Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member

EU parliament brands Russia ‘state sponsor of terrorism’​

"It also urged EU members to initiate “a comprehensive international isolation” of Russia and “to swiftly complete its work on a ninth sanctions package.”

Mick Wallace argued in the European Parliament:
There's no legal framework for #EU to recognise a State Sponsor of Terrorism - Even the #US have refused to apply label to Russia. The idea that anyone from a blood-drenched #NATO State would label anyone else a sponsor of Terrorism before calling out their own State, is absurd..
The link to the video appeared in a Northern European "Stop War in Ukraine" FB group:

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Energy prices lead to increased fire hazards, this is probably a risk in many countries, even if the example below is only from one.
Authorities warn against alternative heat sources: 'If it goes wrong, it goes really wrong'
The head physician at Rigshospitalet's burns department fears that more people will be injured in the attempt to reduce the electricity bill.

Can you use the patio heater in the living room? Can you burn Euro pallets in the stove?

These are some of the questions that Danske Beredskaber must answer no to when people contact them. Because when the temperature drops and the price of energy rises, more people start to think about alternative methods of heating the home.

But not all methods are equally smart, says Bjarne Nigaard, head of the secretariat in Danske Beredskaber.

- At the moment, we get a lot of questions from people who want to think about alternatives to how they heat their home. Even though we are heading towards winter, it is not something we experience every year, he says.

We have some patients who are sedated, so we don't know what actually happened there.
RIKKE HOLMGAARD, CHIEF DOCTOR

According to Bjarne Nisgaard, there is no doubt that the high electricity prices are contributing to the many questions.

- It is something that a large part of those who contact us give us an insight into. You are trying to get through what must be said to be a cold time, he says.
[....]

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Regarding light or no light over an area, there is also the issue of clouds:
From this site, the cloud cover this morning was:
1669360981547.png
To find out what the colouring means, it may help to follow the map for a few days and look out the window in the location one is.

Another way is a weather map where one clicks the location and checks for the cloud cover: One example is this Yandex weather service.

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I've been wondering how Gonzalo Lira's getting on in Kharkov, which has been subject to power blackouts. Here's a 15-minute report from him, uploaded yesterday I think:

In short, he's coping well enough, but he describes a demoralizing effect it's having on the population. I do sympathize with ordinary Ukrainians - of whatever political persuasion. It's going to be a hell of a winter for them.

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In short, he's coping well enough, but he describes a demoralizing effect it's having on the population. I do sympathize with ordinary Ukrainians - of whatever political persuasion. It's going to be a hell of a winter for them.
Yes, Winter in Kharkov is cold and often humid. With a few degrees below zero, and 85 % relative humidity, even drying a towel would take time.
1669387506493.png

Images of Nord Stream 2 from Danish sector
Such pictures could have been released far earlier, just as Sweden did, but as the case was left with the police in Copenhagen, they only let other cameras in, when their own investigations were done.
1669387316044.png
Link to the Tweet with the video.

The Danish TV2 had an article and ended with the customary speculation that Russian has sabotaged itself.
by Jakob Kjøgx Bohr
It is the first time that images of the sabotage of Nord Stream 2 have been recorded in the Danish economic zone.

At the end of September, the controversial Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline was destroyed, and we are still waiting for a valid answer when it comes to the question of the reason behind it.

New images, which TV 2 Bornholm filmed on Thursday of the gas pipeline in the Danish economic zone, however, show that it is coordinated explosions that have sabotaged the gas pipeline.

This is what military analyst at the University of Copenhagen Jens Wenzel Kristoffersen assesses based on the recordings.

- If we remember the first pictures of the northern blasts (near Sweden, ed.), then it looks to me like it's something approximately the same. This may indicate that it is the same operator that has been at stake, he says.

It is the second time that pictures have been taken of the damaged gas line 80 meters below sea level in the Baltic Sea, but the first time from the Danish zone.

Jens Wenzel Kristoffersen's assessment agrees with similar images from the Swedish zone that were published barely a month and a half ago.

- There is no doubt whatsoever that this is sabotage. The explosion looks the same, and the Swedes have said that remnants of an explosive substance have been found on some of the remains that have been picked up and examined, he emphasizes.

The Danish Maritime Authority has given permission to film the area, located approximately 25 kilometers from Dueodde on Bornholm, as Danish authorities have completed their investigation on the seabed.

Investigation underway
However, who was behind the explosions on the two Russian Nord Stream pipelines to Germany and how they did it is still being investigated.

Responsibility for the investigation has been placed with the Copenhagen Police, which cooperates with German authorities, but they keep their cards close to their bodies - with good reason, says Jens Wenzel Kristoffersen.

- We are missing the smoking gun – this piece of fragment that finally proves that it is one or another kind of actor who is behind it. This is probably why nothing has been reported from the authorities, he says.

At first Sweden was also part of the investigation, but they withdrew out of fear for 'the security of the kingdom'. In October it was heard from the Swedes that there was sabotage on both Nord Stream 1 and 2.
And in mid-November, Sweden confirmed that they had found remnants of explosives and thus concluded that it was a deliberate act.

Russia itself asked for access to the investigations, and they themselves deny having a hand in the game.

Although before the election the Danish government officially refused to speculate on who might be behind the sabotage, the government still refused to let the Russians have access to the investigation.

TV 2's defense correspondent Anders Lomholt has previously said that people in the West believe that Russia is behind the explosions.

It has not been possible for TV 2 to get in touch with the Copenhagen Police on Thursday.
Russia is framed guilty and as the conflict in Ukraine from the highest level has support, it is doubtful this will change anytime soon.

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
As if a comment to Gonzalo Lira, there was an FB post commenting on the situation in Kiev:
The picture from Kiev's home (no light and no heat for several hours). For 8 years, the inhabitants of Donbass had no light, heat, and they were bombed by the Ukrainian army. Now in Kiev there is no water, no heat and gas. Today, a Danish journalist from TV2 in Kiev answered the question of what Ukrainians now hope for: 'all Ukrainians are ready to hold out until the last.' That's what the Danish journalist thinks! But this is not true! Now the majority of people in Kiev that the war will end soon and if the Russians win, they will also accept it. And some will even be very happy that these Russians can free them from Zelensky and his junta. People in Kiev will live, they are afraid that be persecuted, and they will not tell the truth to a Danish journalist, who is just a fool, because it is senseless for a Ukrainian to die for NATO.

1669391731007.png
Gonzalo Lira mentioned that he did not know what was going on, since there was no internet. I think his situation is one where a battery radio would be helpful. FM waves, if transmitted, can be received if there is electricity at the station, but the reception distance is usually low, so unless there is a generator there would be no signal. AM radio transmitters usually have a much larger reception distance, more so during the night due to reflection of the waves in the atmosphere.

Nević Nenad

The Living Force
As if a comment to Gonzalo Lira, there was an FB post commenting on the situation in Kiev:

Gonzalo Lira mentioned that he did not know what was going on, since there was no internet. I think his situation is one where a battery radio would be helpful. FM waves, if transmitted, can be received if there is electricity at the station, but the reception distance is usually low, so unless there is a generator there would be no signal. AM radio transmitters usually have a much larger reception distance, more so during the night due to reflection of the waves in the atmosphere.
During the Yugoslav wars much commnication was going trhrough radio amateurs. It was also used by military and civil services in 1999. It is very long distance frequencies. It is still very live where I live, although I dont know whether they had that in Ukraine.

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
During the Yugoslav wars much commnication was going trhrough radio amateurs. It was also used by military and civil services in 1999. It is very long distance frequencies. It is still very live where I live, although I dont know whether they had that in Ukraine.
There seems to be something existing:

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
'Will US greed undermine EU's support to Ukraine?'

25 Nov, 2022
'Keep whining (freezing) while Americans getting rich.'

5 hours ago

youlik

Dagobah Resident
Russia is framed guilty and as the conflict in Ukraine from the highest level has support, it is doubtful this will change anytime soon.
In this case, I frankly don't care. If you can't spit on all the accusations in a row (for example, about the same plane), then this is exactly the case when, as we say, you should spit and grind. Moreover, I believe that we should have blown up this pipe ourselves right the day after Scholtz stopped the certification. Type : you don't want, well, we didn't really want to either. And in any case, I wouldn't be too surprised if it ever turns out that our people knew about the preparation of the event and controlled its implementation. The Baltic Sea is small after all.
And now again about Prigozhin. I'm not a fan of Evgeniy Viktorovich at all, but he, as we say, burns. Yesterday was a sledgehammer, today is even more interesting.
Prigozhin reported on the ex-US general fighting in the Wagner PMCs

Businessman and creator of the Wagner PMCs, Yevgeny Prigozhin, said that a former US general is fighting in the PMCs. He told about this, answering one of the questions of the Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat, the words of Mr. Prigozhin are quoted by the press service of his company Concord.

Answering the question whether there are fighters of non—Russian origin in the Wagner PMCs, including Finnish citizens, the businessman said: "There are not very many Finnish citizens in the Wagner PMCs - about 20 people. But for obvious reasons, I cannot give accurate information about them."

"They are fighting in a British battalion (as part of the Wagner PMCs), whose commander is a US citizen, a former Marine general," Yevgeny Prigozhin noted.

Maria Fedotova
Пригожин сообщил об экс-генерале США, воюющем в «ЧВК Вагнера»

В данном случае прям откровенно наплевать. Если не на все подряд обвинения можно плевать (например с тем же самолетом), то это как раз тот случай, когда стоит, как у нас говорят, плюнуть и растереть. Больше того, я считаю, что нам надо было бы самим взорвать эту трубу прямо на следующий день после того как Шольц остановил сертификацию. Типа : вам не надо, ну и нам тоже не сильно хотелось. И я во всяком случае не сильно удивлюсь, если когда-нибудь выяснится, что наши знали о подготовке мероприятия и контролировали его выполнение. Балтийское море ведь маленькое.
А теперь опять о Пригожине. Я совсем не фанат Евгения Викторовича, но он, как у нас говорят, жжет. Вчера кувалда, сегодня еще интересней.

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In this case, I frankly don't care. If you can't spit on all the accusations in a row (for example, about the same plane), then this is exactly the case when, as we say, you should spit and grind. Moreover, I believe that we should have blown up this pipe ourselves right the day after Scholtz stopped the certification. Type : you don't want, well, we didn't really want to either. And in any case, I wouldn't be too surprised if it ever turns out that our people knew about the preparation of the event and controlled its implementation. The Baltic Sea is small after all.
I understand that position too, but let us see. The Nord Stream sabotage has many uses, and it works both ways, as it has caused some people in the West to see more clearly the game that is being played against Russia, but also against German and Europe in general. True, it is a small segment of the FB community that pays heed, but it does help some people. Perhaps one can say that the connection lost on the outside (Nord Steam) has given them a few extra firing neurons. It may not help much in terms of who wins or looses, but I think it helps the souls of those who grow with the experience, and perhaps thus prepares them for the twists and turns still to come.

f1esk

Jedi Master
Hollo from chechnya!

1669404624387.png
Kadirov(the head of Chechen Republic)(Google Translate):
Today, at a meeting with the Supreme Commander-in-Chief, we discussed the participation of Chechen units in Ukraine. He reported on the successful staffing in the Chechen Republic of new units of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and the National Guard of Russia with fighters who already have experience of participating in hostilities. They are at the forefront and perform a number of strategic tasks of the command of the special operation.
He also reported on the supply of our units, equipment, tactical capabilities.

During the dialogue, Vladimir Vladimirovich noted the great contribution of the region to the conduct of the NMD, in particular, the achievements of our soldiers on the front line, their fighting spirit and experience, the recruitment of military units and the training of volunteer detachments. The Supreme Commander-in-Chief stressed that today Russia is a country of close-knit patriots that is coping with Western attacks as a single big and friendly family.
Vladimir Vladimirovich thanked our guys for their dedication, patriotism and high results on the front line.
I thanked our president for the reverent attention to the fighters and words of support.

I do not doubt for a second that Russia, led by our strong president, will win this fight against neo-Nazism and NATO aggression.

link to chanel: Kadyrov_95

President Putin had many meetings today.

Deliverance

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member

Russia-Donbass reunification was long overdue — Putin​

"Now, it has become pretty obvious that this reunification should have happened earlier," the president said

NOVO-OGARYOVO, November 25. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin admitted that now it is clear that the reunification of Russia and Donbass should have happened earlier.

"As far as 2014 is concerned, of course, in hindsight, we know everything now, but we proceeded from the assumption that it might be possible to come to terms, that Lugansk and Donetsk would be able to reunite with Ukraine somehow within the framework of the Minsk agreements. We were sincerely working towards this, but we didn’t fully feel the mood of the people, it was impossible to understand what was happening there," Putin said on Friday at a meeting with the mothers of servicemen participating in the special military operation.

"Now, it has become pretty obvious that this reunification should have happened earlier. Maybe there would not have been so many civilian casualties, and there would not have been so many children killed by bombardments," Putin said.

"It's good that this happened in the end," he pointed out, praising the role of the sons of the women invited to the meeting, "who are now fighting there, on the frontline, on the second line, or on the third line - it doesn't matter - all of them are in the zone of the special military operation."

"I mean all our soldiers, including those who joined the armed forces as a result of mobilization," Putin stressed.

Top Bottom