What is God Generically & Actually...

Yes, we need the material world and the spiritual, it's maybe an illusion based on some kind of fear to think otherwise. Its like when I was thinking about our illusions in this density but at the same time not wanting to scape. Its needed to discern and learn to acces a realm with an equilibrium of matter and eter or something like that. 4d density. And I need to be here to learn about my conscience and see how much I am in control.

Hi, Bud: I'll try to answer your question:
Well, it's a matter of categories or levels if you will. Picture the ray of creation. (using G.'s terminology).
It flows from the Absolute to the endpoint. Here you have a direction that can not be reversed.
Therefore a consciousness identyfied with the physical can not possibly understand wath is "above".
Only when the higher centers in man are linked by means of expansion and growth of consciousness
can Spirit be approached.
Here is another example: Have you ever tried to communicate a personal experience to someone
who never had even a similar experience? It will be like explaining to a dweller of the tropics what snow is!

Hi All,

have been away doing normal life things...

Anyway, just to reiterate, my proposition is in no way an egotistical desire to 'be' god, but rather a desire to understand on a conceptual level what god is, & by inference what we & the universe are (& visa-versa).

I think in simple terms since that may be all that is required at a conceptual level. So i wont say god is composed of xyz matter, or that there are x number of multi-verses, etc etc.
Rather like a Buddhist saying along the lines of : 'there once was a caterpillar that dreamt it was a man that dreamt it was a caterpillar... ' In which case was the being a caterpillar, a man, or something else.. god?

I suspect, based on logic (connecting the dots), that IF god exists then everything is god (irrespective of the forms of everything).

I fail to see how everything in the universe/s can be anything other than god personified/expressed, since the alternative would mean god is less than 100% all that is.

Its simple logic, that does not require expansive knowledge of the esoteric, physics, religion, science, etc...

Doesn't mean that i have extraordinary powers, or that i have nothing to learn. My experience has primarily been as a human in this world subject in what may or may not be a collective matrix-like dream of a 3rd dimensional carbon based existence. I say primarily because i have meditated for over 15 yrs with leading exponents of various beliefs - & where i have occasionally experienced incredible visions & 'knowings' or revelations. We seem to exist in the only way we know how to exist. Maybe if our 'knowing' was augmented then our existence would change, just like learning facts allows us to do our jobs better. If god told us that we always had the ability to fly, & that all we have to do is 'believe', then it would mean our own beliefs or ignorance kept us from flying & that a simple piece of undeniable knowledge (ie from god) is all it takes to trigger flight.

The answer to my question is on some level however almost irrelevant. Even if i am correct, what then? :/
Nothing really changes. We still have to go out & earn $ to buy things.

If we truly believed my proposition would we suddenly materialise as god? That is, as a single being in a void, like waking up form a dream, because the 'game is over' like in the matrix? Maybe. We/god would then start another dream i suppose.

If we found out the truth or answer to the greatest riddle in existence there'd be no more reason to play this 'game' would there?

It would be like playing monopoly starting as the winner, & knowing by how much i'd win by, etc. Very boring.

The fun of the 'unknown' & the thrill of the chase would no longer exist. As some say, 'the journey is the real goal, not the achievement or conclusion of the goal'.

Despite my proposition i am under no illusion as to what the ultimate 'truth' is. No one can prove their theory. Postulation is the best anyone can do IM understanding of things.

Many forum members recommended various readings which i have scanned briefly, but which r too long to devote sufficient time to do them justice.

I was hoping people would summarise their thoughts based on their readings of the wave etc & what so in conceptual terms define what is god & thus us, animals, thoughts, etc etc.

Cheers
rob :)

Mod note: remove the movement function in the text

Rob said:
Hi All,

have been away doing normal life things...

Anyway, just to reiterate, my proposition is in no way an egotistical desire to 'be' god, but rather a desire to understand on a conceptual level what god is, & by inference what we & the universe are (& visa-versa).

I think in simple terms since that may be all that is required at a conceptual level. So i wont say god is composed of xyz matter, or that there are x number of multi-verses, etc etc.
Rather like a Buddhist saying along the lines of : 'there once was a caterpillar that dreamt it was a man that dreamt it was a caterpillar... ' In which case was the being a caterpillar, a man, or something else.. god?

I suspect, based on logic (connecting the dots), that IF god exists then everything is god (irrespective of the forms of everything).

I fail to see how everything in the universe/s can be anything other than god personified/expressed, since the alternative would mean god is less than 100% all that is.

Its simple logic, that does not require expansive knowledge of the esoteric, physics, religion, science, etc...

Doesn't mean that i have extraordinary powers, or that i have nothing to learn. My experience has primarily been as a human in this world subject in what may or may not be a collective matrix-like dream of a 3rd dimensional carbon based existence. I say primarily because i have meditated for over 15 yrs with leading exponents of various beliefs - & where i have occasionally experienced incredible visions & 'knowings' or revelations. We seem to exist in the only way we know how to exist. Maybe if our 'knowing' was augmented then our existence would change, just like learning facts allows us to do our jobs better. If god told us that we always had the ability to fly, & that all we have to do is 'believe', then it would mean our own beliefs or ignorance kept us from flying & that a simple piece of undeniable knowledge (ie from god) is all it takes to trigger flight.

The answer to my question is on some level however almost irrelevant. Even if i am correct, what then? :/
Nothing really changes. We still have to go out & earn $ to buy things.

If we truly believed my proposition would we suddenly materialise as god? That is, as a single being in a void, like waking up form a dream, because the 'game is over' like in the matrix? Maybe. We/god would then start another dream i suppose.

If we found out the truth or answer to the greatest riddle in existence there'd be no more reason to play this 'game' would there?

It would be like playing monopoly starting as the winner, & knowing by how much i'd win by, etc. Very boring.

The fun of the 'unknown' & the thrill of the chase would no longer exist. As some say, 'the journey is the real goal, not the achievement or conclusion of the goal'.

Despite my proposition i am under no illusion as to what the ultimate 'truth' is. No one can prove their theory. Postulation is the best anyone can do IM understanding of things.

Many forum members recommended various readings which i have scanned briefly, but which r too long to devote sufficient time to do them justice.

I was hoping people would summarise their thoughts based on their readings of the wave etc & what so in conceptual terms define what is god & thus us, animals, thoughts, etc etc.

Cheers
rob :)

Hey Rob, it would read itself much better if the text doesn't move and would be a little bit more externally considerate.

And have you read the Wave Series yet, as was suggested earlier already to you?

Hi Rob. This particular forum really isn't intended or designed with general, abstract metaphysical and philosophical discussions in mind. Though I may sometimes find the activity pleasant and educational in other contexts, I'll just say this much:

[quote author=Rob]
...my proposition is in no way an egotistical desire to 'be' god, but rather a desire to understand on a conceptual level what god is, & by inference what we & the universe are (& visa-versa).[/quote]

Understanding is going to be influenced ultimately by the fact that all conceptual knowledge is at least somewhat inaccurate due to existence of quantum reality and Heisenberg uncertainty - even if inaccuracies relate only to our perceptions and our interpretations - until it's 'not' uncertain, I suppose. Then you would just 'know' and might be unable to satisfactorily express your knowledge with a language that is ill equipped to do so. In short, when we do speak, we often lie. We may not consciously intend it or mean to lie, but in the best-case scenario, it's just that words have boundaries and can only carry so much meaning, with all the complications that implies.

[quote author=Rob]
Despite my proposition i am under no illusion as to what the ultimate 'truth' is. No one can prove their theory. Postulation is the best anyone can do IM understanding of things.[/quote]

Because 'proof by contradiction' is not proof, absolutely, and is only valid for classical contexts? If you understand that and why that is, then I suspect you have access to at least rudimentary quantum thinking mode(s). But if that is the case, why would you want to discuss/debate the question? The TAO that can be spoken is not the eternal TAO, it's been said.

[quote author=Rob]
I was hoping people would summarise their thoughts based on their readings of the wave etc & what so in conceptual terms define what is god & thus us, animals, thoughts, etc etc.[/quote]

In conceptual terms? I believe our Cosmos lives. Humans occupy a band of frequencies on the full conceivable spectrum that is so narrow as to be equivalent to the human genetic material in a chicken and vice versa, averaged out. IOW, anthropomorphic descriptions of 'God' are as ridiculous as trying to convince someone that a chicken is the same as a human. 'God' is not just human, but is simply Distinguished And Undivided All.

Personally, I don't believe in a lot of the sharp system boundaries others seem to believe in. For example, for some people, 'self/other' is a 'binary opposition' (a-posit) - dichotomy with an Aristotelian ex-cluded middle. For other people, 'self-other' is 'contrasting pair' with in-cluded middle (AKA 'gray' areas). In general, I'm biasing more and more toward the latter view.

What else can be said, really? I dunno.

Rob said:
If the answer was that simple, there would be no need for books to convey it ;) . It's like asking someone: can you summarize mathematics in a few sentences?

The term 'god' has generally been used when considering the existence of ultimate being, since observation reveals gradation of complexity to beings.

Clearly, the philosopher's dilemma in this endeavor is that any concept is less than ultimate being.

Might as well ask an ant to define a human.

mkrnhr said:
Rob said:
If the answer was that simple, there would be no need for books to convey it ;) . It's like asking someone: can you summarize mathematics in a few sentences?

So true! And, you cannot learn a thing by having someone tell you about it. If you really want to know something, reading the material and applying it, thinking it through is the only way to do it, or so I think.

There is no EASY way to learn anything. And that is what you seem to want to do. Without putting in the effort to learn, you will only have a bunch of mishmash.

Buddy,

Thanks for your response, it is the type of answer/opinion i have been waiting for. Ie, 'concept' of god.
In conceptual terms? I believe our Cosmos lives.
'God' is not just human, but is simply Distinguished And Undivided All.

However, the following is not what i was after unless there is some evidence to substantiate it"
Humans occupy a band of frequencies on the full conceivable spectrum that is so narrow as to be equivalent to the human genetic material in a chicken and vice versa, averaged out.

By "Undivided All" do you mean god is everything?

What do you mean by "distinguished"?

cheers :)
rob

MK,

If the answer was that simple, there would be no need for books to convey it . It's like asking someone: can you summarize mathematics in a few sentences?

Hmm, i'm not after a technical or scientific description but rather conceptual. And concepts r IMO possible since you dont need science to explain what god is.

For example, i think god is everything, that 'there is nothing that is not god, god is all the exists'. That statement doesnt require science or facts just some logic.

And i can summarise maths in 1 sentence: it is a system of rules that allows the accurate calculation of quantities or values, thus providing the same answer each time the same values are input into an equation... ;D

If God is 'all that is' the logical implications r enormous. People would realise, if they had any semblance of IQ, that when they put a gun to the head of their victim that they r putting a gun to their own head as well. And if Karma exists then that would be a potential explanation for it. :cool2:

Jerry,

The term 'god' has generally been used when considering the existence of ultimate being, since observation reveals gradation of complexity to beings.

Clearly, the philosopher's dilemma in this endeavor is that any concept is less than ultimate being.

it depends on what the person means by 'ultimate'...

If they mean that the being is an individual that is the strongest, smartest etc in the universe then they r probably talking about demi-gods rather than god. Demi gods can be killed, at least that's what the movies portray.

But my generic definition rather than description of 'god' is simply 'all that is', god can be no less than everything, & so cannot be killed & cannot suicide, & it is alone.
However, any individual being, no matter how powerful, is just a part of god, but not god in its entirety.

That is why i think we r god, which some people take to mean i am arrogant to compare myself to god. But they miss the point entirely. If god is all that is, then that includes us, trees, dirt, dog poo, thoughts, feelings, maths, etc - everything.....

:halo:

Hi Rob,

If during the year and one month that you were away from this forum you couldn't be bothered to actually read the material that was suggested to you in order to sincerely participate on this forum, why did you return? You wrote:

rob said:

I think it's important that you understand that this forum is not a venue for you to pontificate your subjective theories and demand explanations from others that satisfy your subjective view. In other words, it would be appreciated if you could either clearly explain why you returned to a forum that (from all indications) is not a good fit for you, or you could move along to another forum that suits your needs much better than this one will.

I think "God" is kinda like Playdough ... children mold it into whatever they want it to be at the time.

"God" is all the information that makes up all that exists and all that does not exist (the latter being not a lot). All that information can be understood by humans as the "mind" of "God".

Hi Guardian & Perceval,

great answers, & the children part is cute. ;)

Unfortunately i am apparently pontificating & demanding according to anart so either i must read everything suggested to me or leave this forum.

As much as i genuinely want to read the suggested material higher priority demands on my time such as my dying father, ageing mum, renovating their place, work, & the list really goes on... means i will obey anart & leave until i read the works...

So goodbye one & all,

Robert

Back
Top Bottom