Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

So as I understand it, IR light helps the oxygen move from the blood into the tissues, and HBOTis also saturating the tissues with oxygen. So using HBOT after infrared treatment would super charge the tissues with oxygen as well as assisting the reoxygenation of the blood. I believe there are many other benefits to IR therapy.
Yes, although I'm not sure about correct order of therapies. This is something that is probably best to figure out in practice, with the help of oximeter. Perhaps doing the IR therapy together with extra oxygen would be also helpful, just like doing exercise with oxygen, like NewEngland Seeker shared with that video.

I usually get sick a lot this time of year too with a fever. Today I had a headache and knew a fever would develop soon, but I megadosed on vitamin C, and no more headache/fever. The HBOT sessions have helped too with keeping immune system energy levels high.

Hi all,
I have been doing HBOT daily now for about a month and a half (90 mins once a day) and at this point have done around 40 sessions.

Although I have seen some benefit, things are still very much up and down.

I still have pretty debilitating fatigue (both physically and mentally), brain fog, low mood and mild tinnitus most days along with visual snow as a constant.

I am in less pain for the most part now for which I'm am very thankful.

I'm sure much of the fluctuation is still to be expected at this point in the process but I have noticed that even mild disturbances in sleep seem to set me back a lot.

I can't tell if the sleep problems are causing the symptoms to worsen or if the insomnia is just another symptom that is coinciding with the worsening of the rest (I suspect its a bit of both).

Any of this sound familiar ?

Hi all,
I have been doing HBOT daily now for about a month and a half (90 mins once a day) and at this point have done around 40 sessions.

I still have pretty debilitating fatigue (both physically and mentally), brain fog, low mood and mild tinnitus most days along with visual snow as a constant.

I'm sure much of the fluctuation is still to be expected at this point in the process but I have noticed that even mild disturbances in sleep seem to set me back a lot.

I can't tell if the sleep problems are causing the symptoms to worsen or if the insomnia is just another symptom that is coinciding with the worsening of the rest (I suspect its a bit of both).

I was dealing with some form of fatigue syndrome when I started HBOT, and still felt dead tired after 40 sessions, along with other symptoms like brain fog. Things turned a corner for me closer to session 60-70.

It may be worthwhile to try switching to taking weekends off instead of doing daily sessions. I felt better after doing this, allowing the body more time to adjust to all the intense changes going on internally.

Prior to HBOT, my doctor had said that sometimes fatigue is a result of not resting while sleeping. I was tested for all kinds of things, from mononucleosis to cancer to covid to Lyme's. A sleep study at a nearby clinic was recommended after all these tests came back negative. Apparently you can be horizontal for 8 hours, technically 'sleeping' but not actually resting. After an overnighter in the clinic, hooked up to all kinds of hear, the doctor shared some measures with me that were designed to actually induce rest while I was sleeping. May be worth looking into in your case.

Hi all,

Yes, all sounds familiar. You have a good schedule going, so keep up with it.

Meanwhile, one thing I learned by trial and error was that if I have eaten anything inflammatory to my system, my sleep is terribly broken... I wake up, I ache, I can't go back to sleep, I have to visit the bathroom two or three times, etc etc.

But, when I have managed to get through a couple of days irritant free, I sleep like a baby. It really is amazing.

Thing is, everybody is different as to what foods aggravate their systems. In my case, the worst offenders are: peanuts, eggs, almonds, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, agar agar, vanilla, flax seeds, milk, spelt, chick peas, flat fish, pineapple, bananas, pear, mandarine, brussels sprouts, oyster, herring, mussels, barley, spelt, buckwheat, wheat, gluten, cheeses, mustard.

Anyway, I've noticed from the food sensitivities tests of others that the worst offenders are eggs, nuts, dairy (milk and cheeses), wheat and related. Rice works for me, and most meats, and a few veggies. If I stick to that, mainly, I'm fine. And when the inflammation is down, I sleep very well and all aches and pains go away.

I don't think HBOT is gonna cure that sort of thing if it is present.

Hi all,

HBOT is a passive therapy that is best coupled with an active one. I have learned to do a minimum of 90 minutes of aerobic exercises to get enough extra blood flushing out the brain. This has been the main helper in getting sufficient deep sleep. The key focus is to strengthen the heart. A strong heart with a calm body results in sound sleep.

Yes, all sounds familiar. You have a good schedule going, so keep up with it.

Meanwhile, one thing I learned by trial and error was that if I have eaten anything inflammatory to my system, my sleep is terribly broken... I wake up, I ache, I can't go back to sleep, I have to visit the bathroom two or three times, etc etc.

But, when I have managed to get through a couple of days irritant free, I sleep like a baby. It really is amazing.

Thing is, everybody is different as to what foods aggravate their systems. In my case, the worst offenders are: peanuts, eggs, almonds, oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, agar agar, vanilla, flax seeds, milk, spelt, chick peas, flat fish, pineapple, bananas, pear, mandarine, brussels sprouts, oyster, herring, mussels, barley, spelt, buckwheat, wheat, gluten, cheeses, mustard.

Anyway, I've noticed from the food sensitivities tests of others that the worst offenders are eggs, nuts, dairy (milk and cheeses), wheat and related. Rice works for me, and most meats, and a few veggies. If I stick to that, mainly, I'm fine. And when the inflammation is down, I sleep very well and all aches and pains go away.

I don't think HBOT is gonna cure that sort of thing if it is present.
Thanks Laura,

Over the past few months I have tried to narrowed my diet down to remove any remaining hidden offenders, I am now only eating meat, rice, olive oil, salt and some spices (black pepper, paprika, dried chilly and harissa powder), i recently reintroduced potato to diversify my carb intake a bit and suspect that could be to blame, at least to some degree.

I have also found that I feel somewhat better when I only eat one large meal a day, first thing in the morning and fast for the remaining hours, not sure if that's truly a tenable adaptation in the long run, but it haven't notice any maleffect thus far.

Yes it sounds familiar with some variations.
From memory most people here did 60 min sessions, one session per day with two days off per week.
Did you read the all thread ?
When i first began i was doing 60 mins 5 on 2 off, but quickly found that my symptoms where significantly worse than even baseline during the days off.

Maybe I will give it another try and see if I'm past some herdle and would start to benafit.

Thanks Laura,

Over the past few months I have tried to narrowed my diet down to remove any remaining hidden offenders, I am now only eating meat, rice, olive oil, salt and some spices (black pepper, paprika, dried chilly and harissa powder), i recently reintroduced potato to diversify my carb intake a bit and suspect that could be to blame, at least to some degree.

I have also found that I feel somewhat better when I only eat one large meal a day, first thing in the morning and fast for the remaining hours, not sure if that's truly a tenable adaptation in the long run, but it haven't notice any maleffect thus far.

Immediately stop the
paprika, dried chilly and harissa powder

Even a pinch of paprika or chillie pepper (or any pepper other than black pepper), puts me in agony. I suspect it may be the same for many people.

Just reporting in that after 63 hours of usage of the Macy Pan soft shell chamber that I have finally gotten over the somewhat extreme sluggishness and sleepiness! For a while I had to use it only ~3 times per week so I had enough energy to make it through a work day without falling asleep, but now I'm up to 5 days a week and waking up pretty fresh. No breakthroughs in energy, no sharpening of mind, no superpowers... yet :)

Just did my 114th dive. Had a week or so of great energy and then I had very low energy for 5 days or so. I suspect that may be due to the reintroduction of coffee. I reintroduce coffee for about to month and quickly got to 6-8 cups a day. On my first day of low energy I gave up coffee for a few days. My energy is now pretty good and I drink coffee again but no more than two cups a day.

Edit : I must add that previously I hadn't drink coffee for at least one year.

Back
Top Bottom