Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Here you can see what civilians have to put up with for 8 years now in Donbas, under constant fire, threat and harassment from the Ukraine Nazis:

I just love and admire what Patrick Lancaster is doing! Something almost all western "journalists" fail to do. If you keep in mind that you will encounter very graphic and violent scenes in his reports, you should check them out. Lancaster is (literally!) going right up to the front lines together with the Russians, Chechens and Militias of Donbas. Make sure to enable subtitles. I personally don't watch the graphic scenes and just scroll down every time Lancaster encounters something like that, and I just read the subtitles. Lancaster is doing an excellent job among very few other western journalists. Eva Bartlett comes to mind too in that regard.

Last edited:

IN VIDEO: RESIDENTS OF MARIUPOL TELL ABOUT ATROCITIES OF AZOV NATIONALISTS​

Reporter: We are in Bezimienni, behind me is the center for temporary accommodation where today they brought people from the areas adjacent to the Azovstal. People got out along the humanitary corridor, all without exceptions thanking the Army of the Popular Republic of Donetsk and also the Army of the Russian Federation for the help and with horror remembering the days when the Ukrainian Army got into their homes.
Sergey: The Azov Battalion was cruel, I wanted to go and get some water together with my sister. So I walked into the house to fetch a rope. Just a rope, about 18-20 meter long, in order to cut it. I did not open the fridge or any cupboards, just wanted to fetch the rope. They began threatening me of execution.
My sister and her husband were walking in Perestri, they went home, meaning her husband’s house, to take some food in order to eat. Not only they took away their food and stuff, they hit her husband in the ribs with their army boots.
Anatoly: The kitchen was broken, the gas cylinder was broken, the water supply network blasted, no food, what to do? Starve to death? In short, we decided to leave. And so the bullets are flying by, the shells are exploding and we with flags carefully reached here.
Reporter: So you heard the info on the radio and …
Anatoly: On the radio. Yes. Thanks God, at least something, the first radio appeared. We listened to you for a long time, there was also music, so that we could relax somehow, we danced with the kids. The cellar was two by two meters. Stayng ther for 55 days was horrible.
Nadezhda: We were there like flies, because the houses were collapsing and burning. We had already changed several shelters. A bomb burnt our house one of the first days. You see?! We had no idea where to run and what to do. In the second shelter the same thing. A fire. We could hardly get out.
Olga: Grandfather cannot walk at all. One woman without a leg. And all the others are not self-sufficient as well. From the man side there is only one, seventeen year old. And that’s all. Children saved us, they brought us water. The Russian Army. They got us out of there, they helped us. They carried my mother in her wheelchair. I really, really want to say thank You!

Traitors do not end. New "vlasovtsy"? Well, we've dealt with the old ones and we'll deal with the new ones too. Aren't they scared themselves? After all, the whole path and the end of those "Vlasovites" are known. I personally see this as the result of rewriting history and glorifying traitors.

A new nationalist battalion calling itself the "Russian Liberation Army" was spotted in the Donbas
Today, 11:01

A new nationalist unit has been spotted in Ukraine. The servicemen of the so-called Legion "Svoboda" are fighting against Russian troops under the blue and white flag and wear the same chevrons on their sleeves. They call themselves the "new ROA" - the "Russian Liberation Army", hinting at a historical connection with the army of General Vlasov.

Recently, a convoy of trucks under blue and white flags was seen in Mirnograd (formerly Dimitrov), apparently transferring these very "new Vlasovites" to Avdiivka. Mirnograd itself is located 38 km from Avdiivka, where fierce fighting is currently taking place. It is likely that soon the units of the NM DNR operating in this area will face the nationalists.

The creation of the legion "Freedom" under the banner of "ROA" has been reported repeatedly, and at the beginning of April this year it was reported that the nationalist battalion has already been formed. The legion was organized under the control of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of Ukraine, respectively, and it is supervised by Kiev. The distinctive sign of the legion is the flag, which is a blue stripe on a white background. Thus, the creators of the legion seem to show their historical connection with the Russian Liberation Army of Vlasov, which had a flag similar to St. Andrew's - blue or blue cross on a white background.

It is stated that the legion consists exclusively of Russians who have defected to Ukraine. Photos of these "new Vlasovites" are already being distributed online, who are calling on Russian servicemen to join the legion and start demilitarizing Russia together.

We will find out who is actually fighting in this very legion very soon, because it's one thing to yell slogans at the camera, and another to fight. It is worth reminding this parody of the "ROA" that their idols ended very lamentably - General Vlasov was hanged, like most of the traitors who fought on the side of the Nazis.
https://topwar.ru/195735-na-donbass...iej.html?utm_source=yxnews&utm_medium=desktop

Предатели не кончаются. Новые "власовцы"? Ну что ж, со старыми разобрались и с новыми тоже разберемся. Им самим то не страшно ли? Ведь известен весь путь и конец тех "власовцев". Я лично в этом вижу результат переписывания истории и героизацию предателей.

Here you can see what civilians have to put up with for 8 years now in Donbas, under constant fire, threat and harassment from the Ukraine Nazis:

I just love and admire what Patrick Lancaster is doing! Something almost all western "journalists" fail to do. If you keep in mind that you will encounter very graphic and violent scenes in his reports, you should check them out. Lancaster is (literally!) going right up to the front lines together with the Russians, Chechens and Militias of Donbas. Make sure to enable subtitles. I personally don't watch the graphic scenes and just scroll down every time Lancaster encounters something like that, and I just read the subtitles. Lancaster is doing an excellent job among very few other western journalists. Eva Bartlett comes to mind too in that regard.

Incredible stuff. I’ve heard his name around a few sites, but I have been reluctant to actually check out his work until now. Appreciate the share @Cosmos !

By the way, I HIGHLY recommend getting a copy of Alexander Zhuchkovsky’s book “85 Days in Slavyansk”. Peter Nimitz finally had it translated into English, and in my honest opinion, this may be one of the best first hand accounts of the conflict I’ve read yet and I’m still only a third of the way through. Rich with information, I know many of you would appreciate it as well.

85 Days in Slavyansk: Zhuchkovsky, Alexander, Nimitz, Peter: 9798809920278: Amazon.com: Books

Turkey destroys the southern flank of NATO
From Slava on Telegram

According to the Turkish edition of Sabah, the Turkish Air Force refused to participate in the NATO exercises “Meeting of Tigers” in Greece, which will be held from May 9 to 22. True, Athens points out that it was allegedly their main headquarters that canceled the invitation to Ankara "due to the constant violations of Greek air borders by Turkish fighters and the flight over the Greek islands."

But the Turkish side claims that "the host country has prepared such a technical agreement on holding events that was aimed against Turkey." The Greeks refused to change it at the request of Ankara. In response, Turkish aviation literally "tore apart the Greek sky" over the Aegean Sea, carrying out more than 125 unauthorized flights within 24 hours. After that, the Greek Foreign Ministry expressed its protest to Turkey.

This incident has its own background. Even as members of NATO, Greece and Turkey disagree over the rights to the sky and the surface in the Aegean Sea, which is rich in oil and gas. Recently, things have come to the point that the parties have been conducting daily patrols in the airspace around the "disputed" Greek islands, although this has not prevented them from occasionally conducting joint military exercises in the NATO format.

This time the situation has changed dramatically because of the Ukrainian crisis. The fact is that the day before, Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said that "Ankara is striving to maintain stability in the Black Sea" and announced a ban on the presence of NATO allied warships there in order "not to create increased sensitivity in ensuring security."

In this regard, the Hurriyet newspaper specified that Ankara fears the emergence of "military misunderstandings that may be perceived by the conflicting parties as a provocation." At the same time, Turkey stated that it does not share the US plans to create a NATO deployment force in Chernoy with the participation of Romania and Bulgaria, which Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin calls for.

According to Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, "acting by means of diplomacy outside the framework of the Montreux Convention, Turkey is trying to keep NATO allies away from the Black Sea through persuasion." In fact, Ankara forbade the alliance to consider the option of deblocking Mariupol by sea.

Such a policy of Turkey began to cause increased political irritation among its NATO allies, first of all, which was manifested in the way Greece negotiated the conditions for inviting Ankara to participate in the Tiger Meet military exercises.

According to official information from the Turkish side, there is not a single ship belonging to the navies of non-coastal states in the Black Sea now. Recall that earlier the NATO Navy were frequent guests here. According to experts of the Russian International Affairs Council, in 2021, the countries of the alliance sent more than 30 warships through the Bosphorus.

Now, at the insistence of Ankara, NATO has postponed the naval exercises planned in the Black Sea. Italian and British warships were denied passage through the Bosporus. In fact, Ankara is distancing itself from the collective West in the context of the development of the Ukrainian crisis, does not want a conflict between NATO and Russia, and avoids being indirectly drawn into any possible escalation in the Black Sea.

The main thing now is that Turkey does not give in to Washington's pressure and remains committed to the Montreux Convention. As for Russia, whose warships are also banned from passing through the Bosporus, the forces of its fleet in the region, according to military experts, are quite sufficient to ensure the country's security. Back in March, a combined detachment of six ships from the Northern and Baltic fleets arrived in Sevastopol with equipment and marines on board.

I want to highlight the following from the interview, which starts out with a telegram post that Lavrov saw and he describes/reiterates that post which provides very good food for thought. Lavrov followed that up by a joke which made me laugh out loud and perfectly describes and summarizes the situation. I have marked the starting of that section here:

By the way, one of the countries mentioned in the joke is Estonia (the NATO country bordering Russia. Quite closely to Moscow and Saint Petersburg). A country that erects monuments glorifying NAZIS and NAZISM and holds annual gatherings to honor the SS. So it might not be a coincidence that Estonia is a key part of Lavrovs joke.

I forgot to mention an important thing Lavrov mentioned in the above part. He mentions Palestine while recounting that Telegram post and thereby essentially putting what is happening there on par with what happened to Donbas and Ukraine (at least) over the last 8 years and now. He says, „imagine Ukraine is Palestine“. I think it is very likely that Lavrov and co. know what is really going on in the Israel-Palestine conflict. What’s new though is that they would openly talk about it in those terms. Interesting. One could say that it slipped out of Lavrov accidentally, but I would give that a low probability considering Lavrov’s superb abilities in diplomacy. But notice that it is still a layer removed from „Lavrov/Putin/Russia saying it“ since Lavrov just recounts what a Telegram post says while not putting any qualification on it other than saying it is „interesting“. He can plausibly deny that he (and thus Russia) thinks something like that is the case in Palestine. Very clever, Lavrov!

Last edited:
A little video about Finland:

And a comment:
I think this video misses the main reason why Russia hasn't invaded Finland and the main philosophy behind Finnish defense. Finland has made the thought of invading it incredibly costly. Finland can mobilize more than half a million trained soldiers from a population of 5,5 million. Every building above a certain size has a bomb shelter. Every bridge is designed with slots that make destroying them with explosives easy. Finland has prepared for an invasion since the second world war and has enough guns to hand every willing person a East-German AK and tell them to camp in the forest.

And what would Russia gain from invading Finland? Finland has little natural resources, there are only a few million people and Finland's location is not that strategically useful all things considered. The main philosophy behind Finnish deference is a cost benefit analysis. What would a potential invader gain and what would it cost?

The reason behind the move towards NATO is partly fear yes, but also the benefit of remaining neutral is not that great to Finland anymore. During the cold war Finland benefited from being able to trade with both east and west but now that Finland is in the EU Finland has to follow the EU sanctions. It is impossible to sit on the fence anymore.

80 CIVILIANS EVACUATED FROM AZOVSTAL IN MARIUPOL (VIDEOS)​

Support SouthFrontPDF Download
80 Civilians Evacuated From Azovstal In Mariupol (Videos)
Click to see full-size image
So far, 80 civilians, including women and children, who were held hostage by Ukrainian nationalists, have been evacuated from the territory of the Azovstal plant in Mariupol.
Om May 1, another humanitarian corridor for the safe evacuation of civilians was provided by units of the Russian Armed Forces and the People’s Militia of the Donetsk People’s Republic. Representatives of the UN and the Red Cross were also involved in the operation.

Earlier, the first 45 civilians reportedly left the Azovstal facilities on April 30. Another group of dozens of civilians was evacuated on May 1.
All the civilians were transferred to the village of Bezymennoye, where they were provided with accommodation, food and the necessary medical care.
They have already confirmed that they were not aware of any humanitarian corridors provided by Russian forces and that they were threatened by Ukrainian militants. Azov fighters assured the civilians that they would be killed if they leave Azovstal.
In a video provided by Azov sources, Ukrainian nationalists who have held civilians hostage for months demonstrate their flaunty support and polite attitude towards babies, women and the elderly.

The Russian Ministry of Defence reported that civilians evacuated by Russian servicemen from the Azovstal plant who wished to leave for areas controlled by the Kiev regime were handed over to representatives of the UN and the International Committee of the Red Cross.

See how "cruelly" Russia treated German captured soldiers in 1945.

There is a statement in this British presentation is chilling and interesting.

"This in the east of Europe compares with what British and Americans are doing to German armies in the west, imaging for yourself what would you be doing today if Germans had march here victoriously in Moscow and in your own city or town or village make up your mind now . the Germany shall never be given the chance to try again and sweep your streets as they swept the streets of Moscow".

I wonder if they travelled on the same plane?

RT:

Angelina Jolie visits western Ukraine

The Hollywood actress and UN goodwill ambassador met fans and refugees in the city of Lviv

Apr. 30, 2022

Angelina Jolie was seen on the streets of Lviv in western Ukraine on Saturday, where she spoke to fans in a coffee shop and met people displaced by the country’s ongoing conflict with Russia. Jolie has worked as a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Refugee Agency for many years, but is reportedly in Ukraine on a personal trip.

Jolie was spotted signing autographs in a cafe and meeting refugees at a railway station. A spokesperson for the actress added that she also visited orphaned and displaced children at a hospital, ITV reported.

Jolie and her entourage were seen running during an air raid alert at one moment, even though no missile strikes were reported in Lviv on Saturday. Situated within western Ukraine, just 70 kilometers from the Polish border, Lviv has been spared the intense fighting seen in eastern and southern Ukraine.

Russia has launched a number of missile strikes in the area, however. A military installation in the city was hit earlier this month, and a training center hosting foreign ‘mercenaries’ some 30 kilometers away was struck in March.

Although Jolie has worked with the UN Refugee Agency for years as an envoy, her spokesperson said that the trip to Ukraine was a “private humanitarian fact-finding mission focused on the needs of children.” During the height of the Syrian Civil War in 2013, Jolie made a similar trip to meet Syrian refugees in Lebanon, and in 2018 met groups of the displaced in Jordan and Iraq.

Her visit to Lviv came days after UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres traveled to Kiev to meet Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Pelosi makes surprise visit to Kiev

The US will be there for Ukraine until the fight with Russia is “done,” the House speaker vowed

May 1, 2022

US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has paid a surprise visit to Kiev to personally reassure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky of Washington’s support amid the conflict with Russia, it was revealed on Sunday.

Zelensky shared a video on Twitter in which he is seen greeting Pelosi and other US lawmakers outside the presidential palace in the Ukrainian capital.

The highest-ranking US official to come to Kiev since the start of the fighting, Pelosi was accompanied by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Gregory Meeks, Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, Rules Committee Chairman Jim McGovern and Rep. Jason Crow. The House speaker is formally second in line to the presidency after the vice president.

The sides then held brief talks, during which Zelensky reiterated the need for continued US military support.

Pelosi told the Ukrainian leader that the US lawmakers were visiting Kiev “to say thank you for your fight for freedom.”

“Your fight is a fight for everyone. Our commitment is to be there for you until the fight is done,”
she promised.

Zelensky also used the opportunity to award Pelosi with the Order of Princess Olga, the third grade, a Ukrainian civil decoration bestowed upon women for personal merits in politics, science, culture and humanitarian areas.

The House speaker’s office said in a statement that getting together with the Ukrainian president was “an extraordinary honor.” The trip was aimed at sending “an unmistakable and resounding message to the entire world: America stands firmly with Ukraine,” the statement read.

The US delegation subsequently headed to Ukraine’s neighbor and ally Poland for talks with the country’s president, Andrzej Duda, and other top officials.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin were in Kiev a week ago with a visit having a similar aim of providing reassurance to Ukraine.

Following the trip, Austin openly acknowledged that, by helping the Ukrainian government, the US was trying to see “Russia weakened to the degree that it can't do the kinds of things that it has done in invading Ukraine.”

Washington has committed $4.3 billion to Kiev in military support since 2021, Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said on Friday, also revealing that the US had begun training Ukrainian troops in Germany and elsewhere in Europe.

Zelensky has received several high-profile officials in Kiev during the conflict, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and leaders of other European nations.

I forgot to mention an important thing Lavrov mentioned in the above part. He mentions Palestine while recounting that Telegram post and thereby essentially putting what is happening there on par with what happened to Donbas and Ukraine (at least) over the last 8 years and now. He says, „imagine Ukraine is Palestine“. I think it is very likely that Lavrov and co. know what is really going on in the Israel-Palestine conflict. What’s new though is that they would openly talk about it in those terms. Interesting. One could say that it slipped out of Lavrov accidentally, but I would give that a low probability considering Lavrov’s superb abilities in diplomacy. But notice that it is still a layer removed from „Lavrov/Putin/Russia saying it“ since Lavrov just recounts what a Telegram post says while not putting any qualification on it other than saying it is „interesting“. He can plausibly deny that he (and thus Russia) thinks something like that is the case in Palestine. Very clever, Lavrov!
I believe he was thinking that Ukraine since 2014, has become an apartheid state. The thing is, the Russian population has not been formally forced to isolate. Having said that all local policies in the Eastern Ukraine have been made to be hostile to the majority of population by cultural and functional preference to the minority population.
It is indeed interesting how the West is blind to that, when thinking back to the 80s, everyone was up in arms about the apartheid regime from Pretoria.
So, the Israel/Palestine example, it is great because he who knows, understands its value.

'A false-flag for expanding the conflict in the neighborhood.'

Lawmaker seeks to bring US troops to Ukraine

1 May, 2022
Adam Kinzinger’s resolution would allow President Biden to deploy American forces if Russia uses weapons of mass destruction

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, a Republican from Illinois, announced on Sunday that he will introduce a resolution authorizing the use of military force should Russia deploy “chemical, biological and/or nuclear weapons” in Ukraine. Kinzinger has continuously pushed for US involvement in the ongoing conflict, and previously backed measures that critics and President Biden said would lead to a “third world war.”

Kinzinger’s resolution would authorize the president to use the American military to “assist in defending and restoring the territorial integrity of Ukraine,” in response to a hypothetical Russian use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons on Ukrainian soil.

The resolution would give the president sole authority to determine whether such aggression by Russia had actually taken place, without requiring any international investigation. Accordingly, it could incentivize Ukrainian forces to stage such an attack in the hopes of drawing the US into the conflict, as commanders in Moscow have accused Kiev of planning.

As an Authorization for the Use of Military Force, or AUMF, the resolution would function like the post-9/11 AUMF that has been renewed every year since 2001. This authorization has given US presidents legal clearance to attack more than a dozen countries since 9/11, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Somalia and Yemen, without a formal declaration of war.

“As the President of the United States has said, Putin must be stopped,” read a statement from Kinzinger’s office. “Accordingly, the Commander in Chief to the world’s greatest military should have the authority and means to take the necessary actions to do so.”

Kinzinger, a Republican who aligns with Democrats on most issues, has publicly called for US involvement in the conflict already. Within a day of Russian forces entering Ukraine in February, Kinzinger was demanding that NATO enforce a ‘no-fly zone’ over the country, a move that would see the US-led military alliance commit to shooting down Russian aircraft and striking Russian air defense systems.

While Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has also requested such a move, Biden has refused, saying that it would trigger a “third world war” with Russia. Kinzinger has also pressured the Biden administration to send fighter jets donated by Poland into Ukraine, which the administration has refused. Citing the risks involved in having US pilots deliver warplanes into an active conflict zone, Biden again said that he wished to avoid “World War III.”

It is currently unclear if and when Kinzinger’s resolution will be brought to a vote. Biden himself has said that the US “would respond” to any use of weapons of mass destruction by Russian forces in Ukraine, but has avoided drawing any binding ‘red lines’. Instead, the US has continued to ship weapons to Ukraine and is currently training Ukrainian soldiers on some of these weapons systems in Germany.

Russia sent troops into Ukraine on February 24, following Kiev's failure to implement the terms of the Minsk agreements, first signed in 2014, and Moscow's eventual recognition of the Donbass republics of Donetsk and Lugansk. The German- and French-brokered Minsk Protocol was designed to give the breakaway regions special status within the Ukrainian state.

The Kremlin has since demanded that Ukraine officially declare itself a neutral country that will never join NATO. Kiev insists the Russian offensive was completely unprovoked and has denied claims it was planning to retake the two republics by force.
'Seems the neighborhood is ready.'

(Translated by Google)

At least 8 S-400 air defense systems and Pantsir-S systems are located 25 kilometers from the border with Ukraine - they were removed from a drone

2022-05-01

Back
Top Bottom