Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Another question on Dr. William Maxfield. He is quoted on a website as follows:

Dr Willam Maxfield, co-founder of the American Board of Hyperbaric Medicine states that if you overdo HBOT treatments, you can plateau and start to revert back to where you were in the beginning.
Source: HBOT- Rejuvenation & Healthspan Optimisation using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?

So far I could not find his original statement. Maybe it is in his book on HBOT "The Oxygen Cure" - A complete guide to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Does anybody have it or does anybody know of this quote of his?

Another question on Dr. William Maxfield. He is quoted on a website as follows:

Dr Willam Maxfield, co-founder of the American Board of Hyperbaric Medicine states that if you overdo HBOT treatments, you can plateau and start to revert back to where you were in the beginning.
Source: HBOT- Rejuvenation & Healthspan Optimisation using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?

So far I could not find his original statement. Maybe it is in his book on HBOT "The Oxygen Cure" - A complete guide to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Does anybody have it or does anybody know of this quote of his?
Hello,
I read the article and found it very good, a good summary, or a good introduction/overview of the subject. The sentence from W. Maxfield in the article is almost the lone ... let's say "negative" statement about HBOT, but if you read the whole article it's clearly demonstrating that HBOT has almost only positive results. I was even so much enjoyed by this well-fitted article that made a PDF from it and translated it to french. In case some would be interrested i attached the 2 PDF, english and french ones, note that the translation was done using deepl which allows to translate full documents.

My comment about this statement is that it looks ... false, illogical. A simple example is for instance if you change your diet, let's say you go from an average diet of common people to a keto one, and that you see many various improvments of your health, would you ever imagine that if you continue with following this keto diet it would then worsen your health at a certain moment ? It's a bit nonsense, so i would say : forget about, it's similar to the attempt to discredit the colloidal silver by showing almost the unique example in the world of a guy whose skin was becoming blue because he drank too much of (bad) colloidal silver ... to me i would summarize by the well know Star Trek sentence : "it's a trap" (for the ones who have hard to take decisions)

Attachments

• ArticleAnglais2021_Site_brucebarclay fr.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ArticleAnglais2021_Site_brucebarclay.pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 2
The most noticeable result was a red spot on the skin which had persisted 3 months without changing. It looked a bit like a bite and initially I thought it could be a tick bite, but it wasn't expanding or round. After 2 months, the skin started to become brittle and blister like, which meant it was easy to scratch. After 3 month it was bloody from being scratched and this is when I started the HBOT. After a couple of sessions it changed, started healing and today it has gone completely and with normal skin covering it. I have to say that I am pretty happy about it, as I thought of the need to take blood test and possibly having antibiotics.

A small update. Done 60 sessions and I have been very positively surprised.

• My right foot, where I have small blisters appearing for the last 5+ years is clear of blisters. I had thought it was just my body's way of detoxing by getting blisters, but now they are gone.
  • Right knee pain, likely arthritic in nature has no longer pain. I used to fix it by daily taking rosehip and ginger powder, which worked to 'cure' the symptoms, but now it appears as if that has cleared up completely. At least for now.
  • I have the last few years needed to clear my throat a lot, as if mucus was stuck there. That disappeared after just a few sessions.
  • A small slightly dark spot, raised like a mosquito bite has appeared on the exact spot where I broke my left femur in 1978. Since I broke the leg, this part of the leg has always become numb whenever having a massage or done breathwork like EE. It is as if the energy gets stuck there along the meridians, possibly due to some nerves being pinched/damaged at the time. This is the most interesting to observe, though I can't tell if anything will change. I imagine that the spot with time could develop like a boil and clear but too early to say. It happened 10-15 sessions ago and the spot is still there.
  • A few other things appear to have changed but too early to say anything conclusive.

Hello,
I read the article and found it very good, a good summary, or a good introduction/overview of the subject. The sentence from W. Maxfield in the article is almost the lone ... let's say "negative" statement about HBOT, but if you read the whole article it's clearly demonstrating that HBOT has almost only positive results. I was even so much enjoyed by this well-fitted article that made a PDF from it and translated it to french. In case some would be interrested i attached the 2 PDF, english and french ones, note that the translation was done using deepl which allows to translate full documents.

Another article that I think is well written is this one:

A quick update - 82 hours in. Would have been about 90 by now but have been feeling extra tired so have been going lighter on the session.
I've split the sessions into 30 minute dives (10 minute pressurization, 30 minutes at full pressure, 40 mins in total), so as to be better able to fit them into the day. I can do one at lunch and just after work, or one in the morning first thing then another at lunch etc.
I figured that it may also give extra benefit based on the idea of removing the mask at about 30 minutes.
Things that I have noticed:
Firstly - doing a session about 15 minutes after eating has really helped my digestion! If you have trouble digesting or absorbing food, give it a go. A few important notes of caution - if you are not use to it/have eaten too much/have fat digestion issues, you may feel nauseous. So only eat something small and build up to what is comfortable.
The HBOT seems to help you absorb food/water/supplements much more efficiently. On that note, always make sure you are getting extra water and magnesium/potassium/vitamin C throughout the day - or you may develop constipation.
Incidentally my bowel tolerance for magnesium/vitamin C has gone up considerably.

Secondly - after the 60 hour/session mark, I started noticing that the skin on the back of my hands and face started appearing much younger.

General cognitive function appears to continue improving, and HBOT is quite remarkable for faster exercise recovery.

Hello,

There is an error in Barclay's article.
Chapter 6) ....."And making sure you comply with safety protocols eg nothing that can cause a spark, as oxygen is highly flammable."
Oxygen is not flammable, as we recently learned from @Pierre.

It is not the first time that I read or heard this(Youtube). Somehow these HBOT professionals like to be afraid of burning oxygen.

Finally, after waiting for more than 3 months, the hard-chamber arrived!

Riley Zhou from Macy Pan did a great job dealing the French transportation company and the French customs. The HBOT stayed more than 5 weeks in Marseilles!

I will spare you the details of the setup since I was so excited that I forgot to shoot pictures and the process is quite similar to the soft-shell anyway.

Here is the HBOT fully assembled in what should be its final location:

IMG_20221220_144709.jpg

A picture of the beefy compressor which reach 2 ATA in about 10 min (vs. 8 min to reach 1.5 ATA for the soft-shell):

IMG_20221220_144810.jpg

Unlike the soft shell that is equipped with an air dried this new HBOT comes with a proper A/C unit:

IMG_20221220_144732.jpg

The oxygen concentrator is pretty similar to the old one but it's connected to the compressor to increase the O2 pressure:

IMG_20221220_144750.jpg

The control panel displays the inside pressure, relative humidity, O2 concentration within the chamber and the temperature in the chamber. It also has a timer (on the left) and 2 on/off buttons and an intercom! :

IMG_20221220_144615.jpg

There are many wires and hoses but the assembly is pretty straightforwards so much that we didn't need the user manual:

IMG_20221220_144831.jpg

The inside control panel which allows to control from within the chamber. Notice the intercom on the left:

IMG_20221220_144854.jpg

The inside condenser (A/C unit) which doesn't any noise:

IMG_20221220_144902.jpg

Pros
- No feeling of claustrophobia
- You don't need a helper
- Silence
- quality built
- ease of assembly and use
- delay to reach target pressure
- natural light
- real A/C
- inside light
- pressure.hours X2
- control from within the chamber

Cons
- bulky slider
- price
- weight
- footprint

Our contact for the soft-shell and the hard-shell has been Riley Zhou, she speaks very good English. She is kind, proactive, honest and competent.

Mobile/Whatsapp:+86-18017021667
Email: sales@macy-pan.com
Address: Shanghai Baobang Medical Equipment Co., Ltd Bld.15, No.889, Guinan Rd., Songjiang Dc., Shanghai, China 201617.
Web: https://www.macypanhbot.com I MacyPan Hyperbaric

Last edited:
I’m over 60 sessions now in the HBOT, usually a session is 70 to 75 min. counting the time for pressurisation and depressurisation. The only negative reaction was joint pain, first in my left elbow that I treated with plasma water and then same reaction on my right hand after I stopped the plasma after a few week so I treated the same way and it was gone rapidly. I kept taking the water for a few more weeks just to prevent any set back and now no more plasma since 3 to 4 weeks and no more pain in my joint reappeared.

Most often I will meditate during a session, doing the healing session often since available or sending healing to member of the forum with health problem. As well I started this week to meditate holding my crystal to energise it and enhance our connection and the connection to the other crystal within the fellowship.

I didn’t felt a lowering of my energy in the first 30 session but I feel more energise now during exercise and recuperation is quicker. Was surprise when I started swimming training again after more than 25 years with how fast I was progressing? I usually do a HBOT session before going to the pool.

Thank everyone who share their experience with the HBOT, I encourage everyone to persevere as the therapy prove to be really helpful.

Just a short update about our progress with HBOT. Me and @Keit have had 30 sessions now in a soft shell chamber. We are having 1-hour sessions 5 days per week at 1.3 ATA with a 10 lpm oxygen concentrator. No masks in there, we are just breathing oxygen from the tube inside the chamber.

In my case, I notice a number of slow but steady health improvements. My sinuses have finally cleared up after about 20 sessions. My skin has become more smooth and clear. I feel much less pain and inflammation in some parts of my body. I feel more energized in general and more calm and focused.

Tomorrow we are starting our second round of 30 sessions - the HBOT saloon owners have kindly agreed to our request for 60 sessions in total, although they never provided so many sessions to anyone before.

My little input about the new chamber: I don't like the big window. We are going to make a curtain for it with velcro tabs. Today, I just had Ark drape a blanket over it. It makes me feel like a monkey in a cage. And I don't need to see out since I don't feel claustrophobic inside. But some people might like it.

I was thinking today that based on observing changes in my skin, for every hour in the HBOT chamber, you probably take one month off your age.

As for varicose veins, keep in mind, the ones I have that are clearing up are small and all over my foot and ankle. The big one up higher on the leg does not seem to be making much change. I am taking some supplements for it and using a cream on it. If nothing else, I suspect that the blood vessel will be stronger and less likely to get worse.

Probably after New Year's, I'm going to add FAR IR sauna blanket two or three times a week after HBOT. That is also very good for varicose veins. Additionally, I think I might try doing our workout after HBOT to see if it is better than waiting until late in the afternoon.

I'm just getting over some respiratory infection and started back on the HBOT this past week. Yesterday, I had some signs of TMJ upon waking, and then this morning during the first ten minutes of my HBOT session, I felt dozens of these strong and very uncomfortable micro-cramps all throughout my head. Following that my jaw began to release! It is just about back to normal now. I suspect the infection may have boosted some existing bacteria or virus or something else that the HBOT then basically began 'forcing out' which was expressed in the tightening of the jaw. Then, perhaps, this last session just zapped it all out. Maybe there was something completely different happening, but that is my best guess!

I just finished my 100th session in my 1.5 bar Macy-Pan chamber with 1 hour dives and 5 minutes off of oxygen. I use the chamber 5 days a week.
Most notable benefits are increased energy and mental focus with short and long term memory improvements.
Like some of you reported, I too experience random life memories coming to surface, mostly in the course of a day after treatment. Probably brain "rewiring" itself.
I felt very energized until the 30th session and then extraordinarly tired with countinual improvement until my 80th session and maybe even untill now.
I sleep deeper with better dream recollection and recover faster after exercising. My posture is better.
I still continue to see improvements and planing to use the chamber untill 200 dives.
As things stand now, even if I stop seeing improvements I would be extremely happy if the benefits stay long-term. Even more so with less frequent sessions. This would be exactly my main motivation for buying the chamber. But, I have a feeling this is not the end and I will still see progress.

Tomorrow we are starting our second round of 30 sessions - the HBOT saloon owners have kindly agreed to our request for 60 sessions in total, although they never provided so many sessions to anyone before.
This is a real shame because with so little sessions and with "only" 1.3 ATA people with bigger problems have little chance of understanding the true power of HBOT.

Back
Top Bottom