United D.Js (Disc Jockeys)as Wizard of Oz's helpers.

Variations on "PSIQUE ROCK":

"HANG ON SLOOPY"---The mc.Coys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoZ5JL3gmHo

ANOTHER VERSION FROM OREGON (USA):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-i48SncuA

MEXICAN VERSION:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEtkaIW6nzQ

Yesterday I happened to chat with a friend about DJs. He told me that most DJs wear special headphones that shut off some ultrabass/very low frequency sounds, which are, however, "felt" by their audience. I don't know whether that it's true or not, but if it is, it is kind of telling of what can be done to people who listen to that kind of music:

http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/infrasound.htm said:
Man-made structures, such as engines, cars, buses, trains, motorcycles, and airplanes also produce infrasound. John Cody also noted that pilots exposed to infrasonic vibrations of jet chassis experience a reduction in "vision, speech, intelligence, orientation, equilibrium, ability to accurately discern situations, and make reasonable decisions."

Infrasonic vibrations, though harmful, can be pleasantly stimulating in mild levels. The effects of brief, mild exposure can give a feeling of invigoration for hours. While a person may FEEL invigorated and euphoric, his body is being subjected to an elevated heart rate, elevated blood pressure, a release of endorphins, and the "fight or flight" adrenaline response. Feeling the effects of high-intensity/low-frequency sound can actually become an addiction, partially due to the release of endorphins in the body.

Depending on the pitch, infrasound can cause physical pressure, fear, disorientation, negative physical and mental symptoms, explode matter, incapacitate, and kill. For example, in World War II, Nazi propaganda engineers used infrasound to stir up anger in the large crowds that had gathered to hear Hitler. The result was a nation filled with anger and hatred.

Studies show the different ways in which infrasound affects the human body. As infrasound pitches, or cycles per second, decrease, deadly effects on the body increase. Infrasound disrupts the normal functioning of the middle and inner ear, leading to nausea, imbalance, impaired equilibrium, immobilization, and disorientation. Exposure to even mild doses of infrasound can lead to illness. Increased intensities of infrasound can result in death.

It sounds like (no pun intended) there might be something along those lines involved...

Ailén said:
Man-made structures, such as engines, cars, buses, trains, motorcycles, and airplanes also produce infrasound. John Cody also noted that pilots exposed to infrasonic vibrations of jet chassis experience a reduction in "vision, speech, intelligence, orientation, equilibrium, ability to accurately discern situations, and make reasonable decisions."

Explains why these people keep listening to the music and going to 'concerts'.

« Reply #31 of Ailén on: Today at 11:13:54 PM »
Yesterday I happened to chat with a friend about DJs. He told me that most DJs wear special headphones that shut off some ultrabass/very low frequency sounds, which are, however, "felt" by their audience. I don't know whether that it's true or not, but if it is, it is kind of telling of what can be done to people who listen to that kind of music

------------------------------- --------------------------------- ----------------------------
Hi, Ailén:
That is the reason why the Cassiopaeans attach so much importance to the sound/music/vibration for better or for worse, so much so that they even bothered, they have stated several times the importance in the sessions. One of the first times, I do not remember exactly the date but it was year 94 or 95. They were eating chocolate with cookies and listening ethnic music.

This stuff goes pretty hard. Personally, I like a teeny bit of gabber in small doses. Good for exercising. It can fry your brain a bit of you listen to it too much though.

As for all the talk of drugs, pretty sure that you'll find drugs at any concert of this size.

Here's a nice little Euphoric Trance mix in the case for Electronica.

Armin Van Buuren - A State of Trance 534
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8aagV5_J4

Timey said:
This stuff goes pretty hard. Personally, I like a teeny bit of gabber in small doses. Good for exercising. It can fry your brain a bit of you listen to it too much though.

As for all the talk of drugs, pretty sure that you'll find drugs at any concert of this size.

Here's a nice little Euphoric Trance mix in the case for Electronica.

Armin Van Buuren - A State of Trance 534
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8aagV5_J4

Well although I have been a “fan” of Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, etc, I'm really starting to question the entire genre of “entrancing” music.

Past week or so I’ve run an experiment on myself with music. I’ve taken a brake from all trance, (usually it's the thing I listen to on long drives to the city), and instead I have been listening to a combo of classical symphony, opera, and very old rap. I know a weird combo, but what I've noticed is that my driving has changed. I’m more aware of the trips and drive a lot less aggressively and drive much slower. Its “funny” how driving and trance music go so “well” together and keep you in a constant alpha state.

Ailén said:
Yesterday I happened to chat with a friend about DJs. He told me that most DJs wear special headphones that shut off some ultrabass/very low frequency sounds, which are, however, "felt" by their audience. I don't know whether that it's true or not, but if it is, it is kind of telling of what can be done to people who listen to that kind of music:

I blieve it. I do know that most DJ's use headphones with sound blocking technology.

Ailén said:
http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/infrasound.htm said:

Infrasonic vibrations, though harmful, can be pleasantly stimulating in mild levels. The effects of brief, mild exposure can give a feeling of invigoration for hours. While a person may FEEL invigorated and euphoric, his body is being subjected to an elevated heart rate, elevated blood pressure, a release of endorphins, and the "fight or flight" adrenaline response. Feeling the effects of high-intensity/low-frequency sound can actually become an addiction, partially due to the release of endorphins in the body.

Depending on the pitch, infrasound can cause physical pressure, fear, disorientation, negative physical and mental symptoms, explode matter, incapacitate, and kill. For example, in World War II, Nazi propaganda engineers used infrasound to stir up anger in the large crowds that had gathered to hear Hitler. The result was a nation filled with anger and hatred.

Studies show the different ways in which infrasound affects the human body. As infrasound pitches, or cycles per second, decrease, deadly effects on the body increase. Infrasound disrupts the normal functioning of the middle and inner ear, leading to nausea, imbalance, impaired equilibrium, immobilization, and disorientation. Exposure to even mild doses of infrasound can lead to illness. Increased intensities of infrasound can result in death.

It sounds like (no pun intended) there might be something along those lines involved...

I think if I'm not mistaken this is an extension of Binaural beats, which is an old discovery.

Obviously someone had to market it, and just in time for Christmas.

Here is a excerpt form the wiki page on Binaural beats:

"Binaural beats may influence functions of the brain in ways besides those related to hearing. This phenomenon is called frequency following response. The concept is that if one receives a stimulus with a frequency in the range of brain waves, the predominant brain wave frequency is said to be likely to move towards the frequency of the stimulus (a process called entrainment). In addition, binaural beats have been credibly documented to relate to both spatial perception & stereo auditory recognition, and, according to the frequency following response, activation of various sites in the brain."

Scary stuff! :scared:

OPPOSITES ATTRACT.

Either Way you hear it, basically Bach is Bach:

MINUET & BADINERIE FROM SUITE No. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCTR7xpNek

"MOVE YOUR BODY"
http://tu.tv/videos/move-your-body-benny-benassi-ft-marsha

Hi nemma,

it is interesting what you wrote here:

neema said:
Past week or so I’ve run an experiment on myself with music. I’ve taken a brake from all trance, (usually it's the thing I listen to on long drives to the city), and instead I have been listening to a combo of classical symphony, opera, and very old rap. I know a weird combo, but what I've noticed is that my driving has changed. I’m more aware of the trips and drive a lot less aggressively and drive much slower. Its “funny” how driving and trance music go so “well” together and keep you in a constant alpha state.

I found this article about driving and music:
_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1870853.stm

Fast music - dangerous driving

Listening to fast music in the car may make people drive too quickly as well - increasing their risk of having an accident.
Israeli researchers found drivers who listen to uptempo tunes had more than twice as many accidents as those listening to slower music.
Other research has shown a link between loud music and dangerous driving.
In this research, Warren Brodsky at Ben-Gurion University in Beer-Sheva, looked at the effect of music's tempo on driver behaviour.
In the study, 28 students - all of whom had been driving for around seven years - were given different types of music to listen to at high volume.
Each was monitored as they used a driving simulator, on which they drive around the virtual streets of Chicago while listening to different pieces of music, or none at all.

Distraction

The researchers chose a range of music for the drivers to listen to, from laid-back George Benson ballads to clubbing music.
Tempos ranged from a slow 60 beats per minute up to a fast and furious 120 beats per minute or more.
Those drivers listening to uptempo music were twice as likely to go through a red light as those who were not listening to any music at all.
Drivers were also found to have twice as many accidents when they were listening to fast tempos as when they listened to slow or medium-paced music.
Drivers' heart rates were seen to fluctuate less when they were listening to music of any kind compared with no music at all.
Mr Brodsky, Schillinger Fellow for the Study of Music Sciences, at the Department of the Arts at Ben-Gurion University, suggested this shows that all kinds of music distract drivers and make them less alert.
He added that a study of driving patterns on a simulator may not be replicated on the roads.
But he said: "I think it's got to be taken seriously."

'Driver distraction'

He advised drivers to choose slower pieces of music, or to turn down the volume so that there is less chance of them being distracted from their driving.
He chose the pieces that he used in the study after listening to them as he drove to work. He said: "I could hardly control myself with some of the pieces. It was difficult taking my foot off the gas pedal. I'm now more careful in my choice of music."
Safe driving experts called for more research into all kinds of "driver distraction", from mobile phone conversations to changing the tape in the stereo.
Roger Vincent of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) told BBC News Online: "This is a really small study and we need to see wider research.
"We would like to see research carried out into all kinds of driver distraction."
But he said the link found in the Israeli study between faster tempos and faster driving could be seen as a warning for drivers.
"It's a reminder to take their foot of the accelerator. A thousand deaths a year are associated with speed."
Andrew Howard, head of road safety for the AA, said: "The main thing is that the music isn't so loud that it doesn't stop you thinking about your driving."

For me it could be Fast music - dangerous cooking.
When I'm alone in the summer kitchen preparing food, and there is some good, fast song on the radio... Oh boy, I'm all over the kitchen, jumping around like a monkey, dancing and making silly faces. I don't know if I should be worried about this...

In defence of trance music:

Caution: This missive was composed while listening to a couple of trance tracks
at a relatively high volume:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yos2dd723nM
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccpL3lPYYk

I don’t know the full history of where and when electronic/trance type music was developed, whether in France, Germany, Detroit, Goa or other local scenes.

Trance music has now been commercialized, but in the beginnings many involved were interested in creating music that would be more than “just music”, perhaps even in creating something like Gurdjieff’s “objective music”: “Snake charmers' music in the East is an approach to objective music, of course very primitive. Very often it is simply one note which is long drawn out, rising and falling only very little [. . .]” (ISOTM).

The electronic music artists were conscious that different effects, frequencies, and beats per minute did alter brainwave states, creating trance-like effects, or altered states of consciousness, without necessarily taking drugs (which is a separate issue, “drugs are bad” is not an argument for “trance music is bad”). In some scenes, there was quite the opposite of the “cult of the DJ”, with DJs and electronic artists valuing anonymity over self-promotion, and sometimes being literally behind-the-curtains rather than on a prominent stage when playing their music live.

Objections to trance music:

1. It is repetitive. But so is breathing. So is the sun rising and setting. So is the heart beating.

2. It has no words. Neither does classical music. If it is the semantic content of the words that is of the most importance, then these could just be given as a poem or prose without the music. One can appreciate musically a song sung in a foreign language, without understanding the words.

3. Its intent is to create a mental state from something external to the mind. But isn’t eating healthy food that is good for the mind also doing the same thing? Or isn’t viewing a painting also generating a mental state from an external object? Can’t music be a food for the soul?

Not everybody has to like trance music, but I don’t think the poor quality of most commercialized trance music, or a personal dislike for this style of music, is enough to make the case that the whole genre is objectively bad.

I like playing Beethoven and Tchaikovsky on the piano, and listening to Vivaldi. I also like trance music.

The Secret within Music: Gurdjieff, Steiner, and the Sufis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIrSwcZ4aw

----------------------------------- ------------------------------------ --------------------------------

Reply #38 of Mal7on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:26 PM

« One can appreciate musically a song sung in a foreign language, without understanding the words. »

---------------------------------- -------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
Many songs I liked before I understood the language in which they were sung, ex:

"STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBZbhQhJf8

"LADY MADONNA".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu3SsTh3ZV0

The Secret within Music: Gurdjieff, Steiner, and the Sufis

Hi caballero reyes,

I started watching the video and instantly recognized it. This got my memory going and here is the result: we have a short thread (only one page) about that video here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28326.0.html

Thought you would want to know ;)

Thanks, Palinurus. I remembered that I had read something about it, but I could not find in Topic "music". Anyway just thought that it would help to understand the concept of Objective Music.

"Tropicalisimo Apache" group: "Yo te vi" (I saw you) / "Mete y saca" (Puts and takes).
Norteño "robotic" music of Sonora, live at "The chaparral" rodeo in Hermosillo, with the freezing desert wind in a past winter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q2fO8Qia0g

On the other side of the Arnhem's concert in Holland, in the beginning of this topic. Dutch- Mexican (menonitas) interpret polkas of north of mexico. (musica norteña).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuOjnaskdZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftdliW-BgB4

I listened to trance when I was teen but it was much different then it is today. Mostly it was vocal trance from the late 90-ties when it had some creativity left in it. After starting the work I lost all interest in it, started to be attracted to more classical like music like movie soundtracks by Hans Zimmer and others. It had like mentioned euphoric effect for a short time, and I realized it had something addictive in it, that is why I stopped before discovering work. Now, it does not really have any effect, it does not attract me whatsoever. But also today s trance does not have a T anymore of past trance. Did not go to parties and such, only once in high school or college from curiosity when with my friends, was listening it more for myself. It was funny in a way because there were dudes without their shirts and had sun glasses and florescent lights. Then when the DJ released the fog everybody started jumping and screaming, then turned to adore DJ. Me and my friend just looked at each other and said ok, this is some weird stuff, goodbye. Last time I got out was to more "normal" music and was last time I gone out and it was enough. I was in a way dead serious and calm and was not out for a long time, and seen people looking weird at me because of that and I was more repulsed by all that because of sponsor girls and everyone was drunk, zombie like, shallow, and making fool of themselves. And then it was crowded place and those possible tensions if you look at someone "wrongly" made the situation unbearable and had to leave. But that s how it goes in these places. I grown past it, friends did not yet. Now I rarely see them. Funny thing I remember when applying for job through student service we had to go through all these tests for this job and there was also and psycho test and psychologists. And one question she asked was did you go out. I said yes and nothing more. Then she asked where because she wanted to know if i was lying. I mentioned places but I wonder if I said no maybe I would have been described "crazy" and not get a job. In today s "sane" society insane and collective is the new norm.

Back
Top Bottom