Recovering from Arthritis

I am already at my parents' house.

In 15 days I will return to have my stitches removed.

It is 6 weeks of immobilization but the Doctor told me that I could take off the sling to rest for short periods of time during the day.

The doctor told me that my bone looked great and since I had other tendons he was able to further strengthen my shoulder.

This shoulder was in better condition and I will have more range of motion.

I no longer have pain.

I'm going to give it a few more weeks and then start working.

Hugs to all!

Hi Claudia,I’ve just read your journey with Rheumatoid arthritis your courage is unbelievable and the inspiration you have given to all who have read this, and the support and love you have received has blown me away. So glad to here you have come through your operation and have no pain.I also was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis in 2011 just got up one morning and had pain in all my joints.To cut a long story short I was also on steroids for the pain and was offered methotrexate medication. I wasn’t keen on taking this,so after discussing this with my son I saw a naturopath and also changed my diet to paleo. Now I understand why my naturopath said to me “I dodged a bullet”as I only have very minor pain in my feet. So grateful to have read your post you’re one Incredible lady. Also just started the keto diet this week.

Hi Claudia,I’ve just read your journey with Rheumatoid arthritis your courage is unbelievable and the inspiration you have given to all who have read this, and the support and love you have received has blown me away. So glad to here you have come through your operation and have no pain.I also was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis in 2011 just got up one morning and had pain in all my joints.To cut a long story short I was also on steroids for the pain and was offered methotrexate medication. I wasn’t keen on taking this,so after discussing this with my son I saw a naturopath and also changed my diet to paleo. Now I understand why my naturopath said to me “I dodged a bullet”as I only have very minor pain in my feet. So grateful to have read your post you’re one Incredible lady. Also just started the keto diet this week.
Thank you for your words.
It has not been an easy process but I have not stopped trying.
It has brought valuable lessons and I have been able to see them and do something.

I hope that your process is mild and if not that you know that you have the ability to move forward, that all the strength is within you, you just have to recognize it.

Hello everyone.

My husband and I are back at the Ranch after three months in our hometown recovering from shoulder surgery.

Everything went very well with the rehab and I had the opportunity to do sessions in the pool, which made me very happy because I love the water.

I recovered quickly this time because the shoulder was operated on time, now I'm just in the strengthening phase.

I was very fortunate not to have anything pain in this process.

Being at my parents' house and with my brother was an opportunity to bond from another side, from support, understanding, expression and love.

My brother had an anxiety crisis and we were able to support him as a family and not from fear or denial.

He was able to express his feelings to me, to show his vulnerability and confidence, something that is difficult for him to do.

On the other hand with the arthritis medication I have been doing very well, I feel it has helped me a lot.

I have only one side effect which is hair loss, the doctor gave me some vitamins for that which contains b vitamins.

I also had the opportunity to give a Rites of Passage workshop with the support of the medicine wheel or wheel of the four directions.

The rites of passage are transitions that occur in life at different stages, for example menstruation, maternity, grief or separation, starting school or a new job, when they are grandparents, when they are getting married, etc.

I did it with 15 women and it was very nice to see the women supporting each other in their processes and me supporting the work.

It has been a beautiful few months for me.

Thank you very much with all my heart for your support!

Back
Top Bottom