Egely Wheel - measure and increase your own vitality level

GB said:
IThe device is only good for comparison measurements, inscription on the front and in the handbook tell how big your energy is compared to the champion managers.
And why do you believe the handbook? What is the evidence that is "measuring your energy"? As explained in previous posts it may well measure the heat flow from your hands.
GB said:
Frequent measurements, 3-4 times a day drain your energy.
Sure, generating heat in your hands may well drain your energy. Much like trying for a longer time to cross your eyes!

It's getting stranger and stranger...

I have eliminated body heat as the causal factor. I have also eliminated exhalations, eg. breathing on it. I have also eliminated physical airflow modification.

There is definitely a statistically significant effect of a human hand on the spinning of the wheel. I can get it to spin hundreds of revolutions in a specific direction in a room where over time, there is essentially no net air rotation of the wheel. I can usually get it to at least 7 RPM (either direction) unless I am tired. 15 RPM is a normal level, keep in mind this is in rooms where there is no ambient spin. I have done it at many different locations.

I am feeling electrical tingles in my hand, especially when I "exert" myself, but even when I am just letting it spin it feels like electricity is dancing on my hand. I also found reference to static electricity rotating mobiles. I have also verified that the wheel is sensitive to static electricity, so I was leaning toward that as being the causal agent. It still leaves unexplained how people can modulate static electricticy simply by thinking about it...

As a backup theory, I found out that we emit biophotons, but it is at a very low level so it is a remote possibility that it has enough power to move the wheel.

While I have a math degree and am pretty scientifically minded, I don't have the lab to properly measure microcurrents, feels like 10 to 20 volts. I setup a quick demo with a bioengineering researcher at the UW. 4 hours later, we had eliminated both static electricity and biophotons. The benchmark test was when my hand was covered with aluminum foil, the spin rate went from 8 down to 4. Then he grounded the foil and it dropped to 2 rpm. At that moment I realized that I had been expecting the spin rate to drop, but when I saw that it still spun through grounded foil, I realized that if any rotation was left it should be able to spin at normal rates. Immediately, it started spinning faster and got to 6 rpm.

There was also a strange linkage between two wheels that were across the room. Can't duplicate that one yet, but I think somehow the "energy" was reflecting off a crystal that was between the two wheels. I changed directions on the wheel near me 4 times and each time, the other wheel about 6 feet away changed directions and spun up to more than 4rpm, which is much faster than ambient airflow ever could.

So, to GB who thinks that this is meaningless, I posit that it proves:

Humans can directly consciously modulate a medium other than air

Even if this something is a known physical phenomenon, it would be a significant discovery. My feeling is that it represents a new type of force currently not accounted for in physics. The force that is the difference between being in a live performance of a play vs. watching a video of that performance. Or the feeling you get when somebody is staring at you. We all know there is something, we just don't know what it is. The Egely wheel appears to quantify whatever this thing is.

I can control the direction the wheel spins. My right hand naturally rotates it counter clockwise and my left hand rotates it clockwise. There are times where it goes against the natural rotation. I can also exert myself to try to make it spin the "wrong" way, but that is not something I can do everytime, maybe only about half the time and then not very fast.

I am hoping that we can have a scientific discussion about the causal mechanism in this forum, instead of the usual "it violates the laws of physics" so it can't be true reaction. There are no LAWS of physics, just the then current best guess that we have. 200 years ago radioactivity didn't have a scientific basis, but that was not because radioactivity did not exist. The science just wasn't advanced enough.

So, my question is, what type of force can reduce entropy in a small volume of air under conscious human control, or maybe just in the presence of something that is alive?

Interesting. What is the maximal distance between your hand and the wheel at which you can still reproduce the effect?

Question: What about the mediums that might be hindering the "energy"
transfer? Can you try an experiment where the vacuum is the same between
the hand and the wheel itself? After all, the "energy" has to pass through two
mediums, (1) the air and under atmospheric pressure and (2) the glass?

Edit: From Wiki: _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer

Wiki said:
Cooling the radiometer causes rotation in the opposite direction.
The effect begins to be seen at partial vacuum pressures of a few millimeters of mercury (torr) , reaches a peak at around 10−2 torr and has disappeared by the time the vacuum reaches 10−6 torr (see explanations note 1). At these very high vacuums the effect of photon radiation pressure on the vanes can be observed in very sensitive apparatus (see Nichols radiometer) but this is insufficient to cause rotation.

Note 1:
# Crookes incorrectly suggested that the force was due to the pressure of light. This theory was originally supported by James Clerk Maxwell who had predicted this force. This explanation is still often seen in leaflets packaged with the device. The first experiment to disprove this theory was done by Arthur Schuster in 1876, who observed that there was a force on the glass bulb of the Crookes radiometer that was in the opposite direction to the rotation of the vanes. This showed that the force turning the vanes was generated inside the radiometer. If light pressure was the cause of the rotation, then the better the vacuum in the bulb, the less air resistance to movement, and the faster the vanes should spin. In 1901, with a better vacuum pump, Pyotr Lebedev showed that in fact, the radiometer only works when there is low pressure gas in the bulb, and the vanes stay motionless in a hard vacuum. Finally, if light pressure were the motive force, the radiometer would spin in the opposite direction as the photons on the shiny side being reflected would deposit more momentum than on the black side where the photons are absorbed. The actual pressure exerted by light is far too small to move these vanes but can be measured with devices such as the Nichols radiometer.
Of course, they are talking about "light" but in what context? What if it were a high powered laser? Obviously lasers with high power would probably spin the wheel much faster or burn a hole through one or more vanes, right? So what conditions are we setting up here? Is there a different kind of "energy" we are talking about here? Thermal? Radiant Light? EM? "PSI energy", or what? What about lasers with different energies that span the color spectrum at the low end to the higher end and perhaps beyond and at different power levels? I guess, the devil is in the details, right?

There is no reason for assuming that radiometer and the wheel operate on similar principles. In fact there are good reasons to assume that the principles can be altogether different: in the radiometer it is necessary to have one side of the leaves black the other side shiny. With the wheel there is no such a difference.

Yes Ark, agreed. I was only focusing on the radiometer since it was introduced. The
"Egely wheel" is something else altogether and I am not sure what the "internals"
are based on. Is that information available or is it proprietary information?

Was your thrice posted reply intentional?

Edit: Since I asked if that information was available - it seems to point back to
your simple paper/pin example you already shown. I googled for Egely wheel
and it showed other sites doing almost the same. One such variation is:

_http://beyondmeditation.com/content/view/40/66/

What I don't understand with the above link is that heat
needs to be added under the bottle cap...

The following link seems to tell you what your "rankings" might
be and explains some history....

_http://www.kirlian.org/interesting/egely/leiras2.htm

The radiometer uses known physics of heat, eg. white absorbs less heat than black. This difference creates a force and it turns.

The egeley wheel is TOTALLY different.

The wheel turns, but there is no known causal effect! As such it merits a lot more consideration than what is already known how it works.

Yes, if you put a heat source like a soldering iron next to the wheel, it will turn.
Yes, if you put a statically charged item like a plastic ruler, the wheel will turn.
Yes, if you simply blow air on the wheel, it will turn, quite fast in fact.

The mystery is that with ambient conditions such that the wheel has no sigificant NET rotation, eg. from a starting point a full clockwise rotation canceling out a full counter clockwise rotation would have very low net rotations after 30 minutes, say less than 5 full rotations. In that exact environment, I can make it spin hundreds of times in whichever direction you want. NET rotations.

My hand is nowhere near as hot as a soldering iron and even it if was, I doubt it would cause as much rotation. I don't think my hand has as much static electricity as a plastic ruler and even if it was static, how can I modulate it by thinking about it? I can do this while wearing a surgical mask and facing away from the wheel, so it is not external airflow. How much static electricity can get through a grounded piece of foil anyway? Also, why does the right hand rotate it in a different direction than the left hand?

Almost everybody who has actually tested the wheel says that it spins, yet nobody has any explanation. This is driving me bonkers. Is this a new force of physics? Is this proof that humans can modulate gigahertz radio waves? (yes, a cell phone does spin it a few rpm!). Whatever it is, it is VERY significant

Healer: thanks for the explanation. I tried the paper/pin experiment
but was not able to get it to turn. Maybe my problem is poor construction
ie there is too much friction or low or non existent PSI power in me. Dunno.

I'll try the other example and see if that works for me. The expensive electronic
version device is beyond my budget so I won't be able try that one.

Edit: OH! I moved the pin/paper onto a mat on a table and rested my
right hand, cupped, and nothing happened but when I switched to use
my left hand, it rotated clockwise pretty good! I wonder why my right
hand did not work... very odd.

It is extremely important that friction is minimized. The force being created is very, very small. Once I got a small piece of dirt stuck in the spindle and the added friction prevented it from moving at all.

dant: I think logically you doubt that it will work and this thinking of the left brain is blocking whatever it is that creates the spin. Left brain --> right hand. Your left hand on the other hand is controlled by the right brain, so it has no preconceived ideas on whether it will work or not.

Once you start believing, then your right hand will start working.

When I first tried it, I could't get it to work at all. A few days later my son asked me what it was and I told him the concept. At first he just spun it manually, but I told him he was supposed to do it without touching it or breathing on it. Half an hour later, I heard all sorts of beeping!

Since he could do it, I had to also do it or suffer the humiliation. I did manage to get it to 2rpm, but then he called me "almost dead" and that really got to me, so I spun it up to 10rpm. Motivation is really the key, but the optimal state is a relaxed concentration, if that makes any sense.

Let me repeat again my question to Healer: What is the maximal distance between your hand and the wheel at which you can still reproduce the effect?

Sorry, I forgot about that question.

There are times where I can move the wheel from a distance of 10 feet or so just by looking at it, but it doesn't spin very fast. At about 6 inches, it becomes dicey whether any appreciable spin can be created reliably.

In one test I did, I turned out the lights and that really helped move it from long distance. I had it going several RPM from 6 feet+ just by looking at it. I even made it change directions, but not with precise control.

I can also usually get it spinning (slowly) with just one finger.

When I re-read Ark's comment:

Notice this: "numerous experiments have been done where air currents have been removed from the system". That does not mean that heat/plasma is not responsible for the motion.
I suspect that the close proximity of heat of my hand near the paper may be
getting trapped underneath the paper and builds to a point that once the heat
is "maximally" collected, that heat is released back into the surrounding air
and the paper spins. Once the heat-energy is released, the rotation stops. I
wait awhile longer and the cycle repeats.

I noticed that the further away my hand is from the paper/pin, it does not work. My
hand has to be very close. This spinning is not very consistent. Of course, this is
my observation and my theory may be wrong. But it is fun to play with it. :)

Please note that I am not talking about the electronic version of the device but
only the paper/pin version.

Edit: Gah. I dunno what it is... I finally got my right hand to work now. It seems that
I tried to use mirth and free-feeling (whatever that means) and it spun CCW... but
still - I am not sure if it is heat or what. It seems that maybe it has something to
do with my mental blockage, that makes it stop but it seems to rotate 4-5 revolutions
and then it stops, then starts again, and then stops awhile and it is not consistent.
Nevertheless it IS interesting.

Interesting psi wheel demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5NwRfMJgOQ

Also interesting his description of his method to achieve this control in the comments section. Now of course it could still be fake because ultimately anything can be faked if one tries hard enough, but it sure makes me wonder.

SAO: Interesting. Do you want to try it yourself and see what
results you get? I was able to do it myself albeit I haven't
tried a glass bowl nor was I able to do it that far away. I
had to have my hand at least 1/2" to 1" away from the "wheel".
My rotation rate was at least 1 rev/2-3 sec. I was able to get
a consistent rotation for at least 30 seconds now and don't ask
me why. Maybe I calm down better now at 5PM and it seems
to work well with my left hand - but get poor results with my
right hand. It would be interesting what our members on this
forum might report, if that is ok by Art/Laura?

For what it is worth, I tried covering the wheel with a plastic
pyrex measuring cup large enough and narrow enough to be
at least 1/8" from the wheel corners but unobstructed and I
was not able to get it to turn at all. Makes me wonder if it
is simple convection currents in my room. That is probably
it for me.

Well I just had to try it now lol, made the little paper thing, put it on a pen on a table, and put a large cylindrical glass vase over it to make sure no currents interfered (I tried without the vase and it moved a little but I have doubts it was me). I tried blowing air from all sides to make sure the setup is air-proof and so far no luck getting any movement out of it. However here is his other video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFcahzu4E5A&mode=user&search= which was done in December 06, only 4 months ago or so, and he looks like he can barely move that thing. So it appears that he perfected his skill over a course of 4 months and it didn't just "happen" overnight, if his videos are real that is. And if you look up psi wheel on google video, you get tons of videos, I just posted his because he at least appears to actually use some controls on his demonstration.

Back
Top Bottom