New Forum layout April 2018

Is there a section similar to the "view new replies to your posts" part or do we need to keep an eye on the new post thread?

I didn't even know the old forum could do that. :lol:

Not sure about this one...

I do know in What's New -> Your News Feed, you can "follow" people and their posts will show in your feed. Haven't tried it yet, tho.

I wonder where did "Bookmarks" disapear?
I also cannot find spell check function... :huh:

No bookmarks, I don't think. That was an add-on for the old forum.

Spell check is also not included, but then you can install dictionaries in your browser and it'll do it for you - which is prolly why they didn't bother to include that feature.

Ooo! As I was writing this, somebody posted a new message, and it showed me... So I clicked the button and post appeared. And my post is still here!
:cool2:

Very nice guys!
No doubt this has taken some serious time to make happen, congrats to all involved!!

Reactions: CNS
Is there a section similar to the "view new replies to your posts" part or do we need to keep an eye on the new post thread?

What's New -> New Posts

It defaults to "Unread", but on the right side near the top there's a Filters button that lets you change it to "Threads in which you've participated"...

Closer...

The new home looks beautiful. Too bad there are no more Star Wars references :-P

They are there if you're not an ambassador, mod, or admin... And if you haven't entered a custom "title".

Both quirks of the new system. I had to do some minor hacking to get the titles + badges to show as they are. Apparently, we like to use that sort of thing differently than most other forum users!

They are there if you're not an ambassador, mod, or admin... And if you haven't entered a custom "title".

Both quirks of the new system. I had to do some minor hacking to get the titles + badges to show as they are. Apparently, we like to use that sort of thing differently than most other forum users!

True. Seeing it now. It will take a few hours to get used to the new layout and it's fun to learn.

This is a great update, love the layout! Many thanks to the techie team for all their hard work and a wonderful look!

No bookmarks, I don't think. That was an add-on for the old forum.

Spell check is also not included, but then you can install dictionaries in your browser and it'll do it for you - which is prolly why they didn't bother to include that feature.

Ooo! As I was writing this, somebody posted a new message, and it showed me... So I clicked the button and post appeared. And my post is still here!
:cool2:

At the top under "find threads" (using the drop down menu) there is: "your threads" "threads with your posts" and "unanswered threads"

Back
Top Bottom