Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

Re: Help with creating (and proofreadind) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

There is Express Scribe for Macs too!
http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe-Free-Transcription/3001-2079_4-75172971.html?spi=c88b8ea1ad8e4a8a704fe6b30c69bcf6

I am still working on Show #4.

Menrva said:
http://download.cnet.com/Express-Scribe-Free-Transcription/3001-2079_4-75172971.html?spi=c88b8ea1ad8e4a8a704fe6b30c69bcf6

Hi Menrya,

Sorry to ask that but I don't see your name in the table :huh: :huh: :huh:

Gandalf said:
Menrva said:

Hi Menrya,

Sorry to ask that but I don't see your name in the table :huh: :huh: :huh:

Hi Gandalf, Menrva signed up for the show here.

Hi Gandalf,
I volunteered on this thread. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31072.msg412892.html#msg412892
If someone else is doing it, I can start on another one?

Gandalf said:
Stoneboss said:
I would like to help with transcribing. I have at least a couple of hours each day to work on this. I will of course just need to know how to go about it, and I will download the transcribing program tonight.

Hi Stoneboss,

You can choose in that list which one that you would like to do.

When choosen, let me know.

However, if all shows have been taken, we also need proofreaders for the shows that have been transcribed. .

Hi Gandalf, looks like #16 is still open, can I do that one?

Menrva said:
Hi Gandalf,
I volunteered on this thread. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31072.msg412892.html#msg412892
If someone else is doing it, I can start on another one?

Hi Menrva,

I am really sorry about that but since your name was not written in the table, mimimari took it. That's my mistake. :-[

Were you closed to the end?

Could you tell me where you were at on the STR and I will ask mimimari the same thing and we could see what is the best thing to do from that.

Stoneboss said:
Gandalf said:
Stoneboss said:
I would like to help with transcribing. I have at least a couple of hours each day to work on this. I will of course just need to know how to go about it, and I will download the transcribing program tonight.

Hi Stoneboss,

However, if all shows have been taken, we also need proofreaders for the shows that have been transcribed. .

Hi Stoneboss,

Yes you can do #16.

Table updated

Gandalf said:
QuantumLogic said:
I looked at the list, and #9 is not taken yet. I am going to use herondancer's program link to assist with the task. It seems like money well worth spent considering the speed change abilities beyond the SOTT shows(important lectures linked on SOTT and the forum). If no one else has taken it, I would like to take #9. Let me know if this is ok. Thanks!

Hi QuantumLogic,

Go ahead with #9. It is yours. :thup:

Table updated

Great! Thank you. :D

Gandalf said:
Stoneboss said:
Gandalf said:
Stoneboss said:

Hi Stoneboss,

Hi Stoneboss,

Yes you can do #16.

Table updated

Thank you Gandalf.

Hi Gandalf! I just checked an updated list and now I'm confused. I'm transcribing SoTT Talk Radio show "Good Science, Bad Science – Psychology and Psychiatry. I thought it was a show # 11. In the list, Carlise is listed as a person who's doing it. My name is under show # 11: 'Settled science' – How Greed Corrupted the Hard Sciences. Did I make a mistake, giving this show a wrong number? If you can, please clarify this.

Hi All. I would love to help with proofreading if you still need people for this.

Olesya said:
Hi Gandalf! I just checked an updated list and now I'm confused. I'm transcribing SoTT Talk Radio show "Good Science, Bad Science – Psychology and Psychiatry. I thought it was a show # 11. In the list, Carlise is listed as a person who's doing it. My name is under show # 11: 'Settled science' – How Greed Corrupted the Hard Sciences. Did I make a mistake, giving this show a wrong number? If you can, please clarify this.

The table appears to be fixed now :)

Olesya said:

Hi Olesya,

You are marked as doing #11. If you don't see it like that, maybe you could change the size of your font in your browser.

I had the same problem, but when I changed the window to full screen, the table straightened out. Maybe that would help?

Rick3 said:
Hi All. I would love to help with proofreading if you still need people for this.

Hi Rick3,

Yes we do need help with the proofreading.

Give me a couple of days to discuss it with the mods of the translation group and I will come back with the way that we will do that.

Back
Top Bottom