Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

From Russia's foreign ministry:

🎙 Statement by Permanent Representative of Russia to the United Nations Vassily #Nebenzia at #UN Security Council open debate "Conflict and food security"

🔸 Present-day political culture of Western states is best characterized by a striving to blame Russia for everything. After we started a special military operation in Ukraine, the allegations against Moscow have made a “quantum leap”. Among them, allegations related to food security assumed a leading role.

🔸 We regret that our colleagues, Western #UNSC members, did not have enough courage to comment on the root causes of food and other crises in such states as Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria.

🔸 Truth is that you got too carried away by your fruitless efforts to “break the backbone” of Russian economy and isolate our country at any cost. What I am speaking about is that in your proxy war with Russia in Ukraine, you are literally holding the whole developing world as hostage, driving it towards famine. Whatever you may be saying, it is you and only you who can change this.

❗️ Nevertheless, let me assure you that Russia remains a responsible supplier of both food and energy.

👉 I will appreciate if our Western colleagues, first of all the United States and the European Union, today publicly refute this “food for weapons” version which many experts stick to. Also, I invite them to explain how these deliveries actually contribute to global food security that you claim to be so concerned about.

Full statement

Scott Ritter fans, more than 6 hours, which I've started watching. He makes so much sense, talking about the political aims of the Russian military, as well as the military aims. I won't summarize the whole 6 hours, but the first half hour I've watched is absolutely rivetting analysis.

Azov Surrender in Mariupol: Scott Ritter and Richard Medhurst

Zelensky has outlawed all but the Right Sector, Nazi party in Ukraine. Ukraine is de facto a Nazi state.

He says Russia is going at the pace it needs to to 'slaughter' Ukrainian troups with the least loss to themselves.

He questions whether Nato will survive this conflict, or if the EU will survive.

Ukraine seems to have embraced the notion of sacrificing life for time. They bought time. They have strategic depth that they didn't have before. Troups being trained in surrounding countries on new weaponry by NATO. Ukraine has a long-range plan to reconstitute their military, into a better military.

Poland supplying great quantities of oil and gas to Ukraine.

This doesn't mean Russia will lose, it's just a whole different game.

Time is not the friend of Russia.

It doesn't mean Russia is failing.

I watched this explosive interview yesterday of Stew Peter being interview by RT. He certainly is having a rant session, but IMO, lots of truth bombs exploded,

On Thursday, the People's Bullhorn, Stew Peters, joined RT International to discuss the direct demonic repercussions of the recently approved $40 billion weapons package for the cannibal neo-Nazis in Ukraine. Even Vladimir Putin may be shocked by this interview, but not due to the stalwart showing of Christian, patriot, and American father, Stew, but rather, the nervous response by RT's host to the discussion of the 2020 coup, pedophile politicians, and Satan, the eternal loser.

Scott Ritter fans, more than 6 hours, which I've started watching. He makes so much sense, talking about the political aims of the Russian military, as well as the military aims. I won't summarize the whole 6 hours, but the first half hour I've watched is absolutely rivetting analysis.

Azov Surrender in Mariupol: Scott Ritter and Richard Medhurst

Zelensky has outlawed all but the Right Sector, Nazi party in Ukraine. Ukraine is de facto a Nazi state.

He says Russia is going at the pace it needs to to 'slaughter' Ukrainian troups with the least loss to themselves.

He questions whether Nato will survive this conflict, or if the EU will survive.

Ukraine seems to have embraced the notion of sacrificing life for time. They bought time. They have strategic depth that they didn't have before. Troups being trained in surrounding countries on new weaponry by NATO. Ukraine has a long-range plan to reconstitute their military, into a better military.

Poland supplying great quantities of oil and gas to Ukraine.

This doesn't mean Russia will lose, it's just a whole different game.

Time is not the friend of Russia.

It doesn't mean Russia is failing.

Regarding Scott Ritter's analysis (it's a whole different game, due to new weapons, funds, and energy supplies), there are a few quite well-informed commentators who disagree.

Andrei Martyanov:

Or, what could be termed as "what Scott missed." I still deeply respect Scott's position and his courage but my disagreement with his recent statement on SMO is of a purely technical nature. Let me explain. Here is a simple operational truism since 1980s: if I see you (target), I will destroy you. And here is where Scott might have missed some points which I make all the time for years and which explain why his assertion that some US "technology" and money (most of them will be stolen and laundered inside the US) have very little impact, if any on SMO. Here is this fact: there are ONLY two countries which have a state-of-the-art ISR complex, from satellites in space to massive optronic and signal intel. Right, these are US and Russia.

For American person, especially the one who remembered Russia in 1990s it is sometimes inconceivable to grasp a simple fact that Russia has in many respects a real time situational awareness of not only of the whole battlefield but the whole theater. As recent VSU "counter-attack" in Zaporozhie has shown or, as today released video, Russians know exactly where those much-touted, in reality making no difference whatsoever, US M-777 howitzers are, what they are up to and Russians blow them apart (in Russian). These are just two examples out of very many of SMO being largely not only situationally but tactically aware. All this because Russia was into the game of cutting edge recon and intel much earlier than the US. Recall this? Modern Russian ISR is cutting edge and I spoke at length on the issues of such things as legacy MKRTz Legenda or newest Liana, but those two are just a few tools in the vast arsenal of Russian recon and targeting complex--NO other nation with the exception of the US has anything comparable.

That is why when I hear that some piece of metal and a pile of increasingly diminishing US Dollars are going to make any real tactical, operational, let alone strategic difference in 404, other than being blown up or taken as trophies, I smile. Even LDNR people today complain (in Russian) that most of the US equipment when even not-expired and up to date, often doesn't work and breaks down. I know, for true American patriot such as Scott it is difficult to accept this fact but in the last 20 years it goes without saying that institutional rot completely engulfed America's strategic and operational thought and, and I wrote three books on that, US increasingly produced weapons which like Javelins or Littoral Combat Ships, or F-35 or Patriot PAC 3s are not really suited for a serious war against competent enemy who, in addition, like Russia, has all means to see the enemy and destroy it.

Larry Johnson:

Scott Ritter created a bit of a stir over the weekend with a comment suggesting the Russians have fumbled the ball and set themselves up for Stalingrad like victory (i.e., a long and bloody struggle).

Just because the Russians are pulling punches to avoid killing civilians and destroying infrastructure key for civilian survival does not mean they are ignoring the threat. For example, Andrei notes that the Russians waited for the towed howitzers to get into position before blowing them up.

I really am shocked that Scott got this so wrong. First, the US and NATO are not sending the most advanced, most sophisticated equipment to Ukraine. The M-777 howitzer, for example, is a good piece of towed artillery (it came into service in 2005). There is the problem–it requires a vehicle to tow it into position. When it is fired it must be towed to a new location to minimize the risk of counter battery fire. America and NATO have more advanced howitzers that are self-propelled. They are not sending those to Ukraine.

The equipment sent to Ukraine is basically surplus that the United States and NATO are not using. I believe in following the money. I think this is just a convenient pretext to get rid of old weapons systems in order to justify new spending on the latest, greatest.

Second, Russia has made and continues to make missile strikes on bases and weapons depots.
It is not an occasional strike, it is repeated and regular. Remember Yavoriv?

"The Yavoriv military base attack was an attack on the Yavoriv military base that occurred on 13 March 2022 as part of the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022. The base is located near the city of Yavoriv, Lviv Oblast. According to Ukrainian officials, the military facility was hit by 30 Russian missiles, killing 35 soldiers and injuring 134 others."

This was not a one off attack. The Russians have struck all across Ukraine. I noted in my last piece that Desna, a Ukrainian base, was one of the latest targets. The Russians also hit Lviv, Vinnitsa and Sumy. There is no sign the Russians are running out of missiles, rockets and artillery rounds.

Third, who the hell is going to operate the stuff the west is sending? We are not seeing hordes of Ukrainian young men lining up to join the national defense. Instead, Ukrainian authorities are rounding up middle aged guys forcing them into the army. Many of these “new” recruits are on video complaining that they are nothing more than cattle fodder. Then there is the training component. Teaching a soldier how to operate and maintain a new weapon system is not a one day affair. This further complicates Ukraine’s ability to stay in the fight.

New weaponry makes no difference (it just gets destroyed, or doesn't work properly, or the combatants don't know how to use it, or it would take too long to train them, and it is inferior to Russian technology).

New troops makes no difference, because Ukraine has lost control of the theatre of operations. Even if they could move freely around Ukraine (which is looking doubtful), where are all the new troops (poorly trained middle aged guys and teenagers) going to go? Everywhere they go they will meet battle-hardened Russian Forces, with total air dominance. Even if new troops arrive at the Operational Cauldron in Donbas - they will not make a difference in the outcome.

As for Polish oil and gas - what use is more energy supply if your military is losing personnel and morale, vehicles, depots and supply lines at a rapid rate, facing a vastly superior opponent (in terms of training, weapons and re-supply capabilities) who controls the whole theatre?

The main point that I've come to realize here is that the Pentagon, who is basically running the operation in Ukraine, lost the war very quickly. Perhaps by design, perhaps not. I think the Pentagon were quite possibly counting on more of their chemical/biological weapons systems to be made use of in this conflict, because asymmetric weapons and fanatical insurgents and dirty tricks is pretty much the only military reality of the Pentagon against another great power. Their only other tactic, already discussed at length, is massive air strikes with high civilian casualties. This all speaks to what could be said to be a deep problem at the level of their Operational and Strategic planning.

As I've been learning, the 'Operational Arts', developed by Nazi Germany (Operationkunst) and Soviet Russia (Operativnoye Iskusstvo), is where a war between two more or less equally matched major powers is won and lost - on the level of information. It is said to be the 'business management' of war, with the plans known only to the highest security clearance personnel in the military. One can extrapolate from the mental/moral/financial corruption in the West how the 'business management' of war would be filled with pathocrats who are filled with sound and fury, but don't actually know how to conduct a real military operation against a formidable adversary. As Martyanov writes above, there is institutional rot at the heart of the AMIC, and has been for years.

What opened my eyes to the importance of this leadership structure in war (which Ukraine lacks) - aside from reading and watching more war films - is the following docuseries on the Great Patriotic War, aired on Russian TV.

It focuses on 'big arrow war', or the Operational and Strategic levels of the history of the conflict. There are quotes and vignettes featuring known characters, Zhukov and Mannstein, Hitler and Stalin among them, with some politics and signing of treaties, CGI animations of battle, grainy old photographs and film, a fascinating discussion of different types weaponry developed in response to enemy innovations, many, many maps, and also the way in which the battle tactics changed as command and control learned from past mistakes. Being entirely uneducated about the matter, I found it to be an excellent overall picture of the War in the East for beginners.

I saw several articles this morning (in basically the MSM) that were starting to speak of Russian advancements and spoke of the Mariupol stand off as a surrender of the Ukrainians. Well, what this? I thought.

Then this comes out:

"Top US and Russian generals spoke for the first time since the invasion of Ukraine in February, with the Pentagon confirming a phone call between Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley and Russia's Chief of General Staff Valery Gerasimov."

"The military leaders discussed several security-related issues of concern and agreed to keep the lines of communication open," a US Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesperson said. "In accordance with past practice, the specific details of their conversation will be kept private,"

* "the specific details of their conversation will be kept private,"

"As news broke that Generals Milley and Gerasimov had a phone call, I asked #NATO's top military commander Gen Tod Wolters for his reaction."

"It's my hope we will be one step closer to a diplomatic solution," he said. pic.twitter.com/IYKRO8toUn

— Teri Schultz (@terischultz) May 19, 2022

(Me, Adobe writing-I wonder if perhaps high-ranking US, UK, and Canadian prisoners has anything to do with this?)

"The military leaders discussed several security-related issues of concern and agreed to keep the lines of communication open," a US Joint Chiefs of Staff spokesperson said. "In accordance with past practice, the specific details of their conversation will be kept private,"

(Me, Adobe writing-I wonder if perhaps high-ranking US, UK, and Canadian prisoners has anything to do with this?)

Personally, it's irrrelevant where those so-called high-ranking prisoners are from. They trained (ie aided and abetted) the Azov scum in urban warfare/war crimes (using civilians as shields, terrorizing them [murder, rape, torture]). If they were in Azovstal with the Azov, then one can safely say they were engaging in combat against Russian forces as well, which makes them mercenaries, hence legally defined as war criminals.
They should definitely be shown no mercy or special treatment. Common thugs and criminals no less. They should be given the most severe punishment that is legally possible.:mad:

Let's see if this news is confirmed

A US GENERAL SURRENDERED FROM THE BASEMENTS OF AZOVSTAL. THE SOURCE GAVE A NAME
The source reported that US General Eric Olson, British Lieutenant Colonel John Bailey and four NATO military instructors surrendered from the basements of Azovstal.

There is a message on the Web that high-ranking foreign officers surrendered from the basements of Azovstal. Among them are US General Eric Olson, as well as British Lieutenant Colonel John Bailey and four other NATO military instructors.

However, the information has not yet been officially confirmed by the Russian Defense Ministry or the DPR command and is still considered controversial. It is voiced by the source.

Earlier, one of the commanders of marines who surrendered from Azovstal with the call sign "Volyna" confirmed that there are foreigners in the AFU, but allegedly does not know about the commanders among them.

Eyewitnesses among civilians previously evacuated from the basements of Azovstal said that there is a general among the Ukrainian military. But the name was not called. Information about the Canadian General Trevor Cadier also passed through the sources. It is known that he aimed for the chair of the commander-in-chief of the Canadian Armed Forces, but got into a sex scandal and was forced to resign. According to analysts, the story of the scandalous resignation is a cover for sending the general to help the Ukrainian Nazis.

Meanwhile, the headquarters of the DPR TERO reports that the "Azovstal metal plant" has been completely cleared of Ukrainian militants."

Over the past day, 514 Ukrainian militants surrendered from the territory of the Azovstal metallurgical plant in Mariupol," the headquarters said. - The number of Ukrainian militants captured on the territory of the metal plant has reached 2,425 people.
Из подвалов "Азовстали" в плен сдался генерал США. Источник назвал имя

What a picturesque pretzel! And this one is without a doubt, as in the case of the American general. He was smart enough to stay alive after what he said. I am now interested in his personal fate in the context of whether he will survive Salman Raduev or not. For those who don't know. Salman Raduyev was a field commander and son-in-law of Dzhokhar Dudayev, the first president of independent Ichkeria. On this basis, he considered himself the heir to Dudayev's power. Caught, tried, got a life sentence for terrorism. He lived in prison for less than a year, and when he died, the cause of death was called some kind of "funny", like he fell off a bunk - hit his head or something like that. Although in his case, it really could have been the cause of death. He was wounded several times in his short life, including in the head. I remember that at that time they wrote that his skull was assembled in Germany using titanium plates.

Among those who surrendered at Azovstal, an Azov militant was identified who threatened to kill Ramzan Kadyrov and his family
Today, 13:35

After the surrender of the militants, identification is being carried out at the Azovstal plant in Mariupol. Among other things, very odious persons are identified already at the first conversations during a personal search. So, it became known about the surrender of the Azov militant (* banned in the Russian Federation) David Kasatkin, a native of Mariupol born in 1996. Kasatkin called himself a lieutenant, a platoon commander in / h 3057. This part is the very "separate special purpose detachment "Azov", the name of which the vast majority of those who capitulated do not find the courage to pronounce.

D. Kasatkin made himself known during the Russian special military operation to liberate Mariupol. He wrote down an appeal to the head of the Chechen Republic, Ramzan Kadyrov, where, to put it mildly, in a non-literary form, he promised to settle scores with him and dishonor the women from his family.

Being in the quarters of Mariupol during the battles for the city, Kasatkin, along with his platoon, hid in residential quarters, behind civilians, from where he fired at the troops of the DPR and the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. After that, he filmed "reports" about how "Russian troops are firing at residential buildings."

Conversation during a personal search:

What beautiful tattoos do you have?

The fighter "Azov":

Yes, good…

"Kill them all." Who are you going to kill all of them?

Kasatkin:

These are the words of Tsar Leonid: Kill everyone, take everything away.

On Kasatkin's body, they also found a large tattoo in the form of the head of a cloven-hoofed symbol of Satanists. Such tattoos of different sizes are stuffed on the skin of many militants of the Nazi armed formations of Ukraine.

Video from military commander Andrey Rudenko:
https://topwar.ru/196608-sredi-sdav...eme.html?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop

Какой живописный крендель! И уж этот то без сомнений, как в случае с американским генералом. Хватило же ума у него остаться в живых после того, что он говорил. Мне вот интересна теперь его персональная судьба в разрезе того, переживет ли он Салмана Радуева или нет. Для тех, кто не знает. Салман Радуев был полевым командиром и зятем Джохара Дудаева, первого президента "независимой ичкерии". На этом основании сам себя считал наследником власти Дудаева. Поймали, судили, получил пожизненный срок за терроризм. В тюрьме прожил меньше года, причем когда умер, то причину смерти называли какую то "смешную", типа упал с нар- ударился головой или что то в этом роде. Хотя в его случае это действительно могло явиться причиной смерти. Он за свою короткую жизнь был несколько раз ранен, в том числе и в голову. Я помню, что тогда писали, что ему череп собирали в Германии с использованием титановых пластин.

'Late Friday Russia's Defense Ministry announced that the last Ukrainian fighters holed up in the giant Azovstal steelworks plant emerged, days after there were reports that top Azov commanders still holding out.'

'The ministry said it counted 2,439 defenders had emerged and surrendered over the past few days. The final holdout group that was last to come out was tallied at 531. The Russian military's now total control over the sprawling plant and city of Mariupol is considered the be its greatest victory over three months of war.'

''Russia announced that "The territory of the Azovstal metallurgical plant … has been completely liberated." Further, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu informed President Putin of the city's complete 'liberation'."

"Though there's been little in the way of confirmation, Russia's Channel One correspondent Irina Kuksenkova said that Azov leaders Denys Prokopenko, Sviatoslav Palamar and Serhiy "Volyna" (Ukrainian Marine commander) have now all surrendered."

"A number of Ukraine war observers have noted that there's yet to be visual proof or confirmation, including video, of Prokopenko's arrest by Russian forces. Additionally there's speculation he may still be in the plant, or seeking to escape past Russian lines."

"Whatever your views on Ukraine, the war and the US role: it's just amazing that the Western press -- which spent a full decade in unison calling the Azov Battalion neo-Nazi fanatics -- now speak of them in admiring terms and will only say that their Nazism is a "Russian claim." https://t.co/izx0ssgdyg

— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) May 20, 2022

"Kiev has yet to confirm whether or not Prokopenko and others are now in Russian detention."

This is a bit off topic, but related to the (incoming) turmoil in Europe and the fact that it makes me think of Putin. It's about a recent speech of Victor Orban and I have to admit that what he said is great, I give him 12 points ! 😅

The article is in french, here's the link :

And here's the english (auto) translation :

Viktor Orban's twelve tips for political success for right-wingers around the world

In his opening speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Budapest this morning, Prime Minister Orbán outlined the 12 points that conservatives around the world should consider if they want to succeed politically.

Addressing a crowd of international conservative opinion leaders this morning in Budapest at the CPAC, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said that after the parliamentary elections on 3 April, we can safely conclude that Christian conservatism has prevailed in Hungary. Focusing on the concrete steps he recommends conservatives around the world to take if they want to succeed, Prime Minister Orbán outlined his 12-point recipe.

"The first point," Orbán began, "is that we must play by our own rules. According to him, one can only win if one does not accept the solutions and directions proposed by others. "That is why we must not be discouraged by being shouted at, called unfit or called troublemakers abroad. In fact, it is suspicious that none of this is happening. Note that anyone who plays by the rules of his opponents will certainly lose," said Prime Minister Orbán.

Turning to the second point of his recipe, Orbán said that national conservatism must be implemented in domestic politics. "The cause of the nation is not a matter of ideology, nor even of tradition. Churches and families must be supported, because they are the building blocks of a nation. This also means staying on the side of the electorate," he said. According to the prime minister, his government decided to build a fence on Hungary's southern border because Hungarians said they did not want to live with illegal migrants. "They said: Viktor, build a wall. And three months later, the wall was up. The secret of all this is not to think about it too much," the prime minister said.

The third point is to keep the national interest at the centre of foreign policy. "Progressives have always believed that foreign policy is a battle of ideologies, a battle of good and evil, where the course of history is decided. But as far as I can see, my dear friends, there have been at least four of these great battles in the last 100 years. Something is wrong with the formula. Our answer should be a simple and clear antithesis to the progressives. Hungary first, America first. We need an interest-based foreign policy. This is not always easy, because foreign policy is often a complicated world," the Prime Minister said.

"The fourth point," he continued, "is that we need the media, because we can only show the folly of the progressive left if we have the media to help us." According to Orbán, left-wing opinion only seems to be in the majority because the media helps them amplify their voices. The problem is that the modern Western media is aligned with left-wing opinion. Those who taught reporters in universities, the Prime Minister added, already professed left-wing progressive principles. "I am well aware of the old ethos of Western democracy that political parties and the press should be separated. That is the way it should be. But, my friends, the Democrats in America, for example, do not abide by these rules. Have you ever tried to count how many media outlets serve the Democratic Party? CNN, the New York Times, and I could go on and on. I wouldn't get to the end, even if we stayed there until tonight.

The fifth point: expose the true intentions of your opponents. According to the Prime Minister, the existence of conservative media is a necessary but not sufficient condition for victory. "You also have to be a taboo breaker," PM Orbán said, adding that "maybe I don't need to explain this to our American friends, because who would be a bigger taboo breaker than President Donald Trump himself."

Point number six concerns the economy. Orbán said that only economic policies that benefit even those who did not vote for you should be pursued. "People want to get ahead in life. If a right-wing government cannot offer that, it is doomed to failure.

"Our seventh point is that you must not be drawn into an extreme. He says that while extremist views keep resurfacing on the right, as well as the left, if we look closely we will find that people don't really want to deal with them. "But my friends, what is the difference between the denial of science by the far right and the denial of biology by the LGBTQ movement? The answer is simple, there is no difference. We must give to God what belongs to God, to the emperor what belongs to the emperor, and to science what belongs to science.

The eighth point is that we must read every day. "I know it sounds strange, I am not a scientist, but the fact is that books are the best way to understand and communicate complex things. And the world is getting more and more complicated, so you have to take the time to understand it. For example, I dedicate one day a week to reading myself.

"The ninth point is that you have to have faith," the Prime Minister said, adding that if someone does not believe in the Last Judgement, they think they can do anything they want. "So their lack of faith is dangerous," Orbán observed.

Point number ten: Make friends. According to the Prime Minister, "our opponents, the progressive liberals and the neo-Marxists, are always united. They support each other. Conservatives, on the other hand, are capable of bickering with each other on the slightest issue, Orbán said. "And then we wonder how our opponents manage to girdle us". "If you want to succeed in politics, never look at where you disagree with another person, but look for where you have common ground.

Turning to the eleventh point of his recipe for Christian Conservative success, Prime Minister Orbán said that building communities was vital. "Friends, I have also learned over the years that there is no conservative political success without well-functioning communities. The fewer communities there are and the more lonely people are, the more voters turn to the Liberals. On the other hand, the more communities we have, the more votes we get. It is as simple as that", said Prime Minister Orbán.

In conclusion, Prime Minister Orbán stated that building political institutions is conducive to success. According to the Prime Minister, while politicians come and go, institutions remain for generations.

"It is institutions that can intellectually renew politics. We need new ideas, new thoughts, new people, again and again, and when they run out, we have no ammunition," Prime Minister Orbán said.

Back
Top Bottom