Settings of SOTT.net website

Personally, I find the font on many mobile sites too small. For example, RT's homepage is fine. But load an article, and the text is smallish with no line spacing, so hard on the eyes (for me).

RT articles look great on my phone for me. On SOTT, the headlines often need 6 lines or more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_225931.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_225931.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, that's the idea: Small screen, big font for easier reading. That's what most mobile sites look like these days, although maybe our font is a bit too large... Might need some tweaking. So far, most people reported they're happy with it, so...
I have a big phone and yeah it shows the fonts size kinda huge, I mean, it doesn’t really bother me personally! but if it get just a bit smaller than the one showing in the mobile mode right now, would be more on the desired size for the majority of general public who consume news on the phone, I would think.

I used very often and compulsively a brilliant application (browser) called Audify on my smartphone. It offers automatic translation, a speech synthesizer and many interesting features like selecting reading speed or downloading and playing offline pages. Now it doesn't properly display a new page correctly. Clicking on any link the application returns to the home page. I miss in the hope of being able to use it again :whistle:. [Deepl transl.]

control+click opens up the SOTT link on a new tab in Safari, not on Firefox. So it may be the browser.

Well, in my Win Firefox, Ctrl+click opened a new tab on every site I tested - except SOTT! But after my change, it works again on SOTT.

So I think there were 2 issues: my click-hijacking JS on New SOTT, plus on top of that what the browser/OS does with it.

Well, in my Win Firefox, Ctrl+click opened a new tab on every site I tested - except SOTT! But after my change, it works again on SOTT.

So I think there were 2 issues: my click-hijacking JS on New SOTT, plus on top of that what the browser/OS does with it.
Working 100% on DuckDuckGo.🙂👍

On Firefox I am using the add-on "Open Link with New Tab" which works most of the time. I just found that the most important setting was deactivated after a FF update: Open all links in tabs.

So this is corrected but I need to do some more testing to see where it works or not.

Here are some preliminary test results with different Firefox versions on my Linux system. The FF versions are: FF 120.01, FF 115.7esr, LibreWolf 100.0. All with "Open Link with New Tab" add-on.

All Firefox versions can open links in new tabs on various websites

On SOTT.net it worked yesterday and this afternoon. About an hour ago it stopped working. What still works is control-click.

The font size on my iPhone is bigger than I prefer. A smaller option would be nice but I can live with it the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom