"Puzzling People" by Thomas Sheridan - a puzzling person

Guardian said:
clerck de bonk said:
Somebody asked earlier if she even exists and the answer was yes(by Guardian I think).

Yes, the video I posted is of June Sheridan giving an interview to Irish TV regarding the artwork in question, and she tells the same story regarding it's creation that she tells on various websites....she made it. I checked the video out on the Irish TV website, and it appears legit. She also has her picture on her website in numerous places and it's the same woman in the video.

He next question would be; Has she been seen in person lately?

I haven't found any posts from her since she was mentioned in this thread, in fact, she (or he?) took down the Sept 8 page on her blog where she announces some of the craft shows she planned on attending. Of course it's impossible to tell who controls her blog at this point, it could be Thomas who's been deleting pages and comments?

There are still so many questions, which is why I'm still digging. It just doesn't make sense that she would post the video, and dozens of comments explaining how much SHE loves creating these pieces if she knew Thomas was selling them on ebay as being made by him??

The deletions don't make much sense either...do Thomas (or June?) think I would have mentioned anything I didn't already have screenshots of?

It appears she doesn't have a say in things concerning her... or someone are saying/writing things on her behalf.
Edit: It sure would be nice if one could ask her face to face.

clerck de bonk said:
It appears she doesn't have a say in things concerning her... or someone are saying/writing things on her behalf.

I haven't seen any evidence to support this conclusion--she could be doing these things herself in something of a Stockholm syndrome state where TS has convinced her that she needs to do them for whatever reason. That's only one possibility of many, though, currently.

Foxx said:
That's only one possibility of many, though, currently.

Exactly! This is so bizarre, I'm not sure what's going on yet. Maybe they aren't even together anymore, but June can't say anything about Thomas claiming her art because if they're divorced, she can't stay in Ireland?? Anything could be going on? I really wish I could speak directly with June, but I may have to settle for a third party contacting her at a craft show.

I'm thinking of contacting some of the people who bought the mandalas advertised as being made by Thomas on Ebay, but also appearing on various sites as having been created by June. The Roundabout's reputation is at stake here too. Clearly they think June made the pieces that Thomas has been claiming, and the buyers on Ebay think Thomas is the Artist, so somebody's being defrauded here?

TheRoundabout_1.png

TheRoundabout_2.png

While Thomas has been selling them as his artwork for a very long time:

ebay_com_Feedback_profile.png

I remember Thomas Sheridan often saying that psychopaths don't have any creative talent (including musical talent) and they only copy, so I took that at face value... after all, all the psychopaths I had encountered in my life had in fact been tone deaf. But one came along recently whom I was otherwise certain was a psychopath, but he could sing and could play the guitar, and even claimed to be a composer... this kind of confused me because I had what TS said in my mind and dismissed the idea that he was dangerous since he was musically "talented." I thought "oh well he's a musician, so there's no way he's a psychopath." But over time he exhibited other psychopathic traits and warning signs so strongly that I just couldn't ignore them anymore and I decided to cut contact. So do psychopaths lack creativity and creative talent such as in music and art (as TS said) to the point where they are tone deaf and can't carry a tune, or are they just as likely to be creatively talented as non-psychopaths?

So do psychopaths lack creativity and creative talent such as in music and art (as TS said) to the point where they are tone deaf and can't carry a tune, or are they just as likely to be creatively talented as non-psychopaths?

They can be excellent actors, mimics, etc. One man I grew up with was a talented singer, actor, and artist...but he was also a parasitic jackal. His twin brother was the true talent, and he aped everything he knew from that brother. It was quite sad to see how devoted they were to one another, even when it was clear the 'dark twin' went out of his way to undermine and destroy every good thing in his brother's life.

The difference comes down to this: Do they really care about other people? Or is it just a use and toss aside attitude?

How a person behaves to loved ones is a better indicator than learned skills, osit. Its those essential life skills in caring for other people that require a different kind of creativity.

For example: Your paycheck is short and you don't have enough money to pay the light bill and feed the kids....what do you do? Most people would feed their children by candle light, or pay the bill and ask for help in feeding the kids, or any number of combinations to meet those responsibilities.

A psychopath wouldn't care about any of that. It wouldn't matter if he could sing a tune or paint a portrait in that instance.

I saw this disturbing video on "how to be a cult leader" today.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

It's quite strange, but eye opening for anyone who has had experience with psychopaths or in cults that have been run by psychopaths. Whether on FB which breeds sycophantic behavior (endless liking of the psychopathic leader's posts), or in a group setting where people hang on the psychopath's every word. People keep asking "why do cults have eerily similar ways of operating??" and it seems like it's because all psychopaths (who tend to be the leaders of these cults) themselves as individuals follow such similar patterns and traits of behavior. Even if a group of people following a psychopath isn't officially called a cult, you can certainly see unofficial cults forming around these people... (facebook is a great place for that, great example is TS, and another psychopath I know who attracts a huge following on facebook)

This video is disturbing the heck out of me.. anyone else feel the same way after watching it?

Foxx said:
clerck de bonk said:

I haven't seen any evidence to support this conclusion--she could be doing these things herself in something of a Stockholm syndrome state where TS has convinced her that she needs to do them for whatever reason. That's only one possibility of many, though, currently.

IMO, the resent postings and doings of both persons(June & Thomas) on the web are somewhat logical if they are done by the same person. They are not(logical) if they indeed are two different persona.
If the resent postings/doings are done by two different people then it is as commented by earlier posters here; bizarre.

Foxx said:
clerck de bonk said:

There is also the distinct possibility that Thomas has been acting as her Marketing agent. (advertising and marketing is not surprisingly, his background) Handling all things web related and controlling how, when and where her material is posted and viewed. She may be told something along the lines of, "you just focus on your creativity and artistic endeavors. I'll handle everything else". So she may very well not be aware that he's been pawning her work off as his. And she may not be aware that he is deleting them.

I have a poster of one of "his" pieces. Has his signature on it and if it weren't for the fact that I had seen a video of him actually making that painting... I would now doubt if he was the artist. It may even be a copy of something June has done??? Or someone else for that matter?

I have also been thinking, Guardian.... that once you have accumulated everything you feel you can on this... and no doubt there will be a followup article on SOTT... I think this information should not only be sent to the arts councils in Ireland... but the local newspapers in Sligo should catch word too. People who are or could be exposed to him and should be warned about association with him... live right in his midst. And too, there will likely be many from his "neighborhood" or community who will step forward with further information and corroborations in light of this being brought forward. (not just the stuff on the arts fraud... but all of it)

Auranimal said:
I have a poster of one of "his" pieces. Has his signature on it ...

How is that? When did you acquire it? Did you have direct interaction with him in order to acquire it?

Laura said:
Auranimal said:
I have a poster of one of "his" pieces. Has his signature on it ...

How is that? When did you acquire it? Did you have direct interaction with him in order to acquire it?

I can't remember when exactly... I think it was last December or January. It was available through "Zazzle". You pick the artist. Choose the picture. Choose the size. Indicate if you want it framed and they ship it to you. TS had posted the link on his facebook page one day.

_http://www.zazzle.com/thomas+sheridan+gifts

And the print that I bought... here is the video of him apparently making it. And now... as I'm looking at it again, I'm thinking .... no telling who we are seeing painting this... and no telling who is actually filming it. (although that Paw could well be his) At 3:35 minutes in, you can see "him" signing his name to the painting. If it is NOT his work... then this is a very elaborate fake out, and there is just no way the artist could not know he was doing it. Myself, I am leaning toward thinking this is his own work... but I am open to considering other evidence and certainly ... Guardian has shown plenty of clear evidence that some of what he is claiming to be his work is NOT. Or... maybe he has set her up to sell HIS work in venues where he is unwelcome???

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhCNdZ5uRBw

Auranimal said:
Or... maybe he has set her up to sell HIS work in venues where he is unwelcome???

That occurred to me too...it's certainly possible.

"Oneperson" made a very interesting post to the psychopath free forum today.

(Please note: I separated oneperson's post into paragraphs to make it easier to read. There are no paragraph separations in the original)
They are married, they are partners, why is this so hard for you to understand? I will explain since I am an artist married to an artist. My husband and I work seperately but if I discover or he discovers a unique or interesting technique, we share it with each other. Why wouldnt we?! We are more interested in art and our bond than we are in "ownership" of an idea. I suspect it is the same with these two Sheridans. Real artist who love art and each other often put these bonds with the beauty of art and love above ego. Furthermore my husband and I often work on projects together and if I am asked if I created a joint project I will say yes and my husband will say the same.

We are one in this beauty of life and art. We used to have our art designated as he did, she did on our website but this year we changed that and removed all names attached with the art. It is our art. We inspire each other, we spend each day in the divine company of each other, who is to say on the outside of this bond what inspired what was created within it. NOT you Mr/Ms Guardian., that is certain. Likewise I say it is not you who shall determine the "ownership" of artisitic inspiration between a bonded couple like the Sheridans.

I think this feeding frenzy on Thomas Sheridan is just appalling. His ony crime is he gave too much and now that he want to get back to his life and his loved ones you would deny him that. Just as you would deny him his right to privacy on his FB page. He had that page as an individual, he had right to determine who he wanted to share with. If you do it differently that is your right. Must everyone do it your way or else come under your knife Guardian?

And for all you wondering why he wanted his posts removed. Can you blame him? Look at what people have done, dug up all things he said for past 10 years our of context and made a personal campaign against him. I would think that I would do the same. In fact I did. Once I saw what had happened to this man I myself removed the one post I had made here that I thought would be supportive and inspriring but it was also personal and involved my family so I removed it. I went to my FB and removed any personal thoughts I had. I went to any place online and removed any personal thoughts I had especially if they involved a loved one. I learned that these kind of things can come bite you and your loved ones in the butt later. It does not matter if it was good bad or indifferent. If someone is on a vendetta they will make craft it in to what they want.

If you want to ban me for speaking counter to the "party line" here of "get Sheridan", then so be it. this whole thing against him has gotten pathological and someone has to care enough to call it out for what it is. I care enough.

Guardian said:
Auranimal said:
Or... maybe he has set her up to sell HIS work in venues where he is unwelcome???

This person seems to me that identified with TS, and projects her own life on him. It is not uncommon, especially if she feels she learned something from "his" work, and invested parts of herself into believing him to be the person he presented to be, despite the evidence. This would have changed - maybe? - if she was part of the group that met him IRL, as Peace described here:

Several of our administrators recently came forward with some very troubling information. They have met Thomas in person, and he was extremely inappropriate to them. He had temper tantrums, would not allow any disagreements, and took his "jokes" too far with them. It was downright harassment.

Whatever has happened to Thomas, we hope he's okay, but this is not behavior we can have around members - and we will not tolerate it around our fellow administrators.

Alana said:
Guardian said:

This person seems to me that identified with TS, and projects her own life on him. It is not uncommon, especially if she feels she learned something from "his" work, and invested parts of herself into believing him to be the person he presented to be, despite the evidence.

I imagine Sheridan's wife would have a very similar (identical?) POV as this Oneperson, judging by how much she seems to cooperate with him, to the point of giving away her authorship of art. Personally I do not believe for a second that TS is a talented artist - unless you consider pretending you are something you are not a 'talent'. And I suspect the wife tells herself they are one and the same (one person?) and him taking the credit is ok because they share the making of art in "divine company". :rolleyes:

Laura said:
Maybe "oneperson" IS Sheridan's wife?

I agree. Oneperson's post was extremely emotionally and personally involved. "Likewise I say it is not you who shall determine the "ownership" of artistic inspiration between a bonded couple like the Sheridans."
She and her husband also share their artwork? Coincidence?
Anyway, if this is indeed the case, that the Sheridans really do joint projects, why don't they say so. They describe the atistic process in the first person, so BS to that.

Back
Top Bottom