Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Remarks by President Trump at Whirlpool Corporation Manufacturing Plant

"This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while"

We’re reasserting American economic independence. And I’ve been doing that from the first day I came into office. To this end, a short time ago, I signed the new executive order to ensure that when it comes to essential medicines, we buy American. (Applause.)

The executive order will require that U.S. government agencies purchase all essential medicines that we need from American sources. The executive order will also sweep away unnecessary regulatory barriers to domestic pharmaceutical production and support advanced manufacturing processes that will keep our drug prices low and allow American companies to compete on the world stage. We’ll be able to compete on the world stage, but we’re now going to have the lowest prices, as opposed to, by far, the highest prices.

I have people that I know that go to Canada — they go to Canada to buy drugs. To buy prescription drugs, they go there because the price is so much lower than the United States. And yet, it’s made by the same company, often in the same plant. It’s a disgrace. And the politicians allowed this to happen for many, many decades.

You have people called “middlemen.” I don’t know who the middlemen are. I don’t know. They never say “middlewomen,” so they’re politically not correct. (Laughter.) But I’ve heard the term “middlemen” for a long time. They are so wealthy. They are so wealthy. Nobody has any idea who the hell they are or what they do. They make more money than the drug companies. You know, in all fairness, at least the drug companies have to produce a product, and it has to be good product. But the middlemen — well, the rebate that I’m doing cuts out the middlemen, and it reduces costs, and the money goes back to the people purchasing the drugs.

So I have a lot of enemies out there. This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while. A lot of very, very rich enemies, but they are not happy with what I’m doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it, and no other President is going to do what I do. No other President would do a favored nations, a rebate, a buy from other nations at much less cost. Nobody. And there are a lot of unhappy people, and they’re very rich people, and they’re very unhappy.

Trump vs. Big Pharma - The Right to Try Act
Excerpt from Donald Trump's speech, June 26, 2019, to the Faith & Freedom Coalition, a conservative non-profit organization.

He has Natalie Harp, a young woman with terminal cancer who has received the Right to Try, the right to try therapy not validated by federal health authorities, testify.

On May 30, 2018, President Donald Trump signed the Right to Try Act, a bill creating a uniform system for terminally ill patients seeking access to experimental treatments.

In other words, this law allows any terminally ill person to request to have recourse to a treatment not validated by the FDA in order to try to cure himself.

Doctors who prescribe such treatments would be covered by the law.

This law could have had an impact in the context of the coronavirus crisis, but it is aimed at people who are terminally ill. The hydroxychoroquine + azithromycin treatment could therefore only have been requested by people at the end of their life. However, it is precisely at this stage that the treatment is no longer effective.

This law nevertheless represents a fundamental step forward in the fight led by Trump against the lobbies of the pharmaceutical industry and it is also a law of hope for the future. If we are to believe his increasingly regular references, there are revolutionary treatments lying dormant in the boxes of researchers ...

"So I have a lot of enemies out there. This may be the last time you’ll see me for a while. A lot of very, very rich enemies, but they are not happy with what I’m doing. But I figure we have one chance to do it, and no other President is going to do what I do. No other President would do a favored nations, a rebate, a buy from other nations at much less cost. Nobody. And there are a lot of unhappy people, and they’re very rich people, and they’re very unhappy."

He's NOT saying that he has so many enemies that he's going into hiding.
He's saying THIS: "Since I probably won't be here to talk to you in person for a while, I'm giving you the straight dope, out of my own mouth. My enemies are rich and angry. I'm having an impact."

BUT. He chose to say in a way that was confusing. He put his enemies on notice, AND he made his supporters oppose his enemies even more. Absolutely brilliant tactic. Seemingly off the cuff. Trump NEVER speaks off the cuff. He PRETENDS to.

He always seems distracted, as if he's not listening, and he's says bizarre things. And then you realize that he MISSED NOTHING, and everything he said was significant. It's an incredible performance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-11 Watch The Moment Secret Service Shoots Gun-Toting Man Outside White House.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-11 Watch The Moment Secret Service Shoots Gun-Toting Man Outside White House.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 5
Perimeter set up outside the White House, Secret Service not allowing anyone past 18th and Pennsylvania

Just a tad off topic, l heard that Antifa and other dissident groups are planning a 50 day protest at the white house on September 17th. They plan to occupy the white house and the mayor of DC is said to be fine with them doing so. Their base will be in the Lafayette square park? Hmmm, well if that's allowed say so long to all the historic statuary located there. . . personally l think this will be the last straw for those that have been silent up to this point. If it isn't the last straw l will certainly be dumb founded by it all.

Back
Top Bottom