Anti-Candida, Inflammation, Heavy Metals Detox and Diet

anart said:
capt.picard said:
almost every protein suplement contains aminoacids from eggs and milk (lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin mostly) except proteins made of soy (weider has one).

I use Nutribiotic vegan rice protein powder - it contains nothing but brown rice protein. I pick it up at my local health food store, where it sits on its own endcap, so it must sell well.

Yup! I was just looking through the various health products sites, and this is the one that I had just decided on getting now that NOW has stopped producing it.

Glad to see that others are using it.

John! said:
anart said:
capt.picard said:
almost every protein suplement contains aminoacids from eggs and milk (lactoalbumin and lactoglobulin mostly) except proteins made of soy (weider has one).

I use Nutribiotic vegan rice protein powder - it contains nothing but brown rice protein. I pick it up at my local health food store, where it sits on its own endcap, so it must sell well.

I bought some of Jarrow's brown rice protein. I don't remember where I bought it, but it was probably Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe. It was only $18.99, but the taste isn't the greatest. How much did you pay for the Nutribiotic?
_http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=264

I'm using the Jarron BR powder too. If you put it in the detox shake (in whatever form you use), you really can't taste it. At least I can't. ;D

I have ordered BROWN Rice Protein from Herbspro.com in the past and they send it to France. I did some calculations at the time and it seemed that it was still a decent price. I'm sure you can find it in the EU and I think they should ship to Croatia. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi all,
I am using Nutribiotic too. You can get it cheap at luckyvitamins.com. The 3lb product was 25$ when I last ordered. Iherb sells it at about 30$.

edit, size

The website myprotein.co.uk (mentioned in another thread) do Brown Rice Protein by Oryzatin which
‘uses non-GMO sprouted brown rice and has an amino acid profile closest to mother’s milk. It is hypo-allergenic and completely dairy free making it the perfect choice for vegans and anyone looking to avoid specific allergens such as wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy and soy. … ‘

It also comes in sachets (1kg, 2.5kg, and 5kg) rather than in a big plastic container that needs to be disposed of when empty.

This may, or may not help.

I started the detox diet today with what I have in the house. Over the next few weeks I will add to what I already have.

I also started studying the first few posts on this thread instead of skimming as I had before. It's going to take me a while to read every post the way it should be read. So forgive me if these questions have already been answered.

1. We juice carrots, greens, and ginger. Will doing this intrfere with the protocol?
2. We also like crackers made from almonds or hazelnuts, and rice flour. Are those okay?
3. Also, bread made with flax seeds, and rye.
4. Are lemons okay? To use instead of vinegar?
5. Goat cheese? raw goat cheese?
6. Dark chocolate?
7. Is stevia the only sweetener allowed?

This is just to get started. From what I could see, our diet is already pretty much in alignment with the detox diet, but I have to study more to be sure.

There are a lot of supplements that I need to buy, and I can't buy them all at once.

I started this morning, and even though I wanted coffee, I didn't give in. The berry drink is good - even my daughter liked it.

So I'm off to a good start, I think.

webglider said:
I started the detox diet today with what I have in the house. Over the next few weeks I will add to what I already have.

I also started studying the first few posts on this thread instead of skimming as I had before. It's going to take me a while to read every post the way it should be read. So forgive me if these questions have already been answered.

1. We juice carrots, greens, and ginger. Will doing this intrfere with the protocol?
2. We also like crackers made from almonds or hazelnuts, and rice flour. Are those okay?
6. Dark chocolate?

If you're trying to go gluten free, then rye is out. Dairy (cheese) is also. As for dark chocolate, I think it depends on the cacao and sugar content.

Foods to eat: during the program, the following foods should be eaten.

* Filtered water
* Fish, especially small, nonpredatory species such as sardines, herring, wild salmon, black cod or sable fish, sole, and cod
* Lean white meat chicken breasts (preferably organic)
* Fresh or frozen noncitrus fruits, ideally berries only (preferably organic)
* Fresh vegetables (preferably organic)
* Fresh vegetable broth (three to four cups per day)
* Legumes (lentils, navy beans, adzuki beans, mung beans, tofu, and others)
* Brown rice
* Nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin seeds)
* Flaxseeds (ground, preferably organic)
* Lemons

Thanks Mrs. Peel.

No cheese, no rye, no citrus or non berry fruits.

I forgot to ask about coconut water.

We basically eat this diet already. There will be a few changes for me, but not that many.

I mostly just need to add the supplements, some of which I already have, and read the books and the threads.

webglider said:
6. Dark chocolate?

1. Ginger is great and is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-histamine and anti-bacterial. But if you are quite toxic and have a candida overgrowth, this may trigger a Herxheimer reaction. So be sparing in your use of this until later when not so toxic.
2. You might want to hold off on nuts as you may be allergic. You can test these later on when not so toxic. Rice flour, however, will usually be made from brown rice.
3. You need to find a bread that contains no wheat or gluten. Rye and flaxseed contain both.
4. You can use apple cider vinegar. But yes, lemon is good. Although acidic, when you have the juice it increases digestive secretions due to its bitterness and this effect actually alkalises the whole body.
5. As Mrs. Peel said, dairy is out. Goat's cheese is probably less harmful than say dairy milk, but you still should avoid this. At least while you have a candida overgrowth and/or toxicity problem to contend with.
6. Even if you make dark chocolate with stevia for example, the cacao contains some caffeine, albeit in small amounts. Highly fermented African cacao has the lowest amount of caffeine (below 0.1%) so try to go for those. Cacao also contains high amounts of theobromine (not sure if this is good or bad for detoxing, does anyone know?) Perhaps when you're not so toxic you can have some cacao.
7. Xylitol is another. It can easily be confused with white sugar in its appearance and works great for cooking, especially when you need that sugar granule consistency.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but raw honey is good because it is an invert sugar and does not ferment in the stomach and intestines.

You probably already know this, but the water should be filtered either by reverse osmosis or distilled water. I ordered a distilled water filter the other day and the invoice email included some verses from the Bible. You know, to add to the water distillation experience ;)

To begin with, you should try to avoid all fruit (except berries) as the high levels of natural sugar can feed candida. I think you can relax with fruit later on, but eliminating sugar is very important.

As for soy, fermented soy is OK as the trypsin inhibitors and hemagglutinin are deactivated. Whereas just cooking soy does not. But it is not completely eliminated in tofu. Only after a LONG time of fermentation (much like miso or tempeh) are the phytate and antinutrient levels reduced. So I agree that tofu should be avoided.

Coconut oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. While coconut water does not contain as many goodies as the oil, I think this would be very beneficial in fighting candida. And it's also great for the intestines.

It's probably better to NOT continue juicing as it wastes a lot of the necessary indigestible fiber that you get from eating softly cooked (steamed or pressure cooker) vegetables. Also, there are things in raw vegetables that are problematic and should be avoided while on the cleansing diet.

Eliminate the nuts for now, too.

Laura said:
Eliminate the nuts for now, too.

What about sunflower seeds, they aren't nuts.

In my case, I'm first treating the candida overgrowth and will go on to the Ultra Simply Diet afterwards,
in order to test sunflower seeds. Until then - can I have them?

Hi Puzzle,

You'll find that an anti-candida diet and the Ultra Diet are largely compatible. Once you've established a routine that reduces the candida-loving foods, it's only a matter of making small adjustments to commence the Ultra Diet.

Thanks Laura, Nathan and Puzzle:

I have a clearer idea of what to do now.

I think I can answer my own question about medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake and maitake mushrooms.

No?

For what it's worth, I started on the UltraMind diet, and 'played with dieting/eating to my blood group, and then realized that it all would be to nought if the Candida diet and supplementation programme was ignored as a starting point. So I did this and then went on to the Ultra Simple diet and individual food testing (and still doing) before moving on to another programme of diet and supplementation.

Puzzle, there is a post by Odyssey that indicates a testing procedure that indicates if a food or drink is something that your body thinks is good for you - it seems to work for me - the link is www.ladybarbara.net/html/self-testing.html You may, or may not, find this as a useful start point for deciding on different foods, etc, before doing the elimination test.

Back
Top Bottom