Translation chapter 26 of The Wave.

OrangeScorpion

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm translating chapter 26 of The Wave.

I´m unable to translate the following phrases into Spanish. Any help?

Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents?

Changes will follow turmoil be patient.

Estoy traduciendo el capítulo 26 de La Onda.

Soy incapaz de traducir las siguientes frases al español.

Lo siguiente es la traducción más coherente que he conseguido y no estoy nada seguro. ¿Alguna ayuda?

Q: (L) ¿Las tarjetas de crédito representan el trabajo de lo que es el 666?

Los cambios seguirán a los disturbios, sé paciente.

OrangeScorpion said:
I'm translating chapter 26 of The Wave.

I´m unable to translate the following phrases into Spanish. Any help?

Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents?

Changes will follow turmoil be patient.

Estoy traduciendo el capítulo 26 de La Onda.

Soy incapaz de traducir las siguientes frases al español.

Lo siguiente es la traducción más coherente que he conseguido y no estoy nada seguro. ¿Alguna ayuda?

Q: (L) ¿Las tarjetas de crédito representan el trabajo de lo que es el 666?

Los cambios seguirán a los disturbios, sé paciente.

Podria ser : "Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents? " Son las tarjetas de credito el trabajo de lo que el 666 representa?

"A: Changes will follow turmoil be patient." Del disturbio seguiran los cambios, se paciente.

:knitting:

Or:

Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents? "

"Son las targetas de credito lo que el 666 representa??"

"A: Changes will follow turmoil be patient."

"Los cambios seguiran al disturbio, se paciente"

En mi opinion al traducirlo hay que darle quiza otra redaccion, no me refiero a otra completamente diferente, pero quiza sutil. Como en las peliculas subtituladas, no dice exactamente lo mismo, pero te da a entender el punto. Una simple sugerencia. Y gracias por el trabajo que haces, ya que hay algunos que conosco que se les complica demasiado leer en ingles.

Our translation group exists for this type of questions, OrangeScorpion. I don't think you are a member yet. Would you like to join us?

If you decide to translate something, which is great, always please consult with the translators' group. Someone else is working on The Wave, so your work may be a "double" and therefore not really useful. There is so much to be translated that we always try network about it, so as to be able to be as productive as possible.

Thanks. :)

Hola Ailén!

Supongo que este foro en español es para dudas sobre la traducción de textos del foro Cassiopaea y no para otros textos. Los capítulos de La Onda no pertenecen a este foro. Perdona el mal entendido.

Hasta ahora no se me había ocurrido participar en el grupo de traducciones porque no sé inglés. Mis traducciones no son de calidad, me atrevería a decir que son un poco malas. Pero a mí me valen. No sé si mis traducciones les valdrán a los demás.

Por otro lado, pienso que más vale una traducción pobre que ninguna traducción. Yo tengo la intención de traducir en los próximos meses no sólo toda la serie de “La Onda”, sino también la serie de “Las aventuras con los casiopeos” ja, ja… seguramente peco de ingenuo y pongo el listón muy alto, pero me paso el día traduciendo textos de este foro y creo que sería más provechoso dedicar este tiempo a traducir las series que te he mencionado.

Sé que el grupo de traducción tiene mucho trabajo y que la prioridad son los artículos de SOTT. Quizás mi ayuda pueda ser de utilidad, ya que yo voy a hacer estás traducciones de todas maneras. Depende del nivel de traducción que se necesite, porque repito que mi nivel de inglés es muy básico.

Me gustaría saber cómo ponerme en contacto con el grupo de traducciones. Y muchas gracias por tu atención!!!

Hi Ailén!

I guess this Spanish forum is for questions about the translation of texts Cassiopaea Forum and not for other texts. The chapters of The Wave does not belong to this forum. Sorry the misunderstanding.

Until now I never thought of participating in the group of translations because I do not know English. My translations are not of quality, I would say they are a bit bad. But was worth for me. I do not know if my translations are worth to others.

On the other hand, I think a poor translation is better than no translation. I have the intention to translate in the coming months not only the whole series of "The Wave", but also the series "The Adventures with the C's”… ja, ja ... surely I sin of naive and I put the bar very high, but I spend my days translating texts of this forum and I think it would be more beneficial to dedicate this time to translate the series that I have mentioned.

I know the translation team has a lot of work and the priority are the articles of SOTT. Perhaps my help can be useful, since I'm going to do these translations anyway. Depends on the level of translation is needed, because I repeat that my English is very basic.

I would like to know how I get in contact with the group of translations. And thank you very much for your attention!!!

Excellent, OrangeScorpion!

In fact, once in the translation group you will see that for proofreading a final time, you don't need to be that good at English.

There is a lot that has already been translated and proofread once (checking that the exact meaning was kept), but that needs a thorough second proofreading to make the text flow well in Spanish. That is the case for the Wave Series for example. So, your time and energy would be much better used if you help with that instead of translating a text that is difficult for you to understand in the beginning.

I've sent you an invitation to join the group. Once there, please send an intro post, so that everyone knows you are there and can help you get started.

Thanks!!

Si no es necesario un gran nivel de inglés podéis contar también conmigo. Al igual que Orange, voy traduciendo para mí algunos textos, también del Glosario Cassiopaea, el cual creo que se merece estar en español por su riqueza de contenido. Así que si puedo ser de ayuda, contad conmigo para lo que necesitéis.

If you do not need a high level of English you can count with me. Al Like Orange, I'll translate for me some texts also Glossary Cassiopaea, which I think deserves to be in Spanish for its wealth of content. So if I can be of assistance, count on me for what you need.

;) Tambien no seria muy mala idea un curso de ingles, y poco a poco van mejorando mientras lo leen y lo escriben.

Sería muy BUENA idea, tomo nota. De momento, ya he sacado los apuntes de mi época de estudiante. Sin duda, hace unos años tenía más control del inglés que ahora. Necesito aprender de nuevo el reporter speech, la pasiva, subjuntivo, verbos modales etc, etc… porque no me acuerdo de NADA. Sin el traductor de Google estoy muerto :cry:

It would be a GOOD idea, take note. For now, I have taken the notes of my student time. No doubt a few years ago I had more control the English than now. I need to relearn the reporter speech, passive, subjunctive, modal verbs etc, etc ... because I don't remember ANYTHING. Without the Google translator I'm dead :cry:

Álvaro, I sent you an invitation too to join the group. Thanks!

As for English lessons, you will see that we have some members (Native English Speakers) who usually help us with comprehension problems. And in the next few days Shellycheval will be joining us too. She is an English teacher and has volunteered to help us too. So, yes, you will learn a lot that way :D.

Si gustan yo tambien puedo ayudar, solo espero la exigencia no sea muy alta :lol: a vecez no me alcanza todo el dia.

cubbex said:
Si gustan yo tambien puedo ayudar, solo espero la exigencia no sea muy alta :lol: a vecez no me alcanza todo el dia.

Invitation sent, thanks. To you all : please read this thread, so that you know a bit better what we do.

See you in the group!

Back
Top Bottom