SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video suggestions

December 8th - Impressive light pillars recorded over Tyumen in Western Siberia

Oh, those are beautiful !!

I have seen them several times in Stockholm, too (I might even have photos of them, but have to dig deep into my archive first) They are also called "False Northern Lights". I remember one time, when I drove the subway in Stockholm, one driver was calling the Traffic Central (TLC) over the radio reporting "there are northern lights in the sky"- but those were false Northern Lights :lol:

you need special meteorological conditions for those to occur. e.g. no winds and special shaped ice crystals.

Another time I remember a winter night, putting the train into the depot, and started to walk home - the strong glare of the lights within the depot, made "a trillion miniature crystals", mini light sparkles everywhere in the air. It felt like walking through fairy dust hovering everywhere. I have only seen this a few times in the past 20 years - and it is truly enchanting, almost surreal to experience.

I was happy :wow: like a cookie 🍪

Blizzard conditions in central US for last few days, 23 -25 Dec -

Massive pileup in the Blizzard shuts down I-94 in Albertville, MN -

Blizzard in Minnesota "worst in a decade." -

Buffalo, NY - INCREDIBLE Lake Effect Snow Band -

December 25- Meteor fireball falls from the sky north of Sandpoint, Idaho

23 December, a mysterious pink spherical cloud formed
#Nature Fireball or #météorite in Qinghai Province, China. These impressive images were recorded on the night of last Wednesday near #Yushu . The inhabitants were surprised by a very loud noise.

2 January
On 2 January 2021, at about 5:08 local time, a fireball as bright as the full Moon was spotted over the south of Spain. This bolide was generated by a rock from a comet that hit the atmosphere at about 230,000 km/h. The fireball began at an altitude of about 113 km over Andalusia (south of Spain), and ended at a height of around 58 km. This bright meteor was recorded in the framework of the SMART project, operated by the Southwestern Europe Meteor Network (SWEMN) from the meteor-observing stations located at Sevilla, La Sagra (Granada), and La Hita (Toledo). The event has been analyzed by the principal investigator of the SMART project: Dr. Jose M. Madiedo, from the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA-CSIC).

2 January
Hot spots: Tel Aviv officials mystified by steam emerging from under city homes
Searches continued Saturday for the source of boiling water that has steamed out of the ground in Tel Aviv, baffling municipal officials
While officials have determined that the vapors were not causes by gas or dangerous chemicals, and were in fact boiling water, their source has not yet been determined.
“A mystery!” Tel Aviv Deputy Mayor Zippi Brand Frank wrote after visiting the site. “For three days now steam at a temperature of 60 degrees [celsius] has been coming out of a smoking hole… What can this be?”
While officials have determined that the vapors were not causes by gas or dangerous chemicals, and were in fact boiling water, their source has not yet been determined.1609779477775.pngSteam comes up from the ground next to an apartment building on Ibn Gabirol Street in Tel Aviv, December 31, 2020. (Screen capture: Twitter)

Reactions: Ca.
Heavy rains, sometimes stormy, fell in particular yesterday in #Malaga always linked to depression #Filomena . It fell to 250 mm in a very short time causing significant overflows, floods and flash floods. Source: Storm Malaga

#NevadaEnMadrid January 9, 2021 AEMET: The current episode of #nieve in #Madrid It is undoubtedly one of the largest of the 21st century in Spain due to its extension and intensity and the prediction is until midnight on Sunday Credits Marcus wadsak Via @MarcusWadsak

Here we have live the fall of a tree by the weight of the #Nieve in #Madrid All precautions are few

Date: January 8, 2021 Location: #Madrid Barajas Airport So, with what liquids do planes wash in snowy weather? How are tough winter operations in aviation managed? Is it safe to fly in snowy weather? Answers:https://youtu.be/yETOiWmOi_c

Incoming...

It looks like the fireball that flowed at 19:41 on January 11, 2021 was seen with a wide-angle camera from Hiratsuka to the east. It was far away, but it was bright and many people seemed to have witnessed it.

BOLID #SPMN110121EIN FRONT OF THE ALICANTINE COAST. Appeared today at 7:06 p.m. TUC (8:06 p.m. local time). From the
@iSpaceSci @csic we are rebuilding its trajectory to weigh its terminal height. Video taken from our station in Benicàssim operated by
@vicent_ibanyez
Location Forest US Geo Loc 37.4037° / -79.2801°
Jan 11, 2021

Back
Top Bottom