Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Probably after New Year's, I'm going to add FAR IR sauna blanket two or three times a week after HBOT. That is also very good for varicose veins.
Speaking about IR and HBOT... I was reading how oximeters work, and it's interesting that they are based on the principle that oxygenated blood absorbs more IR light than the blood lacking oxygen. So perhaps it is a good idea to combine the two therapies.
  • The oximeter utilizes an electronic processor and a pair of small light-emitting diodes (LEDs) facing a photodiode through a translucent part of the patient's body, usually a fingertip or an earlobe.
  • One LED is red, with wavelength of 660 nm, and the other is infrared with a wavelength of 940 nm.
  • Absorption of light at these wavelengths differs significantly between blood loaded with oxygen and blood lacking oxygen.
  • Oxygenated hemoglobin absorbs more infrared light and allows more red light to pass through.
  • Deoxygenated hemoglobin allows more infrared light to pass through and absorbs more red light.

I was thinking today that based on observing changes in my skin, for every hour in the HBOT chamber, you probably take one month off your age.
Winni from Zoy-Tech owes you an affiliate marketing fee or something, because that was the nudge I needed to read to finally move forward on buying one!

Put in the deposit on the 900mm diameter chamber + 10L compressor yesterday. $5800 + $1500 shipping. Will update y'all as things move along...

I'm just getting over some respiratory infection and started back on the HBOT this past week.
I also stayed away from the HBOT as I came down on Tuesday with a respiratory infection and stayed in bed with fever a couple of days. The fever had gone today and though there was some residual restriction in the bronchi, I decided to go for a normal 1 hour session and it went without any issue. I was keen to try it out and see if it mattered and also because I have a few days work in front of me so any help to get back to normal was desired.

I just found something "cheap" in Switzerland, Thun.
A 10er card for 399.- CHF. (400€) ... Since you need 60 to 120 sessions, the price must still go down a little ... And the way this guy looks, it could well happen.

His website

He is too far away for me - over 05h there and back.

Anyway, I'm very grateful for this thread - interested in reading your stories, suffering, marveling, and rejoicing with you ... and silently celebrating your successes.

Right now it looks like we can afford a hard chamber in March 2023 - well, we'll see.

I wish you all continued significant developments and successes.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I just found something "cheap" in Switzerland, Thun.
A 10er card for 399.- CHF. (400€) ... Since you need 60 to 120 sessions, the price must still go down a little ... And the way this guy looks, it could well happen.
I checked the site and it says that that each session takes 45 minutes, which might well include pressurizing and depressurizing. In which case it would amount to 30 minutes under pressure. It does not say what pressure it is, whether 1.3 or 1.5 atm, but in any case it is a soft-shell unit.
Good luck with your own exploration of acquiring a HBOT unit.

We've just encountered a problem with our Macy-Pan HBOT and that is the zipper separated when the pressure reaches 1.5 ATA.
Vana at Macy-Pan has said they will replace the chamber for free, but have asked us to pay for shipping. 300U$D.
So I have gone ahead and asked them to send the new chamber, which they say is being tested now to make sure there are no problems with it. So we are taking a Christmas break from the HBOT.

To this point I have done105 sessions, for a total of 57.5 pressure hours (so 115 actuals hours under pressure)
I seem to have noticed a benefit with short term memory. When I am looking for something for example, I am almost always able to recall where it is now. I think my lungs might be getting better, it is hard to tell with COPD as I still have phlegm, especially in the mornings with my first cigarette, but the rare shortness of breath I had in the past, is almost non-existent now.

Speaking about IR and HBOT... I was reading how oximeters work, and it's interesting that they are based on the principle that oxygenated blood absorbs more IR light than the blood lacking oxygen. So perhaps it is a good idea to combine the two therapies.
How does infrared light then affect the haemoglobin? Are the benefits of infrared therapy due to effects on haemoglobin?
If blood is not as fully oxygenated and the infrared passes through does this mean other tissues absorb it? Thus are the benefits due to this?

I tried a new session today but I couldn't even wait for the pressure to build up. the anxiety rose, I wanted to cry because I feel like I'm going into a coffin and I'm going to die... it's too hard for me, no matter what I do to calm down and fight, this confinement is too important, I'm sorry I can't continue with you and I feel terrible because with this plague 2.0 I tell myself that I have no chance to survive if I don't prepare my body, nor to be with you on the other side
Abats, I have been doing exercise with oxygen for 3 months since I do not have large enough space for a HBOT unit. It has amazing positive changes and worth doing. The concentrator is opened all the way up and I workout on a recombent bike for 2 hour in the morning and 2 in the late afternoon. I'm doing this protocol to improve my health before January 3rd. surgery. If you cannot overcome your anxiety at least you can still experience the health benefit of oxygen therapy. All the best.

How does infrared light then affect the haemoglobin? Are the benefits of infrared therapy due to effects on haemoglobin?
If blood is not as fully oxygenated and the infrared passes through does this mean other tissues absorb it? Thus are the benefits due to this?
The oximeters measure the amount of infrared light that passes through the body, not just the blood, so I don't think that you would see any benefit from low oxygen in the blood. The only explanation that I could find about the connection between infrared light and oxygen is that infrared allows the body to utilize more oxygen.

Near-IR radiation plays a dominant role in absorption of laser radiation by oxyhemoglobin in deeper layers of tissue blood vessels. The obtained data correlate with the processes of light propagation in biological tissue. The observed reduction in SpO2 indicates the process of photodissociation of HbO2 in vivo and may result in local increase in O2 in the tissue. Such laser-induced enrichment of tissue oxygenation can be used in phototherapy of pathologies, where the elimination of local tissue hypoxia is critical.

My little input about the new chamber: I don't like the big window. We are going to make a curtain for it with velcro tabs. Today, I just had Ark drape a blanket over it. It makes me feel like a monkey in a cage. And I don't need to see out since I don't feel claustrophobic inside. But some people might like it.

I was thinking today that based on observing changes in my skin, for every hour in the HBOT chamber, you probably take one month off your age.

As for varicose veins, keep in mind, the ones I have that are clearing up are small and all over my foot and ankle. The big one up higher on the leg does not seem to be making much change. I am taking some supplements for it and using a cream on it. If nothing else, I suspect that the blood vessel will be stronger and less likely to get worse.

Probably after New Year's, I'm going to add FAR IR sauna blanket two or three times a week after HBOT. That is also very good for varicose veins. Additionally, I think I might try doing our workout after HBOT to see if it is better than waiting until late in the afternoon.
@Laura , have you tried raw grated potato poultice on your varicose veins? It will draw out the old stuck blue blood by osmosis without breaking the skin , you can see the change in colour when it's working.

The oximeters measure the amount of infrared light that passes through the body, not just the blood, so I don't think that you would see any benefit from low oxygen in the blood. The only explanation that I could find about the connection between infrared light and oxygen is that infrared allows the body to utilize more oxygen.

So as I understand it, IR light helps the oxygen move from the blood into the tissues, and HBOTis also saturating the tissues with oxygen. So using HBOT after infrared treatment would super charge the tissues with oxygen as well as assisting the reoxygenation of the blood. I believe there are many other benefits to IR therapy.

@Laura , have you tried raw grated potato poultice on your varicose veins? It will draw out the old stuck blue blood by osmosis without breaking the skin , you can see the change in colour when it's working.

No, never heard of that therapy but am willing to try it.

Yes, I've heard of that way, too. If I may, I will share recipes for using raw potatoes to relieve symptoms. Forgive my translation, I am using automatic translation.

Potatoes should be used as compresses on the affected areas of the feet. In a liquid consistency, the vegetable penetrates the skin and works locally on the problem - nourishing and repairing damaged blood vessels.

Variant 1.
Clean and wash 5-6 medium-sized tubers.
Grate them on a grater to make a pulp.
Put the mush on your feet in a 1 cm layer, cover with polyethylene and wrap with gauze. You can use a bandage, wrapped around the legs in 5-6 layers.
After 3-4 hours rinse the mush with warm water.
To get the mush, you can also pass the potatoes through a meat grinder, use a blender or a food processor. The thing is that this recipe uses several tubers, so it will take a long time to grate them.

Variant 2
To soothe inflamed vessels and improve blood circulation in the legs will help the following way:
Squeeze the juice of potatoes and soak gauze in it.
Wrap the gauze around your legs and wrap an elastic bandage around it.
With such a compress you need to lie for 2 hours, then simply rinse your feet with running water.

There are other options, with honey, but these are the main ones. I really hope that this can help a little bit.

I cannot prove directly if my current immune system situation is part of the HBOT/Iodine detox/ diet.. but I will share.

I’m around 99 sessions and my wife and I decided to visit Chicago for the holidays. We stay with my in-laws.

Everyone in that home got/is horribly sick. Including the new borns.. One after the other. Seems like an upper (and sometimes lower respiratory infection, due to their coughing/wheezing.) Could be a virus, I’m not sure.

since I can’t take my chamber there, I decided to be especially mindful of what I am eating and highly avoid the tap waters here by all means necessary, besides the shower. Brought my iodine/vitamins/minerals.

Every time a new person got sick, I could feel my sinuses increase pressure slightly before going to sleep every time a new person got sick.

The next morning I would wake up, drink some salt water, go for a smoke, hack and spit out this disgusting dark brown glob and everything clears up, and I go on about my day.

It almost seems like the bodies immune system is doing what it’s “supposed” to do. And catching whatever is floating and mutating right at my sinuses and trapping it there. As if it is not allowing itself to get “Trojan horsed”. I felt so good I took a plunge in the frozen Lake Michigan for good measure 🤣

Before this, I would get sick EVERY YEAR. Bed ridden EVERY TIME.. I had horrible “seasonal allergies” all my life before changing my diet. Once I started these changes I’m no longer allergic to my dogs, and pollen doesn’t bother me. I’m crossing my fingers but the pestilence of this place can’t seem to phase me.

Is it HBOT+diet+detox? Perhaps yes perhaps no.. all I know is I know this year feels different. That’s for sure.

Now I just need to get these darn 12 amalgam Antennas out of my teeth 🦷

Yes, I've heard of that way, too. If I may, I will share recipes for using raw potatoes to relieve symptoms. Forgive my translation, I am using automatic translation.

Potatoes should be used as compresses on the affected areas of the feet. In a liquid consistency, the vegetable penetrates the skin and works locally on the problem - nourishing and repairing damaged blood vessels.

Variant 1.
Clean and wash 5-6 medium-sized tubers.
Grate them on a grater to make a pulp.
Put the mush on your feet in a 1 cm layer, cover with polyethylene and wrap with gauze. You can use a bandage, wrapped around the legs in 5-6 layers.
After 3-4 hours rinse the mush with warm water.
To get the mush, you can also pass the potatoes through a meat grinder, use a blender or a food processor. The thing is that this recipe uses several tubers, so it will take a long time to grate them.

Variant 2
To soothe inflamed vessels and improve blood circulation in the legs will help the following way:
Squeeze the juice of potatoes and soak gauze in it.
Wrap the gauze around your legs and wrap an elastic bandage around it.
With such a compress you need to lie for 2 hours, then simply rinse your feet with running water.

There are other options, with honey, but these are the main ones. I really hope that this can help a little bit.

Well, I'm going to try it. My grandmother put a raw potato poultice on a very bad case of poison ivy I had as a child and it was the only thing that gave me relief and started drying the nasty stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom