New Forum layout April 2018

Aeneas

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Thanks to the Techie Team for a great update. Wow, so many new features. I like the 'likes' function as many times I read things, which I find really well put or just in agreement with, and not wanting to post just one-liners basically saying 'Ditto'. Perhaps the threads will get slightly smaller due to this feature and be a way for the 'chorus' and 'clappers' to show their agreements and support in another way. The dance of writing posts one day and be the chorus the next is of course just that, a dance where we all can participate in those interchangeable roles.

Anyway, just to say great job, guys. Now back to exploring the new features. :cool2:

Great job! I just have to get used to it, being a "dinosaur IT-person" I find myself clicking here and there just to see what does what.

New forum look is really good! Great work! :-)

I wonder where did "Bookmarks" disapear?
I also cannot find spell check function... :huh:

Merci pour le travail maintenant mais il faut maintenant s'y habituer ...
J'avoue que je ne m'y retrouve pas vraiment ...
Les pourquoi il apparaît dans le début de la phrase des "Les" comme ici ou "une" sans que nous ayons frapper? ...
Les commentaires suppriment un message quand on s'aperçoit qu'il est en double? Vous avez constaté que "Les" s'est encore inscrit sans que je le veuille ...
Les
Merci pour le travail maintenant mais vous devez vous y habituer maintenant ...

J'avoue que je ne comprends pas vraiment ...

Le pourquoi il apparaît au début de la phrase des "Les" comme ici ou "un" sans que nous ayons à frapper? ...

Comment supprimer un message lorsque vous remarquez qu'il est dupliqué? Vous pouvez voir que "Les" s'est de nouveau inscrit sans que je veuille ...

New forum layout looks great. There's always gonna be little nostalgie for previous layout but change is great.

A few notes...

1. Only languages available are English, Russian, and Arabic. XenForo 2.x was released 4 months ago, so not very many lang packs are available yet (or they're paid, and not updated often enough)

2. Old video embeds should work fine, but the new way of doing things is to paste a URL:

This works for all kinds of media embeds.

3. Full phone/tablet support

4. utf-8 mb4 support (EMOJIS!)

5. Multi-Quote: If you have multiple tabs open, you can highlight and copy excerpts of posts to the clipboard. Then switch back to your post, and click the Insert quotes... button.

6. It seems one cannot delete PMs like before, but I'm still figuring stuff out, too!

7. Your old login username is now displayed on your posts. Send me a PM if you want to change your username for privacy reasons.

8. You have your own "Profile Wall" where you can post updates and people can like/follow you... sort of.

9. Several smilies have changed due to the way the new forum parses posts, so old posts may have "broken" smilies.

10. Like button + sharing buttons everywhere

:headbanger:

Oops... Badges are displaying now.

Also, old URLs are NOT redirecting properly. I can't figure out why not... Update any bookmarks you have!

Loving the new forum :D Things seem more streamlined. Is there a section similar to the "view new replies to your posts" part or do we need to keep an eye on the new post thread?

Kudos to all the hard work that's been put into this :)

Awesome stuff!!! I like the layout and I'll like it even more once I've gotten my head around it :-)

7. Your old login username is now displayed on your posts. Send me a PM if you want to change your username for privacy reasons.

By "old login username" do you mean email? I normally login with Ant22 - or I did so on the old forum.

Last edited:
This looks fantastic! I'm excited to explore all the features. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom