Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

Thank you Nienna for your comment (I see that you became a Supermoderator, congrats! :D)

(De)sensitization, another word added to my vocabulary. Thank you Psyche, that is very interesting and makes a lot of sense to me.

hello friends :)
i havent read "detoxify or die" or related books .i will, but right now i dont have any. i need a favour from those who know about detoxification - in the manner which articles are "approved". you see i am going to gym for about one and a half year now and all the time i eat the same things in the same order every day(exceptions are rare even on holidays). i cook my own food besides my mothers cooking. i am no inventive cook.the food has more-less bad taste beacuse i dont bother with preparation. i eat thing more less raw.

so i am now gonna write my diet.it is high in carbs due to my high demands for energy- i train 4 times a week sistematicaly-all the muscle groups. measures are in grams(g).

1. Breakfast
- oat (130g)
- protein powder (25g) - from Scitec Nutrition
- fruit apple, banana, any fruit i have
- "daily formula" - from Universal Nutrition
- 500 mg calcium
- one omega 3 capsule (1g omega 3)

2.Meal
- oat(130g)
- fresh sheese from cow milk - i make it on my own-with almost no fat (100g)
- canned tuna fish (100g)
- available vegetable - mostly cabbage and "green stuff" -raw

3. Meal
- brown rice (90g)
- poultry meat- chicken cheast- (200g) - fried
- veggies

4. Meal
- whole grain pasta (90g)
- chicken liver (200g)
-veggies

5.Dinner
- fresh cheese that i metnoied before (250g)
- 1tbsp - a big one- of flax seed oil - thats aproximately 10-12g
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (10-12g)
- nuts - brazilian nuts, walnut (25-30g)
- 250mg Mg
- 30 mg Zn
- 3 omega 3 caps (3g of omega 3 oil)
- 1g vitamin c - in powder

my post workout meal(pwm): water, 40 g of protein from scitec, 60 g glucose as (german: Traubenzuker) - sugar from raisin(dried grapes)

i dont know how much water i drink but it is a big amount. 4-5 liter least
those carbs: oat, rice and pasta - i just put them in a blender -blend it- add water- add wheat husk(hull in botany- has plenty of fiber) - blend - drink - it has a bad taste just in the beginning but now i like it
liver, poultry meat - i frie them on weak fire
veggies an d fruit - i eat them as they are
i am looking forward to get some spirulina

i would appreciate if someone who knows which are "bad" just to underline them. i susspect : canned tuna, protein powder.

thank you very much from capt.picard ;)

Tuna has mercury, you should limit it. Protein powder is good, but you'll have to read all the ingredients to make sure it is friendly: wheat, dairy, yeast free.

Wheat husk? If its wheat, is not good for detox. Also, all dairy is not good for detox either. Whole grain pasta is not good either (because of the wheat), unless it is wheat free, for example rice pasta.

Also, you should be eating more fresh foods. For example, instead of having 60 grams of raisin sugar which should be devoid of nutrients, you could eat more fruits which will have fiber and enzymes that will help you with your digestion.

You could have more magnesium (around 750mg per day, if tolerated) and more vitamin C as well, say for example 2 grams in the morning and other 2 grams in the evening, if tolerated. Maybe the "daily formula" has vitamin C.

My 2 cents.

thanks psyche - so NO Wheat. i will try to get rice pasta. i cannot give up dairy right now.(i will eventualy but now i cant)
this is "daily formula":
Serving Size (tab) 1

Vitamin A (IU) 5000
Vitamin C (mg) 60
Vitamin D (IU) 400
Vitamin E (IU) 30
Vitamin K (mcg) 25
Thiamin (mg) 1.5
Riboflavin (mg) 1.7
Niacin (mg) 30
Vitamin B 6 (mg) 2
Folic Acid (mcg) 200
Vitamin B 12 (mcg) 6
Biotin (mcg) 15
Panthothetic Acid mg 10
Calcium (mg) 160
Iron (mg) 5
Phosphorus (mg) 125
Iodine (mcg) 25
Magnesium (mg) 40
- i think it would not be bad to take 2 of these- i mean it is not high concentrated
i will take vit c in the morning. 1g perhaps

this is some suplement: twinlab dualtabs- its too exspensive for me - in my country it costs 50 dollar(100 caps).
http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-DualTabs-Mega-Vitamins-Minerals-Formula-200-Tablets#IngredientFacts

greets :D :D

capt.picard said:
this is some suplement: twinlab dualtabs- its too exspensive for me - in my country it costs 50 dollar(100 caps).
http://www.vitacost.com/Twinlab-DualTabs-Mega-Vitamins-Minerals-Formula-200-Tablets#IngredientFacts

That one looks very good. Perhaps you can order it from the US, that website or iherbs.com, it will be cheaper if you order your other supplements as well in the same batch. The thing is, your daily formula doesn't contain a lot of minerals and you are drinking lots of water and you probably sweat some more and then, the requirements for nutrients are higher for detox purposes.

From iherbs.com

International Airmail (available to select countries): A Flat $4.00! This option applies to orders valued up to $80.00, and weighing 3 lbs or less. This shipment method has a 1 to 4 week delivery time.

Please note: If you choose Airmail delivery, you will not be able to track your order. However, airmail deliveries are very reliable and are a favorite shipping method for our valued customers in Europe and Asia Pacific with an average delivery time of 10 days (including weekends). Also, chances are high that you will not pay any additional customs import taxes.

I have no conflict of interest with iherbs.com ;) I just noticed that some members recommended it. You can check the multivitamin section, they have lots of options/brands.

Psyche said:
I have no conflict of interest with iherbs.com ;) I just noticed that some members recommended it. You can check the multivitamin section, they have lots of options/brands.

Actually, it's "iherb.com" no "s" after the herb... :)

Psyche said:
That one looks very good. Perhaps you can order it from the US, that website or iherbs.com, it will be cheaper if you order your other supplements as well in the same batch. The thing is, your daily formula doesn't contain a lot of minerals and you are drinking lots of water and you probably sweat some more and then, the requirements for nutrients are higher for detox purposes.

Here's the link where you can find good websites to order your vitamins. ;D

capt.picard said:

It looks like all of the protein powder from Scitec Nutrition contain one or more of the following: whey protein isolate, concentrate, calcium caseinate, total milk protein isolate, egg protein, soy protein isolate, cocoa, and most importantly they contain aspartame.

If you haven't already, check out the aspartame thread:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3155.msg110015#msg110015

All dairy (also known in this forum as EEEEEVIL dairy!) is out. As is soy, unless fermented. I actually can't find a thread dedicated to dairy, so there is just the odd discussion of it here and there on the forum. Perhaps someone else can link to some good info on it?

Eggs can be quite dicey, but it depends on your body. Honestly, you won't know if your body can even tolerate eggs until you are detoxified enough for your body to send you clear signals. I would highly recommend avoiding them for now. You can always test them out later when you are less toxic.

You can get protein powder that is completely natural and is made from peas or brown rice or even vegetables (not sure what vegetables though). I'd recommend the rice one personally, although you may need to add some xylitol (your new best friend and sugar replacement) and perhaps some berries or something else to help give the otherwise bland shake some taste, much like the morning berry shake Laura suggested at the beginning of this thread.

Oats are off the list, and be careful with nuts as they are another food that could be dicey. I'd suggest leaving these out for now.

Also, if you can't do a sudden switch to your new diet that's OK. If you take a couple of weeks to gradually get more and more strict, then it won't be so hard on you. When I started changing my diet to deal with candida, I didn't eliminate coffee until two weeks into it (I was trying to get around that, but I couldn't!) and dairy was eliminated along with it.

You should really try substituting cow's milk with rice milk. It's thinner than cow's milk, but the taste is not that different. In fact, I find it far more palatable than soy milk!

Nathan said:
capt.picard said:

It looks like all of the protein powder from Scitec Nutrition contain one or more of the following: whey protein isolate, concentrate, calcium caseinate, total milk protein isolate, egg protein, soy protein isolate, cocoa, and most importantly they contain aspartame.

So we definitely need to warn people about the Scitec products. Maybe put it in the products and services forum?

Laura said:
So we definitely need to warn people about the Scitec products. Maybe put it in the products and services forum?

Well, these ingredients are common in almost every protein powder. They will almost always have some form of whey and many will contain aspartame. Perhaps protein powder (containing whey) could be added to the AVOID list for the anti-Candida diet?

All supplements should be devoid of gluten and milk. The caps should be of a vegetarian source. The supplements should say something like "contains no egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, artificial color, flavor or fragrance."

i am aware of sctitec products ingridients and especialy of aspartame. on some bodybuilding forums i have read many topics about aspyrtame.a realy brain tumor "maker" (and cancer). the thing is : they are cheap.
almost every protein suplement contains aminoacids from eggs and milk (lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin mostly) except proteins made of soy (weider has one). if you are looking for good stuff then you should check out proteins from twinlab. on one bodybuilding forum a have read that astronauts use them(not checked). another reliable producer is Inkospr from germany. if you want a "clear" protein you could get for example "Muscle 95" (90% of protein , no taste - neutral) if avaiable (i am sure it is). the best thing is bcaa (branched chain amino acids) - every product contains three essential amino acdis L-leucine, L-valine, L-izoleucine. those three constitute 1/3 of protein of our body.
so if you have two products , same amount of bcaa, and different price i recommend the cheaper one beacuse its the same (bcaa are just those three amino acids that i mentoied). if you dont trust the producer dont buy it . you could take products from time to time to analysis. for example me and my friend took "Scitec-100% proteine isolate" to analysis and we were very dissapointed. the declaration says that the product contains 83% of protein but the analysis show us just 60%!!!!!.- this is the thing with all low price products unfortunately for us but not for the producer damnit. :mad:
the ultimate thing is whey protein isolate. for example a weider product: "CFM whey protein". cfm is the technology used (cross micro filtration). this kind of products contain over 90% of protein in dry matter and are the purest. contains regulary over 40% of essential aino acids. and of course this kind of protein suplements are the highest in price . i could not afford them. the mentoied weider product costs 65$ for just 908g.(in croatia)
the newest thing is hydroisolate protein - the most expensive. you could search google for products.
these are the producers i trust ( a bit higher in price but...) : twinlab, inkospor, labrada, weider (but they leave the impression that they are most concerned on the taste), optimum nutrition ( they have realy good whey protein : "optimum gold standard")
there are many good producers i have not mentioed but these have good reputation. i can tell you to realy avoid "boitech". there is all in that container but least protein.also fails on many analysis i have read on one bodybuilding forums.
i will post later analyses for some products
greets :D

capt.picard said:
almost every protein suplement contains aminoacids from eggs and milk (lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin mostly) except proteins made of soy (weider has one).

I use Nutribiotic vegan rice protein powder - it contains nothing but brown rice protein. I pick it up at my local health food store, where it sits on its own endcap, so it must sell well.

anart said:
capt.picard said:
almost every protein suplement contains aminoacids from eggs and milk (lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin mostly) except proteins made of soy (weider has one).

I use Nutribiotic vegan rice protein powder - it contains nothing but brown rice protein. I pick it up at my local health food store, where it sits on its own endcap, so it must sell well.

I bought some of Jarrow's brown rice protein. I don't remember where I bought it, but it was probably Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe. It was only $18.99, but the taste isn't the greatest. How much did you pay for the Nutribiotic?
_http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=264

anart said:
capt.picard said:

man! brown rice protein. i wish we could have this in croatia. as a matter of fact this is the first time i have heard about it. america is a wonderland- everything is available- america is a big country so everything is produced within. no need to import.and when i look at those prices on "iherb" for example i almost fell out of the chair- so cheap. sadly , when those products come to europe their price is loaded beacuse of transportation and they charge us tremendeously high prices. i should move to america :D

Back
Top Bottom