What do you think of gaia.com?

There’s just so much material there. I found a good part of it to be negligible, especially the most famous ones, but some of it is a real banger - and by “some” of it I mean still hundreds and hundreds of hours of content.
Still sounds to me like a 'new age supermarket' where everyone picks up stuff according to personal preferences.

New age supermarket sums it up. It’s a marketing platform. Gather a lot of big names. Put them all in one place. The site consolidator gets a certain percentage of all sales generated through the site. All the celebs get exposure to the draw of all the other celebs. (Same reason McDonalds and Taco Bell etc are often on the same corner). It’s a win win for everyone. Put together big pricey tag-team events where they all show up at a resort in Costa Rica or an arena somewhere and they all in essence promote each other, generate new leads and cross pollinate. It’s a win win across the board.

That said, I don’t think it means they all agree with each other or are really affiliated in any way. Like 3 bands on a concert stage. I am not condemning them all just because of one or two. Although it does raise the Spockian eyebrow! Lol.

I was curious all through the COVID days searching for anything from Joe to see what he would say and I never found anything. I could be wrong on that one, but at the height of the insanity it was crickets from Dr Joe as far as I could tell. It would be awesome if you could find one of his articles.

His degrees are from some sketchy institutions: Evergreen State bachelors degree and his doctorate is in chiropractic from Life Chiropractic College in Atlanta which lost it's accreditation in 2002!

So, Dispenza is not a neuroscientist at all. But he uses that "Dr" tag ad nauseam to imply he’s an expert in neuroscience or whatever he claims to be an expert in (quantum BS). The fact that JZ hasn’t sued him plus the fact that “What the Bleep” was a JZ Knight production that prominently featured and promoted the good Doctor Joe, tells me they are still working together on some backdoor level.

But really, just listen to him ramble. That should be enough. His website is a potpourri of cheap to VERY pricey offerings which is, bottom line, one giant sales call.

Another goodie: he claims to have completely healed himself from being run over by an SUV and suffering 6 broken vertebrae by using his mind...m'kay - can't really disprove that..or prove it; but then why is he undergoing hair transplants? Can't he use his mind for that? And anyway, why even bother? I am bald and bald is beautiful. Hey Joe, if you are such a quantum Goo Roo, just accept that you are going bald! It doesn't matter! (I had to deal with going bald at age 21 when identity for a young man is very much tied into looks. It was quite a process but I got through it - "Heeeey Joe, where you goin' with that Rogaine in your hand...da dum da duh dumb...") LOL

I will grant that he throws around a lot of good sounding positive concepts and buzzwords that the millennials tend to eat up, and he is GOOD at it!

My apologies for getting carried away, if it is offensive.
Yeah I just read his page and I couldnt finish it because a lot of word salad with no bacon. Atleast he say that amino acids are important for the body, but well gluten is amino acid aswell. So a lot of general obvious stuff with some new Age mystery magic aura theme which you can unlock with some magic plastic debit card for 299$ Don't see any valid sources on his page on where he gets his all information from. Bachelore of Science may entail many things and nothing accurate. Being Doctor Chiropractic doesn't say much as well apart from getting our back straight. Having some training using machines doesn't make someone credible expert. When coming to being researcher well, everybody can do that to certain degree. Paying hundreds of bucks for partial truth or misinformation?Doing some search and connecting the dots, a lot of it is available for free. Paying money so you got to sit there and weed out others bullshit? No thank you. But I do understand the wrapped up marketing of new Age / scientific terminology which makes it sounding promising because it's becoming mainstream to talk about mind over body without actually realizing what it is and that it may be something as simple as getting our assess from the coach and cleaning our room. I do have to come clean and say that I was intersted in what the guy had to say, but for some reason it didn't stick with me. There are much more credible neuroscientists out there worth taking a look at like Dr. Andrew Huberman on youtube for free.
Thank you for bringing this up so we could take a better look at this guy.

Still sounds to me like a 'new age supermarket' where everyone picks up stuff according to personal preferences.
Supermarket is quite a good description!

For the sake of justice, I’d like to emphasize again that there is real quality stuff among the hot garbage. It does take decent prepararion to make good use of it without getting lost

As BHelmet said, he's not a medical doctor.

He never came up with proof for his claims. Noone at RSE ever gave proof of claimed healings. I'd know cause I've spent 10 years of this life there; 6 of these years working for them.

As you've said, it's rare. And it's a dangerous notion to believe in ones own filtering capacities, osit. Mind altering techniques like certain breathing techniques are used in which people become very suggestible.
From you say, he used misleading tactics (“Dr.”) and may be flat-out lying about his self-healing. That’s a shame. I’ve heard that manifesting and self-healing isn’t even that hard - and again, has nothing to do with spirituality.

If things follow as you say, his would be quite a pathetic and damaging work.

About the filter. Yeah… filter is very rare, so all in all most mazes became not a puzzle, but a trap

I love it when channeled entities speak directly. And thanks for the info
I guess when you say you "love", you meant in funny manner. Any way here is one looks weird.
How do we even know if any thing any body said or felt is correct or not? More knowledge one has about the world or creation, more easier it may become as we can correlate, hypothesize etc. which empowers us to use free will. Knowledge can be gathered from all sorts of ways and it is not one person's proprietary. If some body says that itself is trap. Whether it is meditation or yoga or bliss or nirvana what ever the name wants to use it. Saying that itself is acknowledging the limitation. Universe is LOT more creative than that.
1994-11-26
Q: (L) Are there any rituals that can be performed to provide protection for one against intrusion by the Lizzies.

A: Rituals are self-defeating.

Q: (L) Are there any technological means we can use?

A: The only defense needed is knowledge. Knowledge defends you against every possible form of harm in existence. The more knowledge you have, the less fear you have, the less pain you have, the less stress you feel, the less anguish you feel, and the less danger you experience of any form or sort. Think of this very carefully now for this is very important: Where is there any limitation in the concept behind the word "knowledge"? Being that there is no limitation, what is the value of that word? Infinite. Can you conceive of how that one concept, that one meaning frees you from all limitation? Use your sixth sense to conceive of how the word, the term, the meaning of knowledge can provide with all that you could possibly ever need. If you think carefully you will begin to see glimpses of how this is true in its greatest possible form.

Q: (L) Does this include knowledge learned from books?

A: This includes all possible meanings of the concept of the word. Can you think of how it would be that simply with one term, this one word can carry so much meaning? We sense that you are not completely aware. You can have glimpses of illumination and illumination comes from knowledge. If you strive perpetually to gain and gather knowledge, you provide yourself with protection from every possible negative occurrence that could ever happen. Do you know why this is? The more knowledge you have, the more awareness you have as to how to protect yourself. Eventually this awareness becomes so powerful and so all encompassing that you do not even have to perform tasks or rituals, if you prefer, to protect yourself. The protection simply comes naturally with the awareness.

Q: (L) Does knowledge have a substance or an existence apart from its possession or its acceptance?

A: Knowledge has all substance. It goes to the core of all existence.

Q: (L) So acquiring knowledge includes adding substance to one's being?

A: Indeed. It includes adding everything to one's being that is desirable. And also, when you keep invoking the light, as you do, truly understand that the light is knowledge. That is the knowledge which is at the core of all existence. And being at the core of all existence it provides protection from every form of negativity in existence. Light is everything and everything is knowledge and knowledge is everything. You are doing extremely well in acquiring of knowledge. Now all you need is the faith and realization that acquiring of knowledge is all you need.

Q: (L) I just want to be sure that the source that I am acquiring the knowledge from is not a deceptive source.

A: If you simply have faith, no knowledge that you could possibly acquire could possibly be false because there is no such thing. Anyone or anything that tries to give you false knowledge, false information, will fail. The very material substance that the knowledge takes on, since it is at the root of all existence, will protect you from absorption of false information which is not knowledge. There is no need to fear the absorption of false information when you are simply openly seeking to acquire knowledge. And knowledge forms the protection -- all the protection you could ever need.

Q: (L) There are an awful lot of people who are being open and trusting and having faith who are getting zapped and knocked on their rears.

A: No. That is simply your perception. What you are failing to perceive is that these people are not really gathering knowledge. These people are stuck at some point in their pathway to progress and they are undergoing a hidden manifestation of what is referred to in your terms as obsession. Obsession is not knowledge, obsession is stagnation. So, when one becomes obsessed, one actually closes off the absorption and the growth and the progress of soul development which comes with the gaining of true knowledge. For when one becomes obsessed one deteriorates the protection therefore one is open to problems, to tragedies, to all sorts of difficulties. Therefore one experiences same.

Yeah I just read his page and I couldnt finish it because a lot of word salad with no bacon. Atleast he say that amino acids are important for the body, but well gluten is amino acid aswell. So a lot of general obvious stuff with some new Age mystery magic aura theme which you can unlock with some magic plastic debit card for 299$ Don't see any valid sources on his page on where he gets his all information from. Bachelore of Science may entail many things and nothing accurate. Being Doctor Chiropractic doesn't say much as well apart from getting our back straight. Having some training using machines doesn't make someone credible expert. When coming to being researcher well, everybody can do that to certain degree. Paying hundreds of bucks for partial truth or misinformation?Doing some search and connecting the dots, a lot of it is available for free. Paying money so you got to sit there and weed out others bullshit? No thank you. But I do understand the wrapped up marketing of new Age / scientific terminology which makes it sounding promising because it's becoming mainstream to talk about mind over body without actually realizing what it is and that it may be something as simple as getting our assess from the coach and cleaning our room. I do have to come clean and say that I was intersted in what the guy had to say, but for some reason it didn't stick with me. There are much more credible neuroscientists out there worth taking a look at like Dr. Andrew Huberman on youtube for free.
Thank you for bringing this up so we could take a better look at this guy.
I wish more people would be able to distinguish abilities VS enlightenment. The wrapping wouldn’t matter, as long as it is actually liberating for the one who ‘buys’ it

I guess when you say you "love", you meant in funny manner. Any way here is one looks weird.
How do we even know if any thing any body said or felt is correct or not? More knowledge one has about the world or creation, more easier it may become as we can correlate, hypothesize etc. which empowers us to use free will. Knowledge can be gathered from all sorts of ways and it is not one person's proprietary. If some body says that itself is trap. Whether it is meditation or yoga or bliss or nirvana what ever the name wants to use it. Saying that itself is acknowledging the limitation. Universe is LOT more creative than that.
1994-11-26
1994-11-26
Reminds me of how I see the term Jñana (Gnana) in sandkrit traditions. As far as I can see, those were somewhat cryptic but truly profound words

So, about Emery Smith. I find his case i noteworthy regardless of Gaia by the way.

If I start from his claims you could be turned off. So I’ll start with a small story:

I was watching him giving a lecture beside a young lady. He was spilling real hot stuff, stuff that most people couldn’t even make up - mostly about interacting with other-humans.

Someone in the audience asks: “now look, if any of this is true, how come they haven’t killed you?”

He says “they won’t kill for this stuff” (he mentions the three things people get ‘blacked out’ for) and then “but they will put down your family for it. I don’t have a family anymore. My dog’s dead, and I don’t have any friends”

He continues: “look at Amardeep” [points at a corner in the audience, audience turns to look at that spot] “he directed Sirius Project. I was in the doc. He’s alive - but soon after he did the movie, there was a shootout at the temple his father ran, and his father died. They won’t kill you, because you’d become a martyr. But they will try to dissuade you”

I thought that was interesting. This was a 2016 lecture if I remember well. For scientific curiosity and hormonal encouragement I tried to find the attractive young lady in the internet - Olivia McKenzie -. I found her on linkedin, to my surprise. The timeline in jobs was curious enough… but then.

But then I saw her only post.

She was raising funds for her dead mother… killed in a random shootout in a small city in the middle of Oregon. Two years after that presentation.

Now… could that be a stunt? Well, why not? But still, that’s a whole levels complex to pull off, also because I found the shootout in the news.

That said, lemme mention his claims in a following post…

To be honest I can't see where this thread is leading to.
@Dovana, could you say what's the purpose of this thread when in your headline you asked people what they think about gaia.com and received quite some feedback.

Me neither! The fact that you have to pay to see channeled messages is a big red flag 🚩 for me. Not saying that 100% of the content in there is wrong or something, is just that there is no scientific process or research behind the information presented there and the new age tone is quite big. And many of us knows already how the new age culture is (not good) the same for the “love and light” type of messages. I have family members who are subscribed to it and they tell me about it sometimes, so I know whats been shared in there, and yeah… waste of time (and money) in my opinion. I recommend you the Wave series and the second volume of it were the subject of New Age is presented, to have an idea. Anyways, if you like it, be my guess, but if you think on doing some type of promotion of it in here, don’t hold your expectations on a good response.

To be honest I can't see where this thread is leading to.
@Dovana, could you say what's the purpose of this thread when in your headline you asked people what they think about gaia.com and received quite some feedback.
That’s true. The thread has been serving its purpose. I appreciate the feedback.

I’m going off topic talking about Emery Smith. I was wondering if I should open a new thread on that one, but I wasn’t sure about that.

The reason I’m talking about this specific guy is that I found him on Gaia (so to me it doesn’t seem like a jarring transition talking about him, while now I realize it must be the case as you read it), and his content has quite stuck to in my mind, and I am just as excited about it as I wanted some skeptical perspective. The claims are quite huge.

Not sure how to do that, and I don’t want to shift the focus of this thread

That’s true. The thread has been serving its purpose. I appreciate the feedback.

I’m going off topic talking about Emery Smith. I was wondering if I should open a new thread on that one, but I wasn’t sure about that.

The reason I’m talking about this specific guy is that I found him on Gaia (so to me it doesn’t seem like a jarring transition talking about him, while now I realize it must be the case as you read it), and his content has quite stuck to in my mind, and I am just as excited about it as I wanted some skeptical perspective. The claims are quite huge.

Not sure how to do that, and I don’t want to shift the focus of this thread
Use the search function to read about what people have said about Emory Smith before starting a thread on it. There’s also information on the forum about the guy who founded gaia.com and some of the unsavory characters he hung around. All there if you want to dig around.

You might also want to familiarize yourself with how people here view the New Age movement and COINTELPRO. Provides context when discussing these subjects.

Me neither! The fact that you have to pay to see channeled messages is a big red flag 🚩 for me. Not saying that 100% of the content in there is wrong or something, is just that there is no scientific process or research behind the information presented there and the new age tone is quite big. And many of us knows already how the new age culture is (not good) the same for the “love and light” type of messages. I have family members who are subscribed to it and they tell me about it sometimes, so I know whats been shared in there, and yeah… waste of time (and money) in my opinion. I recommend you the Wave series and the second volume of it were the subject of New Age is presented, to have an idea. Anyways, if you like it, be my guess, but if you think on doing some type of promotion of it in here, don’t hold your expectations on a good response.
Well, I’m quite enthusastic about it, even while I see many serious problems (tons of low-quality stuff, questionable authors, likely contact with big info managers, etc). Didn’t mean to be salesy. If it can be taken as unwelcome promotion, I should change how and what I communicate.

And btw, thanks for mentioning how you experience it coming from your family members. I never got to know anybody else who used, so I’m quite curious

Back
Top Bottom