Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Re: Help with creating (and proofreadind) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Gandalf said:
Menrva said:
Hi Gandalf,
I volunteered on this thread. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31072.msg412892.html#msg412892
If someone else is doing it, I can start on another one?

Hi Menrva,

I am really sorry about that but since your name was not written in the table, mimimari took it. That's my mistake. :-[

Were you closed to the end?

Could you tell me where you were at on the STR and I will ask mimimari the same thing and we could see what is the best thing to do from that.

So far I have transcribed 16 minutes of show #4.

mimimari said:
Gandalf said:
Menrva said:
Hi Gandalf,
I volunteered on this thread. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31072.msg412892.html#msg412892

Hi Menrva,

I am really sorry about that but since your name was not written in the table, mimimari took it. That's my mistake. :-[

Could you tell me where you were at on the STR and I will ask mimimari the same thing and we could see what is the best thing to do from that.

Thanks mimimari for the info.

What about you Menrva?

herondancer said:
I had the same problem, but when I changed the window to full screen, the table straightened out. Maybe that would help?

Thank you herondancer! Changing the window size worked!

I'm still working on it, but I'm almost done. I need 1 or 2 days to complete it.

Thank you Gandalf, for your response.

Excellent. Thank you Gandalf. I look forward to being of assistance.

Hey Gandalf,

I will be happy transcribe show #16, Colin Ross interview, if nobody is working on it already.

Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

I will be happy transcribe show #16, Colin Ross interview, if nobody is working on it already.

Hi Atuya, From the table looks like Stoneboss has that one (reducing the font of the webpage makes it easier to see the table). The rest of the shows are taken.

If you want, you could do the second half of the one I'm doing. I just started yesterday and it is taking me a long time just to do the first few minutes. It is harder for me than I thought. I'm doing Show #13: Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland. It is 154 min long, so you could take from the 77th min on.

Bear said:
Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

Hi Atuya, From the table looks like Stoneboss has that one (reducing the font of the webpage makes it easier to see the table). The rest of the shows are taken.

If you want, you could do the second half of the one I'm doing. I just started yesterday and it is taking me a long time just to do the first few minutes. It is harder for me than I thought. I'm doing Show #13: Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland. It is 154 min long, so you could take from the 77th min on.

Hi Bear,

I don't know if you have seen that post from herondancer, but here it is:

herondancer said:
I've also found a nifty free transcribing program called Express Scribe here:

http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe/3000-2079_4-10060252.html

they'll bug you a bit to buy the full version, but for purposes here it works great!

Maybe it could help you ;)

Atuya said:
Hey Gandalf,

Hi Atuya,

Since the #16 is already taken by Stoneboss, maybe as proposed by Bear, you could help him.

Bear said:

Bear said:
I'm doing Show #13: Baghdad to Boston - Terrorism Strikes the American Homeland. It is 154 min long, so you could take from the 77th min on.

Will do. Thanks.

Gandalf said:
Carlise said:
If nobody is doing it yet, I can start on show 10 (one of my favourites :) ), got a little more free time recently.

Hi Carlise,

Go ahead with #10. I will put your name on the list.

Edited: Table updated

Hello!

I've been working on show #10 based on signing up for it here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12953.msg413515.html#msg413515
Seems like it's my mistake, partly, because of the scrambled communication...

Sorry for that.

Shall we share the show, Carlise?
I could take the first hour, you the second, since I'm gone through part of it...?

Greetings,
Momo

momo said:
Gandalf said:
Carlise said:
If nobody is doing it yet, I can start on show 10 (one of my favourites :) ), got a little more free time recently.

Hi Carlise,

Go ahead with #10. I will put your name on the list.

Edited: Table updated

Hello!

I've been working on show #10 based on signing up for it here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12953.msg413515.html#msg413515
Seems like it's my mistake, partly, because of the scrambled communication...

Sorry for that.

Shall we share the show, Carlise?
I could take the first hour, you the second, since I'm gone through part of it...?

Greetings,
Momo

Hi Momo,

Yeah that's okay, it's my mistake also because I should have checked the Show 10 thread to see if anyone was doing it. I've done the first 20 minutes, it took a really long time but it was a fun learning experience because you listen intently to every word! I'll start again at the one hour mark and we can merge them together for proofreading.

Also now that the table has been updated to include proofreading, the lines are scrambled. The best option for viewing it in full, as mentioned, is to zoom out (CTRL + scroll back with mouse wheel).

Also, listening to everyone talking slowed down to 50% you all sound incredibly drunk :lol:

Gandalf said:
Hi Bear,

I don't know if you have seen that post from herondancer, but here it is:

herondancer said:
I've also found a nifty free transcribing program called Express Scribe here:

http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe/3000-2079_4-10060252.html

they'll bug you a bit to buy the full version, but for purposes here it works great!

Maybe it could help you ;)

I've been using it :D, but maybe some OCD tendencies or a small working memory are coming out since I play, type, replay, edit etc over and over. I'll keep chipping away at my part. I just finished school today for the semester and will have more time over the next few weeks.

Gandalf said:
mimimari said:
Gandalf said:
Menrva said:
Hi Gandalf,

Hi Menrva,

What about you Menrva?

Just under 10 minutes transcribed.

Menrva said:
Gandalf said:
mimimari said:
Gandalf said:
Menrva said:
Hi Gandalf,

Hi Menrva,

What about you Menrva?

Just under 10 minutes transcribed.

What do you think Menrva and mimimari of splitting the Sott Talk radio#4 in two. First half for one of you and the second half for the other?

Gandalf said:
What do you think Menrva and mimimari of splitting the Sott Talk radio#4 in two. First half for one of you and the second half for the other?

Sharing sounds good to me. We could split the show in two at 1:06:12, where Joe starts talking. Menrva would you prefer to do the first or second half?

Back
Top Bottom