Scary: Really Would Like Feedback

Brenda86

Jedi Master
To start, I would really like some feedback on this one, maybe I'm just seeing too much here, but I will try to describe as well as I can what happened that has led me to feel this way. And this is going to be kind of long as it happened over several days.

Friday, September 18th: Been feeling a little "off" physically. Feeling like I'm fighting getting sick. Been doing EE before bed, seeing some strange images but also having a lot of interesting thoughts and connections that I plan on researching.

Saturday, September 19th: Glands swollen and pain in teeth (?) Couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from but it hurt so bad I thought I was going to cry. And that is exactly what I did. So I went to the Minor Medical Emergency center where I was charged $60. The doctor looked at me for a few minutes. Felt my jaw. And told me I have TMJ, which for those of you who don't know is some kind of inflammation of the muscle/join holding your jaw in place. He gave me nothing and told me to take 4 ibuprofen everything 6 hours or so and if I wasn't better by THURSDAY I should seek more assistance. (Strange. That's a lot of days from Saturday with as much pain as I was having) My mother and I even asked if maybe we could get an antibiotic just in case. He said absolutely not, it would do nothing for what he thought was "virus" related.

Sunday, September 20th: I'm taking the ibuprofen as directed, but my teeth are starting to throb beyond normal pain killers. EE is helping me calm my body enough to sleep (THANK YOU, LAURA!!!!) Also, at this point my boyfriend is suspicious that the doctor I saw has no idea what he's talking about. My boyfriend thinks it's an abscess.

Monday, September 21st: I'm trying to be patient, but I'm taking 6 ibuprofen every 4 hours. My mom and I decide to go to the dentist first thing in the morning since it seems to be dental related and not just an inflammation of this joint that is nowhere near the source of my pain. I cried a good bit that night. EE breathing and my boyfriend comfort stroking my hair got me through this one. My lip is swelling pretty bad at this point, too.

Tuesday, September 22nd: My lip is pretty swollen. Get to the dentist crying. Took forever for someone to come to the desk to get my information. The tooth I show them has a crown on it, which confuses them. They agree to do an xray when I explain the tooth has a crown and I cannot even accidentally bite down even the slightest bit without shooting pain.

OK, this is where things really start to bother me...

The tech does the x-ray of my tooth. I always expect a bit of a wait, I won't complain on that front. Now, I hear them talking about how bad it is. REALLY BAD. I know it's me, cause they said Brenda's x-ray. Nerve is severely inflamed. Bad infection. But when the dentist comes in to see me, she's acting like it's completely routine. (Strange.) Gives me an antibiotic and some pain meds and says we can do the root canal in about a week. Now she says, "If you feel like you need to you can always go to the doctor and get a shot of antibiotics but you don't really need to." and also, "You can call me to come in sooner for the root canal if you can't get any relief."

My pain was so bad the meditation and medication wasn't getting me to a comfortable place. I took 10 of my 20 percosets in 16-18 hours. My facial swelling seemed to be growing exponentially every few hours.

Today, Wednesday, September 23d: Early this morning I woke up severely swollen (around 6:00am). Took some meds, went back to sleep. Looked in the mirror. Decided to call the dentist. I looked like a verifiable ape-person. Guess what? My dentist cancelled all her appointments today and would not even answer our call to give me advice. So my mom drove me to a dentist I used to see (more expensive. I used to have insurance). He was surprised she had even offered to open it up. He said it would be extremely dangerous and I needed to go to the ER right away to get a shot of antibiotics straight into my body.

Fast forward: My mom is having to hold my arm into the ER. I could barely walk and my nasal passage was swelling. OK, so I'm in the ER. They won't let me my mom come with me, but I'm an adult, so OK. The nurse is looking at me like I'm crazy as I tell her what I've been through the past few days. I mean, she's looking at me like I'm certifiable. Keep in mind, I looked like this
SickFace.jpg
She's telling me she doesn't see anything wrong with my teeth. I told her I'd had an x-ray and I was told it is an abscess. She's asking me what I want them to do!!!! I tell her I was sent by the dentist to get a shot of antibiotics.

Doctor comes in and asks me the exact same questions. I say they can verify with my dentist, I have the name and phone number. She says that won't be necessary. She's getting snippy with me. But seriously... my face is incredibly swollen. This is where it gets the weirdest. She asks me again what I want her to do. I tell her I would like a shot of antibiotics. She starts talking about how I'm already on an antibiotic which is what is causing my nausea and basically saying to deal with it. She doesn't see anything wrong with my tooth anyway. I tell her again I had an x-ray, it's an abscess. "But your tooth looks normal" I tell her, of course it looks normal, it's a crown over a live tooth. "Oh", she says. Then she proceeds to tell me she could give me the shot but I'm allergic to penicillin so she can't give me the shot. There isn't anything she can do. I'm crying really bad at this point. I honestly feel like I will be SERIOUSLY in the hospital in the next 24 hours if this woman doesn't listen to me because I'm very faint, nodding in and out of sleep/consciousness. I keep telling her there has to be something because my dentist sent me for the shot. And we start going in circles here. She keeps telling me there is nothing they can do without a dentist on staff and she can't give me a shot of something I'm allergic to. I say to her, "Why won't anyone help me? I've been dealing with this since Saturday." And she says the exact same things. Word for word. And keeps asking me what I want her to do. I finally come up with this question and ask, "So if you have a horrible infection and you can take penicillin you will be OK, but since I am allergic to penicillin I'm out of luck? You don't have medicine for people who are allergic to penicillin and I have to let this infection keep going into my nasal cavity and die?" In a VERY irate tone she says, "Well, I GUESS we can give you IV antibiotics." I said, "LET'S DO IT THEN!" She huffed, "OK" stomped away from my bedside and SLAMMED the curtain behind her.

I got my medicine and she gave me something for the swelling, too. She was a COMPLETELY different person after that as if she had not denied me in the first place. I was so bewildered. I'm doing so much better now. But this was very scary for me. If I had not argued with her (for literally over 30 minutes. My mom was watching the clock because the doctor did not let my mom come back until she decided she had never denied me in the first place.) I could have quite literally died if it had continued to spread as fast as it did. But I finally managed to find the right question that broke her loop.

OK, so please... any feedback on this is welcome. All I can think right now is that I need to be extra vigilant.

Wow! What a miserable situation!!! I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Yes, vigilance in the form of standing up for what you need, and trusting your knowing that it was/is serious. Well done!

Not to scare you more, butt is all the more shocking since an infection in a tooth or jaw can move quickly to the heart and cause permanent damage. It happened to my step-niece and she barely made it through. It took her 2 years to really fully recover, and her heart will always be weakened.

I think it is important that you hold this Doctor's feet to the fire. You speak to her immediate supervisor and tell them exactly what happened. And also, let them know that she would not allow you to have your mother (FAMILY) with you while she was trying to intimidate you. Her behaviour was monstrous!

Feel better soon!!!

Brenda,

That's a pretty scary story! When you've recovered, consider doing some research on root canals. I'm not sure if they will be much better in the long run, especially since it's already crowned. Basically your tooth is dead, it probably needs to be extracted.

I work at a hospital and I understand that the medical establishment has drilled it into the doctor's heads that antibiotics should now be seldom used. This is due to the increase in MSRA superbug infections, especially in hospital settings. Getting antibiotics for even severe infections is becoming harder and harder. I agree that the over prescription of antibiotics hasn't been a good thing, but it seems like the doctors have lost all sense of judgment on when these drugs are actually needed!

Believe it or not, I went through something similar for a number of years with a partially erupted wisdom tooth. In fact, I was told the same thing that you were told by a dentist that I had TMJ and that I just needed to do some jaw exercises so the tooth would erupt and all would be better. Well it never got better and the infection only spread making it impossible for me to even open my mouth more than a half inch. I found a doctor willing to prescribe me oral antibiotics, but they only provided temporary relief because the infection just kept coming back. I was miserable and I could only eat soft and thin foods. I finally found a dentist who referred me to an oral surgeon and had my wisdom teeth extracted.

Tooth problems can be some of the most painful and can really bring a person down in a hurry. I would recommend the book "Tooth Truth" by Frank Jerome ( _http://www.amazon.com/Tooth-Truth-Frank-J-Jerome/dp/1890035130 ). If you can get a copy quickly and read the relevant parts this could be really helpful in making the proper decision about that tooth. You don't want to waste any time, but you don't want to make the wrong decision only to have the pain come back and have more dental/hospital bills to pay.

Ryan

Brenda,

I'm really sorry you had to go through this situation. These doctors you described are just some examples of narcessitic doctors within the medical industry.

Have you by any chance read the Miracle Mineral Solution thread? I currently take MMS, and when I watched the DVD of it, it explained how people also use it for severe tooth pain, and it helped them. I would strongly suggest you get some MMS for yourself right away.

However, having said that... Dr. Rodrigo, a doctor who is known to use MMS stated this fact about tooth abscess.
Q: How do you treat a tooth abscess? A: You develop a tooth abscess because you have neglected a lot of things for a long long time. If the infection goes into the bone and so forth, you have to use antibiotics. There is no way out of it.

So I'm glad you were finally able to get some antibiotics in you. What a horrible world we live in, that you have to explain to a doctor more than once, to give you something to relieve you of pain... just boils my blood! :mad:

If everything is a lesson and if You have had difficulties in "standing up for yourself" then I think this was the(or at least part of it anyway) lesson(IMO)
Brenda86 said:
I said, "LET'S DO IT THEN!" She huffed, "OK" stomped away from my bedside and SLAMMED the curtain behind her.

I got my medicine and she gave me something for the swelling, too. She was a COMPLETELY different person after that as if she had not denied me in the first place. I was so bewildered. I'm doing so much better now. But this was very scary for me. If I had not argued with her (for literally over 30 minutes. My mom was watching the clock because the doctor did not let my mom come back until she decided she had never denied me in the first place.) I could have quite literally died if it had continued to spread as fast as it did. But I finally managed to find the right question that broke her loop.
In other words, You understood(and cleared) that one!

Hope You will recover soon!

Hey Brenda, sorry you had such a rough time. I would definitely write an angry letter to their supervisor. You could also write an editorial to the local newspaper, this is definitely not something I would let slip by with a 'forgive and forget' attitude. Congratz on standing up for yourself and best wishes on a speedy recovery. :flowers:

Hi Brenda :)
I work at a Dentist, and it sure does sound like an acute abscess. You don't as a dentist, send a patient HOME WITH AN ABCESS.. That's just evil..
Your pulpa has an infection, the reason it HURST like hell is because the puss inside has nowhere to come out. The tooth needs to be opened up, and kept open for the puss to flow out freely, THEN they can start a rootcanal (which you need to have done, even though the opening of the tooth will relieve your pain.)

And of course there are medication for people with penicillin-allergy, come on.. Otherwise some people would die!

You have been treated horrible by the first dentist that saw you IMO. I bet they didn't have time to help you, so they send you away..

The reason for the nurses behavior at the hospital could be, that doctors / nurses often don't know how to treat toothaches really, so they really don't know what to do. Maybe she knew that you could only get help by a dentist, because the tooth needed to be opened up, she just didn't convey that to you very good.

In no way was it necessary to get an IV with medication because of an abscess (or pulpit which is inflammation which you can't visibly see, but hurts like hell none the less), you should never have been allowed to go untreated, then it would never have gotten so bad.

I'm very sorry for your pain !

You're very young to be having an abscess by the way, did you at some point hurt your tooth ? (I'm thinking that's why you had it capped?).

Anyway.. you need medication in your blood (penicillin or the brand for your allergy which I can't remember what's called ATM) the day they start the rootcanal. Also take some painkillers before you go, and make sure you go to every appointment until it's finished!

Hi Brenda,
I'm not sure if you're following the detox diet. If you aren't it would be wise to do so to counteract the effects of the drugs you've been taking. Also, a good probiotic could be used to replenish the good bacteria lost from the antibiotic as well as to decrease the constipation caused by painkillers.
I hope you feel better.

Deedlet said:
Brenda,

I'm really sorry you had to go through this situation. These doctors you described are just some examples of narcessitic doctors within the medical industry.

Have you by any chance read the Miracle Mineral Solution thread? I currently take MMS, and when I watched the DVD of it, it explained how people also use it for severe tooth pain, and it helped them. I would strongly suggest you get some MMS for yourself right away.

However, having said that... Dr. Rodrigo, a doctor who is known to use MMS stated this fact about tooth abscess.
Q: How do you treat a tooth abscess? A: You develop a tooth abscess because you have neglected a lot of things for a long long time. If the infection goes into the bone and so forth, you have to use antibiotics. There is no way out of it.

So I'm glad you were finally able to get some antibiotics in you. What a horrible world we live in, that you have to explain to a doctor more than once, to give you something to relieve you of pain... just boils my blood! :mad:

Brenda, I have had untold tooth problems finally resulting in dental implants so I can sympathise entirely with your dreadful experience.

Two things come to mind for me. One is regarding the MMS, there is a thread here on the forum regarding Iodine started by Pysche which contains a warning about using MMS. I would read that first. I'll find the thread for you.

Also the instances that I have personally seen of people being dismissed from hospital wrongly diagnosed or without appropriate treatment are just horrifying. My husband tore his quadricep tendon out of his Kneecap earlier this year leaving him unable to use his right leg. The pain he was in and the swelling of his knee told me it was very serious and I'm not medically qualified to judge, just common sense. Two trips to the hospital one to Emergency and one a week later to see an Orthopedic surgeon both resulted in nothing as the knee was apparently too swollen to asses!. He was told to return when the swelling went down. What they failed to spot was that his Kneecap had dropped two inches, due to no tendon keeping it in place and that the swelling was three pints of blood!

Our Physio spotted the severity of the injury immediately and the Private surgeon who operated (it would never have healed witout being reattached) said it was so obvious an injury it was as if he had walked in with the nose missing from his face.The Surgeon was so shocked with my husbands treatment at hospital that he wrote a letter of complaint himself. It is only that we have Private health insurance that we had other options.

I could go on, but my point is that hospitals no longer seem to listen to patients who are clearly intelligent, informed and presenting because they are in so much distress/pain that they need medical intervention. Coherent presentation of the facts doesn't seem to help either as in your case.

I fear for all the other people this happens to who are either too afraid, too elderly, can't make themselves understood etc. They probably are the people who go home and end up either dead or certainly ambulanced in at a later date.

I would fight my corner every time like you did, for myself or anyone who happened to be in my care at the time to obtain medical attention. The problem is that just once anyone of us may present at hospital, incapable of speech, unconscious, in a country where we don't speak the language, or for whatever reason and what will happen then?

I am glad for you that you are feeling better, it sends a chill down my spine every time I hear a story like yours.

clerck de bonk said:
If everything is a lesson and if You have had difficulties in "standing up for yourself" then I think this was the(or at least part of it anyway) lesson(IMO)
Brenda86 said:
I said, "LET'S DO IT THEN!" She huffed, "OK" stomped away from my bedside and SLAMMED the curtain behind her.

In other words, You understood(and cleared) that one!

Hope You will recover soon!
Yeah. Truthfully, I have had a lot of trouble standing up for myself in the past. I always have felt like I must be the problem or wrong in some way. I really felt like that was my lesson here. I even said that to my mother yesterday, "If everything in life is a lesson, I think this was that I really need to stand up for myself." Sometimes you just know you are right and have to "act in favor of your destiny" as they say. I'm going to do my best to REMEMBER it this time, so I don't have to let things get so bad.

I've been having a lot of moments like that lately since I've been trying to pay more attention. Seeing the lessons. Strangely enough, about a week before this I had been trying to make an excuse for quitting my job a few months ago to my doctor and she said, "No need for excuses. Everything in life is a lesson." The only person outside of this forum to ever say that to me.

Also, in regards to what Helle said:
Helle said:
Hi Brenda :)
I work at a Dentist, and it sure does sound like an acute abscess. You don't as a dentist, send a patient HOME WITH AN ABCESS.. That's just evil..
Your pulpa has an infection, the reason it HURST like hell is because the puss inside has nowhere to come out. The tooth needs to be opened up, and kept open for the puss to flow out freely, THEN they can start a rootcanal (which you need to have done, even though the opening of the tooth will relieve your pain.)

And of course there are medication for people with penicillin-allergy, come on.. Otherwise some people would die!

You have been treated horrible by the first dentist that saw you IMO. I bet they didn't have time to help you, so they send you away..

The reason for the nurses behavior at the hospital could be, that doctors / nurses often don't know how to treat toothaches really, so they really don't know what to do. Maybe she knew that you could only get help by a dentist, because the tooth needed to be opened up, she just didn't convey that to you very good.

In no way was it necessary to get an IV with medication because of an abscess (or pulpit which is inflammation which you can't visibly see, but hurts like hell none the less), you should never have been allowed to go untreated, then it would never have gotten so bad.

I'm very sorry for your pain !

You're very young to be having an abscess by the way, did you at some point hurt your tooth ? (I'm thinking that's why you had it capped?).

Anyway.. you need medication in your blood (penicillin or the brand for your allergy which I can't remember what's called ATM) the day they start the rootcanal. Also take some painkillers before you go, and make sure you go to every appointment until it's finished!

I have crowns on all 6 of my top front teeth due to severe enamel loss. Every dentist has told me I'm extremely young to have such problems. I've always brushed and flossed often. Never had any problems like cavities or anything til I was about 17. Then I started having some real problems. Every dentist has said it really doesn't seem to be anything I could have prevented and that it seems genetic as my mom has severe problems and my brother, too. My sister, as well, who is 15 is starting to show the same signs I did at her age. But I came across something on the sight the other day that let me to some research about fluoridated water, which I've been drinking all my life because of where I've been, and it REALLY looks to me like that was the cause of all of our problems. My mom started drinking the fluoride water when she was around 2-3. Then my siblings and I have been drinking it since we've been drinking water.

As far as the abscess itself, I'm pretty upset too it wasn't drained. By the time I went to the ER, though, I really think I needed the iv antibiotics because the infection was moving up. I have a HUGE puss pocket under my nostrils, protruding onto the top of my gums. :( It has gone down greatly in size since yesterday.

Oh and yes, I was a walk-in and had already been told, "I'll see what I can do but you are a walk-in, so..." I did feel somewhat ignored. I'm not sure I would have been seen at all except that I was crying and shaking from the pain.

Oh and thanks for all the support everyone, as usual! :)

P.S. I noticed the thread had been moved. I guess this really does fall more under health. I'll try to be more mindful. I was so bogged down by the emotion of it at the time.

Sorry for another long one, but I wanted to respond to the new replies as well :)

chachachick said:
Hi Brenda,
I'm not sure if you're following the detox diet. If you aren't it would be wise to do so to counteract the effects of the drugs you've been taking. Also, a good probiotic could be used to replenish the good bacteria lost from the antibiotic as well as to decrease the constipation caused by painkillers.
I hope you feel better.

Yes, I definitely need to look at this. I didn't want to overshare, but I was wondering what the constipation was coming from.

slowone said:
Deedlet said:
Brenda,

I'm really sorry you had to go through this situation. These doctors you described are just some examples of narcissistic doctors within the medical industry.

What upsets me so much in this case about the abscess is that the neglect on my part was due to ignorance/not questioning the dentist when I needed to when I first got this particular crown. He had mentioned it looked "questionable" and crowned it anyway, leaving a decaying tooth under a beautiful shell. Thus, I couldn't see anything that was happening. On top of that, my new dentist said he did not clean up the cementing of my crowns very well, which has been causing some severe gingival inflammation. I have a lot of things to take care of as I move forward from this experience. My biggest lessons seem to those that involve taking care of myself instead of always worrying about others. I tend to forget that being STO does not involved neglecting oneself!!!

slowone said:
I could go on, but my point is that hospitals no longer seem to listen to patients who are clearly intelligent, informed and presenting because they are in so much distress/pain that they need medical intervention. Coherent presentation of the facts doesn't seem to help either as in your case.

I fear for all the other people this happens to who are either too afraid, too elderly, can't make themselves understood etc. They probably are the people who go home and end up either dead or certainly ambulanced in at a later date.

I would fight my corner every time like you did, for myself or anyone who happened to be in my care at the time to obtain medical attention. The problem is that just once anyone of us may present at hospital, incapable of speech, unconscious, in a country where we don't speak the language, or for whatever reason and what will happen then?

I am glad for you that you are feeling better, it sends a chill down my spine every time I hear a story like yours.

I am really feeling like I should write to my local newspaper about this. All I kept thinking yesterday is that I can't be the only one these kinds of things are happening to, and people need to hear these things. I also plan on making a formal complaint to the hospital about what happened.

Brenda86 said:
Sorry for another long one, but I wanted to respond to the new replies as well :)

What upsets me so much in this case about the abscess is that the neglect on my part was due to ignorance/not questioning the dentist when I needed to when I first got this particular crown. He had mentioned it looked "questionable" and crowned it anyway, leaving a decaying tooth under a beautiful shell. Thus, I couldn't see anything that was happening. On top of that, my new dentist said he did not clean up the cementing of my crowns very well, which has been causing some severe gingival inflammation. I have a lot of things to take care of as I move forward from this experience. My biggest lessons seem to those that involve taking care of myself instead of always worrying about others. I tend to forget that being STO does not involved neglecting oneself!!!

slowone said:

I am really feeling like I should write to my local newspaper about this. All I kept thinking yesterday is that I can't be the only one these kinds of things are happening to, and people need to hear these things. I also plan on making a formal complaint to the hospital about what happened.

Dear Brenda85,

Fwiw I think dentists in particular have a way of really patronizing people with dental problems. As if you don't know how to brush your teeth properly!

I could fill reams of posts with the condescending manner in which I was treated by dentists in the past. Have a look around here on the forum there are some interesting 'tooth' related posts.

This is the tread I mentioned regarding MMS.http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13371.0

Also I was helped by a book that Trevrizent quoted in his thread in 'The Swamp'. It is by Lise Boubeau called "Your body's telling you to Love yourself"

I'll precis the entry about Abscess's and Teeth.

Emotional Block relating to Abscess. Presence of an abscess indicates repressed anger that is brought to the surface during moments of despair, feelings of powerlessness and lack of success. The pleasure of living is being drowned in sadness and anger. Guilt is indicated also in the face of anger.

Emotional Block relating to Teeth Teeth problems indicate difficulty pondering new information, ideas or situations. Hence problems with teeth indicate fear of making correct decisions. teeth are also used to bite; therefore, a person with a tooth problem might feel incapable of defending themself.

I thanked Trevrizent for inadvertently gifting me the link about the book that led to me tackling my longstanding issues with my teeth, how strange that already I have been able to pass it forward.

I cant tell you how much your post regarding your tooth difficulties resonates with me I can feel my anger rising, If doctors these days are reluctant to treat, then many of the dentists I have met are as reluctant to believe that " yes I do brush my teeth" and no not all cases of poor dental condition are because we are all idiots who have no control over our diet and oral hygiene.

Hope things are beginning to improve for you.

Edit: Yet again strange bolding on my part

From Slowone: Emotional Block relating to Abscess. Presence of an abscess indicates repressed anger that is brought to the surface during moments of despair, feelings of powerlessness and lack of success. The pleasure of living is being drowned in sadness and anger. Guilt is indicated also in the face of anger.

Interestingly, this abscess did pop up right at the time when I was trying to suppress a LOT OF ANGER... A LOT OF ANGER... inside me with regards to my ex-husband, which you can find a full post about if you look at my recent posts. Not only did I go to the hospital yesterday, but I confronted him on what he was doing, told him to not bother bringing me any papers, I will get a certified copy of the divorce papers myself, and I am moving this weekend and changing my phone number so that he can no longer arouse such feelings in me!

All of this I believe is related to the lesson that I have got to start caring for myself a little too. Self-neglect is not the only way to serve others. My mom especially keeps telling me I'm a lot more use to her alive and well, so I need to take care of myself. I'm having to make some of those hard decisions to cut some people, including family, out of my life in order that I can be well. The hardest thing is realizing that I cannot be bound to people out of feelings of obligation who have no regard at all for my health or well-being. So needless to say, my main focus is two-fold right now... getting my physical health back as well as tackling the mental/emotional aspects that are contributing to my ill-health as well.

Brenda86 said:
From Slowone: Emotional Block relating to Abscess. Presence of an abscess indicates repressed anger that is brought to the surface during moments of despair, feelings of powerlessness and lack of success. The pleasure of living is being drowned in sadness and anger. Guilt is indicated also in the face of anger.

Interestingly, this abscess did pop up right at the time when I was trying to suppress a LOT OF ANGER... A LOT OF ANGER... inside me with regards to my ex-husband, which you can find a full post about if you look at my recent posts. Not only did I go to the hospital yesterday, but I confronted him on what he was doing, told him to not bother bringing me any papers, I will get a certified copy of the divorce papers myself, and I am moving this weekend and changing my phone number so that he can no longer arouse such feelings in me!

All of this I believe is related to the lesson that I have got to start caring for myself a little too. Self-neglect is not the only way to serve others. My mom especially keeps telling me I'm a lot more use to her alive and well, so I need to take care of myself. I'm having to make some of those hard decisions to cut some people, including family, out of my life in order that I can be well. The hardest thing is realizing that I cannot be bound to people out of feelings of obligation who have no regard at all for my health or well-being. So needless to say, my main focus is two-fold right now... getting my physical health back as well as tackling the mental/emotional aspects that are contributing to my ill-health as well.

I had read your other thread and yeah I did think it seemed very applicable to your situation. Youv'e had so much to deal with that I'm not suprised you have supressed anger!

Hope you can start nuturing yourself now.

I feel for you Brenda!
Get well, hopefully the pain is going away very soon!

This reminded me a recently a couple of member was talking about tooth-ache, on the Eiriu-Eolas -Breathing Program.
Here is the thread, hope it helps:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12837.msg100800;topicseen#msg100800

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12837.msg100549;topicseen#msg100549

Back
Top Bottom