History Channel's Ancient Aliens

This is what my dictionary says:

Holocaust
Origin: Middle English: from Old French holocauste, via late Latin from Greek holokauston, from holos, 'whole' + kaustos 'burned' (from kaiein 'burn')

Yes and also:
wikipedia said:
A holocaust is a religious animal sacrifice that is completely consumed by fire. The word derives from the Ancient Greek holocaustos (ὁλόκαυστος from ὅλος "whole" + καυστός "burnt"), which is used solely for one of the major forms of sacrifice.

When the Hebrew Bible was translated into Greek, as the Septuagint, the translators used the Greek term to translate the "burnt offering" in Ancient Israel
:)

Edit: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_%28sacrifice%29

liffy said:
Ah, well. But in origin it only means something that burns to ashes :)
Read the Ancient Testament. The burning sacrifice is offered to Yahweh. It is just astonishing that the term related in modern history to religious sacrifice is being attributed to the events of WW2. There are other terms who refer to massacre. If you see it as natural, that's a valid observation as well. Nothing that justifies a ping-pong argument.

mkrnhr said:
Read the Ancient Testament. The burning sacrifice is offered to Yahweh. It is just astonishing that the term related in modern history to religious sacrifice is being attributed to the events of WW2. There are other terms who refer to massacre. If you see it as natural, that's a valid observation as well. Nothing that justifies a ping-pong argument.

I totally agree, that's a pretty creepy use of words; almost sounds like Hitler coined it. I'll try to get a hold of Ancient Testament :)

In terms of symbolism could it be interpreted as nuked? :scared: burnt to ashes = nuked :huh:

Maybe term holocaust wasn't naming the past massacre of Jews in WW2 but instead a doomed destiny in future?
Maybe that is the reason why Israelis are so persistent in "finding" nuclear weaponz in Iran? And if Iran can't make a Nuke of their own Israelis certainly have them in abundance ....... ... :headbash:

Weeell ... I seem to go waaaay offf (?)

Sorry! :-[

I like ping pong :D :D :D!! This is a great discussion and I am always up for some new learning. I had never looked up the historical or dictionary meaning of Holocaust. I do know this, that there were only two flags allowed in Germany in WWII the Nazi and the Zionist.

On the subject, there is "9/11: The Ultimate Truth":

http://www.qfgpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=52&osCsid=3308e613d7c968e45622292699cb2fdc

I have to be off my feet for an entire month in April due to surgery so that book is on my list of reads for that period. Thank you for the reminder mkrnhr ;) Rereading older material is my current list. The memory is not what it used to be.

Getting back to the Ancient Aliens series, my husband watches it all the time, and I had to laugh when the "guy with the wild hair" was mentioned as that's exactly what I thought! My husband watches TV every night when he gets home from work, all the ghost hunting shows and documentaries about aliens, UFOs, etc., the latest is "America's Book of Secrets." There's even a new series "presented by" Stephen Hawking coming up.

I agree it's mostly hokum, but we both commented on the fact that isn't anybody else watching any of it? Nobody we've come in contact with IRL ever mentions having seen any of those type of shows. You know, none of the water cooler conversations centers around "hey, they showed the secret underground base last night!" It all seems to be "hey, did you see the game last night? :/

Mrs. Peel said:
Getting back to the Ancient Aliens series, my husband watches it all the time, and I had to laugh when the "guy with the wild hair" was mentioned as that's exactly what I thought! My husband watches TV every night when he gets home from work, all the ghost hunting shows and documentaries about aliens, UFOs, etc., the latest is "America's Book of Secrets." There's even a new series "presented by" Stephen Hawking coming up.

I agree it's mostly hokum, but we both commented on the fact that isn't anybody else watching any of it? Nobody we've come in contact with IRL ever mentions having seen any of those type of shows. You know, none of the water cooler conversations centers around "hey, they showed the secret underground base last night!" It all seems to be "hey, did you see the game last night? :/

How did Laura put it in that podcast? Something like, "no matter who you are or what your interests are, there is a disinformation program out there designed to draw you in and vector your thinking". For those who like 'unusual' things, they have "all the ghost hunting shows and documentaries about aliens, UFOs, etc., the latest is "America's Book of Secrets." There's even a new series "presented by" Stephen Hawking coming up" - because watching that stuff satisfies an appetite. Just imagine what a person might figure out if their appetite for truth about mysteries wasn't so easily satisfied by television designed to vector their thinking. The appetite is there - that's why the disinformation programs were created.

"no matter who you are or what your interests are, there is a disinformation program out there designed to draw you in and vector your thinking".

I was for many years against TV,and did not watch it. In the past few years I found myself DRAWN INby all the silly shows that Anart mentioned. Thanks to a reminder by Anart I have ,for the most part, gotten back to my old ways. I still will watch a movie with my wife, but reading is much better than mindless programming!!

Mr Meowgi said:
"no matter who you are or what your interests are, there is a disinformation program out there designed to draw you in and vector your thinking".

I was for many years against TV,and did not watch it. In the past few years I found myself DRAWN INby all the silly shows that Anart mentioned. Thanks to a reminder by Anart I have ,for the most part, gotten back to my old ways. I still will watch a movie with my wife, but reading is much better than mindless programming!!

Well, I am under no illusions about my husband. Although he is aware (or claimes to be) these programs are disinfo, he will do and watch what he will. :/

Unfortunately since I'm in the house too, I usually hear what's going on. Sometimes I do put earplugs in to block it out as I'm trying to read. :lol:

My comment was mostly that one would think some of the topics presented would seem so outlandish (if anyone ever watched the shows) that people would be talking about them, but no. A more common program out there designed to vector one's interest, OSIT, is sports. :scared:

I actually have watched ALL of the ancient alien series. I gained some new knowledge from watching them. I did not know about sites like Machu Piccu in Puru. And I then discovered more about them from the C's. Is it a bad show, not in it's entirety. I think what is said is this; If it is your first or near first encounter with such a thing, it steers you to a certain belief. If you go into it with" KNOWLEDGE" that it has it's pitfalls it is not such a bad thing. Without watching it we do not see what is going on in the realm of disclosure and other BS. My issue was that I was watching far too much TV. I had fallen back into another trap that I had gotten rid of. I did not watch TV for many years and at one point did not even own one. I do believe it helped my depression worsen and gave me a DILLIGAF attitude towards everything.

Again I'm late to the dance on this one. I have watched all of this series and yes there is quite a bit of B.S. but at the same time they show things like Puma Punku which absolutely fascinates me. They can not even really date this site and as I have read in some of what the Cs have said that it was a joint venture with the Lizards. We in our computer age technology would have great difficult recreating this. As a tool and die maker this blows my mind the precision with which these stones were made. Having worked on things that have ended up in space I have a strong appreciation for engineering and how things work.
In one of the episodes they did go into the " These aliens might have a bad agenda" schtick talking about the black death and how people actually saw Bringers of death with scythes. I look at it this way, anything that will make the populace go hrrrm and wake up from their slumber is not all bad.I mean I read the news papers and listen to right wing talk radio but I put my special set of glasses on when I do so. If looked at in the correct context the main stream will let ya know what is going on.
Which session stated the 'lizard joint venture' at Puma Punku please? I did a search but could not locate it.

Back
Top Bottom