Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Thanks for the information Nathan, that is really useful. I was actually starting to come to the conclusion (in a round about way) that I needed to at least start healing my guts at the same time as taking on the candia, if not before.
It may be useful for you to have a look at the Ultra Simple diet thread, specifically the discussion of putting cinnamon in the shake
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13241.msg99859#msg99859
I tried it (put probably a bit too much in) and got quite a large die off reaction, so if your having the shake in the mornings then try a bit of cinnamon too as it may help keep the yeast in check.
I did research cinnamon and candida and there does appear to be some literature supporting its ability to kill of candida. It also makes the shakes taste great (I love the taste anyway, but it kind of makes then taste creamy).

_http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-cinnamon.html
Kill many disease-causing fungi and viruses:

Preliminary results from test tube and animal studies suggest that cinnamon oil and cinnamon extract have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitic properties. For example, cinnamon has been found to be active against Candida albicans, the fungus responsible for vaginal yeast infections and thrush (oral yeast infection), Helicobacter pylori (the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers), and even head lice.

An incredible experiment in the journal of Food Science for 1974 demonstrated the power of cinnamon over most yeasts and fungi. Slices of white, raisin, rye and whole wheat breads, manufactured without the usual mold inhibitors, were subjected to various aflatoxins, a group of toxic molds so dangerous that they can cause liver cancer and kill humans and animals alike and often occur in food. The toxic molds grew vigorously on all of the other breads, except for the raisin bread where growth was described as being "scant or not visible at all." In trying to identify whether it was the raisins or cinnamon responsible for this, food scientists discovered that as little as 2% or 20 mg. of the spice per ml of a yeast-extract and sucrose broth inhibited 97 -99 per cent of these molds.

Well I do not think that only detox dieting helps for itself, it is definitely important to work out and _http://www.detoxdietz.com/detox-diet-plan get yourself in shape. Starving and speaking off from alcohol and sugar and so on, is not the only thing that isd important when it comes to detoxing. It is necessary to work out and train and drink a lot of water.

Hi Gelmarion,

As you're new here, it'd be nice if you could introduce yourself in the Newbies section, as suggested by Redfox. So that we'll know a bit where you're coming from, how you found us, that sort of thing :)
Thank you.

Hi guys,

I am searching for a good Multivitamin or B-complex, there are so MANY out there and there are a few that I found here on the forum, such as this one:
_http://www.drrind.com/therapies/adrenal-support-recommendation-sheet

Not sure though if they ship to Europe and how much the shipping would cost. It's also a bit expensive imo.

So I'm wondering which multivitamin you guys use and from where you buy it? Thank you.

Hi all, I plan to start detoxing as soon as I can. I bought Detoxify or Die and Ultramind Solution is on the way. I want to be prepared for a possible unfortunate mandatory vaccine in the future. For now I'm going to read "DoD", but I want to start taking the supplements soon, and later maybe get an infrared sauna.

I was wondering if the detox plan detailed on this thread is the one to go with, starting with the morning shake and the supplements at bedtime. I ask because it looks like there's a little variation here in the heavy metals detox thread: _http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7765.msg74948#msg74948. I'd think this would be the more accurate thread because it has more posts, but the heavy metals and mercury detox thread has the plan posted at a later date.

Also, do you have to be careful about what's in supplements as well? I was looking at a multivitamin and it had some -ose's (sugar) as well as soy.

I've been following the diet pretty closely so I just need to get into the detoxing action with supplements and I think I'll be set.

To 3D Student (an to all):

I recommend that you play and take care with content details. I find disgusting that a lot of brands do not tell with precise detail the composition. A shop owner told me in Spain is strictly forbidden because complements are not pharmaceutical products. And must no be used for self-medicating. To avoid this kind of practice it is forbidden to label the contents.

I researched until I found one brand that is correct: _http://bonusan.nl
You can use _http://translate.google.com to create a Web version in English.

I comment this because I found Soy in 2-3 products. Sometimes impossible to obtain this information for the vendor/brand.

My tiny experience summary:
I usually cannot breath normally using my nose. But now I can, and it is a very good detector, if my body reacts ... something bad happened. I revise what I ate on the past 12 hours.

Good experience: my combo "Glutathion + Alpha Lipoic Acid" rules for me! About 100mg+200mg up to 2-3 times day.

Bad experience: in the morning I sometimes cannot breath, and I ate nothing for the last 14 hours. I suspect that my Vitamin E-1000 (Soy based) is the cause. I'm looking forward to test alternative antioxidants such as a White Tea pill.

Heh mild warning to all dieters. Over the turkey holiday I relaxed (or rather completed disregarded) my normal diet so I could partake of my mom's stuffing and pies and a bunch of other tasty things I normally don't eat. It was a pretty big mistake. I got all sorts of inflammation at the moment. It's manifesting as an immune reaction, but since I don't have a fever (and in general it feels different from when I get sick) I'm blaming the food.

Prior to turkey-day I had avoided any processed sugar/bread goods completely for about a year now, or only had them in small amounts. It seems the overabundance of said bread-based yummies completely disagreed with my system, and it definitely gave me an experience to remember come xmas. I'm quite foggy-headed, sore all over, sore throat, sniffles, and woke up this morning partially convinced I was still dreaming.

Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was tempted to do the same or will be come the dec holiday season.

Hi 3D Student
I was wondering if the detox plan detailed on this thread is the one to go with, starting with the morning shake and the supplements at bedtime. I ask because it looks like there's a little variation here in the heavy metals detox thread: _http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7765.msg74948#msg74948. I'd think this would be the more accurate thread because it has more posts, but the heavy metals and mercury detox thread has the plan posted at a later date.

I started off with the detox supplements suggested in the Detoxify or Die book, and then followed the detox plan that you quote above, then started introducing new/old foods back, before moving on to the anti-candida detox, and now I'm doing a diet, and taking supplements to overcome Adrenal Fatigue.

In searching for supplements, it is amazing to find how many include either soya or/and sunflower oil.

Trevrizent said:
I started off with the detox supplements suggested in the Detoxify or Die book, and then followed the detox plan that you quote above, then started introducing new/old foods back, before moving on to the anti-candida detox, and now I'm doing a diet, and taking supplements to overcome Adrenal Fatigue.

I think I'm doing a combined version of the earlier detox post and the new one. Also I'm avoiding the candida foods so I'm doing that too. I guess I might test foods after the detox is over, and maybe move to the ultra simple diet.

Trevrizent said:
In searching for supplements, it is amazing to find how many include either soya or/and sunflower oil.

Yeah, but brands like Now Foods and Swanson Health Products seem to be pretty good about additives. I know about soy, but are you avoiding sunflower oil because it's an omega-6?

Hi 3D Student

... are you avoiding sunflower oil because it's an omega-6?

Partly for that reason, partly because of blood type, and mainly because of the high probability of GM contamination.

My experience with the diet: I've been pretty strict for five months now and doing the breathing program at the same time. It took only about three to four days to get over coffee. Not eating sugar was easy. My staples are berries and supplements in the morning, homemade (of course) turkey and bean soup with vegetables for lunch, and brown rice with beans/greens/a little chicken for dinner. I have no problem eating the same stuff every day.

I've had maybe half a cup of coffee here and there since July and it gives me an upset stomach and headache. Same with sugar. Someone from my office went to Europe and came back with big, beautiful chocolates. I ate one and got dizzy and a headache for at least half an hour. Not worth it. I tried a modest amount of the desserts at Thanksgiving and was overwhelmed by their sickly sweetness, which wouldn't have daunted me at all before changing diet -- it just wasn't good or satisfying -- they are no longer "treats" -- maybe suggesting that attributing those qualities to sweet things is, at least partly, learned/psychological.

Generally, I feel much better on average. I don't feel like I'm on the verge of getting a cold like I always used to this time of year. Also, significantly for those who struggle with weight, I lost 7 pounds in the first two months (and I'm not overweight nor have I ever been), which has stayed off regardless of eating as much as I want. I'm not much heavier than my college weight now. I also had my every-three-years-or-so physical recently and my blood pressure, which was always on the low end, is even lower, though still "normal."

I've also suffered with back pain for decades and it has been virtually gone all year. Since that started before the diet and breathing and because a lot of it comes from being very careful, I can't say there's a relationship, but normally I would have had some kind of relapse in that time.

Laura said:
[
Next, the infrared sauna: Depending on how fast you want to detox and how ill you are, will determine how often you schedule your sauna treatment. I did it every single day for an entire month. Now I do it three or four times a week and often alternate with gym workouts.

For anybody who is really in a bad way, worry not, the infrared sauna has been used on people who were expected to die within days just to make them feel a bit better and, interestingly, they lived and got better. So, you can't be so weak and disabled that you can't use this therapy! Just start slow and easy and raise the temp and time gradually.

Okay, so here's what you take before and after your sauna:

Before Sauna or Gym Work-out

50 – 100 mg niacin
1 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength of product which varies)
2 calcium
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium

After Sauna or Gym Work Out

Vitamin C
Lipoic Acid
Glutathione
Potassium

Hopefully, you will do your sauna in the early to mid-afternoon which is when I usually do mine so that your supplements will have time to go to work before you take the bedtime batch:
I was doing sauna for a while once or twice a week with vitamins before and after . I didn't consider the option of taking vitamins before Gym workout and after Gym work out. I do have gym at my apartment complex and even at office. so doing gym during other days is good way. I do run on thread mill once or twice a week for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for burning 200 cal to 300 cal that's it.

How long ( what ever other criteria to be effective ) one needs to do the Gym work out to a reasonably equivalent for the detoxing purpose?. What types of gym exercises are good?. generally I do medium speed running for a hilly terrain mode, which is decent for sweating for some time. is Sweating is the good meausure ? . amount of sweating is the good measure ?

I will ask our office gym trainer for guidelines, but I was suspecting of his orientation towards body building and like that.

Today marks eight weeks that I've been on the diet. The first four were just the diet, detox shake, and supplements. Then half way through I added the sauna 5 times a week. So I have four weeks of sauna time in too. I can remember at first when I started doing the supplements and shake that I was very fatigued. The same with the sauna initially, I think I overdid it the first time. But I seem to have stabilized and am not fatigued anymore. I've also been on a long holiday break which has helped for relaxing.

I've come to enjoy most of the detox foods, especially beans and rice. But the detox shake I would sometimes shudder thinking about taking, it was just really nasty and sour. Baking soda helped to take the harshness out of the ascorbic acid. I have been taking 5-htp and it seems to have definitely helped. One day at work I think I was too happy, even blissful, but I felt it wear off after a few hours.

I have a lot of supplements left over too. But I've heard Psyche say on a few occasions that the vitamins, minerals, magnesium, etc. are good to take always. So I guess I'll just continue with the diet, maybe buy the Ultra Simple Diet and start food testing. I think I might have a minor candida issue too, I sometimes crave sugar and carbs. So, all in all, it wasn't a bad experience, and I understand that detox is a long, multi-year process. I will continue regular saunas too, I often fall asleep in it because it's so relaxing. Well that's about it, I guess I might put away the detox shake in exchange for the rice protein shake. :P

I treated myself to an Infared sauna blanket for Christmas. I have used it about 6 times and I am still not sweating very mcuh. I seem to remember Laura didn't start sweating right away. I intend to continue to use it about an hour a day until I start seeing some results.

anya said:
I treated myself to an Infared sauna blanket for Christmas. I have used it about 6 times and I am still not sweating very mcuh. I seem to remember Laura didn't start sweating right away. I intend to continue to use it about an hour a day until I start seeing some results.

Congratulations! The FIR-blanket must surely be the best buy I ever made.

The tolerance for people in the FIR is very individual, but if you're going to use it as intensely as you wrote, I would strongly advice to check for any symptoms after using it, e.g. vertigo, extreme tiredness, head aches. Even if the FIR is a extremely healthy gadget it can, in my experience be dangerous if used too "heavy duty", especially in the beginning. Remember, that you DON'T have to be sweating to get the many benefits of the FIR. Amongst other things it kick starts your detox system in your body; if too much stuff gets "on the go" too fast the body can't handle it-hence the nasty side effects. I once created a pretty dangerous situation because of "heavy duty" FIR-usage: A few hours after using it (that's usually the time when the side effects kick in, if they do) I got so extremely tired, that I almost fell asleep while driving!

Back
Top Bottom