What is God Generically & Actually...

Jerry said:
[quote author=AdamantineLady]I have simply revealed my experiences

As of yet you haven't shared any experiences, but want us to believe that you are special by merely stating you've had them.

Your posts read as if the members here need to know something that you already know, but aren't mature enough to be told in a straightforward manner.

Such condescending "hinting" is manipulative and reveals a self-serving intent.
[/quote]

When you do 'find', and the experiences that lead to this are unique to each and every person, you recognize that words about that experience are totally inept to describe it and rather useless to others trying to find their way. I am not manipulating, just pointing out that 'finding' actually is there. No personal motive. No insisting what you 'have' to find. Just describing what helped me find. Nothing more. Nothing less. I am mature enough to recognize this. Your insult and injury over this won't help you at all in the long run.

If members are not here to relate what precipitated their experiences and discoveries along the way, then what do they come for? You can shoot down my expressions of it but it doesn't touch upon what I have experienced in the least. I cannot describe heaven to you yet I know it directly and personally and anything I have heard inside the 'church' or out, or books on enlightenment or realization even approaches what it is and I am pretty extensively read. At best it is allegory. What you would find there would be totally different from what I found yet totally the same at the same time. That is because you are who you are and your experience of it will be tailored to exactly that. Is that straightforward enough for you. A group experience isn't exact duplication as much as you'd like to believe it is. God just isn't that limiting. It is a map to an unconfineable and unconformable ground. Surely you won't fault me for knowing the forest for the trees...or maybe you will.

Butterflies don't have conflicts over the differing shapes of the cocoons left behind. It is immaterial. Were I a guru and could transmit to you the experience of what it is I speak of, you would go "Ohhhhhh" and have nothing more to spar about. As it is currently, I am not. On the 'other side' of this experience, I still love relating to people and that is why I showed up on this forum. I still pick up nuances, and reflections of the discoveries of others that come from so vast a spectrum that any one person doesn't know its fullness and still remain in this world.

Specialness is in the eye of the beholder. What I have experienced and know because of it is with me forever. In this world, you can only come as you are...and I have. There is room for the truth as it is revealed to each person. So far I find that members can bring their struggles along the way but as you have presented they cannot dare to 'find' for if they do and it isn't expressed exactly to your liking they are 'out'. I am not afraid of being out. It is not the penalty that those who practice rejection think it is.

I haven't arrived to compete with you over who I am. If all you can reflect is your resounding disapproval of what I have to contribute, it is your own limiting view and agenda. I haven't come to stroke your ego and grovel at your reproof. It's your mirror. Welcome to it.

:rockon:

These are my thoughts on it.

AdamantineLady said:
I haven't arrived to compete with you over who I am. If all you can reflect is your resounding disapproval of what I have to contribute, it is your own limiting view and agenda. I haven't come to stroke your ego and grovel at your reproof. It's your mirror. Welcome to it.

AdamantineLady, I think it's truly unfortunate that you have not heard one word written to you in the spirit it was written, nor with the meaning it was written. You will obviously be happier on a forum that fully supports your current belief system, so I wish you well.

Hey AdamantineLady, you've commented about how everyone is scratching your ego except me. Have I nothing to contribute? I too come from a deep monotheistic belief system too. I have had spirit whisperings and what could be called visions. I was in the upper hierarchy of my old religion. I tended the flock. But i always thought there was an untold story, apparently you are firm in your belief system. Good for you, BUT... I really tried to be sympathetic and wondered if you were indeed seeking knowledge. And apparently have not read the forum guidelines because if you did, I doubt you would be here, unless your just trying to pick a fight.

:bye: :bye: :bye:

AdamantineLady said:
I haven't come to stroke your ego and grovel at your reproof. It's your mirror. Welcome to it.

Yes these are your thoughts.

Good luck in your travels.

AdamantineLady, all you've written is a circular monologue to yourself. There are no shared experiences or thoughts anywhere, just nebulous crap.

If you want to argue, forget it. If you want to share, please do.

If that's too much to ask, I've got better things to do. :scooter:

AdamantineLady said:
If members are not here to relate what precipitated their experiences and discoveries along the way, then what do they come for?

Most folks that drop in here are looking for something. Usually, they're looking for answers. Other times they come with answers and their cup too full to add any more knowledge. Perhaps that is where you are in your journey?

This forum is based on objective researching on an enormous variety of topics. In your intro post, you were rather vague as to why you you chose to become a member here. Other than religion, perhaps you can enlighten us a bit more in what your interests are here regarding the esoteric, health related issues and healthy diet, meditation and breathing, ancient science, psychopathology, paleochristianity, etc.

Hi AdamantineLady,

You say that you are well read. Since you enjoy reading, I would suggest that you just take a bit of time to read up on what this forum is about as well as what it is that we discuss here. Perhaps you will find something of interest? At that point, we'll all be on the same page and then a discussion based on mutual sharing can take place. :)

Hi AdamantineLady,

When you do 'find', and the experiences that lead to this are unique to each and every person, you recognize that words about that experience are totally inept to describe it and rather useless to others trying to find their way. I am not manipulating, just pointing out that 'finding' actually is there. <snip>

I cannot describe heaven to you yet I know it directly and personally... <snip>

What you would find there would be totally different from what I found yet totally the same at the same time. That is because you are who you are and your experience of it will be tailored to exactly that. <snip>

On the 'other side' of this experience, I still love relating to people and that is why I showed up on this forum. I still pick up nuances, and reflections of the discoveries of others that come from so vast a spectrum that any one person doesn't know its fullness and still remain in this world. <snip>

From Newbie Intro:
I have simply been watching this world and I somehow believe that at some point within and without will somehow match up.

We can all agree, based on your input so far, that within and without don't really 'match' at the moment - as far as most replies tried to make that clear to you.

The difference between your approach and that of most others in this forum can be marked as the conviction -based on expertise, research and dialog- that there is WORK to be done to make those two match at some point in (y)our development. Part of that work may be to try to be as precise as possible about your 'within' and about the experiences that help(ed) shape it.
There will always be a gap between words and realities (the map, not the territory, remember) as there is also a gap between (y)our within and without. But the within always shines through into the without. Some of the contributions hinted at that previously.

It would be presumptuous of you to start from an assumption to be the only person here with such experiences or with a 'within' of considerable substance. You're not. Yet, those that were lucky enough to have developed a tiny little bit farther than some others might have, DO have an obligation (or so I think) to NOT mystify about it or make all that stuff unnecessarily complicated. As soon as you start reading the works of Laura (among others) you are bound to notice willy-nilly that great clarity in these matters is possible - although very hard to actively master...

Rob,

While I was reading your first post, I was thinking 'Gee, this guy is making it really tough to be God', but then I realized you were hypothesizing, so I read on.

I came to this area, because I too have been trying to find a name for God, the more I read, the more confused I got (not your post, my search for God). It seems we share some similar thoughts, so I'll share a few of the things I picked up:

"Every religion explains that we are all children of god, and have godliness inside us. Once we
understand that God is nothing more than the spiritual web that connects all things, all
religious scriptures begin to make more sense. Our bodys are merely vessels that contain our
spirits to gather experience for the divine mind".

And I must confess, that I finally realized how sacred our Native Americans were (are)), I blame the PTB for leading me to believe they were a bunch of savages that killed buffalo and coyotes.

The real take-away for me was this Native American Prayer:

"Great spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all in the world.
Hear me, I am small and I am weak, I need your strength and your wisdom, let me walk in beauty, and let my eyes ever behold, the red and purple sunsets that you have created with me, make my hands respect the things that you have made, and my ears sharp to hear your words and your voice. Let me learn the lesson that you have hidden under every rock and leaf, I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy, myself. Make me always be ready, to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes, So that when my life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit can come to you, without shame."

P.S.A question to the board, I seem to remember reading that Laura was, or had, written a book, with a title something like "Who Was God?" Is my memory completely shot, or has she written a book about God?

Thanks All!!!

Chang

At our present state the question: "What is God?" is quite meaningless and a thorough waste of time
and energy. There is the physical and there is the realm of Spirit and the two shall never meet.
That means simply that rational thinking applies to the material world but only Spirit can know Spirit.
The Work is about knowing yourself; that is discovering your real Self by conscious effort.
All "sacred" scriptures are feeble analogies only pointing to the way, never to be taken literally also
they may have a literal meaning.
This is my understanding today. Let's all hope that we are able and willing to learn.

Leo40 said:
There is the physical and there is the realm of Spirit and the two shall never meet.
That means simply that rational thinking applies to the material world but only Spirit can know Spirit.

Sounds a bit like a very common cultural bias equation: rationality = anti-spiritual AND Spiritual = anti-rationality. To me that's a signature of a kind of polarized thinking we absorb from our cultural conditioning.

My understanding is that rationality AND spirituality are different modes of the same thing, thus integrated in nature, though not necessarily in man.

Hi, Bud:

Where did you get the "anti-"? What I expressed can also be called: "Using the right tool for the job".
If you never experienced Spirit then there is nothing within you to provide knowledge of the subject.
Only when you have made the connection to your higher centers due to work on yourself can you
communicate with Spirit.
Example: All mystics and others who had moments of "cosmic conciousness" find it impossible to
verbalize the experience. The same is true for NDE experiencers.
The only recognizable effect is that the person is changed completely and many times has great
difficulty andjusting back to "normal" life in 3D.

Leo40 said:
Hi, Bud:

Where did you get the "anti-"? What I expressed can also be called: "Using the right tool for the job".

Hey Leo. I interpreted your expression as suggesting "mutual exclusion". In other people, I call this a cultural bias equation because it can be observed in people by simply noticing where the attention is focused compared to what they say, and by noticing that the distinction appears to be an apparent opposition in the first place.

Leo40 said:
If you never experienced Spirit then there is nothing within you to provide knowledge of the subject. Only when you have made the connection to your higher centers due to work on yourself can you communicate with Spirit.
Example: All mystics and others who had moments of "cosmic conciousness" find it impossible to verbalize the experience. The same is true for NDE experiencers.
The only recognizable effect is that the person is changed completely and many times has great difficulty andjusting back to "normal" life in 3D.

I didn't realize you were using "Spirit" and "cosmic consciousness" synonymously. Still, I wonder if you would explain where this: "There is the physical and there is the realm of Spirit and the two shall never meet" came from? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom