want to encourage many of you who are not yet members, to join FOTCM. With membership, and enough posts so that we can get a feel for sincerity (and I see a LOT of sincerity in this thread), you can be admitted to the private forum where meetings and other things are organized. In these times, the benefits may be helpful.

So I’ve been listening a bit to Trump’s press briefing, and the general theme is “War on The Invisible Enemy”, and “When we defeat this enemy, we’ll come right back.” So it’s War and Defeat The Enemy. That really does sound like a thinly veiled suggestion that our civil liberties are about to be massively, 9-11 on steroids, impacted. Hold your course folks! Here comes a wave!

I saw this trump tweet also that Laura had relayed on Facebook and I thought "what does he really mean by the word war against the invisible" Trump is clever even if his hands are more or less tied and that gives me a good reason to think that the word invisible wouldn't refer to the virus. The deep state is also an invisible being haha

Ok. I know I was also on the pure scare story train, but I found this vid on YT.

She is a 33 year old woman, she doesn't look that sick to me, but what she is telling is like "it is definitely no flu, it's much worse. it must be airborne, because she took all precautions like sanitizers, washing hands often and so on.

So maybe there is something, and maybe it is a lot more different than we think.

And so it happened. The first death in Serbia from Coronavirus. It is a 59 year old man who also had other health issues. There was also a record number of deaths in Italy today - 627. So our PM warned us that we must take drastic measures because the Italian scenario can also happen to us. And she announced new measures: from tomorrow evening there will be no public transport, and from Sunday evening all bars, restaurants and shopping malls will be closed. The curfew is still the same, but they are already publishing articles in which they criticize young people for going out and using this time as a holiday and not behaving as in a crisis. So they are preparing us for 24h curfew, with a possible one more step in between. Other countries in the surroundings, like Bulgaria and Albania, are starting to use military on the street to help police in maintaining the curfew. We still don't have that, but it also goes in steps. First they say they need military to protect the hospitals, and then suddenly they are all over the city. These measures spread so fast, just like a virus.

I want to encourage many of you who are not yet members, to join FOTCM. With membership, and enough posts so that we can get a feel for sincerity (and I see a LOT of sincerity in this thread), you can be admitted to the private forum where meetings and other things are organized. In these times, the benefits may be helpful.

Now that you mention it Laura, I would have liked to join the FOTCM, but if I am not mistaken, you have to send a letter to submit the application ? The French post office has been in total panic these last few days so much so that they are not sure to be open again on Monday. I hope it will be unblocked anyway.

A lot to try and keep up on, on this thread! Definitely interesting to hear everyone's take though on this topic..what a surreal time we seem to be entering.

Sorry to hear that. We are basically in the same position. To top it off, me and C have just started a business and taken out a big loan :lol:, yet with amazon shutting off FBA for small sellers, and supplements being "non-essential", that whole plan could go south VERY quickly if things carry on like this. But I am left thinking -"Oh well, it was worth a try!"

Now is the time to make use of the skills we have in some way in preparation for all potential outcomes. I have decided to study herbal medicine intensively - have stocked up on textbooks and whatnot, and am going to delve into that in the coming months. After all, if all else fails - plants will likely still be growing, and there will always be people who are sick!
I think it is an excellent idea. Our grand-mothers knew this knowledge and cured people when necessary in times of war. In the novel by Kimi Eisele, " The Lightest
object of the Universe" that talks about the fall of the system and how people cope with this extraordinary change, there is a very interesting character that know how to cure with plants and many friends are able to survived or received her help when sick. I think it is sooooo important.The return to the basic at so many levels.

Think it's a great idea as well. The story goes in my family that what kept my grandfather alive as an infant when he was close to death from the Spanish flu in 1918 was a poultice my great grandmother made and applied to him. My mother called the poultice a 'mud pack' and that it may have been partly made out of tobacco. Would be really interesting to know what it was made out of (this is my mother's side of the family that came from Mississippi, btw). My great grandfather died from the Spanish flu sometime before my grandfather fell ill..I've been told that my great grandmother was very determined to do all she could to keep her son alive, after losing her husband.

Back
Top Bottom