What is God Generically & Actually...

Just wanted to answer your questions...

Rob said:
What do you mean by "distinguished"?

The 'figure' in a 'figure and ground' image? The 'apparitionally apparent' so to speak? The sensed physical pattern of a 'thing' acting as esoteric 'veil' hiding 'Gnostic fire' of an animate, electro-plasmatic, so-energetically-dense-you-can't-possibly-imagine quantum reality? Probably. Who the heck knows?

Rob said:
By "Undivided All" do you mean god is everything?

No and yes. No, the two statements are not equivalent, but yes, if you must convert a gnostic-type statement into a classical tautology based on Aristotle's 'law of identity' and if you also realize that 'every thing' does not equal "All".

Rob, Subject/Object Metaphysics is your 'box'. Debates based on classical diction/contra-diction usually degenerate to mere "yes it is!", "no it ain't!" arguments because both "sides" share the same assumption set. Classical arguments almost always reduce to opinion. That "Sheffer stroke" slash represents "cutting out" quantum included middles and possibility of mediation of "third force". Just like your either/or statement: "...either i must read everything suggested to me or leave this forum."

Rob said:
If god is all that is, then that includes us, trees, dirt, dog poo, thoughts, feelings, maths, etc - everything.....

An apple is an apple? Rob...please take advantage of the reading material you've been offered links to. It'll do you a world a' good; and if you're sincere... us too!

Rob said:
Jerry,

The term 'god' has generally been used when considering the existence of ultimate being, since observation reveals gradation of complexity to beings.

Clearly, the philosopher's dilemma in this endeavor is that any concept is less than ultimate being.

it depends on what the person means by 'ultimate'...

If they mean that the being is an individual that is the strongest, smartest etc in the universe then they r probably talking about demi-gods rather than god. Demi gods can be killed, at least that's what the movies portray.

But my generic definition rather than description of 'god' is simply 'all that is', god can be no less than everything, & so cannot be killed & cannot suicide, & it is alone.
However, any individual being, no matter how powerful, is just a part of god, but not god in its entirety.

That is why i think we r god, which some people take to mean i am arrogant to compare myself to god. But they miss the point entirely. If god is all that is, then that includes us, trees, dirt, dog poo, thoughts, feelings, maths, etc - everything.....

:halo:

If god is all that is, god embodies 'stupidity' for example. So any one person could be the stupidity part of god made manifest, or at least embody that aspect of god to a strong degree. So calling oneself 'god' doesn't necessarily mean something positive, as we humans might define it.

Perceval said:
If god is all that is, god embodies 'stupidity' for example. So any one person could be the stupidity part of god made manifest, or at least embody that aspect of god to a strong degree. So calling oneself 'god' doesn't necessarily mean something positive, as we humans might define it.

Well said. Also, calling oneself god, or 'a part of god' makes a nice theory, but doesn't produce in us anything useful at all. Only wishful thinking and buffers against the fact that we are not even our own god, god over ourselves. Or so I think.

Not sure if i should respond to answers, but i may be considered rude if i dont, so briefly:

So calling oneself 'god' doesn't necessarily mean something positive, as we humans might define it.

Yes, god is everything IMO therefore god is positive, negative (just like a magnet is both), neutral , stupidity, intelligence, basically anything u can think of (good, evil,....).

Well said. Also, calling oneself god, or 'a part of god' makes a nice theory, but doesn't produce in us anything useful at all. Only wishful thinking and buffers against the fact that we are not even our own god, god over ourselves. Or so I think.

hmm, it does produce something in me, since i do believe i am just an illusion, or if physical then at a base level no better than any other human, animal, plant, micro-organism, dirt, etc, because we r all part of the whole, ie god expressed. One piece of water is no better or worse than another piece of water at a conceptual level.

Basically i no longer believe i am an individual, I am merely atoms/energy formed into a being. Besides, energy streams into & out of us, so where EXACTLY is our human body's boundary? There doesn't seem to be any.

Therefore all people, animals, etc r an part of me, just energy coalesced into forms, therefore if i hurt them i hurt myself. Sort of like Karma. I therefore care for & respect (as best i can) the entire universe as well as the non-physical (ideas, math, etc).

Again, its not for ego boosting i believe we r god, its just a logical conclusion if my definition is correct.... If everyone believed this, then there would be no war....

Thanks for being patient with me.. & your thoughtful answers & guidance..

if i manage to read the works in their entirety i'll be back... though it may be for a long time...

all the best..
Rob

Rob said:
Basically i no longer believe i am an individual, I am merely atoms/energy formed into a being. Besides, energy streams into & out of us, so where EXACTLY is our human body's boundary? There doesn't seem to be any.

Try walking through a wall and you'll find your body's boundaries soon enough, not to mention the boundaries of the wall.

Rob said:
Therefore all people, animals, etc r an part of me, just energy coalesced into forms, therefore if i hurt them i hurt myself. Sort of like Karma. I therefore care for & respect (as best i can) the entire universe as well as the non-physical (ideas, math, etc).

I don't think so. The point of existence at 3rd density is to choose a polarity. You are given this task, or opportunity, to choose. You can ignore or reject it by continuing to believe that 'all people and animals are a part of you', which would suggest that you are choosing not to progress but stay at the level of "primal soup", where everything is mixed together, or, indulge yourself in delusions of being able to be aware of, or act out the nature of, 7th density reality were all are in fact one before being disbursed out into the myriad forms and levels of existence. Point is, you seem to be attached to the typical new age belief of "all are one" that seeks to completely ignore the reality of the level we are at and the task of dealing with that level before progressing in a natural way. There are no free lunches Rob. You progress by dealing with and learning the lessons of THIS level, where you fit. When you've learned the lessons, you no longer "fit", to quote the Cs.

Rob said:
Unfortunately i am apparently pontificating & demanding according to anart so either i must read everything suggested to me or leave this forum.

As much as i genuinely want to read the suggested material higher priority demands on my time such as my dying father, ageing mum, renovating their place, work, & the list really goes on... means i will obey anart & leave until i read the works...

Actually, Rob, I asked you to please explain why you returned to this forum when you've clearly stated that you are not interested in actually reading the associated material and seem only interested in pontificating. Instead of answering my direct question, you've complained about my request in several posts (and not even kept that complaining to the original thread). There is no reason to go into 'poor pitiful me' mode, though it would be appreciated if you would simply answer the original question.

Fine, i will answer as directly as i can muster.

BTW, dad died on the 5th this month (which should be a blatantly obvious reason why i havent spent time the reqhuge

Back
Top Bottom