United D.Js (Disc Jockeys)as Wizard of Oz's helpers.

Almost 2 hours of boom, boom, boom, boom. This kind of music, trance, gabber, hardcore or whatever you call this kind of electronic music is not really my cup of tea.. or maybe i'm just getting old ;)

hi, EricG. I think is not a matter of "old" or "young" people, this is very interesant becauce is an IMPRESSIVE MASS MANIPULATION.

caballero reyes said:
hi, EricG. I think is not a matter of "old" or "young" people, this is very interesant becauce is an IMPRESSIVE MASS MANIPULATION.

In what way do you see it as mass manipulation?

caballero reyes said:

Wow.

Don't know about mass manipulation, but that was impressive! Amazing light to sound choreography.

If you have ever been involved backstage of even a small event, you would understand the amazing work these guys did.

Although I'm a big fan of electronic music in general, most DJ's in the field these days are not that impressive. I do agree that this kinda music is definitely not everyones cup of tea.

Also its refreshing to see no one drunk or on drugs. I even liked the lyrics.

I for one really enjoyed it. Looks like I'm going to have to give Hard Bass a try.

PS: this kinda thing is more mass manipulation imo.

Urgh, personally I think this is electronic music at its worst (and I am open to a wide range of different styles).
No way you can stand that for hours, unless you're under the influence, or just dead inside.

I will never go to a place like this, too much people. :scared: Plus the music is to high so dangerous for the ear. I used to go to dance, when younger, to a disco with techno music with kids like in trance, but not anymore, not because I am older but because too many people give the creeps. Some days ago here in Spain in a sort of spectacle like this one something terrible happened, the young became hysterics, loose control, there was an avalanche and 3 girls died.

And I am sure many of this young are under extasi or psychedelic drugs.

And I don't understand this adoration for DJ's. Why? I don't understand. :huh:

loreta said:

Drugs, crowd mentality, loud music and general stupidity make people adore whoever is in control of the tunes. These combine to create a brain chemical rush that is just vastly out of reach in most circumstances, and is a kind of nirvana for people who cannot understand the finer aspects of life.
I've been to similar events to this in the past (though the music was never this bad :shock: ), thankfully not anymore!

there must be a fitting comet somewhere? at least I hope so

that is a perfect example of how most of humanity really has lost their brains IMO

Pashalis said:

that is a perfect example of how most of humanity really has lost their brains IMO

I hope me too... (for the comet, dear comet.)

Perceval said:
neema said:
Also its refreshing to see no one drunk or on drugs.

Really?

Maybe not refreshing as in interesting to see them high of music than recreational drugs or alcohol.

Sure its of sts nature, but you cannot deny the creativity that went into creating it. Can this creativity be channeled into something more positive? Sure, but as an artist I have an appreciation of many art forms and the varying difficulty’s involved with their creation.

loreta said:

Like I said, for me anyway its not adoration for a DJ. I hadn't even heard of these guys before today. Its the musical choreography and visual effects that impressed me. To get everything working and adjusting it on the fly. It takes talent to make it sound right. Well “right” is a matter of perspective of course.

With that said though I wouldn’t participate in such events, for the reasons loreta mentioned. But this imo, is because of the nature of a sts mentality and not the music or DJ's alone.

I'm always fascinated by music and the hype around it. There is a power behind music that we ignore by putting energy into the entertainment aspect of it. I think I read in the book “darkness over Tibet” about the monks playing musical instruments in unison that enabled them to levitate rocks. Also the power of conscience choreographed group activity in a sense of being similar to technology for achieving certain things is very fascinating. (Not that this was happening here).

I should mention that I tend to brake down audio visuals that I like to see why it works and to try and mix&match to create new music and visuals with meaning. (its a hobby). One of the things I'm working on, is the song Imagine by JL. Trying to remix and update it so it would speak in the language of the youth today. And for that you have to see what dictionary are the masses of this generation using.

Pashalis said:

I don't think its as simple as that. I think there is something to it that attracts people, but I think it is twisted and malevolently directed.

Like this song, why is it so popular? What's working visually and what's working musically that speaks to so many people? Is it simply the mindlessness? Because there are many mindless silly songs, but why is this particular one going to be the most watched music video of all time?

As I am typing though, I'm listening to some Baroque style music. Imo this period gave rise to some of the most intriguing forms of art and culture. But I also find it important to pay attention to current cultural phenomena. That is if you want to create something that can speak the language of the masses. So I'm kind of at the mentality of “don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater”.

Fwiw.

loreta said:
Pashalis said:

I hope me too... (for the comet, dear comet.)

Now I could be wrong, but isn’t this sort of thinking kind of similar to wanting to “shut out the world.”?

neema said:
Perceval said:
neema said:
Also its refreshing to see no one drunk or on drugs.

Really?

Maybe not refreshing as in interesting to see them high of music than recreational drugs or alcohol.

I think the question is why do you think they're not on drugs or alcohol? The usual culture surrounding this type of music is filled with drugs.

Personally, I find this type of "music" to be very annoying, and not really music at all - it's so mechanical and it's hypnotic and "entrancing" and I don't think that's a positive thing - at least from my perspective. But, just my two cents.

Tigersoap said:
Urgh, personally I think this is electronic music at its worst (and I am open to a wide range of different styles).
No way you can stand that for hours, unless you're under the influence, or just dead inside.

I completely agree. I do enjoy electronic music, in its better moments, but this is truly the worst of the worst.

Back
Top Bottom