Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Laura said:
Immediately stop the

Even a pinch of paprika or chillie pepper (or any pepper other than black pepper), puts me in agony. I suspect it may be the same for many people.
I have noticed too that spices in a meal affect my sleep, adversely too.

I have noticed too that spices in a meal affect my sleep, adversely too.
That video was quite eye-opening! I knew about many of the foods he discusses, but not all of them..thank you for posting!!

After watching the video, I was also curious about what herbs and spices might be Ok to eat and which are the most inflammatory - found this one where she lists the most inflammatory and the least problematic. Of course, she mentions that everyone is different and she does not react to some that are on the 'bad' list. What surprised me is that turmeric is on the "NO" list as it is high in oxalates, yet almost every health guru pushes it as the 'holy grail' of spices.

Here's a very brief rundown of the worst offenders: chili powder/ flakes, curry powder, cumin seed, dill seed, fennel seed, cardamon, coriander seed, mustard seed and black pepper. Cumin has been one of my favorite spices and it is high in both oxalates and lectins. :-(. Also, cinnamon is high in oxalates as well. She does mention that in general, seeds are the worst offenders and the leafy herbs are less toxic.

I have noticed that I go through periods of sleeplessness alternating with excellent sleep and could never determine why..other than general stress levels, but am going to be much more cautious about herbs and spices from now on and eating fewer plants...if any!

I feel like I finally, after more than 100 hrs under pressure, have made a break through!
The main condition I was struggling with was a chronic invasive fungal infection in my para nasal sinus. Most likely present since I was a child and had some nasty ear infections and tonsillitis leading to emergency removal of these. I tried getting medical help but lead to nothing apart from a long series of blood tests with abnormal white cell counts and my doctor just saying that’s just you it looks like.

I knew it was a fungal infection as about ten years ago I ejected a fungal ball after doing intensive exercises for a swallowing disorder on the left side of my face. The trigeminal nerve often is affected with fungal infections of the sphenoid sinus. And so I have had a feeling of muscles and my whole cranial system being locked up on that side. Being very apparent when I would receive osteopathic treatment for it.

Anyway for more than a decade every night when I have difficulty getting to sleep I have been doing visualisation exercises ((really every night for hours on end) to expand my palate, straighten my teeth, and correct the imbalance in my cranial bone and connective tissues structures. I have achieved a phenomenal amount of correction with this but the sticky dry feeling behind my eyes and in the back of my throat just would not go away.

I had knocked it back after ejecting the fungal ball and then treating it with really strong herbal prescription. Then with the hyperbaric chamber it slowly started to change more. After about 30 hrs one day my sinuses felt very raw and started bleeding a very small amount as small pieces of yellow crust loosened. Still very slow but definite progress followed. I started recently nebulising sodium bicarbonate and that had helped also.

Then for the past ten days I have been doing the warrior angel of light healing meditation and that feels like it’s helped.
With these improvements it felt very definite that the problem was an infection and not just me being a tired depressed person. As these headaches and fatigue in behind my eyes had been with me as long as I can remember.

Finally today I feel like it’s really getting on top of it now. I’m still in the chamber most days of the week and will take a break after end of this week. The headaches and fatigue in my eyes and head are lessening and I’m starting to feel alert. I feel like there is hope and I don’t have to fight to get through my days without falling asleep. It feels like a miracle is happening now because I’ve been working for years and years to be healthy and happy and maybe now it’s possible!

@Alana Thank you for sharing your experience, as I was reading the thread I had the feeling that I was almost alone in this kind of difficulty and that there was an underlying problem that I had not dealt with before. With what you said, it makes me not want to give up again but I will not start again immediately. I'm going to try again and again, until I get rid of this feeling but I really live it as a torture
Hi @Abats - just wondering how you are getting on?

I have been doing visualisation exercises ((really every night for hours on end) to expand my palate, straighten my teeth, and correct the imbalance in my cranial bone and connective tissues structures. I have achieved a phenomenal amount of correction with this but the sticky dry feeling behind my eyes and in the back of my throat just would not go away.
If you're interested the work of Mike Mew can help with expanding the palate. He has some tongue, chewing and walking/posture exercises. So far (a few months) it's improved my ability to breathe through my nose when exercising.

Abats, I have been doing exercise with oxygen for 3 months since I do not have large enough space for a HBOT unit. It has amazing positive changes and worth doing. The concentrator is opened all the way up and I workout on a recombent bike for 2 hour in the morning and 2 in the late afternoon. I'm doing this protocol to improve my health before January 3rd. surgery. If you cannot overcome your anxiety at least you can still experience the health benefit of oxygen therapy. All the best.

Hi @Abats - just wondering how you are getting on?

If you're interested the work of Mike Mew can help with expanding the palate. He has some tongue, chewing and walking/posture exercises. So far (a few months) it's improved my ability to breathe through my nose when exercising.

Thank you for the suggestion and for trying to help me. I was about to add a comment on my journey with the HBOT.
I managed to overcome my anxiety and the feeling of claustrophobia, it came from trying and changing my mindset inside the chamber + focusing on the movies or series I was putting on my tablet. Another thing I noticed is that I feel better inside when there is no light! (to my great surprise) I was afraid of the complete darkness at first and now it's the opposite, I appreciate it! Another point, I can stay 2 hours inside without any problem and I added a small blanket to try to take a nap inside the chamber.

I did 22 hours in the chamber and since the 13th, I have a great feeling of tiredness, in the morning it is difficult to get up and during the day my energy oscillates, however I manage to do my workout at the end of the afternoon, I do activities in a more "relaxed" way like reading, writing, it is more difficult on the other hand when that requires to be very concentrated but considering what the others say on the forum, that will come back once the tiredness is over.

I mention it now too but I have periodontitis, this is due to the development of anaerobic bacteria inside the gums, It makes me lose bone in my jaws and my gums bleed. I normally have to undergo a treatment called "root planing" to stop the progress of the periodontitis. As the HBOT destroys bad bacteria/viruses etc... I wonder if it could have an influence on this little health problem. I will keep you informed !

Thanks for mentioning this RedFox, I’ve been doing mewing and many many of these types of exercises in my daily living and workouts for over a decade so not just the visualisations. Yes I also have dramatically changed the structure in facial bones, for example I have completely eliminated a cross bite as well as gained ability to freely breathe through my nose. For years, I have also done facial muscle exercises, breathing exercises, singing coaching to learn how to lift the upper palate. Also Kum Nye yoga and weight training to correct the spinal scoliosis that was resultant from my twisted sphenoid bone. I have corrected a twisted pelvis and leg length discrepancy. The last osteopathic assessment I had, my spine was straight no scoliosis. The deformity was congenital and I suspect that the distortion in my cranial bones resulted in a trapping in a pocket of the sphenoid sinus somehow the original bacterial and then fungal infection—it couldn’t clear. That then may have caused damage to the trigeminal nerve as I was growing up.
Anyway, perhaps the info will help someone else.

I feel like I finally, after more than 100 hrs under pressure, have made a break through!
The main condition I was struggling with was a chronic invasive fungal infection in my para nasal sinus. Most likely present since I was a child and had some nasty ear infections and tonsillitis leading to emergency removal of these. I tried getting medical help but lead to nothing apart from a long series of blood tests with abnormal white cell counts and my doctor just saying that’s just you it looks like.
Great news! I'm glad for you :hug2:

I mention it now too but I have periodontitis, this is due to the development of anaerobic bacteria inside the gums, It makes me lose bone in my jaws and my gums bleed. I normally have to undergo a treatment called "root planing" to stop the progress of the periodontitis. As the HBOT destroys bad bacteria/viruses etc... I wonder if it could have an influence on this little health problem. I will keep you informed !

I'm currently experimenting with coconut oil pulling every morning for 20 mins before breakfast. My mouth chemistry has a high tendency towards calculus buildup, which is my main concern. The coconut oil is said to bind to the bacteria in the mouth, and when you swish the oil around for 20 mins, then spit it out afterwards, you're clearing a large portion of the overnight bacterial load. Might be worth a try in your case!

And also - glad to hear you're enjoying the chamber now!

Thank you for the suggestion and for trying to help me. I was about to add a comment on my journey with the HBOT.
I managed to overcome my anxiety and the feeling of claustrophobia, it came from trying and changing my mindset inside the chamber + focusing on the movies or series I was putting on my tablet. Another thing I noticed is that I feel better inside when there is no light! (to my great surprise) I was afraid of the complete darkness at first and now it's the opposite, I appreciate it! Another point, I can stay 2 hours inside without any problem and I added a small blanket to try to take a nap inside the chamber.

I did 22 hours in the chamber and since the 13th, I have a great feeling of tiredness, in the morning it is difficult to get up and during the day my energy oscillates, however I manage to do my workout at the end of the afternoon, I do activities in a more "relaxed" way like reading, writing, it is more difficult on the other hand when that requires to be very concentrated but considering what the others say on the forum, that will come back once the tiredness is over.

More or less everyone knows what sodium bicarbonate is and its possible applications.

When I read that baking soda is completely alkaline and bacteria thrive better in an acidic environment, I thought it would be a good solution for dental problems.

This could be the knowledge, but..., how would the application of this knowledge be?

Well, what I do is "smear" all the molars and lower teeth in baking soda and leave it there.

Do not chew or swallow it.

In this way, very, very slowly, the bicarbonate mixes with the saliva creating an alkaline saliva, the effect lasting up to more than an hour.

If an area of the teeth presents more problems, I put more baking soda in that area.

I have stopped cavity pain and stopped cavity activity completely.

Something that I do daily in my oral hygiene, in case it helps you.

I knew it was a fungal infection as about ten years ago I ejected a fungal ball after doing intensive exercises for a swallowing disorder on the left side of my face.
I had similar case many years ago. Last year I visited a doctor to explore my sinus problems and I told her about that case. She said that it's unlikely that I have/had fungus infection because my ejected ball was white while from her experience it's always something dark. What was the color of the ball you ejected?

I had similar case many years ago. Last year I visited a doctor to explore my sinus problems and I told her about that case. She said that it's unlikely that I have/had fungus infection because my ejected ball was white while from her experience it's always something dark. What was the color of the ball you ejected?
It was at night and so I didn’t see the colour, however the mucus that it had produced over the years has Ben very yellow and as I understand it this is indicative of a fungal infection. Also it’s never responded to antibiotics and the bicarbonate soda nebulisation affected it immediately.

I think many of our experiences with the hyperbaric chamber highlights that it is an adjunctive therapy and so it’s very important to pursue corrective diet, exercise, habits, personalised supplementation etc also. With this what the hyperbaric does is help push you towards complete resolution of health problems.

It's usually all white. Sometimes it's white+grey or black areas on it, and sometimes all greyish/black. It's confined in the sinus. It can't exit from the sinus, so I'm curious, gottathink: how did you succeed to remove it from the sinus?

Congrats, Abats, for overcoming that claustrophobia!

Yes you're right, oxygen is efficient in eliminating anaerobic bacteria. What you can do is detach the tubing from the mask, pass the tip directly on the teeth/gums for a few minutes. Then put the nozzle back on the mask for breathing and repeat as many times as you like.
Also: before going in the chamber: mouthwash with diluted hydrogen peroxide (eau oxygénée).

It was at night and so I didn’t see the colour, however the mucus that it had produced over the years has Ben very yellow and as I understand it this is indicative of a fungal infection. Also it’s never responded to antibiotics and the bicarbonate soda nebulisation affected it immediately.
Sounds familiar. I started to eject "toxic" yellow mucus last spring right after HBOT sessions at 2 ATA at a local clinic. Never seen anything like it before.

Back
Top Bottom