New Forum layout April 2018

Well done on the new design, the forum looks really slick! :cool:

It will take some time to get used to the new layout but it should make for a better user experience. It's also good to see that the Latest Posts are now visible on the main page.

I didn't even know the old forum could do that. :lol:

Not sure about this one...

I do know in What's New -> Your News Feed, you can "follow" people and their posts will show in your feed. Haven't tried it yet, tho.

Nice, I'm now following you and some other members to keep track of latest updates and news from the Chateau. Not sure I'll be using the Latest Activity tab much - with all the new features (e.g. Likes) that tab might get overloaded and hard to follow.

I also noticed that by quoting your post above, the quote in your own post from lainey doesn't appear. Is there a way to include the full post (with the quotes inside it) when quoting someone or is that feature not available?

Wow!!!! I am impressed. This is really fun! Thanks for working always to improve this forum. I love it!:clap::perfect:

I also noticed that by quoting your post above, the quote in your own post from lainey doesn't appear. Is there a way to include the full post (with the quotes inside it) when quoting someone or is that feature not available?

I just checked and that's the default behavior. They don't like nested quotes... Too much clutter I guess. But you can always Multi-Quote to just include the important parts, which is prolly better anyway for readability. Personally, I hate it when people quote entire posts and don't trim!

I don't find where to go to the section where there were The Wave by chapters and many articles written by Laura?

Thanks, Scottie, for all your work!

However ... to me it all feels a bit FB-ish, with “likes” and “followers”, not something that I feel I need, but I guess I can just leave that away.

One thing, though, that I really like is the easier insertion of content into the post, which in the old system was a real headache. So this is definitely a major improvement.

For the rest, I guess I’ll just have to get used to the cataclysmic changes in our littel universe ...

:lol:

I just checked and that's the default behavior. They don't like nested quotes... Too much clutter I guess. But you can always Multi-Quote to just include the important parts, which is prolly better anyway for readability. Personally, I hate it when people quote entire posts and don't trim!

Makes sense, plus I just realised that when you reply to a post there is an "Insert quotes" option that shows all the posts for which you clicked the Quote button. Makes it very easy to add a quote to a new post. [added: it's the Multi-Quote option you mentioned].

The other thing I noticed is that the Latest Posts tab doesn't actually show the full post, but only the first sentence. It was my default page in the forum, but I guess I'll have to get used to it and check the latest posts differently.

Wow!!! It looks great! Thank you so much!

Now I have to figure out where's everything :cool2:

Just out of curiosity, there are members, guest and robots viewing the forum. Any idea who the robots are? :-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 13.25.11.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 13.25.11.png
    608.4 KB · Views: 29
After mourning yesterday´s forum daily news, I was only too happy to see this morning the result of your latest exploits, Scottie! :love:

Right now, I'm just finding out another very handy improvement, like not having to go back and forth while preparing my replies, all posts keep at sight, even if I select older pages.

Love the new look! Very excited to check out all the new features.

Just out of curiosity, there are members, guest and robots viewing the forum. Any idea who the robots are? :-)

pretty sure those are search engine crawlers.

I don't find where to go to the section where there were The Wave by chapters and many articles written by Laura?

You just go to the cassiopaea.org home site. Might be easier to just make that a bookmark in your browser.

Hi Scottie, my forum name does not appear under my avatar, but that could be because I'm on my iPad. I will check it on the computer. Also, when I look at my personal profile, it's coming up with my login name not my forum name- can you let me know where or how I can change that?
Cheers, Arwenn

The C's session transcripts tables for the "transcripts by date" looks like they haven't survived the transition.

I checked that thread and it looks messy.
Cassiopaean Session Transcripts by date
I searched a little to the internet and the problem is probably because the new XenForo forum does not have build in support for tables.
There are free add-ons that can be installed so the forum can support tables.
here is one link
-https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20558172/table-bbcode-with-xenforo
Scottie knows that the best.
He can probably fix that when he will have some time.

The cassiopaea forum look transformed, good looking, smooth, fast. I just noticed that my previous bookmarks of certain topics or threads to read further are not opening. Should i have to research those topics again and bookmark them?

Back
Top Bottom