Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

angelburst29

The Living Force
I don't know exactly what the International implications/repercussions might be involved in willfully breaking into a Chinese Consulate on U.S. soil but on a "moral level" - it's sheer stupidity on the part of the U.S. State Department? It was bad enough when Obama ordered Russian Consulates closed and evicted some of the Staff from American soil during the height of the Christmas-New Years Holidays and now this happens on Trump's watch?

US officers force open rear door of Chinese consulate in Houston following closure order
Chinese consulate in Houston has rear door prised open following closure: Getty Images

Chinese consulate in Houston has rear door prised open following closure: Getty Images

July 25, 2020 -Law enforcement officials were seen forcing open a door at the Chinese consulate in Houston shortly after the US-imposed deadline for its closure took effect.

The group, who were accompanied by a State Department official, pried open a rear door and went inside without responding to questions from reporters.

Chinese officials were ordered to leave by 4pm on Friday amid escalating tensions between Beijing and the Trump administration, which said the consulate had been "a hub of spying and intellectual property theft".

The officers did not reveal to reporters where they were from, but one member of the group appeared to be Cliff Seagroves, the State Department's top official for foreign missions.

A State Department spokesperson declined to answer questions about Mr Seagroves or the group's activity at the consulate.

After the men went inside, two uniformed members of the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security arrived to guard the door. They did not respond to questions.

The Chinese embassy in Washington did not respond to a request for comment.

Consulate staff had exited the Houston building shortly after 4pm and left in vehicles before the door was forced open, according to a witness.

Following Washington's announcement of the Chinese consulate's closure, Beijing in a tit-for-tat response ordered the shutting down of the US consulate in the city of Chengdu.

On Saturday, a consulate emblem inside the Chengdu compound was taken down and staff could be seen moving about. Three removal vans later entered the compound.

Police gathered outside and closed off the street to traffic. The US consulate was given 72 hours to close, or until 10am on Monday, the editor of China's Global Times tabloid said on Twitter.

Relations between Washington and Beijing have deteriorated this year to what experts say is their lowest level in decades over issues ranging from trade and technology to the novel coronavirus, China's territorial claims in the South China Sea and its clampdown on Hong Kong.

China accuses US of improperly entering Houston consulate
BEIJING July 25, 2020 — China’s foreign ministry complained Saturday that American law enforcement officials improperly entered its consulate in Houston, which was ordered to close in an escalating diplomatic feud.

The ministry gave no details, but U.S. federal agents checked the consulate's doors and a locksmith was seen working on a lock Friday after Chinese diplomats left ahead of a 4 p.m. deadline to close.

The Trump administration ordered the Houston consulate closed this week, saying Chinese agents tried to steal medical and other research in Texas. Beijing responded by ordering Washington to close its consulate in the southwest Chinese city of Chengdu.

“As for the U.S. side’s forcible entry into the premises of the Chinese Consulate General in Houston, China expresses strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition,” said a foreign ministry statement. “China will make a proper and necessary response to this.”

The statement said that the Houston consulate was Chinese property, and that under diplomatic treaties American officials had no right to enter.

Beijing Slams Forced U.S. Entry to China’s Houston Consulate

U.S.-China diplomatic tensions continued to simmer on Saturday as Beijing slammed the “forced entry” to its Houston consulate by U.S. personnel hours earlier and vowed to respond “as necessary.”

Federal agents and local law enforcement authorities broke into the consulate building late Friday, according to the Houston Chronicle and CNN, after issuing an order on July 21 that it must close within 72 hours.

The newspaper reported that among the personnel on site were some wearing shirts carrying the words “U.S. Department of State.” Agents tried three different entrances at the compound before prying open a back door, the Chronicle reported.

Beijing said that U.S. had broken diplomatic conventions by entering “China’s national property.”

“According to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations and the Sino-U.S. Consular Treaty, the United States must not infringe on the premises of the Chinese Consulate in Houston in any way,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said in an a Q&A posted on the ministry’s website late on Saturday.

angelburst29

The Living Force
From observations over the last few years, I'm of the opinion that one of the biggest problems with the U.S. Government - from the local level to Washington, D.C. is "oversight and accountability" in holding Public Office. Embezzlement of funds is high on that list. Several months ago, the Mayor of my city was charged with embezzlement of Public funds and other charges. He stepped down from Office but there has been no arrest - just paperwork through the Courts. How does that happen? If you are caught stealing "anything" from a store, even if it's a dollar or less - you are immediately arrested and held for a Court appearance that can take weeks before it's scheduled. Yet, if you are "in Politics" and hold even an entry level position - you are free to go about your normal daily activities - even if the individual stole "hundred's of thousand's of dollars" for personal gain? No, I don't get it! Although it is obvious that there are double standards in place for those who hold Political and Government positions.

Here's another case in point that filtered down to the local news outlets:
Tennessee state senator charged with stealing federal funds

MEMPHIS, Tenn. July 29, 2020 — A Tennessee state senator has been charged with stealing more than $600,000 in federal funds received by a health care company she directed and using the money to pay for her wedding and other personal expenses, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

A criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday charges state Sen. Katrina Robinson with theft and embezzlement involving government programs and wire fraud, U.S. Attorney D. Michael Dunavant said in a news release.

Robinson, a Democrat elected to the General Assembly in 2018 from a Memphis district, is also the director of The Healthcare Institute, which provides training for jobs in the health care field, prosecutors said.

From 2015 through 2019, Robinson stole more than $600,000 and used it to pay for her wedding and honeymoon, a 2016 Jeep Renegade for her daughter, travel and entertainment for her family, and an event for her state Senate campaign, prosecutors said.

She also used the money to pay for legal fees for her divorce, home improvements and a snow cone business operated by her children, prosecutors said.

If convicted, Robinson faces a possible sentence of up to 20 years in federal prison. Robinson would be up for re-election in 2022.

Robinson, who is Black, said she will continue serving her district in the Senate “with the same integrity, the same passion that I've demonstrated since you've elected me to this office.” “It is believed that if I were not in the position that I'm in, that if I did not champion the voices, the views and the faces that I represent, that I would not be in this moment right now,” Robinson said.

Robinson also spent thousands on credit card payments, hair and beauty supplies, and improvements to her body aesthetics business and her house, including a wrought iron front door valued at more than $5,000, the FBI said.

She also spent more than $4,700 on makeup, video services and a party for her wedding, and $5,000 on a trip to Jamaica, the FBI said.

Over a four-year period, Robinson paid herself $169,134 more than she was allowed to under salary amounts permitted by the federal grant, the affidavit said.

The criminal complaint details the charges against Robinson and the facts that support the allegations. A federal grand jury will also decide whether to formally indict her.

Ocean

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Remarks by President Trump at Whirlpool Corporation Manufacturing Plant

"This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while"

We’re reasserting American economic independence. And I’ve been doing that from the first day I came into office. To this end, a short time ago, I signed the new executive order to ensure that when it comes to essential medicines, we buy American. (Applause.)

The executive order will require that U.S. government agencies purchase all essential medicines that we need from American sources. The executive order will also sweep away unnecessary regulatory barriers to domestic pharmaceutical production and support advanced manufacturing processes that will keep our drug prices low and allow American companies to compete on the world stage. We’ll be able to compete on the world stage, but we’re now going to have the lowest prices, as opposed to, by far, the highest prices.

I have people that I know that go to Canada — they go to Canada to buy drugs. To buy prescription drugs, they go there because the price is so much lower than the United States. And yet, it’s made by the same company, often in the same plant. It’s a disgrace. And the politicians allowed this to happen for many, many decades.

You have people called “middlemen.” I don’t know who the middlemen are. I don’t know. They never say “middlewomen,” so they’re politically not correct. (Laughter.) But I’ve heard the term “middlemen” for a long time. They are so wealthy. They are so wealthy. Nobody has any idea who the hell they are or what they do. They make more money than the drug companies. You know, in all fairness, at least the drug companies have to produce a product, and it has to be good product. But the middlemen — well, the rebate that I’m doing cuts out the middlemen, and it reduces costs, and the money goes back to the people purchasing the drugs.

So I have a lot of enemies out there. This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while. A lot of very, very rich enemies, but they are not happy with what I’m doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it, and no other President is going to do what I do. No other President would do a favored nations, a rebate, a buy from other nations at much less cost. Nobody. And there are a lot of unhappy people, and they’re very rich people, and they’re very unhappy.

susy7

Jedi Master
Trump vs. Big Pharma - The Right to Try Act
Excerpt from Donald Trump's speech, June 26, 2019, to the Faith & Freedom Coalition, a conservative non-profit organization.

He has Natalie Harp, a young woman with terminal cancer who has received the Right to Try, the right to try therapy not validated by federal health authorities, testify.

On May 30, 2018, President Donald Trump signed the Right to Try Act, a bill creating a uniform system for terminally ill patients seeking access to experimental treatments.

In other words, this law allows any terminally ill person to request to have recourse to a treatment not validated by the FDA in order to try to cure himself.

Doctors who prescribe such treatments would be covered by the law.

This law could have had an impact in the context of the coronavirus crisis, but it is aimed at people who are terminally ill. The hydroxychoroquine + azithromycin treatment could therefore only have been requested by people at the end of their life. However, it is precisely at this stage that the treatment is no longer effective.

This law nevertheless represents a fundamental step forward in the fight led by Trump against the lobbies of the pharmaceutical industry and it is also a law of hope for the future. If we are to believe his increasingly regular references, there are revolutionary treatments lying dormant in the boxes of researchers ...

Ocean

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
"So I have a lot of enemies out there. This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while. A lot of very, very rich enemies, but they are not happy with what I’m doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it, and no other President is going to do what I do. No other President would do a favored nations, a rebate, a buy from other nations at much less cost. Nobody. And there are a lot of unhappy people, and they’re very rich people, and they’re very unhappy."

He's NOT saying that he has so many enemies that he's going into hiding.
He's saying THIS: "Since I probably won't be here to talk to you in person for a while, I'm giving you the straight dope, out of my own mouth. My enemies are rich and angry. I'm having an impact."

BUT. He chose to say in a way that was confusing. He put his enemies on notice, AND he made his supporters oppose his enemies even more. Absolutely brilliant tactic. Seemingly off the cuff. Trump NEVER speaks off the cuff. He PRETENDS to.

He always seems distracted, as if he's not listening, and he's says bizarre things. And then you realize that he MISSED NOTHING, and everything he said was significant. It's an incredible performance.

c.a.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-11 Watch The Moment Secret Service Shoots Gun-Toting Man Outside White House.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-11 Watch The Moment Secret Service Shoots Gun-Toting Man Outside White House.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom