What do you think of gaia.com?

Use the search function to read about what people have said about Emory Smith before starting a thread on it. There’s also information on the forum about the guy who founded gaia.com and some of the unsavory characters he hung around. All there if you want to dig around.

You might also want to familiarize yourself with how people here view the New Age movement and COINTELPRO. Provides context when discussing these subjects.
Appreciate it, Benkostka🙏

I’m not just new to this forum, I’m new to any kind of forum. My first post anywhere was my intro post here.

So I’m still going about it a bit clumsily. Forgot to search for the name, for example.

And if anybody could explain how to reply to just a part of some ody else’s post?

(I kinda marvel at quoting from website or from other threads. But I suppose that can come later, if necessary)

And if anybody could explain how to reply to just a part of some ody else’s post?

If you highlight the text you want to quote (by clicking and dragging the mouse over it - or touching and dragging your finger, if you're using a mobile phone), a little popup command box with "Quote" and "Reply" will appear, like this:

Capture.PNG

So then you can click "Reply" if you want to immediately quote and reply to JUST the highlighted text, OR if you want to quote multiple different sections of text (even ones from different people or different threads), you can click "+Quote" and it will save the text for you. You can keep highlighting plus clicking "+Quote" to save as many different bits of text as you want, then when you're ready to write the reply, you can click "Insert quotes..." down at the bottom of the post-writing box:

Capture2.PNG

...to insert all the various bits of text you've quoted.. after which you can go through and type in your replies underneath each one... Hope that makes sense! :)

Hello Dovana,
You can select the text you want to reply to. A "+ Quote" menu option appears beneath the selected text. Here is an example:
1678060257613.png
You can repeat the operation many times if you want (for different portions of the text, even from different posts). When you're ready to reply, you will see a new button appear:
1678060499826.png
When you click on "Insert quotes", there is a message asking you if you want to proceed with the quotes (you can select the ones you don't want to reply to anymore) and the quotes are automatically posted. All that's left is to add your reply outside of these quotes.
Hope it helps.

Edit: Consider Brandon's reply above, it's better explained.

Last edited:
Well, I’m quite enthusastic about it, even while I see many serious problems (tons of low-quality stuff, questionable authors, likely contact with big info managers, etc). Didn’t mean to be salesy. If it can be taken as unwelcome promotion, I should change how and what I communicate.

And btw, thanks for mentioning how you experience it coming from your family members. I never got to know anybody else who used, so I’m quite curious

You good, it’s that sometimes, those kind of sites mislead many times and that bothers me a little. To tell you about my past experience, before coming here and being a member of this forum, I used to follow similar sites and at the beginning I was really invested, back then there was a lot of enthusiasm about people having memories from Atlantis, Mars beings reincarnated on earth, and the popular one was about light beings who were “watching” over the planet to save us when everything would go down badly or whatever, just to name a few, and over and over I got a bit disappointed when many predictions did not come to realization back then… and then after doing some research I realized many of the people on those sites didn’t have a proper background to research about them. Which was very suspicious. After reading the Cs materials and the Wave, and years of research and realizations, you discover how to dissect a little bit what could be good info or not (or at least that’s what happened to many of us), so my recommendation to you is just to be open when you check that material, or any material actually, and take everything with a grain of salt. A deep research to back up any channeling material information is the best approach.

many predictions did not come to realization
This is why I love predictions. They can be tested. It’s like in the case when earlier I said “I love it when channeled entities speak directly”, I was talking about the C’s being direct about saying that lady was just being greedy. Such an assertion can be tested, even if it needs time.

It’s been a fun adventure learning to filter and swim through so much info. It’s a tragedy that so many of us are in a state to drown in it - and virtually all of us do to some extent

And I’ve been doing so many things lately and only realizing my intention more fully in hindsight. I guess one my intention was to see how the collective intelligence of the forum would react to a phenomenon such as Gaia.

I did want to talk about the stuff I find cool, too😂

Anyways, I appreciate the attention and the participation very much🙏

On the question on whether there are useful information in a source that's mostly nonsense, one can of course argue that searching for the needle (truth) in the haystack (lies) can be worth it. However, it depends on whether that useful or true information can be found elsewhere with less hassle. For example, let's suppose we have two books A and B where in A, the information in buried in 98% of nonsense, and in B, the errors or lies or nonsense is only 10%. Not only finding the useful information in A is more difficult and it takes more time, but also one is more likely to make errors that take more time to recover from. Now if a book C with 98% nonsense has a useful information that cannot be found in A or B or anywhere else, then maybe it is worth the effort, but I strongly doubt it is the case of this gaia business. OSIT

Ooooh. This feels very advanced. Quite neat. Thanks🙏
Hey Dovana, I limp around computer skills....In my intro, I think it was, mentioned concerning my typing skills, that my hands have been clocked at 5 words per minute! 🤣

Since I'm here, will put in my 2 cents worth on who I read and put stock in....They don't have a huge following, nor a flashy platform, and don't get tv spotlights or plugs....If meant to, you'll find them.

However, I do find pearls of wisdom here and there and I did pick up a few things from new age stuff, even if it was a lesson on discernment. Nature has taught me much. Somethings have been found in movies, novels and topic books, life situations and what people have passed on. Patterns jump out at me.....Heck once on a bubble gum wrapper, where Bazooka Joe said something profound!

I’m not just new to this forum, I’m new to any kind of forum. My first post anywhere was my intro post here.
I guess one my intention was to see how the collective intelligence of the forum would react to a phenomenon such as Gaia.

Hi Dovana, I'll just quote an answer made to another member (in this thread), thought it may be usefull here too :

This network was formed and has been sustained for so long on the basis of a collective effort to weed out biases and blind spots (which we all have) and to seek out as much diverse information as possible in an effort to create as wide and as deep an understanding of the complexity and multi faceted nature of reality. What one might term mosaic thinking. Your desire to share your experiences and knowledge is most welcome but you have perhaps gathered we are very wary of those who join and then start professing that what they have learned on their own beats the accumulated, cross referenced knowledge that has painstakingly been built up over many many years of collaborative exchange and discussion. That's why your decision to take time to read the Wave was so good to hear because one of its many, many priceless gifts is that the reader gets the chance to journey with Laura as even she had to learn the hard way the cost of facing one's own blind spots and self-delusions based on wishful thinking. I reiterate we all have them - for as Laura put it once, there's a program for EVERYONE.

Networking is fun !!!

I recall discussing this organization quite a few years ago. Vincent Bridges and Jay Weidner were somehow involved and so was Jirka Rysavy who was, I think, the financial funding behind the project of "buying up the New Age", as it was put.

Yup. Just did a search:

It was Gaiam when we were talking about it which is why it didn't ring the right bell when this thread opened. Bridges tried to get Ark and I involved with Gaiam way back when. We declined.

From the Wikipedia piece: "In 2018, criticism by a filmmaker formerly employed by Gaia, Patty Greer, ended with a public apology to Gaia after she accused them of "promoting Luciferianism and using directed-energy weapons against critics."

Obviously, mainstream views of such a project will be negative and derogatory.

It's an interesting concept, but obviously, there's not much in the way of discrimination. No one can claim to have the whole banana and such topics as gaia.com covers need exposure and some degree of normalizing. But, of course, I'm always reminded of what Ibn-al-Arabi said about the "imaginal worlds", that they were more dangerous than the darkest jungle.

I think that this problem of the gullibility and susceptibility of the uneducated is the reason behind many religious/spiritual systems banning dabbling outright. If you don't know what you are doing you can be exposed to serious danger. And, as we learn from reading Malachi Martin's book, "Hostage to the Devil", sometimes just curiosity and a little dabbling can be an invitation to be taken over by powerful spirit forces. Even just "calling on your higher self" can be answered by a dark spirit that will say "Oh, that's me! I'm on!"

So, while I would welcome normalization of the topics, it really ought to be handled more like a chemistry class with strong warnings about what NOT to do to prevent explosions, burns, poisoning, etc. and careful explanations about what certain chemicals do when mixed. Sometimes, it is not very pleasant to understate the matter. As the Cs say, knowledge protects, but for that to happen, you have to acquire the right knowledge and know when and how to apply it which is a topic all by itself.

I recall discussing this organization quite a few years ago. Vincent Bridges and Jay Weidner were somehow involved and so was Jirka Rysavy who was, I think, the financial funding behind the project of "buying up the New Age", as it was put.

Yup. Just did a search:

It was Gaiam when we were talking about it which is why it didn't ring the right bell when this thread opened. Bridges tried to get Ark and I involved with Gaiam way back when. We declined.

From the Wikipedia piece: "In 2018, criticism by a filmmaker formerly employed by Gaia, Patty Greer, ended with a public apology to Gaia after she accused them of "promoting Luciferianism and using directed-energy weapons against critics."

Obviously, mainstream views of such a project will be negative and derogatory.

It's an interesting concept, but obviously, there's not much in the way of discrimination. No one can claim to have the whole banana and such topics as gaia.com covers need exposure and some degree of normalizing. But, of course, I'm always reminded of what Ibn-al-Arabi said about the "imaginal worlds", that they were more dangerous than the darkest jungle.

I think that this problem of the gullibility and susceptibility of the uneducated is the reason behind many religious/spiritual systems banning dabbling outright. If you don't know what you are doing you can be exposed to serious danger. And, as we learn from reading Malachi Martin's book, "Hostage to the Devil", sometimes just curiosity and a little dabbling can be an invitation to be taken over by powerful spirit forces. Even just "calling on your higher self" can be answered by a dark spirit that will say "Oh, that's me! I'm on!"

So, while I would welcome normalization of the topics, it really ought to be handled more like a chemistry class with strong warnings about what NOT to do to prevent explosions, burns, poisoning, etc. and careful explanations about what certain chemicals do when mixed. Sometimes, it is not very pleasant to understate the matter. As the Cs say, knowledge protects, but for that to happen, you have to acquire the right knowledge and know when and how to apply it which is a topic all by itself.
Laura, thank you for the insider info. I can’t find a word to describe the background of Gaia - ‘fishy’ seems like an understatement, but ‘dangerous’ seems not to capture the complexity.

I suppose I’m fascinated by the mishmash of elements. It’s like universes colliding. This page on Wiki is such a fine tell of how big a mess the background is.

To me, there’s clearly harm in the platform. And there’s clearly good in it as well.

I echo your words on handling these phenomena. This is potent stuff.

I see that I largely underestimated its destructive potential by (once again in my life) overestimating people’s ability to discern.

Cheers🙏

Back
Top Bottom