Scary: Really Would Like Feedback

Brenda said:
Yeah. Truthfully, I have had a lot of trouble standing up for myself in the past. I always have felt like I must be the problem or wrong in some way. I really felt like that was my lesson here. I even said that to my mother yesterday, "If everything in life is a lesson, I think this was that I really need to stand up for myself." Sometimes you just know you are right and have to "act in favor of your destiny" as they say. I'm going to do my best to REMEMBER it this time, so I don't have to let things get so bad.

I am the very same in regards to standing up for myself. I have a very strong ‘be nice’ program that has always caused me to be nice, even when the circumstances were totally and unfairly against me. It has taken me a long time to realize it and stop taking away so much from myself to meet other people’s distorted views.

A few nights ago, before you posted this. My last wisdom tooth that’s got a pretty big cavity started really hurting. So I’ve been meaning to make an appointment with my dentist so I can get it removed. But I have a VERY strong program regarding dentists, because I’ve had bad experiences with them. So I have kept putting it off for a long time… and your post is pretty much the last push I needed to get that thing out of my mouth. I need to make an appointment with my dentist ASAP but I’m so nervous… I REALLY hate the dentist. >_>

Also, I know that suing takes a lot of effort and money, but I would assume you have some sort of malpractice case against the first doctor who told you had TMJ, I mean technically he’s not a dentist so his excuse could be that he’s not a dentist therefore he can’t be held responsible.. I don’t know but it just seems to me you should take legal action if you can against these doctors who apparently don’t know how to be doctors. Sheesh! At the very least definitely write a letter to your local newspaper and their supervisors!

I hope you having a speedy recovery! :flowers:

Deedlet said:
Brenda said:
Yeah. Truthfully, I have had a lot of trouble standing up for myself in the past. I always have felt like I must be the problem or wrong in some way. I really felt like that was my lesson here. I even said that to my mother yesterday, "If everything in life is a lesson, I think this was that I really need to stand up for myself." Sometimes you just know you are right and have to "act in favor of your destiny" as they say. I'm going to do my best to REMEMBER it this time, so I don't have to let things get so bad.

I am the very same in regards to standing up for myself. I have a very strong ‘be nice’ program that has always caused me to be nice, even when the circumstances were totally and unfairly against me. It has taken me a long time to realize it and stop taking away so much from myself to meet other people’s distorted views.

A few nights ago, before you posted this. My last wisdom tooth that’s got a pretty big cavity started really hurting. So I’ve been meaning to make an appointment with my dentist so I can get it removed. But I have a VERY strong program regarding dentists, because I’ve had bad experiences with them. So I have kept putting it off for a long time… and your post is pretty much the last push I needed to get that thing out of my mouth. I need to make an appointment with my dentist ASAP but I’m so nervous… I REALLY hate the dentist. >_>

Also, I know that suing takes a lot of effort and money, but I would assume you have some sort of malpractice case against the first doctor who told you had TMJ, I mean technically he’s not a dentist so his excuse could be that he’s not a dentist therefore he can’t be held responsible.. I don’t know but it just seems to me you should take legal action if you can against these doctors who apparently don’t know how to be doctors. Sheesh! At the very least definitely write a letter to your local newspaper and their supervisors!

I hope you having a speedy recovery! :flowers:

Yeah, Deedlet, I am sending energy your way to help you get up the courage to go ahead and go. Problem is, I totally understand. As it turns out, my face started to swell again some today and my face was really hot. I gave in and called my old dentist who did all my original work and he said to come in RIGHT AWAY so he could drain it. When he found out I went to the dentist before it got so bad I had to go to the ER and she hadn't drained it, he was really mad. He said there was no reason for her to send me out of there without draining it! I could very well have avoided that visit to the ER. And he said they have a different pay scale for patients without insurance, so not to worry about it and even if I can't pay anything right away he will still do the root canal.

So finally, I got a little relief! Did EE today as well which really helped clear my thoughts and gave me that last push to call the dentist. I knew something still didn't feel quite right.

And my mom and I did discuss possibly contacting a lawyer to see if we have any kind of case because I have really been through a lot of unnecessary stuff the past week. Right now I'm trying to decide if I really should cause my "not wanting to blame others for my problems" program is kicking in. The thing is trying to realize when it's really my fault or if there is truly some fault somewhere else.

Brenda86 said:
Yeah, Deedlet, I am sending energy your way to help you get up the courage to go ahead and go. Problem is, I totally understand. As it turns out, my face started to swell again some today and my face was really hot. I gave in and called my old dentist who did all my original work and he said to come in RIGHT AWAY so he could drain it. When he found out I went to the dentist before it got so bad I had to go to the ER and she hadn't drained it, he was really mad. He said there was no reason for her to send me out of there without draining it! I could very well have avoided that visit to the ER. And he said they have a different pay scale for patients without insurance, so not to worry about it and even if I can't pay anything right away he will still do the root canal.

So finally, I got a little relief! Did EE today as well which really helped clear my thoughts and gave me that last push to call the dentist. I knew something still didn't feel quite right...
... when it's really my fault or if there is truly some fault somewhere else.

Am I correct if I understand that this is the guy who did the original 'crown'-work? If so then VVV!!!
Question: Does he truly take responsibility for his part of the job(total overhaul)done in Your mouth?
Disclaimer: I'm no dentist...

Sorry to hear it took a momentary downturn, but as you know; "It ain't over until it's over". Strength to you!

Brenda said:
I have crowns on all 6 of my top front teeth due to severe enamel loss. Every dentist has told me I'm extremely young to have such problems. I've always brushed and flossed often. Never had any problems like cavities or anything til I was about 17. Then I started having some real problems. Every dentist has said it really doesn't seem to be anything I could have prevented and that it seems genetic as my mom has severe problems and my brother, too. My sister, as well, who is 15 is starting to show the same signs I did at her age. But I came across something on the sight the other day that let me to some research about fluoridated water, which I've been drinking all my life because of where I've been, and it REALLY looks to me like that was the cause of all of our problems. My mom started drinking the fluoride water when she was around 2-3. Then my siblings and I have been drinking it since we've been drinking water.

I have also been told that I have severe erosion (i.e. loss of enamel) on many of my teeth, and that it's terrible for someone my age. In fact it was the worst the dentist had ever seen. Like you I also didn't have any major cavity problems until I was older (early 20s). I've never drunk fluoridated water in my life, but I went through a stage of drinking lots and lots of fruit juice (the evil kind you buy). In fact any kind of fruit juice causes tooth erosion due to the high acidity. I was advised that when drinking fruit juice, it's best to do so just before eating solid food because the chewing action stimulates saliva production which in turn neutralises the acid in the mouth. Alternatively you can brush your teeth, but only after waiting 30 minutes, because immediate brushing only causes worse erosion due to the combined effect of the brush and the acid!

Sometimes it takes the proverbial "two by four" to hit us to get us moving in the correct direction. Sorry to hear yours was so painful and hope that you have a speedy recovery. Sounds like you have a very supportive mom. That is a blessing all unto itself.

Read the thread on iodine here http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13371.0

Been using iodine supplement for about 10 months. It is worth research to learn about the benefits.

Quote from clerck de bonk:
Am I correct if I understand that this is the guy who did the original 'crown'-work? If so then VVV!!!
Question: Does he truly take responsibility for his part of the job(total overhaul)done in Your mouth?
Disclaimer: I'm no dentist...

Sorry to hear it took a momentary downturn, but as you know; "It ain't over until it's over". Strength to you!
It is the dentist who did all the original work. He does appear to be taking true responsibility, but the one thing I have learned this last week is to be constantly vigilant. I will not let my guard down that fast. However, he did not charge me anything for the visit that day and I had a supposed previous balance according to the front desk person, but the dentist told her to delete it. And he reassured me several times he would fix the problem and kept apologizing. I am hopeful, but, like I said, keeping my eyes opened!

Quote from 3D Resident:
I have also been told that I have severe erosion (i.e. loss of enamel) on many of my teeth, and that it's terrible for someone my age. In fact it was the worst the dentist had ever seen. Like you I also didn't have any major cavity problems until I was older (early 20s). I've never drunk fluoridated water in my life, but I went through a stage of drinking lots and lots of fruit juice (the evil kind you buy). In fact any kind of fruit juice causes tooth erosion due to the high acidity. I was advised that when drinking fruit juice, it's best to do so just before eating solid food because the chewing action stimulates saliva production which in turn neutralises the acid in the mouth. Alternatively you can brush your teeth, but only after waiting 30 minutes, because immediate brushing only causes worse erosion due to the combined effect of the brush and the acid!

Interestingly, I have had several dentists tell me the same thing (before my work anyway).I will totally remember this about the fruit juice, too, though, because I, as well, had an obsession with the evil kind you buy. I am in process of seeing what I need to be changing in my diet (looking at the detox stuff). Since I am moving this weekend, I think it would be a good time to start swapping out some of my old bad food habits with better ones.

Quote from Bluestar:
Sounds like you have a very supportive mom. That is a blessing all unto itself.

Believe me, this has not escaped my notice. I have felt constantly blessed to have this mother in this lifetime. She is probably the only person I can point to and say she has really been there ALWAYS. She's always had a way of knowing when to step in and when to let me learn my own lesson - at least it seems to be that way. I know we all think our families are special.

She has been through many of the same problems I am going through now and we have been sharing mutual tears about how she had almost NO support during that time. It hurts me so much going through this now, having the support I do, and trying to imagine doing it alone like she had to. (There is a long story in here about my grandmother, but she is one of the people we have had to cut out of our lives for the sake of mental health and healing. This was very hard.) And I have promised her that she would never have to go through anything like that again alone. (I was just too young at the time to be able to really, truly help). I've also been talking to my younger sister about the things I've been learning, little by little, and I think she wants to try some diet changes with me. She's always asking how she can prevent her own dental problems and I definitely do not want to see her suffer, especially since she's wanting to learn and take her own steps toward prevention, rather than just expecting us to do things for her.

Health update for today, BTW: I am very sore, but the swelling is down a lot. My body is responding best to lying down and sleeping, so I will probably be doing a lot of reading in bed today!! :-D And probably some meditation as well. I also want to say I am thankful to my entire family for actually being quiet when I meditate. My ex used to constantly "think of things to say" when I tried while I was with him and I know other people are probably having problems with interruptions.

Hi Brenda86,

I am glad that you are feeling better. Take time to heal. You may wish to pursue legal action against the dentist. Write down a detailed account and show it to a lawyer. Most will review the information for a small fee and some offer a free consultation. You can decide to pursue it at a later date.
Please do follow up on detoxification. I have been taking supplements recommended by Sherry Rodgers in her book "Detox or Die". You may want to get a copy for yourself.

Brenda, I just caught up with this thread. I hope the move went well, and send you my best wishes for a speedy recovery from your ordeal.

I’d like to share a couple of things that I’ve found helpful regarding oral hygiene and teeth.

I have receding gums, and for a few years had trouble with sensitivity. I was using Sensodyne toothpaste. My mouth was becoming more and more numb, and the sensitivity was not abating either. I switched to a tea tree oil toothpaste about five years ago and have had no problems since, and no numbness in the mouth. And that with only brushing every other day. Tea-tree oil is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, anti-bacterial and more, and I think that’s why my tooth sensitivity disappeared.

My second suggestion is regarding the homeopathic remedy, arnica. If you’re going to have a tooth extracted, take one 6c arnica tablet four times the day before, then every hour before the extraction time. Afterwards, you can take one tablet every 15-45 minutes for the rest of that day, then every hour the day after, then four times daily after that. When you notice a marked improvement (and you can tell, it’s like a shift in gear) stop taking the arnica. I know this works as my mother had an extraction a few days ago and did just this. She’s 77, and she said the extraction site was almost healed within two days.

When taking homeopathic remedies, you should have nothing in the mouth but water for 20 minutes before and after taking it.

I haven't posted in at least a few days and I know I'm not very well known here yet, but just in case, I wanted everyone to know that I have successfully moved into my new house and health wise I am okay at the moment. :) I don't want to make anyone worry.

I've just been taking some more time lately to read more of the material so I can get a better foundation to participate from. :D

Brenda86 said:
...but just in case, I wanted everyone to know that I have successfully moved into my new house and health wise I am okay at the moment. :) I don't want to make anyone worry.
It is good to know :)

Ok... another update... I made a decision to not have this root canal done today and to wait and see what happens. I made this decision because I think it was an infection of my gum tissue and not the tooth itself. My teeth, I feel, were hurting so bad due to the swelling around the two front teeth.
I think this because I was doing some thinking... I have seen lots of x-rays of my teeth, my dentist always lets me see them - mostly because with his equipment there is no way for me not to. :-P It comes up on the computer screen next to the chair. Ok, well, when I had the abscess drained at the dentist more than a week and a half ago, the x-ray showed nothing wrong with the roots of my two front teeth! I commented on this and the assistant and dentist said that indeed, the roots looked fine, but "abscesses don't happen for no reason, so we need to do a root canal."

The other reason I say I feel it was my gums is that from the original dentist there had been some debris left between my two front teeth which the dentist finally scraped out when this abscess mess happened... Well now since all of this has happened my gums finally look healthy (the first dentist had mentioned in passing that that can be really bad for the gums), the infection is gone because of the antibiotics and I am no longer in any pain. I am symptom free (actually BETTER than before the abscess gum wise) and I have had no antibiotics in five days...

My gut was telling me I didn't need the root canal, but there was a little voice in the back of my head that wanted me to get it done out of fear that it might still be the tooth.

But now that I know what symptoms to look for... I think I am more comfortable waiting a little longer to see if this root canal is really necessary.

I hope I made the right decision. Does anyone have any feedback for me on this?

Oh also, I do plan on finding a different dentist for two reasons: 1) This dentist is about 30 minutes away from my new home, but 2) I would like to find a dentist who is more thorough. I plan on finding a new dentist soon to get a new exam and see if everything is looking okay, a second opinion basically. I don't really want to just "wait it out" and see if it stays OK... that almost seems like wishful thinking to me. But I do not want to rush into a root canal after what I described without at least having someone else look at it.

Brenda86 said:
My gut was telling me I didn't need the root canal, but there was a little voice in the back of my head that wanted me to get it done out of fear that it might still be the tooth.
But now that I know what symptoms to look for... I think I am more comfortable waiting a little longer to see if this root canal is really necessary.
I love it when You walk the tight rope! :D

Disclaimer: My response is not carefully thought trough... :-[

clerck de bonk said:
Brenda86 said:
I love it when You walk the tight rope! :D

Disclaimer: My response is not carefully thought trough... :-[

That made me laugh. :D It made me laugh because you said it is not carefully thought through but I do feel like that is what I am doing here a little bit... hopefully I can make it across. I just feel like it's important for me to get a second opinion, but hopefully, not get sick again in the meantime. I just think this is still part of my lesson to stop thinking everyone has my best interest at heart and stop just going along with the first option presented. Or just to make sure I've actually learned it... See, I've always been pretty good at this when it comes to my actual values and on a more spiritual level - here I've always been searching and questioning. But when it comes to figures of authority in other areas - police officers, doctors, dentists - I seem to act like they are incapable of mistakes... when I am in their presence.

I didn't want to make this decision based on fear, which is what I would have been doing if I had gone today.

Back
Top Bottom